It’s hard to tell if Jordan took Barkley’s joke personally, but what he said next changed

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '22        #1
2286 page views
23 comments

jun tao  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 12233 12 K  Slaps total: 12959 12 K
It’s hard to tell if Jordan took Barkley’s joke personally, but what he said next changed

It’s no secret that even though they rivaled each other during their prime, Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley were once thick as thieves. The two NBA Hall of Famers used to enjoy the company of each other even outside basketball, and like any other close pals, MJ and Chuck often roasted each other.

Charles doesn’t know how it feels

It was undeniably an epic scene whenever the cameras caught Jordan and Barkley mocking one another. And fans were delighted with a lengthy back and forth courtesy of the pair when they appeared on Oprah in 2004.

As expected, neither of the NBA legends backed down from teasing each other on national TV. Jordan destroyed Barkley by poking fun at his terrible golfing skills. On the other hand, Chuck hit back by revealing how stingy a multi-millionaire “His Airness” is in person.

When Oprah brought up the topic of riding motorcycles, which happened to be one of MJ’s newfound hobbies at the time, Barkley got the better of his former NBA Finals foe once again.

Sir Charles quickly replied “hell no” when asked if he had ever ridden a motorcycle like Jordan. In his defense, Barkley pointed out that he’ll never do it as he just wouldn’t risk his life the way MJ did every time he went for a ride.

“I hate the fact that he [Jordan] rides motorcycles ’cause it scares me to death. It’s not safe. It’s just not safe,” Barkley stressed.

The 1993 NBA MVP then emphasized that helmets don’t guarantee safety, and Jordan was just too “stubborn” that his head was so hard he didn’t even need one when riding.

“His head is mighty, he don’t need no helmet for his head,” Barkley joked. “He’s the most stubborn person you ever gonna meet in your life.”

Everybody in the studio laughed, and even Jordan found Barkley’s joke hilarious at one point. However, it didn’t last long. In a matter of seconds, the smile on MJ’s face went away, and a deep voice with an evidently serious tone barged in and uttered, “I disagree.”

It’s hard to tell if Jordan took Barkley’s joke personally, but what he said next changed the vibe and the entire atmosphere for a few seconds. The six-time NBA champion apparently knew how to put Barkley in his place. And for MJ, there’s no better way but to remind him a bit that he never won a championship.

“When you think about it. When you ride a motorcycle, you have to be a defensive driver,” Jordan began. “You don’t have time to talk on the phone, you don’t have time to eat, you don’t have time to do a lot of things most people do every single day, which is more dangerous than riding a motorcycle. You have to be really focused on seeing the traffic ahead. He doesn’t know about this. He’s never ridden a motorcycle.”

“He never understand what it takes to be a…winner.”
Barkley was speechless, but he acknowledged that there was “something” behind that explanation. Jordan then put a grin on his face and playfully questioned, “Did I say something wrong? Did I say something bad?”

Things got serious

No matter how hard Jordan and Barkley ridiculed each other on the said Oprah appearance, it did not affect their friendship. Both were sport enough to suck all the insults up and carry on. However, nobody knew at the time that the fun would also come to an end and things would get serious.

During an interview in 2014, ten years after that Oprah episode, Barkley revealed that he and Jordan were no longer on speaking terms. According to Chuck, it started with something negative he said on national TV about the Charlotte Bobcats, the team Jordan owns.

“I think that Michael was upset about something I said about the Bobcats that were obviously true,” Barkley confessed. “First of all, he is doing a much better job. A couple of years ago they had one of the worst records in NBA history and Michael didn’t do a great job. I always loved him as a brother but I will do my job first and foremost. I am not going to get on tv and being dishonest to people. They know when you are being dishonest and disingenuous. I am going to do my job.”

It’s real

For those who are thinking maybe it was just a hoopla to add flavor to Barkley’s TV shows, you’re wrong. In fact, Jordan was even caught awkwardly snubbing Barkley at the NBA 75 ceremony.

visit this link https://twitter.com/sport .. rkley-on-oprah

best
worst
23 comments

2 months ago '22        #2
Capper  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 5158 5 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
Nice thread fail

+10   

2 months ago '22        #3
jun tao  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22 OP
Lol

2 months ago '15        #4
Chessbully 
Props total: 3521 3 K  Slaps total: 480 480
That Boi Barkley was being very honest during the Oprah interview that even she said at one point "Charles you don't have to be this honest!"

Ole Michael was boiling mad underneath! Charles done digged himself a grave with Mike.

2 months ago '22        #5
 Chessbully said
That Boi Barkley was being very honest during the Oprah interview that even she said at one point "Charles you don't have to be this honest!"

Ole Michael was boiling mad underneath! Charles done digged himself a grave with Mike.

2 months ago '06        #6
marcusaka50 
Props total: 42265 42 K  Slaps total: 6697 6 K
Mike sensitive

2 months ago '21        #7
BeastModeBoy 
Props total: 18685 18 K  Slaps total: 946 946
I would like to hear a Nas and AZ album one day, would like to see Jay and Dame have a conversation one day, and I would to see these rocking together like they used to one day
+2   

2 months ago '16        #8
144  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34128 34 K  Slaps total: 44522 44 K
Haven't seen the whole thing in a long time, if ever all at once. Props.

2 months ago '16        #9
144  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34128 34 K  Slaps total: 44522 44 K
 BeastModeBoy said
I would like to hear a Nas and AZ album one day, would like to see Jay and Dame have a conversation one day, and I would to see these rocking together like they used to one day
I hear you.

Sometimes though people are just in your life for a season, and there's no going back once it's over. I think we've all been through that.

I feel you, but nothing wrong with moving on if it's time to do so. It's as if some things have expiration dates.

2 months ago '22        #10
CosmicVonDoom 
Props total: 440 440  Slaps total: 429 429
Since this thread has nothing at all to offer for Nba fans

At least I know this OP is a certified phyobwoi. Thank u for letting me know who I'll be G-checking every chance I get.

Irony I just asked who on bx getting the access to create those trash trolling can't have any humor a*s HTs. Troll threads by the NEW bx racist lames.

And don't let me find out u some white dude who's friends with some black people like a former admin.

Last edited by CosmicVonDoom; 10-01-2022 at 09:36 AM..

2 months ago '22        #11
Capper  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 5158 5 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
 BeastModeBoy said
I would like to hear a Nas and AZ album one day,

2 months ago '22        #12
 144 said
Haven't seen the whole thing in a long time, if ever all at once. Props.
Hah

2 months ago '22        #13
Delegatus 
Props total: 886 886  Slaps total: 840 840
 marcusaka50 said
Mike sensitive
Michael Jordan isn't sensitive. Barkley is a big mouth clown that doesn't know how to stay on code and he's always been a gossiping POS that has always ran his mouth about Jordan's personal business hoping to publicly embarrass and humiliate Jordan and knock Jordan off of his pedestal.

You don't see Wayne Gretzky sh*tting on Mario Lemieux publicly or Carmelo Anthony or D. Wade airing out LeBron publicly.
+3   

2 months ago '06        #14
marcusaka50 
 Delegatus said
Michael Jordan isn't sensitive. Barkley is a big mouth clown that doesn't know how to stay on code and he's always been a gossiping POS that has always ran his mouth about Jordan's personal business hoping to publicly embarrass and humiliate Jordan and knock Jordan off of his pedestal.

You don't see Wayne Gretzky sh*tting on Mario Lemieux publicly or Carmelo Anthony or D. Wade airing out LeBron publicly.
Cheapo is someone who is good at saving money

2 months ago '22        #15
Delegatus 
Props total: 886 886  Slaps total: 840 840
 marcusaka50 said
Cheapo is someone who is good at saving money
What are you talking about?

You act like Jordan is Darryl Strawberry.

Jordan only made $93 million dollars in the NBA and ended up a multi-billionaire.

Jordan is one of the greatest Athlete-businessman in history.

A lot of black people hate this interview because they think Jordan was supposed to give away all of his money to the poor and to parasitic leeching shiftless bums.

Hating a*s jealous black people like you most likely would've loved if Jordan lost all of his money or ended up like Lawrence Taylor or Darryl Strawberry.

Last edited by Delegatus; 10-01-2022 at 02:00 PM..

2 months ago '19        #16
Immersion Vox 
Props total: 12093 12 K  Slaps total: 1338 1 K
 Delegatus said

Jordan only made $93 million dollars in the NBA and ended up a multi-billionaire.

A lot of black people hate this interview because they think Jordan was supposed to give away all of his money to the poor and to parasitic leeching shiftless bums.

Hating a*s jealous black people like you most likely would've loved if Jordan lost all of his money or ended up like Lawrence Taylor or Darryl Strawberry.
also what he said around the end, like 17-20 mins in this video, about work ethic and how it is now with players

2 months ago '06        #17
marcusaka50 
 Delegatus said

What are you arguing?....only people that dont understand money thought that way

2 months ago '14        #18
reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 53370 53 K  Slaps total: 4084 4 K
Can't even take that MJ laugh in the beginning seriously anymore, doesn't even look real lol

Edit:One man slapping with 4 accounts, pathetic lol

Last edited by reelife; 10-01-2022 at 05:02 PM..

2 months ago '22        #19
 reelife said
Can't even take that MJ laugh in the beginning seriously anymore, doesn't even look real lol
Sociopath MJ

2 months ago '13        #20
mrslyyy 
Props total: 10837 10 K  Slaps total: 1302 1 K
Did MJ take something personally

2 months ago '14        #21
reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 53370 53 K  Slaps total: 4084 4 K
 jun tao said
Sociopath MJ
Nah I meant because of the Jordan bx meme and gif, it's from this video

That's why I said it doesn't look real

2 months ago '05        #22
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 156302 156 K  Slaps total: 46016 46 K
@1:50

Jordan took that personal. Right off the rip

2 months ago '21        #23
BeastModeBoy 
Props total: 18685 18 K  Slaps total: 946 946
 Capper said

I have all of these songs separately. But thanks anyway I'm a let this play out tonight. Got some fam come over to play cards and dominoes. Good look!

2 months ago '22        #24
Lol

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside "i would've sh0t beans & hov at that time...not 50!!!" styles breaksdow..
65 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  19
Dec 7 - alex jones.....declares war on nick fuentes and kanye over their hitle..
60 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+32online now  18
Chicago Beef Sandwiches
116 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+23online now  9
Video inside CNN Has Total Meltdown When Don Lemon Goes Full Andrew Tate on Women’s ..
52 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy