Team Ninja Would Outsource a New Ninja Gaiden Game, But Only If It Would 'Exceed Expectati

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
17 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
49 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '21        #1
795 page views
15 comments

Waddup Doe 
Props total: 3599 3 K  Slaps total: 498 498
Team Ninja Would Outsource a New Ninja Gaiden Game, But Only If It Would 'Exceed Expectati

Team Ninja says that it is open to outsourcing its own IP, such as Ninja Gaiden, to other studios as long as the game being developed is able to exceed fan expectations.

In an interview with VGC, Team Ninja's Fumihiko Yasuda - director of upcoming Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - said, “If we were to theoretically work with another company on a new Ninja Gaiden title, we would need to make sure that it would be a title that the fans would really enjoy and exceed their expectations.”

Yasuda explained that even though there is a big fanbase for existing IP like Ninja Gaiden, Team Ninja needs to balance its resources within the studio, including seeing what kind of skills members of the development team currently have. From there, they would decide if those skills could fit an existing IP, or perhaps an entirely new one.

He is also open to handing off a potential new Ninja Gaiden game to a team of younger developers within Team Ninja. However, either decision wouldn’t be made lightly. “It’s not just a matter of, ‘hey, let’s just go do this.’ All the pieces would need to fit, and it would need to be the right team…either a younger team internally or another company that would really need to fit the Ninja Gaiden pedigree,” Yasuda explained.

Team Ninja is understandably cautious about such an idea. The last time Ninja Gaiden was outsourced - 2014's Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, made by Californian studio Spark Unlimited - the series was tarnished with poor reviews, including a 5.6 from IGN.

Ninja Gaiden’s latest entry was the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection back in June 2021. Right now, Team Ninja is focusing on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, which will arrive on Xbox Game Pass next year at launch, and Rise of the Ronin, an exclusive for PlayStation 5.

visit this link https://www.ign.com/artic .. d-expectations
+5   

best
worst
15 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
TheProtege9020 
Props total: 2092 2 K  Slaps total: 164 164
Platinum Games
+6   

2 months ago '14        #3
Cuttysark 
Props total: 54776 54 K  Slaps total: 3934 3 K
Just give me my sh*t dammit

Tired of waiting for my n*gga Ryu to return
+4   

2 months ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 248376 248 K  Slaps total: 21204 21 K
Forget the Souls/Bourne style games, this is what I need.
+3   

2 months ago '12        #5
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 215241 215 K  Slaps total: 12479 12 K
 TheProtege9020 said
Platinum Games
Naaah, Babylon has fallen over there mang - a little too mid on the track record.

Cuttysark said

Naga Sadow said
Forget the Souls/Bourne style games, this is what I need.

They gotta outsource it cause minus Itagaki(Whose making a weird cloud gaming NFT Thing right now lol) the rest of the actual Ninja Gaiden Devs left and are making the game in that trailer...heres an additional 5 mins of gameplay:

The 5 minute video is damn near pre - pre alpha status which is why the sound is bad/voice overs bad and some of the textures missing - but they wanted to have something for people to play at Gamescom lol
+1   

2 months ago '08        #6
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 46154 46 K  Slaps total: 3591 3 K
Devil May Cry is the closet sh*t we will get today.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #7
EnigmaticPigeon 
Props total: 76509 76 K  Slaps total: 3064 3 K
 TheProtege9020 said
Platinum Games
/thread
+1   

2 months ago '04        #8
TheProtege9020 
Props total: 2092 2 K  Slaps total: 164 164
 OldBusiness said
Naaah, Babylon has fallen over there mang - a little too mid on the track record.

They gotta outsource it cause minus Itagaki(Whose making a weird cloud gaming NFT Thing right now lol) the rest of the actual Ninja Gaiden Devs left and are making the game in that trailer...heres an additional 5 mins of gameplay:

The 5 minute video is damn near pre - pre alpha status which is why the sound is bad/voice overs bad and some of the textures missing - but they wanted to have something for people to play at Gamescom lol

True, But they were on a helluva run. Im hoping Bayonetta 3 turns out good. I enjoyed 1 and 2, and Astral Chain was great. Scalebound would've probably been great too.

2 months ago '22        #9
letitallg0  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 9677 9 K  Slaps total: 646 646
 TheProtege9020 said
Platinum Games
Yes or Capcom

Strider x Ninja Gaiden
+2   

2 months ago '05        #10
Chuck_Remixed  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19119 19 K  Slaps total: 835 835
Platinum would work if Kamiya decided to direct it himself but I don't think he would want to considering he's trashed NG in the past lol. They(Tecmo) would have to be serious with the budget for it naturally. Platinum would need to come off their game engine too. These scenarios are too unlikely so you can dismissed them as a candidate if Team Ninja actually pursued this route.

2 months ago '04        #11
kalico17  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2009 2 K  Slaps total: 191 191
 Cuttysark said

This

Been far too long
+1   

2 months ago '05        #12
HiRolliN 
Props total: 8801 8 K  Slaps total: 462 462
just give it back to Itagaki so we can get a true sequel
+3   

2 months ago '10        #13
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 61895 61 K  Slaps total: 2383 2 K
Yea....gotta make sure the boobies swangin
+1   

2 months ago '17        #14
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 248376 248 K  Slaps total: 21204 21 K
They just need to make amends with Itigaki. Buy him a new leather coat, shades, and some smokes and get back to work.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #15
Cuttysark 
Props total: 54776 54 K  Slaps total: 3934 3 K
 kalico17 said
This

Been far too long
+1   

2 months ago '04        #16
CrAkKedOuT 
Props total: 25302 25 K  Slaps total: 4109 4 K
 OldBusiness said

Watching these vids and this Wanted game gives me Dead to Rights vibes.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Metal Gear Solid Remake Revealed Early Before The Game Awards
29 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside What Was Your Fav Pair Of Kyrie Irving Shoes? Nike Ends Deal With Kyrie!
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  8
Image(s) inside Mappa single handedly carrying the anime industry
30 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+231online now  5
9 kids by the time you’re 28?! Started at 17yrs, her husband was 21yrs.
285 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy