Oct 1 - Man dies in car, left for hours while waiting in elementary school drop off line!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '22        #1
4117 page views
48 comments

Uncle Joey  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 22961 22 K  Slaps total: 4922 4 K
Oct 1 - Man dies in car, left for hours while waiting in elementary school drop off line!

Author: Amy Steigerwald
Published: 5:47 AM EDT September 30, 2022
Updated: 5:47 AM EDT September 30, 2022

TOLEDO, Ohio — School security is top of mind for many parents this school year but a local family is questioning the security at a TPS elementary school.
Last Monday, Dale Garrett dropped off his girlfriend's grandson at Longfellow Elementary School, something he regularly does. But by the end of the school day, EMS were in the parking lot trying to save his life.

The school had him on camera at 8:30 walking him into the school,” said Garrett’s daughter, Anmarie Aldape.
Aldape said her father never made it out of the parking lot. Garrett was found later that afternoon sitting in his truck, parked in the turnaround at Longfellow.
“It wasn't until about 3 p.m. that a friend had seen him in the line waiting to pick up the kids and went over to the vehicle to talk like they usually do. And when he opened the door, my father was passed away,” said Aldape.
School officials immediately called EMS but first responders were unable to save Dale.
While no students or staff were hurt because of this incident, Anmarie's concern comes from the fact that her father sat dead in his truck, on school grounds, for hours.
“Things that happen in schools now are crazy and scary! And for the same vehicle to be parked there for 7 hours and no one notice it, no one check on it, no one even be concerned, who knows what could have gone on back there!” said Aldape.
A representative with Toledo Public School said Garrett’s vehicle was parked in a spot that it was not caught on security cameras. Longfellow Elementary does not have a school resource officer or a regular security guard but takes the safety of their staff and students very seriously.
TPS provided this statement about the incident:

“The unfortunate situation that occurred at Longfellow Elementary two weeks ago involving a family member of a student was handled properly and appropriately by the school’s staff. When the victim was found unresponsive in his vehicle, which was located in the turnaround behind the school, EMS was called; unfortunately, their life-saving efforts could not revive the victim.
Counselors were at the school the next day to help any student or staff member who might have been having difficulty processing the situation.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with the family during this time of loss.”
Aldape added she does not blame any staff for the death of her father and said it's almost better it happened while his car was parked and not while he was driving. She is more so concerned about no one noticing the car there all day.

visit this link https://www.wtol.com/amp/ .. 5-27b8ef7efc3f
+12   

best
worst
48 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 75518 75 K  Slaps total: 13773 13 K
May he rip
+23   

2 months ago '11        #3
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 94364 94 K  Slaps total: 15886 15 K
i say this everyday they should have cops rotate through school zones and parking lots every hour until school is out
+42   

2 months ago '15        #4
Hitek 
Props total: 2584 2 K  Slaps total: 353 353
Longfellow Elementary does not have a school resource officer or a regular security guard but takes the safety of their staff and students very seriously.
How do you not have at least a security guard at your school in 2022?
+24   

2 months ago '06        #5
Ave 
Props total: 37453 37 K  Slaps total: 3325 3 K
Thats wild, security usually would walk through the parking lot and around the school to make sure cats not skipping, throughout the day. these cats dont even have 1 security guard tho, thats weird
+22   

2 months ago '20        #6
gangasanta 
Props total: 10838 10 K  Slaps total: 1231 1 K
politicians take all the money out of schools and into their pockets, they dare not touch these insurance companies though. sad stuff
+25   

2 months ago '12        #7
Mavs In 4 
Props total: 10827 10 K  Slaps total: 2184 2 K
 Ave said
Thats wild, security usually would walk through the parking lot and around the school to make sure cats not skipping, throughout the day. these cats dont even have 1 security guard tho, thats weird
That’s how it goes at rich predominantly white schools.
+5   

2 months ago '15        #8
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 93073 93 K  Slaps total: 5186 5 K
What the fu*k do these school security guards be doing?? Don’t cops be at schools too? No one walks by vehicles sitting for longer than a half? Was he even parked??
+7   

2 months ago '19        #9
yobiggz 
Props total: 4656 4 K  Slaps total: 730 730
not for nothing its most likely a high class public school they dont give a fu*k about security. its the schools in the ghetto that have the xray machines metal detectors cameras everywhere real police with guns all the doors locked. sh*t fu*ked up outchea
+15   

2 months ago '21        #10
The jinx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 16584 16 K  Slaps total: 7892 7 K
He had a heart attack
+9   

2 months ago '21        #11
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 36331 36 K  Slaps total: 5104 5 K
 yobiggz said
not for nothing its most likely a high class public school they dont give a fu*k about security. its the schools in the ghetto that have the xray machines metal detectors cameras everywhere real police with guns all the doors locked. sh*t fu*ked up outchea
this
+5   

2 months ago '05        #12
lilwheezy 
Props total: 3502 3 K  Slaps total: 367 367
 Tobinmont said
What the fu*k do these school security guards be doing?? Don’t cops be at schools too? No one walks by vehicles sitting for longer than a half? Was he even parked??
All your questions are answered in the original post. I'd recommend reading it.
+4   

2 months ago '12        #13
daman729 
Props total: 118540 118 K  Slaps total: 4718 4 K
RIP man smh
+1   

2 months ago '22        #14
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 11040 11 K  Slaps total: 2847 2 K
I blame the school with then long as lines

2 months ago '13        #15
pierredaire 
Props total: 4659 4 K  Slaps total: 386 386
 Hitek said
I work for a school and they simply don't

2 months ago '21        #16
maybehood 
Props total: 2393 2 K  Slaps total: 501 501
 GrindPOWER$ said
i say this everyday they should have cops rotate through school zones and parking lots every hour until school is out
They do do that depending on where you live.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #17
altaluv 
Props total: 4191 4 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
#vaccinedeaths #vaccinesideeffects
+3   

2 months ago '05        #18
Tha TC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37780 37 K  Slaps total: 1854 1 K
 Hitek said
They may have gave out too much information alone with this one quote alone.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #19
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 27998 27 K  Slaps total: 9162 9 K
Oh well
+1   

2 months ago '20        #20
Detr0it 
Props total: 7932 7 K  Slaps total: 289 289
I don't think the elementary schools out here are on that security tip like that. My daughter's highschool keeps a cop there I think, but at my boys' elementary school, the teachers are all outside at the end of the day making sure things are cool. Other than that, it's kind of a free for all.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #21
projectd06 
Props total: 42783 42 K  Slaps total: 9561 9 K
Rip

What are the blaming the school for here? Elementary schools don't have security, at least neither of the ones I went to as far as I remember.
+3   

2 months ago '09        #22
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 47877 47 K  Slaps total: 8744 8 K
 GrindPOWER$ said
sh*t that’s what I thought was already in place…wtf is the isd then?
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '04        #23
ddash 
Props total: 95021 95 K  Slaps total: 6926 6 K
 GrindPOWER$ said
Man at my moms old school yo a*s bet not sit still for more than 30 secs or you getting a ticket or arrested by the cops who are at the school every morning.

After school its not much security but its so many parents and a rush that aint no way you could sit still or wait in the line.Some one wouldve honked or got out to check or say something

Crazy and messed up tho
+1   

2 months ago '22        #24
Blackberries 
Props total: 18636 18 K  Slaps total: 2566 2 K
 altaluv said
#vaccinedeaths #vaccinesideeffects

2 months ago '15        #25
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 93073 93 K  Slaps total: 5186 5 K
 lilwheezy said
All your questions are answered in the original post. I'd recommend reading it.
Da fu*k up. Always a wise guy. I read the sh*t playa.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+116online now  35
Video inside Nov 27 - Cops Raid The WRONG House And Regret It Immediately
73 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+43online now  21
salehe bembury 990v2
27 comments
22 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+125online now  18
Mexican Actor in the movie black panther calls out Mexico media for being racist
139 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+39online now  17
Quinten Miller says he’s written for Nas, Big Sean, Jeezy and others
357 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy