The Jazzman's blues is an instant classic(?) by Tyler Perry(no Madea/shuckin and jiving)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '22        #1
2085 page views
60 comments

Mystic97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6508 6 K  Slaps total: 2442 2 K
The Jazzman's blues is an instant classic(?) by Tyler Perry(no Madea/shuckin and jiving)

I was shocked to see the trailer then to find out TYLER PERRY wrote it. The same man who dresses up as loud(at times) black woman wrote this image

GIVE TYLER PERRY HIS FLOWERS!!!!
+9   

best
worst
60 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
JayStillPaid 
Props total: 5814 5 K  Slaps total: 502 502
First 2/3 of the movie is great

The last 1/3 is a dumpster fire
+8   

2 months ago '14        #3
Doc Mobster  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x75
Props total: 221183 221 K  Slaps total: 52806 52 K
If you never heard of Shonda Rhimes. Then yes. That's what we call being a hack.

That's what Tyler is, that's why the sh*t he does is dusty cause unless he in a dress. He's just doing something others have seen and others have done better already.

At some point, WE GOTTA have a standard on this sh*t. You basically prasing the dude behind alot of sh*tty shows on CBS, Chuck Loore but Tyler is the black culture equivalent. I question anyone mentally who praises Tyler Perry as skilled behind a camera, I seek reason and cause not to insult that person.
Money is money, and instead of hyping up his business acumen (sooooome n*ggas) keeeeeeeeeeep trying to give this n*gga praise for his movies.

People think it's about all the money he got, it's the fact that he didn't aim HIGH. He was tenacious and aimed not even for the middle with his quality. It's below that.

Now he posed to be the sh*t off influence despite doing NOTHING worthy of praise. LEGIT and OBJECTIVE PRAISE then he makes money BECAUSE of it, and then n*ggas think oh because it made money, and he make money that means it's good.

Tyler Perry makes me indulge my racial frustration, cause it's like bro. WE GET TYLER PERRY.

The white folk get Ozark and sh*t, they got ALL the cartoons too. Spanish folk got Money heist and La Reina del Sur like then DUMB n*ggas wanna talk to me about flowers WITH TYLER fu*kING PERRY. Fuuuuuuck you.
+6   

2 months ago '07        #4
kuntree_swagger  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3651 3 K  Slaps total: 297 297
 Doc Mobster said
If you never heard of Shonda Rhimes. Then yes. That's what we call being a hack.

That's what Tyler is, that's why the sh*t he does is dusty cause unless he in a dress. He's just doing something others have seen and others have done better already.

At some point, WE GOTTA have a standard on this sh*t. You basically prasing the dude behind alot of sh*tty shows on CBS, Chuck Loore but Tyler is the black culture equivalent. I question anyone mentally who praises Tyler Perry as skilled behind a camera, I seek reason and cause not to insult that person.
Money is money, and instead of hyping up his business acumen (sooooome n*ggas) keeeeeeeeeeep trying to give this n*gga praise for his movies.

People think it's about all the money he got, it's the fact that he didn't aim HIGH. He was tenacious and aimed not even for the middle with his quality. It's below that.

Now he posed to be the sh*t off influence despite doing NOTHING worthy of praise. LEGIT and OBJECTIVE PRAISE then he makes money BECAUSE of it, and then n*ggas think oh because it made money, and he make money that means it's good.

Tyler Perry makes me indulge my racial frustration, cause it's like bro. WE GET TYLER PERRY.

The white folk get Ozark and sh*t, they got ALL the cartoons too. Spanish folk got Money heist and La Reina del Sur like then DUMB n*ggas wanna talk to me about flowers WITH TYLER fu*kING PERRY. Fuuuuuuck you.
All of this…. And I’m starting to put peele in this same book too… it’s like these guys know they can successful cause we ain’t gone check them for being mediocre
+1   

2 months ago '22        #5
Mystic97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
 JayStillPaid said

The brother(don't ask me how(?)) who got
[spoiler - click to view]

+2   

2 months ago '14        #6
 kuntree_swagger said
All of this…. And I’m starting to put peele in this same book too… it’s like these guys know they can successful cause we ain’t gone check them for being mediocre
See, you know what's fu*ked up. We NEED n*ggas like Jordan Peele and then at the same time. We don't.

Like Jordan Peele is a good director, great eye for setting up scenes, building tension. Work with people who have great eyes for cinematography. Can write. He can direct his actors unbelievably.

But it's like......Outside of Coogler, the next guy we got up is Jordan Peele ? That's mad pressure on peele, that's not fair. Cause he should be able to make the movies, the good movies HE wanna make that may be outside the norm. That's cool.

Especially, in terms of skill, and potential to really do something and say something with a flick. These guys is up there.

But then we got Tyler Perry as an option ?
+5   

2 months ago '17        #7
JayStillPaid 
 Mystic97 said
The brother(don't ask me how(?)) who got
[spoiler - click to view]

not only that...it happens and there's no story afterwards. its dude gets (redacted) and the next scene is old wrinkly bi*ch crying when she sees the envelopes. If there is a 2nd movie then ok but if this is a standalone piece...the ending is just hot garbage
+5   

2 months ago '22        #8
 JayStillPaid said
not only that...it happens and there's no story afterwards. its dude gets (redacted) and the next scene is old wrinkly bi*ch crying when she sees the envelopes. If there is a 2nd movie then ok but if this is a standalone piece...the ending is just hot garbage
Yeah the ending could have def been better. I was really shocked it was Tyler Perry I see the trailer come on after the last movie I was watching ended and I was like this is cool then I seen it was Tyler Perry and I was like
+2   

2 months ago '19        #9
Owlsdoom 
Props total: 2923 2 K  Slaps total: 391 391
Idk the girl I was working with was telling me about it.

I asked if the female got hers in the end, she said no what you talking about?

So dude raised a whole kid that wasn’t his, girl cheated on dude and had no repercussions? And the side dude got murdered instead of that cheating a*s ho?

I mean I get it’s some race movie but certain fundamental things I can’t fu*k with.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #10
goldenchild7317 
Props total: 2966 2 K  Slaps total: 385 385

She fine as hell
+13   

2 months ago '16        #11
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 136961 136 K  Slaps total: 4789 4 K
i heard it's so good that you can't tell its a Tyler Perry movie
+1   

2 months ago '04        #12
jholla31 
Props total: 5116 5 K  Slaps total: 706 706
 Doc Mobster said

Crazy we only got 3 black directors who are considered house hold names in (all) houses, yet alone black homes....

We are the ones who determine when someone or something is "cool" yet we play a serious shuck and jive when it comes to film....

There are a few reasons for that, but it's mostly because film is a controlled empire that comes off like anyone with a camera can do it....

Jordan and Tyler make mediocre movies because studios won't ever give them a chance to make an independence day or pearl harbor... They forced to make these movies that really add nothing noteworthy of cinema... And it's sad... Cause we been waiting all this time to get these opportunities, and the people we have in front aren't interested in making movies like Nolan, or ridley Scott, or etc.

Tyler Perry has a whole ranch, he could make his own star wars if he wanted to, be he not that creative, more so just a figure head.

I hate to say, but the real black creatives in film will never get a opportunity to shine if things stay the same as they have for the last 60 years
+2   

2 months ago '13        #13
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 85440 85 K  Slaps total: 12105 12 K
 jholla31 said
Crazy we only got 3 black directors who are considered house hold names in (all) houses, yet alone black homes....

We are the ones who determine when someone or something is "cool" yet we play a serious shuck and jive when it comes to film....

There are a few reasons for that, but it's mostly because film is a controlled empire that comes off like anyone with a camera can do it....

Jordan and Tyler make mediocre movies because studios won't ever give them a chance to make an independence day or pearl harbor... They forced to make these movies that really add nothing noteworthy of cinema... And it's sad... Cause we been waiting all this time to get these opportunities, and the people we have in front aren't interested in making movies like Nolan, or ridley Scott, or etc.

Tyler Perry has a whole ranch, he could make his own star wars if he wanted to, be he not that creative, more so just a figure head.

I hate to say, but the real black creatives in film will never get a opportunity to shine if things stay the same as they have for the last 60 years
To call Peele mediocre is wild to me. I get if you dont like his movies but the man clearly thinks outside the box and is adding something creative to cinema, let alone black cinema. He and Tyler are no where near the same
+9   

2 months ago '09        #14
thegoldenhero 
Props total: 48020 48 K  Slaps total: 3833 3 K
 JayStillPaid said

What made the ending so trash?

2 months ago '18        #15
Sick Flair 
Props total: 31888 31 K  Slaps total: 2407 2 K
 Doc Mobster said

This thread and all others about Tyler Perry/

My man just shut it down. We lack standards and knowledge when it comes to art. Everything is an “instant classic” but there no such thing. Folks have no clue about what they are watching they just make baseless claims looking for what, validation? We’ve devalued ourselves when it comes to film and television because we take anything and rave about it. sh*ts terrible.
+3   

2 months ago '14        #16
 jholla31 said

When we talk about top ten black directors.

It's a very how many of them names would be like up and coming ? Not a lot...
Spike
Ok.
Coogler.
Ok.
Peele, he's good.
OK.

Now we got a problem. Because the next few names is on other sh*t, back in the day. Good movie was gooooood muhfu*king movie. No bullsh*t, or odd agendas and sh*t and just doing the most to say nothing.

So for example. Steve Mcqueen. Great director, the issue. Not that he's gay. He don't make sh*t for mainstream black appeal.

Ava DuVernay, mid. Let's be real and dont make straight heat like the top 3.

F. Gary Gray, Antoine Fuqua, Tim Story, Malcolm D. Lee these are names that have been around since I was a kid. (which is kind of the point, kind of the problem) All GOOD directors. ALL OLD tho.

F. Gary Gray should be an oscar nominated director for Straight Outta Compton too. That sh*t is bogus, then you got sh*t like that to consider.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #17
rizzo1914 
Props total: 3903 3 K  Slaps total: 321 321
We went from Robert Townsend, the Hughes Brothers, John singleton, the Wayans bros, Rick Famuyiwa, Spike Lee....to Tyler Perry...smfh we truly have fallen off as a race and culture of people.....I remember when we took pride in how we dressed and how well we treated and looked out for one another...

Hardest thing to do is be black in amerikkka, if the Racist white folk and trying to fu*k you off, the n*ggas damn sure are....
+4   

2 months ago '17        #18
JayStillPaid 
 thegoldenhero said
What made the ending so trash?
If it leads to another movie then I see where he can flesh it out some more...

If this was it then it literally what happens when you spend the 1st 2/3rd of the movie telling this complex and fascinating story but time is running down so you cobble an 'ending' together and hope no one notices.

Instead of being a 2hr movie....this should have been an 8 episode series.

2 months ago '14        #19
 Sick Flair said

My man just shut it down. We lack standards and knowledge when it comes to art. Everything is an “instant classic” but there no such thing. Folks have no clue about what they are watching they just make baseless claims looking for what, validation? We’ve devalued ourselves when it comes to film and television because we take anything and rave about it. sh*ts terrible.
Bro. I think we peaked in the 90s to mid 00s.

New Jack City is like The Dark Knight to me now, in regards to black cinema.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #20
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 43229 43 K  Slaps total: 4432 4 K
is it me or she got fatter in the movie as it went a long?

2 months ago '04        #21
jholla31 
Props total: 5116 5 K  Slaps total: 706 706
 EZ Green said
To call Peele mediocre is wild to me. I get if you dont like his movies but the man clearly thinks outside the box and is adding something creative to cinema, let alone black cinema. He and Tyler are no where near the same
REspectfully gotta disagree with you on peel. He's not trash, but I feel he gets more praise than he should because the level is so low.

Peel's movies are essentaily conspiracy therories that have been around for years that he just added some lines and expostion to.... (get out/Us)

Nope was the most like a feature film of his , and it didn't have the pay off that most would like when they are looking to see a movie that wows and pushes the genre in new ways.

He really just using ideas that have been out there for a while and black people just not used to "black" Sci-fi

Sick Flair said

Doc Mobster said
When we talk about top ten black directors.

It's a very how many of them names would be like up and coming ? Not a lot...
Spike
Ok.
Coogler.
Ok.
Peele, he's good.
OK.

Now we got a problem. Because the next few names is on other sh*t, back in the day. Good movie was gooooood muhfu*king movie. No bullsh*t, or odd agendas and sh*t and just doing the most to say nothing.

So for example. Steve Mcqueen. Great director, the issue. Not that he's gay. He don't make sh*t for mainstream black appeal.

Ava DuVernay, mid. Let's be real and dont make straight heat like the top 3.

F. Gary Gray, Antoine Fuqua, Tim Story, Malcolm D. Lee these are names that have been around since I was a kid. (which is kind of the point, kind of the problem) All GOOD directors. ALL OLD tho.

F. Gary Gray should be an oscar nominated director for Straight Outta Compton too. That sh*t is bogus, then you got sh*t like that to consider.
I agree with these points... I'm glad you brought those names to the discussion.

Fuqua still getting work, just nothing really captivating since training day.

F.Gary Gray is good, but some people also see him as a hack....

you are right, people are so caught up in giving praise now, that they don't really know how they feel about something later down the line....

SO many things ascribed as classics that never reach that level....

we never gonna get a another

- new jack city ( what made it good was the fact they were more interested in telling a violent story, vs meeting "society's expectations")

- Boomerang (classic comedy about dating with black men and women)

- Friday( naturally did what all these tiktokers/and instagramers trying to recreate)

- Talking dirty after dark
- House Party
-etc.

We will get movies and shows that try their best, but don't have the same level of quality
+2   

2 months ago '15        #22
fla87 
Props total: 1079 1 K  Slaps total: 151 151
You might not like Madea but Tyler Perry far from shuckin and jivin. You really don’t know what he doing for black ppl.
+4   

2 months ago '05        #23
A~team 
Props total: 17215 17 K  Slaps total: 2886 2 K
 kuntree_swagger said
Nah dont dare put peele in that convo with batty boy tyler.

Peele actually makes movies that have interesting premises.

2 months ago '07        #24
r.burgundy 
Props total: 38347 38 K  Slaps total: 6065 6 K
 Doc Mobster said

The thing about objectivity is that you should understand that everyone doesn't have to like everything. Nothing in this post is objective.
Tyler knows his audience and he is great at creating something for his target audience.

This is the equivalent of looking to gucci mane to make records like nas or black thought.
There are plenty of great works out there by black writers/directors/producers, Tyler is just by far the most consistent because he know longer has to depend on finicky black support or whitey to make his films.

Tyler should always be applauded.he literally came from the bottom to the top of this industry
+2   

2 months ago '22        #25
 rizzo1914 said
We went from Robert Townsend, the Hughes Brothers, John singleton, the Wayans bros, Rick Famuyiwa, Spike Lee....to Tyler Perry...smfh we truly have fallen off as a race and culture of people.....I remember when we took pride in how we dressed and how well we treated and looked out for one another...

Hardest thing to do is be black in amerikkka, if the Racist white folk and trying to fu*k you off, the n*ggas damn sure are....
Bro the Wayans bros dressed up as white chicks in white chicks
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
San Francisco Police Department Activates Skynet, Will Deploy Robots To k*ll C..
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+243online now  24
‘Good Morning America’ co-anchors Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes get caught being ..
351 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  23
[Health] Surprise Surprise Liver King is not natty
66 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+18online now  11
These kids are wild