Oct 5 - 90% of US adults say mental health is a crisis in the United States, CNN/KFF poll

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
125 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '20        #1
897 page views
19 comments

Contributor13  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 11000 11 K  Slaps total: 1263 1 K
Oct 5 - 90% of US adults say mental health is a crisis in the United States, CNN/KFF poll

An overwhelming majority of people in the United States think the country is experiencing a mental health crisis, according to a new survey from CNN in partnership with the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Nine out of 10 adults said ​they believed that there’s a mental health crisis in the US today. Asked to rate the severity of six specific mental health concerns, Americans put the opioid epidemic near the top, with more than two-thirds of people identifying it as a crisis rather than merely a problem. More than half identified mental health issues among children and teenagers as a crisis, as well as severe mental illness in adults.

The survey captured the perceptions of a nationally representative sample of about 2,000 adults over the summer – 2½ years into the Covid-19 pandemic and amid ongoing public health threats including racism and gun violence.

The broad concern is well-founded, rooted in both personal experience and national trends.

“The Covid-19 pandemic exacerbated numerous social stressors that we know can increase the risk of both substance use and mental illness,” said Dr. Nora Volkow, director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

Data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that drug overdose deaths reached record levels in 2021 and suicide rates were back near a record high after two years of decline. And in 2020, mental health-related visits to emergency rooms jumped 31% among adolescents ages 12 to 17.

According to the CNN and KFF poll, about half of adults say they have had a severe mental health crisis in their family, including in-person treatment for family members who were a threat to themselves or others, or family members who engaged in self-harming behaviors.

More than 1 in 5 adults describe their own mental health as only “fair” or “poor,” including extra-large shares of adults under the age of 30, adults who identify as LGBT and those with an annual income of less than $40,000. A third of all adults said they felt anxious always or often over the course of the past year, including more than half of LGBT adults and those under 30. About 1 in 5 adults said they were often or always depressed or lonely over the past year, too.

Major sources of stress for a third or more of adults include personal finances and current and political events. About 1 in 4 adults also identified personal relationships and work, respectively, as major sources of stress.

According to the new survey, about 1 in 5 adults received mental health services in the past year. Earlier data published by the CDC supports that finding and shows that mental health treatment became more common over the course of the pandemic: Nearly 22% of adults got mental health treatment in 2021, up from about 19% in 2019.

“Perhaps one of the only benefits of the pandemic and the shift that our country has been going through is the increase in our willingness to acknowledge and talk about when we might be struggling or in need of support,” said Sarah Brummett, director of the National Action Alliance for suicide Prevention’s executive committee.

“People are more willing to roll up their sleeves and talk about it and support folks. And I think that’s progress.”

Despite increased willingness and commonly shared stressors among the public, most adults who have only fair or poor mental health said they don’t feel comfortable talking to loved ones about it – some to maintain privacy and some to avoid the shame and stigma attached to mental health issues.

But the vast majority – more than 4 out of 5 – of those surveyed say individuals and families should play a major role in addressing mental health problems in the US, equal to the share who say the same of health care providers.

Experts say there is an opportunity to broaden perceptions about how mental health is part of overall physical health and how to respond to mental health crises.

“Not everyone’s a cardiologist, but a lot of people are trained in CPR,” said Justin Baker, a psychologist and a*sistant professor at the Ohio State University College of Medicine. “If we only rely on the mental health force, we’re going to keep going around in circles and never actually get anywhere. I think we see this as all of our problems.”
visit this link https://www.cnn.com/2022/ .. ess/index.html
+2   

best
worst
19 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 75706 75 K  Slaps total: 13779 13 K
Way to much drugs & alcohol
+2   

2 months ago '07        #3
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28959 28 K  Slaps total: 9085 9 K
 Xiox said
Ita deeper than drugs and alcohol
+17   

2 months ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 248164 248 K  Slaps total: 21190 21 K
One of the best ways to combat it is by paying people living wages. If people could work their 40 and not have to stress after then that would cut down a whole lot
That would give people more time to enjoy themselves and focus on building themselves up. It would also give couples and families more time to grow together and not be at each other's throats when it comes to finances. One of the main causes for divorce in America is because of finances so you k*ll that problem then more families would stay together. Children would be be better educated and be able to have a better and brighter future.
+22   

2 months ago '04        #5
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15507 15 K  Slaps total: 1523 1 K
 240ka said
Ita deeper than drugs and alcohol
This. Too much of everything all at once especially after the pandemic lockdown
+6   

2 months ago '15        #6
AdRock 
Props total: 15912 15 K  Slaps total: 2431 2 K
Been saying this. Watch people driving on the roads & highways. The sh*t they do out there driving, just to get to WalMart, it’s not normal. It’s not sane. Not even remotely close.
+10   

2 months ago '16        #7
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8004 8 K  Slaps total: 414 414
Seems like it’s so much more crazy out here after COVID. Seems like everyone is at that point when that next thing makes them snap… we all gotta be real careful out here, u never know what someone is going through
+6   

2 months ago '04        #8
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 37904 37 K  Slaps total: 6491 6 K
its awesome. the dependency on chemicals that makes it worse is even more awesome. spirituality is almost completely wiped out

as long as you just normal, youre already way ahead of the pack
+3   

2 months ago '18        #9
Dehone 
Props total: 89585 89 K  Slaps total: 4963 4 K
Failing governments and the increasing realization that most of us will be working until the day we die
+4   

2 months ago '04        #10
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 31463 31 K  Slaps total: 3454 3 K
When I travel to Caribbean and see homes with no running water no indoor plumbing people trying feed their kids that's some real stress that I think Americans can't fathom. That should break you mentally but some how people manage. Mental health is real thing and I am not saying it's not but we abuse it in America I think
+4   

2 months ago '04        #11
Prometheus 
Props total: 15369 15 K  Slaps total: 1804 1 K
Because people working to die. The people that run this country don’t give a fu*k about any of us.

Men hate women and women blame men for everything

People are weak minded.

Not to mention the lbgxyz wackos.

Social media is poisoning everyone

Y’all better keep your mental strong regardless of what’s going on.
+5   

2 months ago '17        #12
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 54312 54 K  Slaps total: 16950 16 K
 Xiox said
I wish I was still naive
+1   

2 months ago '21        #13
Still2Highh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 47667 47 K  Slaps total: 6484 6 K
All covid did was bring out what was already there.. it just take more extreme circumstances to bring it out of different ppl..
+3   

2 months ago '16        #14
TrapInBriks11 
Props total: 3650 3 K  Slaps total: 383 383
Mental health treatment should be free and easily accessible.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #15
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 108927 108 K  Slaps total: 42285 42 K
 nwking said
When I travel to Caribbean and see homes with no running water no indoor plumbing people trying feed their kids that's some real stress that I think Americans can't fathom. That should break you mentally but some how people manage. Mental health is real thing and I am not saying it's not but we abuse it in America I think
This. I have no sympathy for a mental health crisis amongst Americans save for a few people. Majority is just crying cause aint no magic pill to immediately make life perfect
+2   

2 months ago '15        #16
Tully Blanchard 
Props total: 167889 167 K  Slaps total: 6066 6 K
 AdRock said
Been saying this. Watch people driving on the roads & highways. The sh*t they do out there driving, just to get to WalMart, it’s not normal. It’s not sane. Not even remotely close.
That’s crazy I was just having this conversation with my OG one day it was so bad with these crazy moves people were pulling on the streets I just said fu*k it errands can wait I’m taking my a*s home

+2   

2 months ago '07        #17
J_Duece 
Props total: 6457 6 K  Slaps total: 482 482
Diet, exercise can help and just being around the right people.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #18
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 76764 76 K  Slaps total: 25345 25 K
 AdRock said
Yep everyday .. the driving I see it. Cutting u off , the entitlement the lack of logic. I said samething.
+2   

2 months ago '08        #19
rfessler1 
Props total: 4766 4 K  Slaps total: 2297 2 K
according to a new survey from CNN
same company that brought you the unbiased facts about zero liability vaccines keepin you safe until you gotta get a new shot a month later forever

(i know they all said that sh*t tho)

but anyways its no surprise people stay sad and pissed off when you poison them, tax them to hell, take their freedoms, shut off their power...sh*t the list really goes on

2 months ago '15        #20
AdRock 
Props total: 15912 15 K  Slaps total: 2431 2 K
 Tully Blanchard said
That’s crazy I was just having this conversation with my OG one day it was so bad with these crazy moves people were pulling on the streets I just said fu*k it errands can wait I’m taking my a*s home

Straight up!! Ppl be doing this crazy sh*t and they don’t even know why!! They just do it to fu*king do it. Driving is an absolute nightmare for sane people
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+77online now  27
Crazy fact about the Dream Team
64 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+22online now  23
Dec 5 - U.S. employees getting lazy, "hustle culture" disappearing
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+66online now  14
Video inside Lizzo gets ethered x100 by BX incel
152 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  11
Image(s) inside Dec 5 - Principal commits suicide at Disneyland following Domestic Dis..
209 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy