PlayStation's Live Service Games Could Launch Day-and-Date on PC

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '17        #1
490 page views
9 comments

Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 247197 247 K  Slaps total: 21054 21 K
PlayStation's Live Service Games Could Launch Day-and-Date on PC

But Others Will Take a Year

A bigger playerbase is important for live service games.

PlayStation’s live service games could be seeing a day and date release on PC along with the usual PlayStation launch, but other kinds of games will take at least a year.

In an interview with YouTuber Julien Chieze, PlayStation CEO Hermen Hulst says, “I think going forward, we’ll see at least a year between our own platform, PlayStation, and on the PC platform…possibly with the exception of live service games.”

He continues, “Live service games are a little bit different in nature because you want to have a really strong community and really strong engagement right away when you go live. We might, in the case of our live service offerings, go day and date with PC and the PlayStation platform.”

PlayStation has continued to push further into the PC market, releasing games onto the platform like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Days Gone, and Marvel’s Spider-Man. Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection and Sackboy: A Big Adventure are making their way onto PC this month too, along with Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and The Last of Us Part I sometime later.

PlayStation is also trying to expand its live service and multiplayer games, as studios such as Haven are working on a live-service title right now and Naughty Dog is developing a multiplayer game set in The Last of Us universe. Sony is also reportedly making a multiplayer game set in the Horizon universe.

While PlayStation is venturing into more live-service games, it also said that gamers won’t have to worry about single-player narrative falling by the wayside.

visit this link https://www.ign.com/artic .. ll-take-a-year
+3   

best
worst
9 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
Nyse03 
Props total: 5047 5 K  Slaps total: 1551 1 K
Another W for the PC dudes.
+2   

2 months ago '10        #3
lltreyll 
Props total: 10834 10 K  Slaps total: 3324 3 K
People wondered why I built a gaming pc instead of getting an x/s or ps5.

People also wondered why I told them the last thing I'd get into were mortgages or real estate when they tried to talk me into it early on in the pandemic.

I also remember people wondering why I up and moved a couple states south earlier this year, and why I went all in on a stock and then sold it early August.

Those same people should check their wallets and options.

No crystal ball is needed, it's just important to think things through and try to be ahead of the curve.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #4
Ejoly 
Props total: 1092 1 K  Slaps total: 904 904
Could?!? Smells like rumor. Another Playstation thread that wasn't needed

2 months ago '12        #5
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 32002 32 K  Slaps total: 2867 2 K
 Ejoly said

PlayStation CEO Hermen Hulst:

I think going forward, we’ll see at least a year between our own platform, PlayStation, and on the PC platform…possibly with the exception of live service games.”

+2   

2 months ago '12        #6
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 49091 49 K  Slaps total: 14875 14 K
This has always been the plan... Why keep live service games exclusive for a year? All the money is on PC... Nerds spent a half billion on Star Citizen... They got money to blow

2 months ago '04        #7
SpyDa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 15757 15 K  Slaps total: 1943 1 K
The day I can play ps5 and xbox games on pc will be the day I buy a titan type card.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #8
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 21039 21 K  Slaps total: 3531 3 K
I knew this was happening. It makes the most sense. Factions 2 will be the first day and date live service. You need the numbers, and it needs to make a splash. That’s probably why it’s been delayed so much, because Sony for the first time needs a massive AAA on more than two platforms at launch. Ps4/Ps5/PC

Just give me the option of turning off cross play and I’m Gucci. Nun against y’all pc heads, but some of y’all some cheatin a*s n*ggas
+2   

2 months ago '05        #9
Krazie 
Props total: 56114 56 K  Slaps total: 9306 9 K
Inching ever closer to all games launching on PC day one
+3   

2 months ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23 OP
Props total: 247197 247 K  Slaps total: 21054 21 K
 Ejoly said
Have you ever heard the term that reading is fundamental? You try that and read the article.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  26
Image(s) inside What Books Are Yall Reading Right Now
75 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+100online now  23
[Workout] The difference between a weightlifter and a bodybuilder
95 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+295online now  22
Article inside Psychologists say only 30-50% of people have an internal monologue
271 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  9
Rick ross signs fat trel to be back on maybach music group label!
26 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy