Oct 4 - U.S. National Debt Tops $31 Trillion for First Time

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
118 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '17        #1
1904 page views
62 comments

Mozzie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 36158 36 K  Slaps total: 3604 3 K
Oct 4 - U.S. National Debt Tops $31 Trillion for First Time

Minneapolis
CNN Business

America’s national debt has climbed north of $31 trillion for the first time, a milestone that comes at a time of historically high inflation, rising interest rates and growing economic uncertainty.

The nation’s total public debt outstanding closed at $31.1 trillion on Monday, according to Treasury Department data published Tuesday.

The US government went on a borrowing spree during the Covid-19 pandemic to help shore up the nation’s economy as the deadly virus upended lives, labor markets and supply chains. Outstanding debt has climbed nearly $8 trillion since the beginning of 2020. And it has jumped by $1 trillion in just eight months.

The borrowing that occurred under the Trump administration and early on in the Biden administration came at a time when interest rates were low. Now, during a period of historically high inflation and a series of steep interest rates hikes by the Federal Reserve in its battle to tame rising prices, borrowing costs are far higher.

The Committee for a Responsible Fiscal Budget last month estimated that President Joe Biden’s policies could add $4.8 trillion to deficits between 2021 and 2031.

“Excessive borrowing will lead to continued inflationary pressures, drive the national debt to a new record as soon as 2030 and triple federal interest payments over the next decade – or even sooner if interest rates go up faster or by more than expected,” the CRFB wrote.

America’s borrowing levels have soared during the past decade. The outstanding public debt was $10.6 trillion when former President Barack Obama took office on January 20, 2009; $19.9 trillion when former President Donald Trump took office on January 20, 2017; and $27.8 trillion when Biden took office on January 20, 2021, Treasury Department data shows.

Surpassing another debt milestone certainly could indicate a “very large problem” in the future; however, in the near-term, high levels of inflation are of the highest concern, said Alex Pelle, US economist for Mizuho Securities.

“Any type of debt issue is really a potential issue – I wouldn’t even say a certain issue – but a potential issue for five to 10 years down the road,” he said. “One of the benefits of being the world’s reserve currency is everyone wants to buy your debt for cheap.”

visit this link https://www.cnn.com/2022/ .. bt-31-trillion
+4   

best
worst
62 comments

2 months ago '13        #2
PaperBoy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 47597 47 K  Slaps total: 8519 8 K

+1   

2 months ago '22        #3
Blackberries 
Props total: 18728 18 K  Slaps total: 2569 2 K

+1   

2 months ago '11        #4
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 197290 197 K  Slaps total: 26757 26 K
And Biden keeps spending money on Ukraine and college loan debt

fu*k that cut he spending
+7   

2 months ago '06        #5
Kundalini  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10574 10 K  Slaps total: 1405 1 K
 Sin said

Keep student loans out of this.
+8   

2 months ago '11        #6
 Kundalini said
Keep student loans out of this.
You can’t ignore $400 billion in unnecessary spending

For perspective The fbi and irs combined budge is 20 billion a year

2 months ago '19        #7
305Trav  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10626 10 K  Slaps total: 3013 3 K
Who cares

At this point the Federal Reserve just printing money that’s never going to be paid back
+12   

2 months ago '17        #8
Mozzie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13 OP
Props total: 36158 36 K  Slaps total: 3604 3 K
 Sin said

They don't see it like that. I noticed the average American has no idea where the money comes from, they just figure we can cancel student loan debt and everything will be ok. If they don't have that burden coming from their pocket directly then the obligation just "disappeared".
+6   

2 months ago '16        #9
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 88433 88 K  Slaps total: 10600 10 K
I'm sorry but that defense budget gotta go
+10   

2 months ago '20        #10
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 75656 75 K  Slaps total: 13775 13 K
It'll go down , we are selling the EU gas & oil now

2 months ago '19        #11
Immersion Vox 
Props total: 11688 11 K  Slaps total: 1306 1 K
 Xiox said
see thats the thing

the debt is in constant flux, at the current rate money is being spent faster than they can pay back
+2   

2 months ago '11        #12
 Mozzie said
They don't see it like that. I noticed the average American has no idea where the money comes from, they just figure we can cancel student loan debt and everything will be ok. If they don't have that burden coming from their pocket directly then the obligation just "disappeared".
I feel like some people grew up with their parents paying for everything so they didn’t really care where how it was paid for
+3   

2 months ago '11        #13
 Xiox said
I don’t think they’re happy buying from us

;t=W7xrCoWzuPriz92mwZZgMw
+5   

2 months ago '11        #14
Trolling 
Props total: 2006 2 K  Slaps total: 533 533
 Sin said

It’s 400 billion over 30 years.

People need to read more than just headlines or 142 characters on Twitter.

If you compare apples to apples that’s 400 billion on student relief and 21 Trillion to Lockehead Martin and other war companies
+12   

2 months ago '20        #15
 Sin said
I don’t think they’re happy buying from us

He should of grew a pair of nuts & not escalated the tensions with Russia which the US started & Germany would of never been in this situation . I doubt Merkel would of been this dumb . She knew you cannot trust Washington . He wanted that freedom gas now pay a manipulated Wall Street price for it . Is he gonna call out the Pentagon for blowing up NS1 & 2 & then kick them out of Germany . Let's wait the wide stream protest that will brew in Germany over the freedom gas prices

Last edited by Xiox; 10-05-2022 at 07:48 AM..

2 months ago '20        #16
 Immersion Vox said
see thats the thing

the debt is in constant flux, at the current rate money is being spent faster than they can pay back
Are you gonna come in here & tell me that Cheetos tariffs on Chinese goods & Sleepy Joe's tariffs on Russia isn't a cause ?

2 months ago '11        #17
 Trolling said
It’s 400 billion over 30 years.

People need to read more than just headlines or 142 characters on Twitter.

If you compare apples to apples that’s 400 billion on student relief and 21 Trillion to Lockehead Martin and other war companies
$21 trillion to Lockheed actually gives us a product in return

What does $400 billion give in return?

2 months ago '06        #18
Kingme 
Props total: 22121 22 K  Slaps total: 3857 3 K
 Sin said

You should've had that energy when Trump ran up the Debt by $8 Trillion giving the majority of the money to the 1%.

Republicans are disingenuous as fu*k. No one is listening to those hypocrites but dumbasses.
+5   

2 months ago '11        #19
 Kingme said
You should've had that energy when Trump ran up the Debt by $8 Trillion giving the majority of the money to the 1%.

Republicans are disingenuous as fu*k. No one is listening to those hypocrites but dumbasses.
I did @ used to criticize me for always posting the national debt tweet in threads

;t=W7xrCoWzuPriz92mwZZgMw
I felt the stimulus was too broad, a lot of people working from home were given checks for nothing

Last edited by Sin; 10-05-2022 at 08:06 AM..

2 months ago '17        #20
yousabitch 
Props total: 28135 28 K  Slaps total: 8572 8 K
 Sin said
I feel like some people grew up with their parents paying for everything so they didn’t really care where how it was paid for
nah...the thing is we as tax payers are receiving way more info on government spending now and people are realizing that capitalism is the ying and the yang....brother the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer... the rich and the poor get all the help...the "middle class" gets fu*ked.....bro the middle class gets nothinggggggg and they are living check to check as well..dont be middle class and have no children because then youre double fu*ked ..Capitalism is failing...i give this country 30 years before there is a coupe in this country if this continues
+2   

2 months ago '12        #21
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 215203 215 K  Slaps total: 12474 12 K
 Sin said

Your batteries shorting out again, these arguments are too easy to sh*t on. Just go have some coffee and a sandwich from Wawa my n*gga it's too early to start your day off with an L
+7   

2 months ago '11        #22
 OldBusiness said
Your batteries shorting out again, these arguments are too easy to sh*t on. Just go have some coffee and a sandwich from Wawa my n*gga it's too early to start your day off with an L
Nah, the street sweepers coming let me go move my car lol

Just in time

Last edited by Sin; 10-05-2022 at 08:16 AM..

2 months ago '06        #23
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44650 44 K  Slaps total: 12129 12 K
modern monetary theory says this is not a big deal

2 months ago '09        #24
K0ntrast 
Props total: 25397 25 K  Slaps total: 2069 2 K
Debt to whom?

2 months ago '15        #25
Jad95 
Props total: 11742 11 K  Slaps total: 1290 1 K
I’m starting to see why Americans fall for the bullsh*t that we do. Everyone so laser focused on one-upping the other side and I’m becoming more and more convinced that the higher-ups of both sides collaborate on a level we just don’t understand. While we sit around bickering about who’s at fault, both sides continue to r*pe the country.

I see what those “crazy” people be saying now:

Left vs the right

Black vs white

Straight vs gay

Women vs men

Everybody is so caught in so many irrelevant battles, that we are all losing the battle that matters. But don’t mind me, I’m just some poster on BX.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+246online now  38
‘Good Morning America’ co-anchors Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes get caught being ..
353 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  30
[Health] Surprise Surprise Liver King is not natty
68 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  29
San Francisco Police Department Activates Skynet, Will Deploy Robots To k*ll C..
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Nov 29 -Balenciaga campaign featured book by artist whose works includ..
92 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy