NBA Officiating Updates as of September 26, 2022

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '17        #1
390 page views
11 comments

CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 176468 176 K  Slaps total: 9957 9 K
NBA Officiating Updates as of September 26, 2022

visit this link NBA.com: NBA Communications
NBA announces media availability and access policies for 2022-23 season
Official Release | September 23, 2022

NEW YORK – The NBA today announced the media availability and access policies for the 2022-23 season, which include the re-opening of locker rooms before and after games and a new credential tiering system for media members that is designed to create an improved access process on game nights.

Media will be credentialed for games under the same process as in previous seasons, except a Tier 1 level has been created for qualifying outlets. Tier 1 credentials will grant access to pre- and post-game locker rooms and the court area before the game. These credentials will be available to media outlets that regularly cover the team either by traveling consistently or attending most of a team’s games and practices in the home market. Additionally, national media who cover the league on a consistent basis and select international media and broadcast partners will be eligible for Tier 1 credentials.

In order to qualify for Tier 1, media outlets must create original news content and have a standard editorial process in place to govern credentialed reporters. Media who do not fit the Tier 1 requirements will be given access to all other media areas, including the teams’ press conference rooms. In those rooms, each team’s head coach will be available pre- and post-game and top-performing players will be available post-game.

Locker rooms will be open to Tier 1 media during a 30-minute pre-game period as well as post-game after a 20-minute cooling-off period.

Attached is a full description of the NBA’s media access policies for the 2022-23 season.

Last edited by CJ Schwarz; 09-26-2022 at 03:25 PM..
+3   

best
worst
11 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #2
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 68106 68 K  Slaps total: 39352 39 K
Get rid of the kicked ball rule

2 months ago '17        #3
BLACK FIST 
Props total: 72040 72 K  Slaps total: 13083 13 K
SB .1000 #34 (-6)
damn dead the bench mob

2 months ago '15        #4
Smuuve 
Props total: 21228 21 K  Slaps total: 1869 1 K
I understand that take foul rule change but that was good strategy from high IQ ball players

2 months ago '17        #5
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50 OP
 Smuuve said
I understand that take foul rule change but that was good strategy from high IQ ball players
True but the NBA wants those fastbreak dunks and highlights
+6   

2 months ago '09        #6
That Guy Fly 
Props total: 59682 59 K  Slaps total: 16544 16 K
 Smuuve said
That isn't high IQ its just lazy. I would rather see hack a shaq not penalized than take fouls not penalized. With Hack a shaq they're enabling poor free throw shooters and I would rather those guys just get better at their craft. With the take foul it saves the a*s of teams that just took a poor shot, had poor floor balance and didn't get back on defense properly or turned it over and didnt want to hustle back to play defense. At least with HaS you can put someone on the floor that can make the foul shots to stop it from happening. There is nothing you can do to stop take fouls except regulate it out the game.
+2   

2 months ago '09        #7
That Guy Fly 
They even put that sh*t in 2K. Was watching n*ggas play at the shop and one dude tried to steal the ball as his opponent pushed it across halfcourt and they called the foul then gave him a FT and the ball. Everybody was trippin like why the fu*k was a tech called. n*gga made the free throw, took it out then hit a shot from the elbow to win the game. sh*t was so fu*king funny between nobody knowing what happened and buddy losing his sh*t cause he lost off of it.
+6   

2 months ago '17        #8
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50 OP

;s=19

2 months ago '15        #9
Smuuve 
Props total: 21228 21 K  Slaps total: 1869 1 K
 That Guy Fly said
That isn't high IQ its just lazy. I would rather see hack a shaq not penalized than take fouls not penalized. With Hack a shaq they're enabling poor free throw shooters and I would rather those guys just get better at their craft. With the take foul it saves the a*s of teams that just took a poor shot, had poor floor balance and didn't get back on defense properly or turned it over and didnt want to hustle back to play defense. At least with HaS you can put someone on the floor that can make the foul shots to stop it from happening. There is nothing you can do to stop take fouls except regulate it out the game.
Nah it’s def high IQ. You make a mistake, clean it up with a foul, regroup and save that 2/3 points which could swing the game and momentum. Especially somebody like grant Williams taking that foul and stopping most breaks because his 6 isn’t as important as a few others on the court at the same time. If it’s a steal and you’re about to be in transition defensively why not stop the transition and use it to your advantage?

Are you gonna tell your teammates don’t take the foul and let them get that fast break off? Nah and I don’t think most people in the league would either
+3   

2 months ago '15        #10
broward 
Props total: 5308 5 K  Slaps total: 136 136
So basically to stop a fast break and not get a transition take foul, you just have to act like you're going for the ball?

This is going to get messy

2 months ago '17        #11
LegendaryLegend  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20306 20 K  Slaps total: 4654 4 K
The current NBA REALLY hates defense, bro.

Yet y'all wanna compare this current NBA to previous generations? How much help from NBA execs do you need?

+2   

2 months ago '09        #12
That Guy Fly 
 Smuuve said
Nah it’s def high IQ. You make a mistake, clean it up with a foul, regroup and save that 2/3 points which could swing the game and momentum. Especially somebody like grant Williams taking that foul and stopping most breaks because his 6 isn’t as important as a few others on the court at the same time. If it’s a steal and you’re about to be in transition defensively why not stop the transition and use it to your advantage?

Are you gonna tell your teammates don’t take the foul and let them get that fast break off? Nah and I don’t think most people in the league would either
Nope. I'm telling get their a*s back and try to stop it while also sprinting my a*s back. Besides, n*ggas give up layups all game these days. Those plays are just lazy and typically get key guys in foul trouble because they picked up that dumb foul. It's very rare a non essential player is the one committing that foul. It also puts your team in the penalty faster causing you to give up points anyway from the foul line

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Gay Disney movie "Strange World" to lose 147M. bombs :takethisl:
102 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+42online now  14
Video inside Old head Passport Bros winning
157 comments