Jeezy Recalls Being Name-Dropped By Kendrick Lamar On 'Good Kid, M.A.A.D City'

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
115 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '18        #1
1628 page views
35 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x173
Props total: 219816 219 K  Slaps total: 8102 8 K
Jeezy Recalls Being Name-Dropped By Kendrick Lamar On 'Good Kid, M.A.A.D City'

"EXCLUSIVE – Jeezy has reflected on the time Kendrick Lamar name-dropped him on his 2012 album good kid, m.A.A.d city.

On the album’s fourth track, “The Art of Peer Pressure,” Kendrick raps: “If it’s necessary, bumpin’ Jeezy first album, lookin’ distracted/ Speakin’ language only we know, you think it’s an accent.”

In a quick interview with HipHopDX, Jeezy said he remembers where he was when he first heard the track.

“I believe I was on my tour bus and I heard it and I was like, ‘Damn that’s whats up,'” Jeezy recalled. “We love Kendrick, we love what he do, but to think that I had some — I had something to do with it inspiring him is beautiful man.”

Jeezy and K. Dot would link up for the track “Westside, Right On Time,” which ended up being a loose cut from his good kid, m.A.A.d city sessions that dropped on SoundCloud.

As Kendrick’s major label debut creeps in on its 10th anniversary, the Compton-bred MC recently announced that he’ll be dropping a 10th-anniversary vinyl set on October 21, one day before the album’s birthday. Pre-orders are available now on Interscope’s online store, along with CD and cassette versions.

good kid, m.A.A.d city debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 after selling 242,000 copies in its first week. The project would go on to achieve widespread critical acclaim and yield multiple nominations at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, where it was controversially bested by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ The Heist in the Best Rap Album category. The project is now certified triple platinum.

As for Jeezy, he recently got a public apology from his signee turned nemesis Freddie Gibbs, who admitted on his new song “Rabbit Vision” that he behaved immaturely during their feud in 2014.

“Me and Jeezy still ain’t spoke in years, but I got love for him/ Could’ve talked it out, but I spoke out, I let it get to me/ Showed me I could be a fu*kin’ boss, best thing he did for me/ I needed to grow, too immature, it’s sh*t I needed to know,” he raps over the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League beat.

Gibbs – who had signed to Jeezy’s label CTE in 2011 before leaving on bad terms – had reaffirmed this stance in an interview with Vulture last year, where he said he didn’t actually have any real problems with his former label head.

“I don’t have beef with him like other people may,” he said. “I think it was just two guys who didn’t communicate correctly. He had a vision, and I had my vision, and we just couldn’t come to a common agreement.”

He continued: “I don’t hate the man or anything of that nature, not at all. At one point, I looked up to him. And I still respect everything that he did musically. I still listen to his music. So, like I said, man, maybe one day, who knows?”

Still, the Snowman shared his thoughts on Gibbs on his 2020 track “Therapy For My Soul,” and hasn’t made any comment since.

“If 1-5 wasn’t my dawg, I would’ve touched them/ When that sh*t went down with Gibbs, I couldn’t trust him,” Jeezy raps. “Invested my hard earned money, tied up my bread/ But he gon’ try to tell you I’m flawed, that’s in his head/ It’s happening just the way that I said it, good on your own/ And if I’m honest, nothin’ gangsta about you, leave this alone, yeah.”

visit this link https://hiphopdx.com/news .. opdx-exclusive
@Two 40 Shorty @O1as @biscuit @ChampD1012 @NoLedge18720 @Redrum741 @BobbiHeadRagTopTone @Alessandro88 @GrgeClrk @Okka @dacoolestg @ThunnLanguage @Nahmeanuheard @Prodigital SC @BaseWhitaker @DeadleeThreat @Leatherfacefr @servesurite @problym_chyld04 @Badnewz100 @AndyMuller @MiNimE3 @Bklynzfinest @sauvies @NVious @NAKHI ALLAH @GorillaGlue @Real @jet fuel @D-Clutch @2MuchSauce @smokeytheblunt2 @P DRILLA @iamlegend24 @Captain Fresh @4evaabso @Cutty Olds @rello99 @PROV @jigga_benjamin @ol natl 44+ @BathWaterMelody @InfamousJ @Bill Wallace @SPdaGOAT @stealthm91 @consigliereA @Shhon @TrillestTalk404 @BangEm904 @OGpremo @victorious187 @Pretty @youngmic @Knowledgeable @Ron Swanson @Kyu @True School 2 @hardcore bastad @talkofny2k4 @WaveForLife2 @Avon_Barksdale @EastAfrican @MightyHealthy2 @Taree @Naga Sadow @drose1985 @Adwerdz @Dino87 @CRL @akverse47 @VicDutch @TheLuminousOne @Beach city @Pushin P @Jikkles @Gotti Pippen @Skilly713 @whitesand @Tha Boss @lordinfamouz @Almightyvsop @BigBoo44 @KREW @I Am The Truth
+23   

best
worst
35 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Icee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41770 41 K  Slaps total: 2987 2 K
Dope song from Kendrick
+8   

2 months ago '13        #3
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 30845 30 K  Slaps total: 10076 10 K
One of my favorite stories
+5   

2 months ago '15        #4
Swavey  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59902 59 K  Slaps total: 4819 4 K
His best album imo
+11   

2 months ago '19        #5
JC402 
Props total: 4078 4 K  Slaps total: 156 156
Almost 10 fu*king years, WOW. Jeezy saying “ That’s beautiful “ is dope af. Steel was sharpening steel in real time when we all first heard that line. I fu*king love hip hop man.

+12   

2 months ago '20        #6
Blarry David 
Props total: 2152 2 K  Slaps total: 134 134
Snow man bi*ch
+8   

2 months ago '15        #7
Mista7 
Props total: 7292 7 K  Slaps total: 408 408
Last time I checked I was the man on these streets

+16   

2 months ago '18        #8
ANONThuMz 
Props total: 16414 16 K  Slaps total: 1017 1 K
I think tm101 inspired every body born 88 and up… I know me being an early 90s baby in cali we played the flavor off that album… especially that and then what.
+12   

2 months ago '15        #9
40 acres 
Props total: 19595 19 K  Slaps total: 2768 2 K

Underrated track with both of them
+3   

2 months ago '18        #10
HBK Kickstand 
Props total: 9015 9 K  Slaps total: 408 408
Tm101 my personal favorite rap album and the first album I ever bought with my own money ..remember buying it early on Black Friday wit my mom and grandma ..sh*t hold sentimental value to me
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #11
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 72410 72 K  Slaps total: 41847 41 K
Damn.>>>GKMC TPAB MMATBS

2 months ago '16        #12
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44073 44 K  Slaps total: 7926 7 K
 Swavey said
His best album imo
By far honestly

It wasn't overly artistic and vague

Told a cohesive story from start to finish

One of the best albums of all time
+4   

2 months ago '15        #13
Hellmatic 
Props total: 68981 68 K  Slaps total: 6156 6 K
 Icee said
Dope song from Kendrick
Did that sh*t really happen or are these characters and stories all made up?
+1   

2 months ago '04        #14
youngsiz 
Props total: 8299 8 K  Slaps total: 1340 1 K
Would of thought he would of been talking about the skit before money trees too
+2   

2 months ago '06        #15
Icee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41770 41 K  Slaps total: 2987 2 K
 Hellmatic said
I think it’s a non-fictional recap , too many details

2 months ago '05        #16
THEINFAMOUS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33128 33 K  Slaps total: 2131 2 K
Westside Right On Time shoulda been on the album instead of “I’m Real”
+8   

2 months ago '15        #17
g0dfather  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34242 34 K  Slaps total: 8956 8 K
K dot needs to get back to that energy, he is a big man now but sh*t that album had a dope energy

2 months ago '15        #18
Hellmatic 
Props total: 68981 68 K  Slaps total: 6156 6 K
 THEINFAMOUS said
Facts. Even collect calls. The recipe or compton go harder.

I skip real every chance I get
+1   

2 months ago '14        #19
Gordon Gartrell 
Props total: 64392 64 K  Slaps total: 6357 6 K
 THEINFAMOUS said
 Hellmatic said
Facts. Even collect calls. The recipe or compton go harder.

I skip real every chance I get
real is probably my least favorite kendrick song. that sh*t is terrible. sonic adventure a*s beat
+5   

2 months ago '19        #20
Beach city  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 81227 81 K  Slaps total: 1700 1 K

Jeezy heavy influence on lot of rapper's

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '16        #21
BobbiHeadRagTop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 132926 132 K  Slaps total: 5613 5 K
 40 acres said

Underrated track with both of them
Came to post this!!!!
+1   

2 months ago '19        #22
Okka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 26724 26 K  Slaps total: 996 996
My favorite song on "GKMC".

2 months ago '19        #23
HOTTSPITTA 
Props total: 8929 8 K  Slaps total: 1475 1 K
 HBK Kickstand said
Tm101 my personal favorite rap album and the first album I ever bought with my own money ..remember buying it early on Black Friday wit my mom and grandma ..sh*t hold sentimental value to me
Remember being a lil kid in atl when this sh*t dropped. Couldn’t have been any older then 13. It was something special to me. Low key laid the foundation for the last 17 years of my life, sadly. It will forever be a f*ght for #1 album of my life.
+2   

2 months ago '19        #24
HOTTSPITTA 
Props total: 8929 8 K  Slaps total: 1475 1 K
 Hellmatic said
Responded to wrong sh*t

2 months ago '16        #25
Clever Endeavor 
Props total: 7165 7 K  Slaps total: 204 204
My Favorite Kendrick Album, still got that Vinyl unopened 10 years later. I Wanna start collecting hip hop vinyls but some of the out of print sh*ts cost an arm and a leg sheessh

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  15
Dec 5 - U.S. employees getting lazy, "hustle culture" disappearing
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+37online now  15
Video inside Y'all Copping Balenciaga 50% off ?
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+75online now  14
Crazy fact about the Dream Team
64 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+66online now  12
Video inside Lizzo gets ethered x100 by BX incel