Oct 2 - Migrants Bussed to NYC Heading Back to Florida - to help clean up the hurricane

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '06        #1
2774 page views
58 comments

illathruz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15080 15 K  Slaps total: 3203 3 K
Oct 2 - Migrants Bussed to NYC Heading Back to Florida - to help clean up the hurricane

Scores of Venezuelan migrants in New York City are hopping on vans to head down to Florida for Hurricane Ian clean-up, they told The Post.

The migrants had scant information about who they would be working for, but they still piled into vans in Queens that they said were headed to the Sunshine State over the weekend.

“They want us for hurricane cleanup, we’d get paid $15 an hour, overtime and $15 for food daily, I think,” said Javier Moreno, 37, noting that a woman named Camila “from an organization” approached him with a flier.

“I’m going for the work. It’s been hard for us migrants to find work here in New York, that’s why a lot of us are going. How’s the work in Florida?”

A driver of one of the vans at the designated pick-up site, a corner in Corona, told The Post on Saturday that he was headed to Florida.

He said he was under contract with a water and debris company. The firm did not answer its phone despite repeated attempts to call by The Post.

“I’m taking these people in the van straight to Florida tonight,” the van driver said. “I don’t know how many people have left or how many more vans are coming.”

The migrants were leaving city shelters in droves to try to catch a ride — and garner work — down south.

One migrant woman said she learned of the vans and the potential work from group chats that the migrants are in.

“We all decided we would go,” she said.

Asked who was offering the work, she said, “I don’t know anything, sweetheart.

visit this link https://nypost.com/2022/1 .. e-ian-cleanup/

They tried so hard to score political points by bussing migrants and now this epic fail

Let me get this straight, they spent millions on bussing these folks up here, we rejuvenated them and made them feel at home, tragedy hits Florida and they can't help themselves, these folks out the kindness of their hearts go back south and help out, but come back up north to their families to spend their money to keep that New York economy booming (while Florida down bad again paying them even more money)

+42   

best
worst
58 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47711 47 K  Slaps total: 6679 6 K

+23   

2 months ago '22        #3
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 18184 18 K  Slaps total: 11779 11 K
Florida sent one plane to Martha’s Vineyard that was Texas who sent the busses.

2 months ago '06        #4
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47726 47 K  Slaps total: 6138 6 K
I agree that it's ironic the migrants are going to Florida to help but let's not act like they're doing it out of their utter kindness and not going to be paid

Either way I'm down for this. Might sound fu*ked up but hey if you wanna be a citizen here then work for it. Send them around the country doing clean ups like this and sh*t. Honestly I think it's the best middle ground for both sides.
+14   

2 months ago '20        #5
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 75511 75 K  Slaps total: 13773 13 K
Good looks on that
+1   

2 months ago '05        #6
pippen33 
Props total: 50322 50 K  Slaps total: 4224 4 K
 bigkilla said
I agree that it's ironic the migrants are going to Florida to help but let's not act like they're doing it out of their utter kindness and not going to be paid

Either way I'm down for this. Might sound fu*ked up but hey if you wanna be a citizen here then work for it. Send them around the country doing clean ups like this and sh*t. Honestly I think it's the best middle ground for both sides.
Who the fu*k said their doing it out of the kindness of their heart? Do you work for free? Obviously they are going to be paid and they want to work. You just rambling on about sh*t that no one is thinking about.
+19   

2 months ago '06        #7
 pippen33 said
Who the fu*k said their doing it out of the kindness of their heart? Do you work for free? Obviously they are going to be paid and they want to work. You just rambling on about sh*t that no one is thinking about.
In the OP

these folks out the kindness of their hearts go back south and help out
Maybe I misunderstood his post.
+9   

2 months ago '06        #8
illathruz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 15080 15 K  Slaps total: 3203 3 K
 bigkilla said
In the OP

I was exaggerating though...

Anyways props all around

2 months ago '18        #9
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 50978 50 K  Slaps total: 7633 7 K
 pippen33 said
 bigkilla said
In the OP

+5   

2 months ago '18        #10
0msoc 
Props total: 1515 1 K  Slaps total: 445 445
It's sad this is being politicized, but texas is forced to deal with an issue that is created by federal inaction and the president (and his party) is successfully convincing his supporters that abbott/desantis are the bad guys.

2 months ago '12        #11
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 215190 215 K  Slaps total: 12474 12 K
 OldBusiness said
He should send those immigrants back to Desantis so they can help with the rebuild

I called it a few days ago
+12   

2 months ago '04        #12
mt fuji 
Props total: 7252 7 K  Slaps total: 755 755
 0msoc said
It's sad this is being politicized, but texas is forced to deal with an issue that is created by federal inaction and the president (and his party) is successfully convincing his supporters that abbott/desantis are the bad guys.

DeSantis should have minded his business.
Not to mention the real issues we have here in the state.
+6   

2 months ago '09        #13
wettems35 
Props total: 3836 3 K  Slaps total: 233 233
 pippen33 said
Meant to prop you and slap the person you quoted. My bad

2 months ago '09        #14
wettems35 
Props total: 3836 3 K  Slaps total: 233 233
 bigkilla said

fu*k outta here.
So you only want them when it's convenient?
They're obviously hard workers and want to work.
+7   

2 months ago '17        #15
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 115257 115 K  Slaps total: 40087 40 K
 bigkilla said

Most immigrants who come to this country work way harder than the lazy average American. And they pay more taxes too.
+6   

2 months ago '14        #16
southside playa 
Props total: 2125 2 K  Slaps total: 346 346
Flyers being passed around with nobody knows who the employer is huh? Group chat about work in another state but not the state there in huh? Mystery vans just appearing out of nowhere huh?

Well played NY, well played

Won't be no vans coming back.

Last edited by southside playa; 10-03-2022 at 12:07 AM..
+6   

2 months ago '06        #17
 wettems35 said
fu*k outta here.
So you only want them when it's convenient?
They're obviously hard workers and want to work.
So you think illegal immigrants should just be granted citizenship with no job vs the ability to be given a job, get paid immediately, while being granted citizenship?

What kind of logic you working with there? Seems like you just got random pent up rage to just argue instead of coming up with a strategy where we can get more help with things like disaster relief while getting illegals citizenship quicker while they work here and get paid. But let me let you go off how this is only convenient for me.

Ymmot said
Most immigrants who come to this country work way harder than the lazy average American. And they pay more taxes too.
I never once said they’re not hard workers. Where was your point going with that?

Are you talking illegal immigrants? Legal? Like what are we talking about here? I said I believe it’s a good middle ground for both sides if illegals worked for their citizenships. Let them work, get paid, as well as help with things like disaster relief.

Where did “lazy average Americans” come in here?
+2   

2 months ago '06        #18
Cezaroh 
Props total: 3417 3 K  Slaps total: 702 702
wish they would send the bums in L.A. instead but no one works like the migrants.Yet they cry about taking your jobs while you too stung out or lazy to work

2 months ago '18        #19
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 83735 83 K  Slaps total: 5229 5 K
Saw a family sleeping on the train that were likely part of this bullsh*t. It's good they got the chance to go to a city that would be more welcome and accommodating to them and it's a good opportunity for them to make some money down in Florida bc that sh*t is a mess and will be like that for a min. This is a good strategy to get those ppl to find places to live, in Florida, bc they will have the money to spend and would definitely like the weather and living down there better than this winter we are about to have. The folks on the train had fall jackets. I'm sure they ain't ready for a winter up here and don't have the bread to get ready. The sh*t they get from social services in ny ain't gonna be enough. All of this devil sh*t these folks are pulling on both sides will be a blessing to some of them ppl.
+3   

2 months ago '15        #20
Sleezymcman 
Props total: 10174 10 K  Slaps total: 2089 2 K
I should make fliers where I’m at and tell them they getting paid to work in la. Send all the bums out there and drive tf off. sh*t getting crazy wit all the fu*kin tents and sh*t in my city.

2 months ago '04        #21
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15266 15 K  Slaps total: 1511 1 K
Human trafficking at it's finest smdh. These saltines really trying to experience how much money it takes to break laws and get away with it
+2   

2 months ago '15        #22
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 28235 28 K  Slaps total: 3424 3 K
What’s going on out there? I am hearing every week some migrants are getting bussed or flown somewhere. They moving more than the d league. Migrant league.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #23
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 72078 72 K  Slaps total: 10257 10 K
What’s a water and debris company?

Sounds hella fishy… I guess we will see what happens.. NY just got rid of em for awhile I guess.. wonder how long the job lasts and what happens after it .. look at y’all though.. the left tryin to get some kind of W and score some political points from them constantly because they took care of them for what’s gonna be couple weeks to couple months, and the right hoping they fail miserably at them helping humans who have nowhere to go.

Y’all don’t see it though.

Last edited by DamianDragunov; 10-03-2022 at 02:23 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '05        #24
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 65701 65 K  Slaps total: 22205 22 K
 jaynat603 said
Human trafficking at it's finest smdh. These saltines really trying to experience how much money it takes to break laws and get away with it
The entire situation is nuts. America letting in undocumented immigrants and letting them openly have work used to be something that would be kept under wraps. Now America is basically saying they need undocumented/illegals for their cheap labor. The entire system is flawed.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #25
killahkazi 
Props total: 11182 11 K  Slaps total: 869 869
You mean migrants are taking jobs nobody else wants to do? Who woulda thought it?
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+299online now  16
Article inside Psychologists say only 30-50% of people have an internal monologue
275 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+102online now  14
[Workout] The difference between a weightlifter and a bodybuilder
98 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside What Books Are Yall Reading Right Now
76 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  4
Rick ross signs fat trel to be back on maybach music group label!
27 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy