Nov 24 - Downtown LA business owners concerned crime is uncontrollable

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+140  139
257 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 months ago '05        #1
5195 page views
129 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 18389 18 K  Slaps total: 4115 4 K
Nov 24 - Downtown LA business owners concerned crime is uncontrollable

Downtown LA business owners concerned crime is uncontrollable

Tuesday night's stabbing spree inside a target store in Downtown Los Angeles has residents and people who work in the area extremely concerned.

There's no question that homelessness has expanded dramatically in Downtown LA but now business owners are demanding more from the city government in order to prevent another stabbing like the one that took place Tuesday.

A homeless man stabbed a child and woman that night inside the Downtown LA Target store located on 7th and Figueroa Street.

The suspect was shot by a security guard and was later pronounced dead at a hospital. The two victims did not suffer fatal injuries but the woman was said to be in critical but stable condition.

Fortunately, the stabbing did not result in a fatal conclusion but business owners say the attack was just one of many crimes that take place in the area on a daily basis.

Problem we are having is people walking in, grabbing merchandise and leave and Burlington policy right now is a hands off policy liability to stop someone," Nejdeh Avedian said. "People coming in smashing and not just our building, but all over frustrating tenants and customers. I want to change all that."

Avedian is the owner of A property building that houses a Burlington Department Store and several other businesses in Downtown LA.

He told CBSLA Reporter Jasmine Viel that on a daily basis, people go into the Burlington store and steal items. The department store's policy is to to not provoke or try and stop shoplifters.

Avedian, who also owns the Saint Vincent jewelry center on 7th and Broadway, has hired private armed security but said crime still runs rampant.

Claudia Oliveira is the President of the Downtown LA Neighborhood Council. She is working with Avedian to try and make Downtown LA safer.

"Property crime can definitely escalate to something else. It's for the mayor to declare a state of emergency and pass legislation and make decisions that normally would take years able to make," Oliveira said.

Melynda Choothesa is on the neighborhood council board and owns Quirk, a resale clothing store. With a mother who suffers from mental illness, she is sympathetic to what she sees on the street every day.

"We need to change policy. We can't allow people who can't make sound decisions for themselves to continue to decide not to get help," Choothesa said.

visit this link https://www.cbsnews.com/l .. ncontrollable/
+8   

best
worst
129 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 92011 92 K  Slaps total: 9576 9 K
If you from LA this ain’t new yuppies moved in and thought sh*t was sweet. Downtown been a jungle
+104   

2 months ago '17        #3
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47827 47 K  Slaps total: 6712 6 K
OP must be from middle America
+12   

2 months ago '06        #4
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 39304 39 K  Slaps total: 9892 9 K
Flood the area with cops. I prefer seeing them over sketchy looking dudes who just stare as you walk by and have you wondering if they’re gonna call their broke a*s friends and identify you as a target.
+32   

2 months ago '16        #5
T 4D 
Props total: 1367 1 K  Slaps total: 75 75
 DUCEDUCE said
If you from LA this ainít new yuppies moved in and thought sh*t was sweet. Downtown been a jungle
I wasnít fckin wit downtown in the mid-late 80ís. They keep tryin to pump it up but, all they doin is flossin in them peoples faces. They ainít standing for that, they gone get theirsÖ.
+8   

2 months ago '04        #6
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 71996 71 K  Slaps total: 8454 8 K
 Storchaveli said
Flood the area with cops. I prefer seeing them over sketchy looking dudes who just stare as you walk by and have you wondering if theyíre gonna call their broke a*s friends and identify you as a target.
Is it really like that out there?
How often does that sh*t happen in a day?
+2   

2 months ago '06        #7
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 39304 39 K  Slaps total: 9892 9 K
 Tastemaker331 said
It is. Homeless people walking everywhere. You canít go anywhere without seeing someone sleeping on the street, talking to themselves, or sh*tting on the street. If you ever come to LA, walk down Broadway by the Jewelry District and tell me you donít feel like you have to keep your head on a swivel. Itís not just homeless people either, itís also the suspect a*s dudes who hang out by the sneaker stores always getting into some sh*t. Use the Citizen app and youíll see what Iím talking about. At least a couple incidents a day. Whenever I go downtown I NEVER wear hyped sneakers or nice jackets for that reason. I donít trust anyone around. We need more cop presence to make these losers feel uncomfortable.
+42   

2 months ago '16        #8
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 70247 70 K  Slaps total: 12233 12 K
i work right next to that target go there all time

the only problem is the zombies

ive said this many times on this site and irl

it should be illegal to just walk the street homeless and zooted

u cant tell somebody with nothing to lose sh*t

plus they on drugs yelling at themselves, hitting theyselves

i know people that working security for that area and they tell me they f*ghting everyday, lot of times the same people over dumb zombie sh*t, they wanna p*ss on themselves and sh*t in public, i seen a zombie yell out the top of his lungs on the train 5 feet away from a cop the cop didnt say a word

they be punking these punk a*s cops

glad they merked him tho

but the next one wont care

at that target which is nice af and got bad bi*chs in it all day have to lock up bar soap and toothpaste LOL
+45   

2 months ago '16        #9
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 70247 70 K  Slaps total: 12233 12 K
 Storchaveli said
It is. Homeless people walking everywhere. You canít go anywhere without seeing someone sleeping on the street, talking to themselves, or sh*tting on the street. If you ever come to LA, walk down Broadway by the Jewelry District and tell me you donít feel like you have to keep your head on a swivel. Itís not just homeless people either, itís also the suspect a*s dudes who hang out by the sneaker stores always getting into some sh*t. Use the Citizen app and youíll see what Iím talking about. At least a couple incidents a day. Whenever I go downtown I NEVER wear hyped sneakers or nice jackets for that reason. I donít trust anyone around. We need more cop presence to make these losers feel uncomfortable.
cop presence dont matter they dont give half of a fu*k

they gotta change laws

why i cant drink a beer on the street but they can shoot up and take sh*ts on the sidewalk

u shouldt be allowed to sleep on the sidewalk or bus stop period

give them a option go to jail or rehab

thats the only way

these zombies coming from out of state just to homeless in LA cuz its lit af lol and mfs be giving out money all day

venice beach is worst too, they got big a*s tents on the fukkin beach like they balling, all they got to do is beg for a couple hours get 100-200 bucks buy they drink and drugs and living they best life, or they robbin
+32   

2 months ago '16        #10
Teknicks 
Props total: 46182 46 K  Slaps total: 8462 8 K
 Storchaveli said
Flood the area with cops. I prefer seeing them over sketchy looking dudes who just stare as you walk by and have you wondering if theyíre gonna call their broke a*s friends and identify you as a target.
Ain't enough cops lol the best solution is to address poverty and mental health..

The left thinks people should have the right to live on the street and the right wants them all locked up..

The solution is get them the help they need job services, mental health care, and mental institution for those who can't live in society safely..

But there aren't enough jobs and the rich will never give up the tax breaks needed to make it happen
+32   

2 months ago '14        #11
BoosieBambataa 
Props total: 6123 6 K  Slaps total: 369 369
 Tastemaker331 said
Theres a lot of homeless in that area. Theyíre trynna make it nice but idk
+1   

2 months ago '21        #12
2Pac Cares  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 12043 12 K  Slaps total: 10551 10 K
Should've thought about that before you became a shill and catered to these young democratic punks.

When I think about it, I thought California was supposed to break off from the US and do its own thing by now anyway? At least that's what people were saying in the 90s.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #13
Jackie Chiles 
Props total: 8949 8 K  Slaps total: 1234 1 K
Ghostbuters would've had that city cleaned up in less than a week

+20   

2 months ago '20        #14
Perfectibilist 
Props total: 5851 5 K  Slaps total: 2664 2 K
 2Pac Cares said
Should've thought about that before you became a shill and catered to these young democratic punks.

When I think about it, I thought California was supposed to break off from the US and do its own thing by now anyway? At least that's what people were saying in the 90s.
Exactly. I thought that policing an area in order to deter crime was "rayciss....."

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #15
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x49
Props total: 100912 100 K  Slaps total: 65885 65 K
They on that K2??

2 months ago '05        #16
bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44 OP
Props total: 18389 18 K  Slaps total: 4115 4 K
 Lazy said
OP must be from middle America
To bad that is not true, wish I did.

Last edited by bobbysteels18; 11-25-2022 at 04:24 AM..

2 months ago '07        #17
varun313 
Props total: 9816 9 K  Slaps total: 1118 1 K
 DUCEDUCE said
If you from LA this ainít new yuppies moved in and thought sh*t was sweet. Downtown been a jungle
What these new Karen's don't know is DTLA was alot worse years back smh lol
+11   

2 months ago '06        #18
Icee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44132 44 K  Slaps total: 3083 3 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Gentrification results these planners definitely overlooked.
+5   

2 months ago '04        #19
nobody 
Props total: 9266 9 K  Slaps total: 1100 1 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Same thing is happening in Atlanta, mofo's moviing into luxo apts that were built were projects were and wonder why there is crime all over the place.
+9   

2 months ago '21        #20
TheIronyIsThat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25649 25 K  Slaps total: 3902 3 K
Inflation, out of control unchecked corporate corruption , guns, the mass need to be socially validated, media instigation, unsolved racist systems, public political bribing and everything else you need to make your own Dystopian nightmare novel or movie...

...and it's all right in America.

And that's not even half of it.

And people saw this coming many, many decades ago. Matter of fact, many of the movies and books from America constantly pointed it out.

There's been nothing happening so far to prove that it won't continously get worse for a lot of people.

But keep voting guys.

Keep playing the game!

It looks like it's helping.
+16   

2 months ago '12        #21
mars15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 62131 62 K  Slaps total: 4921 4 K
Meanwhile Target and other big box stores engage in wage theft of their employees by the tune of tens of millions of dollars a year. Guess what makes the news.
+12   

2 months ago '16        #22
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 91300 91 K  Slaps total: 10964 10 K
Oh no the city full of extreme income inequality has tons of crime and homelessness??? Wow what a shocker.

And we got bum a*s n*ggas crying for more LAPD

What problems have they ever solved
+19   

2 months ago '18        #23
Dehone 
Props total: 93091 93 K  Slaps total: 5411 5 K
A homeless man stabbed a child and woman that night inside the Downtown LA Target store located on 7th and Figueroa Street.

Piss on that fu*ker's grave. That sympathy goes out the window when you start harming people.

Last edited by Dehone; 11-26-2022 at 09:05 AM..
+10   

2 months ago '17        #24
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 71536 71 K  Slaps total: 29805 29 K
 Storchaveli said
Of course you don't, you little bi*ch.

2 months ago '22        #25
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 11804 11 K  Slaps total: 2982 2 K
5th world country
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  38
Video inside EMBARRASSING! ENTIRE Crowd LEAVES After RICK ROSS Hits The Stage In Hou..
230 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  22
Feb 4 - Family found dead in Pennsylvania made a 'joint decision' to k*ll them..
101 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-52online now  19
Video inside Jack Harlow & Sinqua Walls star in the first teaser for the WHITE MEN C..
129 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside Feb 5 - BREAKING: Pioneer of Atlanta Club Sceen, k*lled at his Club
66 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy