Sony teaming up with Google against Microsoft Activision Deal???

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '16        #1
2145 page views
57 comments

Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 21075 21 K  Slaps total: 3553 3 K
Sony teaming up with Google against Microsoft Activision Deal???

;t=0HmYFjHaCVM-1WnEmOBc8w

Sony met with EU regulator on Activision/Microsoft earlier this month - report

Sony (NYSE:SONY) is said to have met with the European antitrust regulator earlier this month to discuss Microsoft's (NASDAQ:MSFT) planned $69 billion purchase of Activision (NASDAQ:ATVI).
Sony Interactive Entertainment head Jim Ryan met with the European Commission on Sept. 8 at its headquarters in Brussels, according to a Dealreporter item, which cited sources familiar. Google (GOOGL) is also said to have worries about the transaction and has voiced it concerns to regulators.

Sony, which makes the Playstation video gaming console, has reportedly voiced its concerns that Microsoft (MSFT) could potentially limit access to Activision's "Call of Duty" franchise. Google (GOOGL) has had interactions with Brazil's antitrust regulator CADE on the deal, according to regulatory filings in Brazil.
The report comes after Microsoft (MSFT) on Friday filed the Activision (ATVI) deal with the European Commission. The regular set a provisional deadline of Nov. 8 to make a decision on the transaction, according to a filing on the regulator's website.

Microsoft (MSFT) announced its $69B deal to buy Activision Blizzard (ATVI) for $95 per share in cash in January.

Sony and Google forming Voltron in front of our eyes?

What’s in it for google though? Aint they out the game? What does it matter? Sound like some petty sh*t

I think up till this point most people thought the deals going through. But stadia shutting down and blaming Microsoft gotta be a wildcard/smoking gun in this case no?

What y’all think?

best
worst
57 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 108856 108 K  Slaps total: 42208 42 K
Lmfao all of this over call of duty
+8   

2 months ago '16        #3
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 SPdaGOAT said
Google said the Bethesda deal was a factor that led to them closing down stadias studios last year.

What’s in it for google though?
Aint they out the game?

Sony might switch their servers from azure? Idk sh*t about it but there’s gotta be a play here.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #4
LeMar G 
Props total: 85546 85 K  Slaps total: 8818 8 K
Maybe they bowed out so they could partner with Sony somehow.

Would be a good move
+6   

2 months ago '20        #5
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33094 33 K  Slaps total: 10368 10 K
Sony Google PlayStation
+2   

2 months ago '14        #6
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 22473 22 K  Slaps total: 13434 13 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Its bigger than that… Microsoft buying Activision doesnt make sense because they have already brought down the value of the company just by buying it. The issue is them buying game studios just to take a loss and make money off their servers like Amazon which could disturb gaming.

Why would any fan of gaming want Microsoft to buy any studio they havent shown themselves to be competent considering Microsoft thought of shutting down the xbox division in 2014.

2 months ago '05        #7
Krazie 
Props total: 56308 56 K  Slaps total: 9321 9 K
Sony acting like some real bi*ches over this
+18   

2 months ago '16        #8
 Swade009 said
Its bigger than that… Microsoft buying Activision doesnt make sense because they have already brought down the value of the company just by buying it. The issue is them buying game studios just to take a loss and make money off their servers like Amazon which could disturb gaming.

Why would any fan of gaming want Microsoft to buy any studio they havent shown themselves to be competent considering Microsoft thought of shutting down the xbox division in 2014.
No one in the Xbox ecosystem cares fam. All they want is more games at no additional cost to what they pay/have paid

That’s all it is.

They don’t care about history, potential damage to the industry, who gets paid what, or how long they gotta wait. It’s strictly consumer level. What am I getting for what I’m paying currently or have pre paid years for?

That’s the mentality
+2   

2 months ago '05        #9
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 77419 77 K  Slaps total: 12769 12 K

2 months ago '12        #10
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 49330 49 K  Slaps total: 14937 14 K

Y'all can slap my posts but when I'm right I'm right

Phil Spencer made enemies... The sh*t these stupid a*s n*ggas say in public will come back to bite all of them in the a*s... Even that Ghandi looking mf Satya Nadella saying let us compete with a $70billion pricetag on publishers... That is not a good look... You're telling regulators that after 20 years in the game you can only compete by taking sh*t off other platforms

2 months ago '16        #11
 Pleasure Boy said
that Ghandi looking mf Satya Nadella saying let us compete with a $70billion pricetag on publishers...

2 months ago '17        #12
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 247621 247 K  Slaps total: 21099 21 K
So now Sony is partnering with both Tencent and Google? Things are heating up.

+3   

2 months ago '22        #13
God Bless 
Props total: 9827 9 K  Slaps total: 8144 8 K
Didn’t that DoorDash driver say since Saudi Arabia okayed the deal that meant the rest of the world had to do it

2 months ago '12        #14
 God Bless said
Didn’t that DoorDash driver say since Saudi Arabia okayed the deal that meant the rest of the world had to do it

No one gives a fu*k about those oil n*ggas opinions in the gaming industry... It's the shady sh*t Microsoft do that's coming back to bite them... Did they really think Google would leave quietly after the sh*t Phil Spencer said

2 months ago '21        #15
Square Life  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 5124 5 K  Slaps total: 513 513
This isn’t an issue, they gotta do this the EU or the US don’t care about the Japs let just call it like it is.
+3   

2 months ago '21        #16
Henri  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 14459 14 K  Slaps total: 5481 5 K
It will gp through because its an American company buying an American company.. sony has no say here.. American troops are on there land
+5   

2 months ago '12        #17
 Henri said
It will gp through because its an American company buying an American company.. sony has no say here.. American troops are on there land
That's not how competition work

2 months ago '12        #18
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 32047 32 K  Slaps total: 2870 2 K
 Novii said
What’s in it for google though?
Aint they out the game?

For now, they'll be back.

The less consolidated the industry is when they return the better it is for them.
+2   

2 months ago '12        #19
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 215203 215 K  Slaps total: 12474 12 K
 Naga Sadow said
So now Sony is partnering with both Tencent and Google? Things are heating up.

I been telling people for the longest Tencent was the issue.

The prince of Saudi Arabia, the one who wants to be a dictator bought SNK outright right?

His investment group just announced they have 37.8 billion dollars to spend on gaming in the next couple years alone.

I'd rather MS and Sony buy everything than the Chinese at Tencent or the Prince for Saudi Arabia whose known for sawing people apart for fun out this mafu*kin

He just gave a billion dollars to Embracer, and also made investments into EA, Take Two, and Nintendo.

People complaining about Phil Spencer and Jim Ryan can kiss my a*s when they act like they're cool with a Xi Jinping and the dude funding the Taliban(MBS) are okay to own gaming companies.

For the record his big goal is to land a major publisher and we know how EA has been talking for the past few years about possibly being for sale. Watch Capcom too

Last edited by OldBusiness; 10-01-2022 at 03:51 AM..
+7   

2 months ago '04        #20
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8566 8 K  Slaps total: 1521 1 K
Sony is truly acting like some hoes

google fu*ked themselves up, they didn't know what they were doing

Google has shown they will throw money and give up on sh*t fast
+4   

2 months ago '04        #21
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12160 12 K  Slaps total: 4853 4 K
some ppl in here salty asf, seething at the thought that this means anything lol...

2 months ago '12        #22
 OldBusiness said

For the record his big goal is to land a major publisher and we know how EA has been talking for the past few years about possibly being for sale. Watch Capcom too
They've recently revealed a $40~ billion fund to do just this I believe, apparently with the focus on eSports for now but there's no big eSports company who are gonna sell to the Saudis (Valve and Tencent) so I'm guessing EA is a very good shout.

Last edited by Faythung; 10-01-2022 at 05:24 AM..
+1   

2 months ago '12        #23
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 215203 215 K  Slaps total: 12474 12 K
 Faythung said
They've recently revealed a $40~ billion fund to do just this I believe, apparently with the focus on eSports for now but there's no big eSports company who are gonna sell to the Saudis (Valve and Tencent) so I'm guessing EA is a very good shout.
Yep I mentioned that when I said:

His investment group just announced they have 37.8 billion dollars to spend on gaming in the next couple years alone.
This a**hole owns Terry Bogard..Joe Higashi..Samurai Shodown

EA's global standing is going to tank going forward with the FIFA sh*t crumbing the way it did, and dude gone swoop right in with the safety net.

I would hope for MS or Sony to make those moves instead. Hell i've said time and time again on here I wish Sony would buy Square...they work great together and it just makes sense IMO.
+2   

2 months ago '22        #24
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 39113 39 K  Slaps total: 9595 9 K
I could care less about Call of Duty but man Fallout is my favorite gaming series ever. I hope none of this bs affects that with playstation.

2 months ago '12        #25
 murderers said
I hope none of this bs affects that with playstation.
The next Fallout is highly unlikely to be coming to Playstation.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  25
[Health] Surprise Surprise Liver King is not natty
63 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  20
San Francisco Police Department Activates Skynet, Will Deploy Robots To k*ll C..
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+18online now  17
These kids are wild
220 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  10
11/30.....aew wednesday night dynamite :mafiamaybe: