Microsoft Is Making A Poor Case For It's Activision Blizzard Acquisition 👀

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+29  91
200 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '12        #1
1445 page views
44 comments

Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 49536 49 K  Slaps total: 15118 15 K
Microsoft Is Making A Poor Case For It's Activision Blizzard Acquisition 👀

Yesterday, Microsoft put online a new website addressing its planned acquisition of Activision Blizzard as a way to try to convince regulators to approve the deal. To quote one of my readers “if you have to make a website to convince people you should be able to buy a company, maybe you shouldn’t be able to buy a company.”
image Like I said yesterday... Propaganda

While it does seem unlikely that anything will ultimately stop the nearly $70 billion acquisition, the longer this goes, the more ridiculous these arguments become. I’ve already addressed PlayStation’s Jim Ryan’s rather hypocritical comments about game exclusivity, but there’s no less nonsense on Microsoft’s side either.

They can’t just say “this is a big company with big games that make a lot of money,” they have to pitch this purchase as some sort of benevolent act of goodwill and player choice. They actually have an entire page of just quotes up that are supposed to help convince regulators that this is a good move and not problematic. They are…frankly absurd. I want to go through all of them here, right now:

Sure, I also remain confident that this acquisition is probably going to close eventually, but what else do they have to say?

“In January, we provided a signed agreement to Sony to guarantee Call of Duty on PlayStation, with feature and content parity, for at least several more years beyond the current Sony contract, an offer that goes well beyond typical gaming industry agreements.” – Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer, Sept. 2, 2022

This is the first of many references that try to pitch Sony as being okay with this, when Sony has made it excruciatingly clear they are very much not okay with this, and Jim Ryan has referenced this deal specifically in his own quotes:

Fauci Stepping Down In December
Dr. Anthony Fauci announced on Monday he plans to step down in December from his role as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as well as his role of chief medical adviser to President Joe Biden.
Pause
Unmute
Current Time
0:14
/
Duration
1:10

Fullscreen
x
Yesterday, Microsoft put online a new website addressing its planned acquisition of Activision Blizzard as a way to try to convince regulators to approve the deal. To quote one of my readers “if you have to make a website to convince people you should be able to buy a company, maybe you shouldn’t be able to buy a company.”

While it does seem unlikely that anything will ultimately stop the nearly $70 billion acquisition, the longer this goes, the more ridiculous these arguments become. I’ve already addressed PlayStation’s Jim Ryan’s rather hypocritical comments about game exclusivity, but there’s no less nonsense on Microsoft’s side either.

Focal Reveals Its First-Ever Hi-Fi Bluetooth ANC Headphones
They can’t just say “this is a big company with big games that make a lot of money,” they have to pitch this purchase as some sort of benevolent act of goodwill and player choice. They actually have an entire page of just quotes up that are supposed to help convince regulators that this is a good move and not problematic. They are…frankly absurd. I want to go through all of them here, right now:

“The European Commission’s review of the deal is progressing in line with the expected regulatory schedule and process, and we remain confident that the acquisition will close in fiscal year 2023.” – Microsoft Spokesperson, Sept. 30, 2022

MORE FOR YOU
Livestream Shopping Stays Hot As Whatnot Valuation More Than Doubles To $3.7 Billion
A Psychologist Offers 4 Tips To Protect Your Relationship From ‘Technoference’
Stock Market Opens Up Big As It Looks To Build On Massive Gains
Sure, I also remain confident that this acquisition is probably going to close eventually, but what else do they have to say?

“In January, we provided a signed agreement to Sony to guarantee Call of Duty on PlayStation, with feature and content parity, for at least several more years beyond the current Sony contract, an offer that goes well beyond typical gaming industry agreements.” – Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer, Sept. 2, 2022

This is the first of many references that try to pitch Sony as being okay with this, when Sony has made it excruciatingly clear they are very much not okay with this, and Jim Ryan has referenced this deal specifically in his own quotes:

“Microsoft has only offered for Call of Duty to remain on PlayStation for three years after the current agreement between Activision and Sony ends. After almost 20 years of Call of Duty on PlayStation, their proposal was inadequate on many levels and failed to take account of the impact on our gamers. We want to guarantee PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience, and Microsoft’s proposal undermines this principle.”

Does that sound like Sony’s on board with this to you?

"We’re ready to work with the CMA on next steps and address any of its concerns. Sony, as the industry leader, says it is worried about Call of Duty, but we’ve said we are committed to making the same game available on the same day on both Xbox and PlayStation. We want people to have more access to games, not less.” – Microsoft Vice Chair and President Brad Smith, Sept. 1, 2022

Fauci Stepping Down In December
Dr. Anthony Fauci announced on Monday he plans to step down in December from his role as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as well as his role of chief medical adviser to President Joe Biden.
Pause
Unmute
Current Time
0:59
/
Duration
1:10

Fullscreen
x

Focal Reveals Its First-Ever Hi-Fi Bluetooth ANC Headphones

“The European Commission’s review of the deal is progressing in line with the expected regulatory schedule and process, and we remain confident that the acquisition will close in fiscal year 2023.” – Microsoft Spokesperson, Sept. 30, 2022

MORE FOR YOU
Livestream Shopping Stays Hot As Whatnot Valuation More Than Doubles To $3.7 Billion
A Psychologist Offers 4 Tips To Protect Your Relationship From ‘Technoference’
Stock Market Opens Up Big As It Looks To Build On Massive Gains

“Microsoft has only offered for Call of Duty to remain on PlayStation for three years after the current agreement between Activision and Sony ends. After almost 20 years of Call of Duty on PlayStation, their proposal was inadequate on many levels and failed to take account of the impact on our gamers. We want to guarantee PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience, and Microsoft’s proposal undermines this principle.”

Does that sound like Sony’s on board with this to you?

vision
Microsoft XBOX
"We’re ready to work with the CMA on next steps and address any of its concerns. Sony, as the industry leader, says it is worried about Call of Duty, but we’ve said we are committed to making the same game available on the same day on both Xbox and PlayStation. We want people to have more access to games, not less.” – Microsoft Vice Chair and President Brad Smith, Sept. 1, 2022

Again, Microsoft has only committed to making Call of Duty available on PlayStation for three years past the current deal, so there’s literally no guarantee that it stays on the platform indefinitely, as it would if it remained a third party publisher. And the “we want people to have more access to games, not less,” quote does not seem to apply to say, Starfield, a huge new IP that is spawning out of Microsoft’s also-massive Bethesda purchase that has no plans to come to PlayStation, even though it clearly would have if Bethesda had remained independent. And that is also likely to be true for many, many other games that have come out of Microsoft’s publisher buying spree.

"As we’ve said before, we are committed to making the same version of Call of Duty available on PlayStation on the same day the game launches elsewhere." – Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer, Sept. 1, 2022

Right, but what Microsoft is not saying here is that owning Activision will allow them to put Call of Duty on Game Pass on day one, offering to its own players for “free” as part of that subscription, while PlayStation players will no doubt be charged the full $70 list price, part of which will be going directly in Microsoft’s pocket as the new publisher. If that’s not a massive competitive advantage, I’m not sure what is.

best
worst
44 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 248395 248 K  Slaps total: 21206 21 K

+12   

2 months ago '12        #3
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16 OP
Props total: 49536 49 K  Slaps total: 15118 15 K
Let us compete

2 months ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 108949 108 K  Slaps total: 42329 42 K
If this deal fall thru, the silver lining will be Bobby Kotick no longer had a golden parachute

2 months ago '16        #5
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 98415 98 K  Slaps total: 10987 10 K

2 months ago '11        #6
Ejoly 
Props total: 1113 1 K  Slaps total: 910 910
OP marking a poor choice posting more Xbox threads
+9   

2 months ago '17        #7
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 248395 248 K  Slaps total: 21206 21 K
 Ejoly said
OP marking a poor choice posting more Xbox threads
He's this forum's biggest Xbot.
+7   

2 months ago '17        #8
 SPdaGOAT said
If this deal fall thru, the silver lining will be Bobby Kotick no longer had a golden parachute

I see y’all @ @ @

2 months ago '20        #9
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33151 33 K  Slaps total: 10408 10 K
like I said yesterday, Sony knows this sh*t is going through, but they're forcing MS to publicly state that games will remain multiplat MS paid 70billion and Sony will still make more off COD than them

2 months ago '05        #10
Krazie 
Props total: 56617 56 K  Slaps total: 9384 9 K
You dudes really love your COD
+5   

2 months ago '05        #11
Double M Set  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18604 18 K  Slaps total: 3197 3 K
It’s Not Happening….

2 months ago '22        #12
God Bless 
Props total: 10109 10 K  Slaps total: 8394 8 K
 Naga Sadow said
He's this forum's biggest Xbot.
I’d say the person with a 3 million gamer score and no kids or wife is the biggest xbot

What you think?

2 months ago '11        #13
Ejoly 
Props total: 1113 1 K  Slaps total: 910 910
 God Bless said
I’d say the person with a 3 million gamer score and no kids or wife is the biggest xbot

What you think?
You should go pray. Maybe God will help keep CoD on sony
+5   

2 months ago '22        #14
God Bless 
Props total: 10109 10 K  Slaps total: 8394 8 K
 Ejoly said
Appreciate the sentiments

God bless

2 months ago '21        #15
Episode 
Props total: 8164 8 K  Slaps total: 1262 1 K
fag**t a*s OP is making a poor case for his claim that he’s not completely and utterly obsessed wit Microsoft’s entire d*ck and balls.
+8   

2 months ago '17        #16
 Ejoly said
You’re hoping Bobby Kotick gets 400 Ms big fella lol

2 months ago '05        #17
landlord151515 
Props total: 9080 9 K  Slaps total: 687 687
These dudes on here rather see Activision go bankrupt than see Microsoft acquire it.. What a woeful existence..

+4   

2 months ago '14        #18
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 22477 22 K  Slaps total: 13440 13 K
 landlord151515 said
These dudes on here rather see Activision go bankrupt than see Microsoft acquire it.. What a woeful existence..

Huh??? Activsion isnt going to go bankrupt and all MS has done is hurt studios theres not one studio that has gotten better under microsoft.

2 months ago '18        #19
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 51309 51 K  Slaps total: 7662 7 K
Stopped reading at

While it does seem unlikely that anything will ultimately stop the nearly $70 billion acquisition, the longer this goes, the more ridiculous these arguments become.
Nice title tho
+7   

2 months ago '05        #20
Krazie 
 Ejoly said

2 months ago '16        #21
mobchip 
Props total: 12507 12 K  Slaps total: 1556 1 K
 Swade009 said
Huh??? Activsion isnt going to go bankrupt and all MS has done is hurt studios theres not one studio that has gotten better under microsoft.
Nintendo still does a better job with promoting Rare and they haven't owned the company in year's.

2 months ago '05        #22
Krazie 
 mobchip said
Nintendo still does a better job with promoting Rare and they haven't owned the company in year's.
Rare released their biggest game ever under Microsoft's watch.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #23
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12181 12 K  Slaps total: 4860 4 K
 D1dnt read said
like I said yesterday, Sony knows this sh*t is going through, but they're forcing MS to publicly state that games will remain multiplat MS paid 70billion and Sony will still make more off COD than them
70/30 =ms/ps how sway?

+2   

2 months ago '22        #24
Mystic97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6508 6 K  Slaps total: 2442 2 K
 SPdaGOAT said

I see y’all @ @ @

+6   

2 months ago '17        #25
 Mystic97 said

I been said fu*k this dude. Why are you bringing him up?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  42
Dec 7 - alex jones.....declares war on nick fuentes and kanye over their hitle..
51 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+33online now  34
Chicago Beef Sandwiches
112 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  25
Dec 7 - barstool sports star.....ethers fox news its viewers and tucker carlson
17 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+65online now  24
k*lla Cam reporting live on Ben Gordon stabbing people with sewing needles..
108 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy