DTF T-shirt Printing at Home

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+31  94
63 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

3 months ago '04        #1
3082 page views
52 comments

Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 76317 76 K  Slaps total: 14784 14 K
DTF T-shirt Printing at Home

I don't know this dude
Never communicated with him online
Was browsing Youtube and came across his video
Very interesting.
Anyone press shirts on here?
Is this a game changer?
Thoughts?
+12   

best
worst
52 comments

3 months ago '04        #2
goldenchild7317 
Props total: 4151 4 K  Slaps total: 550 550
Thats dope. Seems pretty low cost for a lil t shirt business maybe under 5k. Plus so many places to sell now like Etsy, Ebay, Mercari, Poshmark etc...
+5   

3 months ago '04        #3
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25 OP
Yeh that definitely looks like an easy come up especially in an era of memes and so much potential material to bank off of.
If you know what you are doing you can definitely come up fast.
+1   

3 months ago '21        #4
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 9950 9 K  Slaps total: 3191 3 K
No. Not a game changer. Unless I missed something it does the same thing as the others.

The real game changer was that paper printer that let you take out the parts and turn it into a DTF printer. Reason why is because it was cheap. I think it was made by HP but I put down t-shirt printing last year so I forget the name.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #5
Tonero 
Props total: 13781 13 K  Slaps total: 3297 3 K
Used to want to fu*k with the DTF printers over 10 years ago. The issue is mass production and its too expensive to make one shirt

I would get back in the clothing game but i don't want to do designs any more. I still got the plug in china and pakistan
+9   

3 months ago '19        #6
Witness102  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 15964 15 K  Slaps total: 3635 3 K
DTF is lame - these things make shirts that crackle and look sh*tty.
+9   

3 months ago '17        #7
HH080 
Props total: 19641 19 K  Slaps total: 1795 1 K
 Fatt Kidd said
No. Not a game changer. Unless I missed something it does the same thing as the others.

The real game changer was that paper printer that let you take out the parts and turn it into a DTF printer. Reason why is because it was cheap. I think it was made by HP but I put down t-shirt printing last year so I forget the name.
Why you stopped
+1   

3 months ago '08        #8
kingdre310 
Props total: 1867 1 K  Slaps total: 57 57
how do you scale this though? you print one, and that's it.

if you could print one image for multiple shirts then this would be great. my bad if I missed it.
+3   

3 months ago '04        #9
 kingdre310 said

if you could print one image for multiple shirts then this would be great. my bad if I missed it.
Good point
+1   

3 months ago '21        #10
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 9950 9 K  Slaps total: 3191 3 K
 HH080 said
Why you stopped
I let this girl I know use it to start her business and never got my equipment back. Eventually I just forgot about it.

I really wanna get into sewing machines. Shirt printing can get costy trying to figure it out.

You gotta find good ink, good clothing, and room for all the errors that's gonna happen. I didn't consider all that. Just knew I was good at designs.
+11   

3 months ago '05        #11
arkansas@$$hole  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10628 10 K  Slaps total: 587 587
Love it but mass production is a problem with these. Also the process is the same as other shirts no matter the printer used basically. Too many steps. DTG printers are expensive as hell but the process is so much easier and it removes some time consuming steps. No longer in the shirt game but fun while it lasted. I did it as a side hustle and my new role kind of k*lled it. Make a few here and there or if people ask but no longer selling or posting because I don’t have the time for large quantities.
+5   

3 months ago '17        #12
HH080 
Props total: 19641 19 K  Slaps total: 1795 1 K
 Fatt Kidd said
I let this girl I know use it to start her business and never got my equipment back. Eventually I just forgot about it.

I really wanna get into sewing machines. Shirt printing can get costy trying to figure it out.

You gotta find good ink, good clothing, and room for all the errors that's gonna happen. I didn't consider all that. Just knew I was good at designs.
Crazy you said that because my gma left behind alotta sewing machines and i been trying to get into learning them

Good info about the shirts
+2   

3 months ago '15        #13
Suave Mente  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8804 8 K  Slaps total: 1674 1 K
I'm looking to get into making military memorabilia shirts and designs. I got no experience with it I'm just active duty and have fallen into the hobby.

Where should I start? Any BX folks with experience interested in linking??
+2   

3 months ago '04        #14
 arkansas@$$hole said
Love it but mass production is a problem with these. Also the process is the same as other shirts no matter the printer used basically. Too many steps. DTG printers are expensive as hell but the process is so much easier and it removes some time consuming steps. No longer in the shirt game but fun while it lasted. I did it as a side hustle and my new role kind of k*lled it. Make a few here and there or if people ask but no longer selling or posting because I don’t have the time for large quantities.
Did you ever have any issues with the fumes/air quality from the machines?

3 months ago '04        #15
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 37990 37 K  Slaps total: 6532 6 K

+1   

3 months ago '16        #16
Auxthepro 
Props total: 901 901  Slaps total: 21 21
Been heavy in the Silkscreen game since 2013 , never had the urge to go DTF. Not enough time/earning potential if you’re printing for companies with over 30+ employees.
+2   

3 months ago '09        #17
WiLL 
Props total: 6892 6 K  Slaps total: 174 174
The only downside to T-Shirt sales is that you have to be careful with IP's and copyright issues. Pretty much everything these days is copyrighted, from words to slogans etc.
Offering a service to print peoples already made designs might be different though, but nice machine indeed.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #18
youngcapstar 
Props total: 3148 3 K  Slaps total: 521 521
I’m currently in printing business. We do vinyl, screen printing, white toner, dtf, dtg and embroidery in my shop on 4855 old national highway in ATL.
The main thing to bring up; this guy gets paid to promote these items. So I wouldn’t trust his word. Now dtf is the new thing. A soft feel. The best quality you’re gonna get besides actually screen printing. I like the brother dtf machine, which is around 20,000. I brought a white toner printer (iColor 550) for about 5000 and it’s trash. Horrible quality, unless you use their “premium” paper. And like someone mentioned above. It’s not really a time saver. Where do I make all my money though? 1. Embroidery, 2. Dtf 3. Vinyl
My equipment
Mt1501 from Ricoma 25,000
Brother prs 100 x2 5,000
IColor 550. $$5000
6 colors screen printing press $3000

One other thing I’ll say. My customers who place large orders; businesses and schools and churches & sh*t, I don’t do those jobs my own dtf machine, I outsource them from china, they do the work and ship the film to me and it cost me the exact same price it would cost me to produce myself.
So definitely no no to white toner, yes to dtf, but embroidery k*lls all that. My embroidery machine runs at basically $50 per hr. 8 hrs a day. That’s where the money is.
+10   

3 months ago '04        #19
goldenchild7317 
Props total: 4151 4 K  Slaps total: 550 550
 Tonero said
Used to want to fu*k with the DTF printers over 10 years ago. The issue is mass production and its too expensive to make one shirt

I would get back in the clothing game but i don't want to do designs any more. I still got the plug in china and pakistan
Good Point do you know what OMI the Hellcat uses? He said he spend 40,000 and this seems to be a million dollar clothing business.

3 months ago '16        #20
Trojanman60 
Props total: 286 286  Slaps total: 20 20
Look into sublimation printing. I'm still learning but everything you need to print your own tshirts should cost no more than $2000.

+1   

3 months ago '22        #21
Jason Weaver  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 11902 11 K  Slaps total: 2444 2 K
That market is so saturated.

Everybody and their momma does this kind of work. Do you know how many cricuts I've seen collecting dust.
+1   

3 months ago '10        #22
MIDUFINGACEO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 14050 14 K  Slaps total: 1883 1 K
 Javon23 said
I don't know this dude
Never communicated with him online
Was browsing Youtube and came across his video
Very interesting.
Anyone press shirts on here?
Is this a game changer?
Thoughts?

i run a clothing brand

I do both print on demand and print from home its about what you have time to do and are allowed to do when it comes to pressing. When it comes to the business you gotta have a audience that needs what you have if not its best to do pod work than press from home.

also some of these youtubers are sponsored by the companies whose products they review
+2   

3 months ago '18        #23
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 60313 60 K  Slaps total: 5998 5 K
Do any of you tshirt guys start out using printify or other print on demand services to test the market before buying expensive equipment?
+1   

3 months ago '08        #24
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 51922 51 K  Slaps total: 7400 7 K
 kingdre310 said

Not really designed for that though

Just a home option for people looking to sell some shirts out the trunk

Quality work though
+2   

3 months ago '04        #25
AliHood 
Props total: 8197 8 K  Slaps total: 552 552
Good quality thread...This idea comes across my brain a few times a year. I almost bought one of those $20K DTG printers earlier this year, but decided not to after I started researching and seeing printer conversions etc. I just wanted something I could print a few tee's at the krib for the fam and I whenever I wanted.

Last edited by AliHood; 11-09-2022 at 10:58 AM..
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-25online now  27
FBG Duck’s mom is NOW on 0nlyfans!
204 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  19
Jan 28 - Americans falling behind on car payments at a record pace