Rings of Power is terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '22        #1
5360 page views
105 comments

nehetti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1138 1 K  Slaps total: 253 253
Rings of Power is terrible.

I'm curious to see how you all feel about the show so far. People are praising it on Reddit, but I don't see what's so great about it.

I'm halfway through the 5th episode and I think I'm going to give up on the show entirely. I haven't enjoyed any of the episodes so far.

None of the characters are compelling. Galadriel is a Mary Sue. I'm all for strong female leads, as long as they are well-written, and Galadriel is the opposite. She manages to over power 3, heavily armored guards and lock them in a jail cell. That action sequence was so silly.

Then there is the poorly choreographed "f*ght" against multiple volunteers that was incredibly corny. Her dialogue doesn't make sense: "f*ght with your feet, not your hands".

best
worst
105 comments

2 months ago '11        #2
The Bearded One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13831 13 K  Slaps total: 1350 1 K
Im enjoying it, wish there were more action scenes but im digging the world building.
+27   

2 months ago '17        #3
bayareabosses 
Props total: 3162 3 K  Slaps total: 476 476
i like it
+5   

2 months ago '16        #4
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 159621 159 K  Slaps total: 17350 17 K
the last show was hard to stay locked in but other than that its pretty good.
+2   

2 months ago '21        #5
MakeAmillion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 302 302  Slaps total: 152 152
I like it.

2 months ago '10        #6
dfro 
Props total: 5588 5 K  Slaps total: 326 326
I'm enjoying it, although I feel it's moving a bit slowly.
+6   

2 months ago '19        #7
1mcchicken2go 
Props total: 3371 3 K  Slaps total: 238 238
The backstory is really good for LOTR/The Hobbit and what I'm into.

Why the elves and dwarves hate each other in Lord of the rings
Young Galadrial and Elrond character arc rn and how it illustrates why they are so different in Hobbit/LOTR
Mithril backstory
Humans selling out to survive
And more

It's a slow burn but it's pretty good show just for the lore.
+11   

2 months ago '11        #8
Enfermo 
Props total: 1230 1 K  Slaps total: 183 183
Episode 5 was pretty weak (girl f*ghting scene was for the ladies lol) but its building for the next few episodes. Other episodes where dope to me and I actually like the action so far in it. I like the world building. I like all the characters. Like someone said it is better than House of Dragons. It is clean fun without house of dragon taboo subjects ie pedophilia, incest, s*xuality.

It is slow but we getting alot going on and its pretty ambitious.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #9
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 61298 61 K  Slaps total: 9319 9 K
I could tell from the trailers it's not for me.

Just Euro trash rolled in fantasy

- No Thanks
+8   

2 months ago '04        #10
Thangstah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5133 5 K  Slaps total: 663 663
show is awful to me, compared to house of dragon.

everything is moving so slow and none of the characters stand out. Thye fished in people with the 1st episode with action but there has barely been any since. The only character with an ounce of charisma is the dwarf prince. He's loyal to his people but also likes his friends and are willing to work things out. Everyone else is bland and 1 dimensional. Meteor guy is probably Gandalf, Halbrand is probably sauron.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #11
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 22734 22 K  Slaps total: 2333 2 K
 nehetti said
I'm curious to see how you all feel about the show so far. People are praising it on Reddit, but I don't see what's so great about it.

I'm halfway through the 5th episode and I think I'm going to give up on the show entirely. I haven't enjoyed any of the episodes so far.

None of the characters are compelling. Galadriel is a Mary Sue. I'm all for strong female leads, as long as they are well-written, and Galadriel is the opposite. She manages to over power 3, heavily armored guards and lock them in a jail cell. That action sequence was so silly.

Then there is the poorly choreographed "f*ght" against multiple volunteers that was incredibly corny. Her dialogue doesn't make sense: "f*ght with your feet, not your hands".
Not entirely sure cause I've never learned swordmanship, but I'm pretty sure this is an allusion to the fact that the power in your swing comes from proper footing and not your arms or hands (as is the case in nearly any recreation that involves swinging or throwing). So, yeah, I can see where this actually does make sense.

2 months ago '15        #12
charlieramboo2 
Props total: 2388 2 K  Slaps total: 461 461
pacing is really off, reminds me of american gods in that way, where episodes roll by and absolutely noting happens.

feels like theres this unbalance of world building up to this grand scale thats really never going to deliver.
+6   

2 months ago '15        #13
storyboutdamans 
Props total: 1452 1 K  Slaps total: 589 589
I would never watch LOTR ~3 and 4 hour movies wtf makes you think ima watch this GOT wannabe and I never watched GOT either?? fu*k the hobbit and these poor excuses for dragontales

2 months ago '20        #14
DrDisrespect 
Props total: 4622 4 K  Slaps total: 2581 2 K
That's what happens when white folks who have no culture other than stealing,Killing and Destroying plagiarised King Solomon and his ring that could control Demons.

2 months ago '04        #15
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 72403 72 K  Slaps total: 5030 5 K
Op show is filled with plot holes and house of dragons is better imo, if you know the LOTR lore you would be able to see it.
I've watched every episode and it's visual dope af but the script is trash
+6   

2 months ago '17        #16
LazyLeg 
Props total: 14581 14 K  Slaps total: 546 546
Was the her training them to f*ght scene her with the Númenóreans? Had to Google that to spell it but don't know why I still remember this but my friend basically described them to me while we were buzzed as lord of the rings space marines. So I've been putting off watching this to see if it was worth a watch because I'm not that deep on the lore but if they're taking some of the best warriors and turning them incompetent then I might pass
+1   

2 months ago '07        #17
Ein Sof  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 57290 57 K  Slaps total: 12380 12 K
 nehetti said

She reminded me of the movie Brave.
+1   

2 months ago '09        #18
Baynut 
Props total: 5621 5 K  Slaps total: 523 523
LOTR boring. HOTD boring. Hopefully, one or the other gets better.

I probably won't watch either until all the episodes are out.

2 months ago '22        #19
nehetti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 1138 1 K  Slaps total: 253 253
 Baynut said
LOTR boring. HOTD boring. Hopefully, one or the other gets better.

I probably won't watch either until all the episodes are out.
I don't like HOTD either. It sucks because I was excited about both shows. I keep tuning in because I hope it gets better, but 5-6 episodes is more than enough of a chance to give before giving up.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #20
Barbarianbob 
Props total: 3287 3 K  Slaps total: 275 275
Trailers looked a*s

Just quit on House of Dragons last week too

2 months ago '14        #21
ADthe3rd 
Props total: 3812 3 K  Slaps total: 361 361
Gave up after episode 3. Not for me. Too slow. Acting ain't all the best and fu*k that main character.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #22
gizmozoe 
Props total: 3083 3 K  Slaps total: 518 518
Naw, it got way better after the first couple episodes. The hate wave is over
+1   

2 months ago '17        #23
DavidTheMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33890 33 K  Slaps total: 19351 19 K
sh*tty show if it wasnt lotr related.

The fact they are using lotr lore its even worse because they literally reject the essence of the lore, story, and characters.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #24
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 108857 108 K  Slaps total: 42208 42 K
Yea man this sh*t and Dragons are just boring. It’s just exposition dumping like 80% of the time.

2 months ago '11        #25
FcukItImOnOne 
Props total: 1981 1 K  Slaps total: 329 329
It’s ok. But it’s def not terrible, that’s utter hyperbole. The production value alone makes it objectively better than terrible/horrible/awful. And Galadriel is an elf, not a Mary Sue. The choreography in those scenes could’ve been shot better but that doesn’t make her a Mary Sue. You’re sounding like those anti-woke hate-grifter chuds on YT.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  23
[Health] Surprise Surprise Liver King is not natty
63 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+18online now  18
These kids are wild
220 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
San Francisco Police Department Activates Skynet, Will Deploy Robots To k*ll C..
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  6
11/30.....aew wednesday night dynamite :mafiamaybe:
229 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy