bay area rapper kafani.....slapped with 7 year sentence for identity theft scheme

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '09        #1
588 page views
11 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x91
Props total: 279348 279 K  Slaps total: 29905 29 K
bay area rapper kafani.....slapped with 7 year sentence for identity theft scheme

visit this link https://www.hotnewhiphop. .. ft-scheme-news

Rapper Kafani – born Amir Rashad – has been sentenced to seven years and three months in federal prison, according to court records obtained by Mercury News. The 42-year-old became increasingly popular in the hip-hop community during the Hyphy Movement and recently pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a multimillion-dollar fraud and identity theft ring.

It’s been noted that Rashad (who also goes by Mark Hicks) is the last of six defendants to be sentenced after he faced U.S. District Judge James Donato on Tuesday (September 13). A seventh person was also involved, although they remain unnamed and are a fugitive

Of all the defendants, Kafani is facing the longest sentence. Authorities claim that the recording artist “played a leading role in a scheme to file loan applications in the names of unwilling wealthy people.”

It’s been said that the money was then frequently converted into gold bars and coins which were sold for cash. Rashad’s attorney disagreed with these claims, alleging that another co-defendant was the leader and that it would be “nonsensical” to paint his client as anything more than a regular participant.

"Because Mark Hicks is paralyzed from the chest down and is in a wheelchair, he is homebound and relies on others for everything. While Mark Hicks did use the internet to obtain personal information on individuals, obtain credit reports on those individuals, and call banks and vendors pretending to be some of those individuals, Mark Hicks did not ever leave his bedroom to carry out the actions of the conspiracy,” attorney Edwin Prather wrote

He went on to describe the artist’s “modest lifestyle,” describing him as someone who is not “enjoying the trappings of a lavish or criminal lifestyle.”

Most of the victims targeted in the scheme resided in the Bay Area or throughout California, authorities have confirmed.

Rashad’s brother, Demarcus “Smurf” Hicks was sentenced to four years previously for his involvement, while another co-defendant, 72-year-old Susan Arreola-Martin, received seven years, though some of those came from an incident during her pretrial release when her granddaughter overdosed and died due to fentanyl allegedly given to her by her grandmother.

In his plea agreement, the paralyzed artist admitted that he “directed a team of criminals who stole approximately $2 million from banks and lending institutions

@Beach city @USC @Gen Anti Fruit @smokeytheblunt2
@drose1985
+3   

best
worst
11 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15267 15 K  Slaps total: 1511 1 K
Ain't this the same guy that had an issue with philthy rich and got shot while shooting a video on his stomping grounds that made him paralyzed? Smh
+13   

2 months ago '20        #3
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 14894 14 K  Slaps total: 2132 2 K
Ahhhhh I used yo listen to bro damn
+1   

2 months ago '19        #4
Beach city  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 81222 81 K  Slaps total: 1700 1 K
Damn that crazy... lot of people was doing those money loan scheme!
+3   

2 months ago '09        #5
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x91 OP
Props total: 279348 279 K  Slaps total: 29905 29 K
 Beach city said
Damn that crazy... lot of people was doing those money loan scheme!

he outed an fbi informant

the fraudulent scheme goes back to 2020
+1   

2 months ago '04        #6
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 37901 37 K  Slaps total: 6491 6 K
this why i dont respect rap actors

they dont choose this path because they are musically talented

they do it just cuz they dont wanna work
+1   

2 months ago '15        #7
therealmc 
Props total: 8249 8 K  Slaps total: 1408 1 K
Damn bro
Dude been going through it lately
Didn’t some bi*ch leak his nud*s a while back too?

Life

You just. never. know!

2 months ago '22        #8
Bald GOD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 7291 7 K  Slaps total: 1213 1 K
 jaynat603 said
Ain't this the same guy that had an issue with philthy rich and got shot while shooting a video on his stomping grounds that made him paralyzed? Smh
Correct
+1   

2 months ago '22        #9
Bald GOD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 7291 7 K  Slaps total: 1213 1 K
I mean I'm not surprised ever since he got shot, put in a wheelchair, paralyzed that rap $ slowed up.

Sad.....Philthy Rich taking trips all over the world, still very successful indie. While Kafani ended up damn near a vegetable
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #10
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 66861 66 K  Slaps total: 38701 38 K

2 months ago '19        #11
Beach city  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 81222 81 K  Slaps total: 1700 1 K
 messy marv stan said

he outed an fbi informant

the fraudulent scheme goes back to 2020
Damn his girl wow!
+1   

2 months ago '13        #12
Beatorious 
Props total: 23720 23 K  Slaps total: 1620 1 K
 jaynat603 said
They still going at it.

Philthy told him recently

"He already half dead so i get a discount if i send a hit"

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+102online now  15
[Workout] The difference between a weightlifter and a bodybuilder
99 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+17online now  13
Image(s) inside What Books Are Yall Reading Right Now
79 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+39online now  9
Video inside Ice T EXPOSES JAY Z “99 Problems” if I wanna use your music I’mma let p..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+299online now  3
Article inside Psychologists say only 30-50% of people have an internal monologue
279 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy