Nov 24 - Advertisers are dropping Twitter. Musk canít afford to lose any more.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+22  55
53 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '20        #1
2534 page views
75 comments

ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 47414 47 K  Slaps total: 8451 8 K
Nov 24 - Advertisers are dropping Twitter. Musk canít afford to lose any more.

More than a third of Twitter’s top 100 marketers have not advertised on the social media network in the past two weeks, a Washington Post analysis of marketing data found — an indication of the extent of skittishness among advertisers about billionaire Elon Musk’s control of the company.

Dozens of top Twitter advertisers, including 14 of the top 50, have stopped advertising in the few weeks since Musk’s chaotic acquisition of the social media company, according to The Post’s analysis of data from Pathmatics, which offers brand analysis on digital marketing trends.

Ads for blue-chip brands including Jeep and Mars candy, whose corporate parents were among the top 100 U.S. advertisers on the site in the six months before Musk’s purchase, haven’t appeared there since at least Nov. 7, the analysis found. Musk a*sumed ownership of the site Oct. 27.

“Mars started suspending advertising activities on Twitter in late September when we learned of some significant brand safety and suitability incidents that impacted our brands,” said a statement to The Post from Mars, which, in addition to its namesake candy, makes other foods and pet products.

Pharmaceutical company Merck, cereal maker Kellogg, Verizon and Samuel Adams brewer Boston Beer also have stopped their advertising in recent weeks, the Pathmatics data shows. The companies didn’t respond to requests for comment from The Post.

Pathmatics data is generated from collecting the ads shown to a sample of Twitter users in the United States. The company estimated that each top marketer’s ads were shown tens of millions of times per week or more during their busiest weeks on the site, with some of the advertisers’ ads being shown billions of times over the six months before the pause.

Wall Street has long viewed Twitter as a company that moved too slowly to push out products that would convert its viral popularity into revenue. And while Musk has been scrambling to cut costs and find alternative forms of revenue, Twitter is still heavily reliant on advertising. Last year, nearly 90 percent of the company’s $5 billion in revenue came from advertising, while the rest was derived from data licensing and other services, according to regulatory filings.

Meanwhile, Twitter recently laid off some employees in its sales division, continuing the mass exodus of employees at the company, the Wall Street Journal reported this week.

Twitter is best known as a platform for big corporations to increase awareness of their companies with a large and diverse audience through brand advertising campaigns — the kind many companies are eager to cut when the economy sours or a given marketing platform no longer seems like a solid investment, according to experts.

Marketers are reevaluating Twitter during a moment of chaos as Musk makes dramatic changes to both the staff and the platform. The billionaire slashed roughly half the workforce and then issued an ultimatum that spurred hundreds of other employees to quit, including many involved in making sure the site was free from content that advertisers would prefer to not be a*sociated with. In the hours after Musk took over, Twitter experienced an influx of racist and antisemitic posts that tested the boundaries of Twitter’s rules under a new owner who for months had signaled he would ease many of Twitter’s content moderation practices.

Matthew Quint, director of the Center on Global Brand Leadership at Columbia Business School, said that many companies are under “pressure, from a range of their stakeholders and consumers, around being connected with content that is viewed as inflammatory.” The challenge for them and for Twitter, he said, is that Musk is becoming “a very strong brand himself, and a controversial brand.”

“The more he is out in the front, the more advertisers may … just choose to say I’m still not ready to be heavily a*sociated with a Musk platform at this point,” Quint said.

visit this link https://www.washingtonpos .. r-exodus-musk/
+3   

best
worst
75 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24 OP
Musk reminds me of bootleg wannabe Trump

He simply craves attention and can't get out of the way

There was a time when he was a man of few words

Now he can't shut up
+36   

2 months ago '09        #3
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25759 25 K  Slaps total: 3729 3 K
With an estimated net worth of around $181 billion as of November 18, 2022, Musk is the wealthiest person in the world according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index and Forbes's real-time billionaires list. CEO and product architect of Tesla, Inc. CEO of Twitter, Inc.
I think he can afford whatever he wants lol

2 months ago '20        #4
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24 OP
 GREAT1NE said
Net worth means nothing as we saw with Kanye....

Musk is in the business of making money, not losing it

Advertisers make up 90% of Twitters revenue.

Even the world richest man can't afford to pay 4 million a day (long term) for the upkeep of a debt ridden platform, which is why he mentioned potential bankruptcy last week

Last edited by ProfessionalDon; 11-24-2022 at 03:19 PM..
+23   

2 months ago '22        #5
RockyIII 
Props total: 4152 4 K  Slaps total: 1449 1 K
 GREAT1NE said
You have zero understanding of worthÖ most of these rich people donít have liquid cash.. they are investments that make profit, not liquid cash. They then use the equity to take loans out against said investments.

He might be worth that much, but only had 5bucks cash on hand
+17   

2 months ago '09        #6
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25759 25 K  Slaps total: 3729 3 K
 RockyIII said
You have zero understanding of worthÖ most of these rich people donít have liquid cash.. they are investments that make profit, not liquid cash. They then use the equity to take loans out against said investments.

I understand all that lol. Just making an obvious observation

2 months ago '22        #7
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 26322 26 K  Slaps total: 16931 16 K
Imagine being sick a loser you want twitter to fail because creeps like this no longer run it

+4   

2 months ago '04        #8
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 64148 64 K  Slaps total: 4319 4 K
Gonna start see mom and pops dropping $50 for advertising on Twitter…

+16   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '13        #9
yunghuss973 
Props total: 9848 9 K  Slaps total: 3633 3 K
Twitter has been a degenerate cesspool that hosts pr0n,advertises prostitution,shows people getting k*lled, and all types of fu*k sh*t for a long time now.
Companies had no problem with it…
Elon Musk buys it and now they acting like some scared hoes.

Incredible.
+15   

2 months ago '10        #10
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 30076 30 K  Slaps total: 4922 4 K
 ProfessionalDon said
Musk reminds me of bootleg wannabe Trump

He simply craves attention and can't get out of the way

There was a time when he was a man of few words

Now he can't shut up
hes way smarter than trump lets be real trump is only on because of his father

2 months ago '22        #11
OmegaAT 
Props total: 5330 5 K  Slaps total: 159 159
 Booda Sack said
Imagine being sick a loser you want twitter to fail because creeps like this no longer run it

Looks like Robocop

+2   

2 months ago '07        #12
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29436 29 K  Slaps total: 9239 9 K
 GREAT1NE said
That clown has already lost 100 Billie of his fortune
+2   

2 months ago '07        #13
 acegutta22 said
hes way smarter than trump lets be real trump is only on because of his father
Same with Elon. His father is a millionaire because he owes an emerald mine in Apartheid South Africa. has owned it since Elon was born.

Last edited by 240ka; 11-24-2022 at 06:40 PM..
+13   

2 months ago '07        #14
pandadays  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 18414 18 K  Slaps total: 5092 5 K
 240ka said
Same with Elon. His father is a billionaire because he owes an emerald mine in Apartheid South Africa. has owned it since Elon was born.
The lies never end. Father is not even a millionaire. That mine has been empty for 70 years

2 months ago '10        #15
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 30076 30 K  Slaps total: 4922 4 K
 240ka said
Same with Elon. His father is a billionaire because he owes an emerald mine in Apartheid South Africa. has owned it since Elon was born.
come on man pay pal was genius so was tesla so was space x i don't like him but dude is an alien

2 months ago '04        #16
skillahmang 
Props total: 75262 75 K  Slaps total: 14514 14 K
Muthafu*ka really compared elon and ye’s net worth

2 months ago '07        #17
 acegutta22 said
come on man pay pal was genius so was tesla so was space x i don't like him but dude is an alien
Oh so you think musk created PayPal - how cute
+15   

2 months ago '05        #18
barber 
Props total: 3675 3 K  Slaps total: 876 876
fu*k Musk, that greedy motherfu*ker could have revitalized South Africa for 44 billion. I hope all advertisers boycott his a*s!
+8   

2 months ago '21        #19
Swisha2k11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 7345 7 K  Slaps total: 2384 2 K
 240ka said
Oh so you think musk created PayPal - how cute
Apartheid Musk didn't even create Tesla...

Billionaires do what billionaires do best... exploit & then write the history to cement the legacy.

Last edited by Swisha2k11; 11-25-2022 at 07:40 AM..
+11   

2 months ago '21        #20
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42948 42 K  Slaps total: 11893 11 K
Billionaires shouldn't exist in a just society.

Tax the fu*k outta them.
+10   

2 months ago '16        #21
Dick Armey 
Props total: 12954 12 K  Slaps total: 4870 4 K
n*gga gonna start selling snake oil like the rest of the right wing grifters
+6   

2 months ago '11        #22
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 199888 199 K  Slaps total: 27161 27 K
None of the content on my twitter has really changed though

2 months ago '11        #23
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 76140 76 K  Slaps total: 52308 52 K
 RockyIII said

hard to say that when this n*gga flying a Gulfstream so much and everyone know that fuel for them jets aint cheat so he got some money

2 months ago '20        #24
Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 15296 15 K  Slaps total: 2216 2 K
 yunghuss973 said
Twitter has been a degenerate cesspool that hosts pr0n,advertises prostitution,shows people getting k*lled, and all types of fu*k sh*t for a long time now.
Companies had no problem with itÖ
Elon Musk buys it and now they acting like some scared hoes.

Incredible.
Elon Musk has already done da hard part in acquiring da company and taking a meat cleaver to its dead weight payroll personnel. Da easy part is figuring out new monetization lanes and a*suring its advertiser base that everything's cool he's already been having record engagement on Twitter since his takeover so we should be all right.

2 months ago '20        #25
Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 15296 15 K  Slaps total: 2216 2 K
 240ka said
That clown has already lost 100 Billie of his fortune
Pittens compared to Zuckerberg's fantasies about da metaverse being a complete failure.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-25online now  24
FBG Duckís mom is NOW on 0nlyfans!
202 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Jan 28 - 29-year-old woman arrested after enrolling at New Jersey high school
65 comments