MKBHD: The iPhone USB-C Law Explained

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
15 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 months ago '04        #1
1432 page views
7 comments

NBA Brawler  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7081 7 K  Slaps total: 221 221
MKBHD: The iPhone USB-C Law Explained

Cliff notes: Basically, he thinks that because of the way the law is written, Apple is going to avoid USB-C altogether and go with MagSafe/Wireless Charging. It's been rumored for at least 2 years now that Apple is looking to remove the charging port anyway so I can definitely see this being their way of skipping USB-C.

Personally, I prefer wired charging over wireless charging anyday. That sh*t fu*ked up the battery health on one of my phones. Never used it again after that.
+16   

best
worst
7 comments

3 months ago '05        #2
Jcrazy 
Props total: 1194 1 K  Slaps total: 314 314
 NBA Brawler said

Cliff notes: Basically, he thinks that because of the way the law is written, Apple is going to avoid USB-C altogether and go with MagSafe/Wireless Charging. It's been rumored for at least 2 years now that Apple is looking to remove the charging port anyway so I can definitely see this being their way of skipping USB-C.

Personally, I prefer wired charging over wireless charging anyday. That sh*t fu*ked up the battery health on one of my phones. Never used it again after that.
Not sure what phone you had prior or what how many watts ya wireless charger was conducing (first wireless chargers or cheap ones was doing 3-5w) but overall wireless charging is slow af and most people cant put they phone down. The magsafe charger is dope and since its charging at 12w and over its not fast but not so slow. Wireless charging with a magsafe conduction as high as wired is will resolve this issue. The back of the phone hopefully will still do reg wireless charging (coil conduction )

3 months ago '04        #3
NBA Brawler  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 7081 7 K  Slaps total: 221 221
 JayThunder said
Not sure what phone you had prior or what how many watts ya wireless charger was conducing (first wireless chargers or cheap ones was doing 3-5w) but overall wireless charging is slow af and most people cant put they phone down. The magsafe charger is dope and since its charging at 12w and over its not fast but not so slow. Wireless charging with a magsafe conduction as high as wired is will resolve this issue. The back of the phone hopefully will still do reg wireless charging (coil conduction )
It was the XS Max and one of the wireless Mophie charging pads.

3 months ago '14        #4
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34605 34 K  Slaps total: 1423 1 K
 NBA Brawler said

Yo good looks for the cliffs broski!!!
+2   

3 months ago '22        #5
Jason Weaver  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 11567 11 K  Slaps total: 2375 2 K
I don't think you don't realize how companies like Apple are using propietary accessories and limiting competition is why they have the markup they do

The EU actually cares about their citizens and conservatives have us convinced that corporations are people too.

It is sad
+6   

3 months ago '05        #6
bqstudios  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 30164 30 K  Slaps total: 4134 4 K
 JayThunder said
I dont know if thats an iphone issue , but ive had the same FAST wireless charger for over 5 years , and its great. Im Android though, so dont know, i just made sure to get a good case that was wireless charging friendly.

Last edited by bqstudios; 11-05-2022 at 02:46 PM..

3 months ago '19        #7
Immersion Vox 
Props total: 15388 15 K  Slaps total: 1996 1 K
They would want to make sure MagSafe charging is as fast as it can be before making that jump over to 100% wireless charging

might be just an iPhone 15 Pro feature as well

3 months ago '04        #8
Magnificent Phoenix|m 
Props total: 1783 1 K  Slaps total: 276 276
 Jason Weaver said
I don't think you don't realize how companies like Apple are using propietary accessories and limiting competition is why they have the markup they do

The EU actually cares about their citizens and conservatives have us convinced that corporations are people too.

It is sad
Well said.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  32
audio inside Biggie mentioned 8 year old Raven Symone in his song about fu-king famo..
223 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+49online now  25
Image(s) inside Jan 27 - JUST IN: T.J. Holmes and Amy Robach are reportedly both out a..
109 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  22
Video inside Jan 27 - Video Released. Police beating of Tyre Nichols
653 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  14
Jan 28 - Americans falling behind on car payments at a record pace