I AMD came through and crushed the buildings intel is in a world of trouble

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '10        #1
727 page views
14 comments

acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 28560 28 K  Slaps total: 4477 4 K
I AMD came through and crushed the buildings intel is in a world of trouble

+5   

best
worst
14 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
rashadd 
Props total: 36069 36 K  Slaps total: 2620 2 K
I’m upgrading from a 1700 to (more than likely) a 7700x. Just have to wait and see what the GPU’s are going to look like, especially Amd gpus paired with the cpus.

+2   

2 months ago '10        #3
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 rashadd said
I’m upgrading from a 1700 to (more than likely) a 7700x. Just have to wait and see what the GPU’s are going to look like, especially Amd gpus paired with the cpus.

That’s gonna be a crazy difference but if you didn’t want to change your motherboard or your RAM I would suggest you just buy a 5800X3-D
+1   

2 months ago '14        #4
rashadd 
Props total: 36069 36 K  Slaps total: 2620 2 K
Didn’t realize that. Thanks for the info. The 5800x3d definitely caught my attention when i was looking at scores. That’s why I will wait a few months so everything will be release and can get a good idea of the performance comparison of all these new products

2 months ago '04        #5
CrAkKedOuT 
Props total: 25207 25 K  Slaps total: 4100 4 K
 rashadd said
Didn’t realize that. Thanks for the info. The 5800x3d definitely caught my attention when i was looking at scores. That’s why I will wait a few months so everything will be release and can get a good idea of the performance comparison of all these new products

After a few months you'll see "wait for the 3d 7xxx" which is the one I'll probably grab. I'm in a similar situation as you as my last CPU was an 1800x.
+1   

2 months ago '10        #6
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 rashadd said

CrAkKedOuT said
After a few months you'll see "wait for the 3d 7xxx" which is the one I'll probably grab. I'm in a similar situation as you as my last CPU was an 1800x.
I say this only if you’re gaming if you’re doing other work loads wear this new platform can do you good by all means do what you have to.
You get this you’re going to possibly have to update your power supply your motherboard and your ram and I am telling you it’s going to be expensive until they come out with x770 platform to replace this one

Last edited by acegutta22; 09-26-2022 at 06:21 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '13        #7
Phenom354 
Props total: 56496 56 K  Slaps total: 3730 3 K
Gotta see what Intel 13th gen looks like

2 months ago '05        #8
spiderjericho 
Props total: 923 923  Slaps total: 45 45
 Phenom354 said
Gotta see what Intel 13th gen looks like
It looks like it’ll probably one up AMD slightly but cost more and sip more power.

Props to AMD for regaining its footing and pushing out good competing products to Intel.

I’m hoping they undercut Nvidia becuz they’re wilding.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #9
Andrefrbk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x51
Props total: 53238 53 K  Slaps total: 11736 11 K
I guess its the AMD athlon type resonance again.

Damn those were the days, i was k*lling anything intel with my overclock shiit was stupid and cheap.

Glad to see AMD back at it with the value.

Im shocked people are still interested in building rigs etc. I feel like sh*ts peaked here for now.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #10
CrAkKedOuT 
Props total: 25207 25 K  Slaps total: 4100 4 K
 acegutta22 said
I say this only if you’re gaming if you’re doing other work loads wear this new platform can do you good by all means do what you have to.
You get this you’re going to possibly have to update your power supply your motherboard and your ram and I am telling you it’s going to be expensive until they come out with x770 platform to replace this one
Considering I need everything anyway :shug: AM5 will be around for awhile so the it'll be worth the money anyway.
+2   

2 months ago '10        #11
lltreyll 
Props total: 10834 10 K  Slaps total: 3324 3 K
I have a RX 6600, 32 GB of RAM, Noctua fans and Noctua heatsink, but an old a*s i5-4570. So the CPU is definitely the weakest link that's bottlenecking my system. And I've been rolling around getting an AMD processor. I might just go that route now.

2 months ago '10        #12
lltreyll 
Props total: 10834 10 K  Slaps total: 3324 3 K
 Andrefrbk said
Im shocked people are still interested in building rigs etc. I feel like sh*ts peaked here for now.
This and other hardware released does seem to be running really hot by default in recent years. So you saying hardware seeming like it's peaked is something I've also questioned these days.

Afterall hardware running higher temps by default is definitely a clear indication that the size and design of hardware needs an overhaul to handle so much frequency and voltage without getting so hot.

2 months ago '18        #13
Jbeezel23 
Props total: 997 997  Slaps total: 199 199
 lltreyll said
I have a RX 6600, 32 GB of RAM, Noctua fans and Noctua heatsink, but an old a*s i5-4570. So the CPU is definitely the weakest link that's bottlenecking my system. And I've been rolling around getting an AMD processor. I might just go that route now.
Change your Mobo for an AM4 socket and put a Ryzen 5 3600 you'll be fine! this processor is cheap and proved his power.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with a GIGABYTE B550 dsh3, 16 GB of ram 3000Mhz and a Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB, i played all the new games like 75+ fps Ultra settings.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #14
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8554 8 K  Slaps total: 1518 1 K
 Andrefrbk said
I guess its the AMD athlon type resonance again.

Damn those were the days, i was k*lling anything intel with my overclock shiit was stupid and cheap.

Glad to see AMD back at it with the value.

I haven't had a desktop in like 13 years now

Mobility is way more important than power to me...sitting at a desk to use the PC seems so antiquated

Even at work, we've been using laptop workstations the last 6 years or so at my last 2 jobs
+1   

2 months ago '05        #15
Andrefrbk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x51
Props total: 53238 53 K  Slaps total: 11736 11 K
 lltreyll said
This and other hardware released does seem to be running really hot by default in recent years. So you saying hardware seeming like it's peaked is something I've also questioned these days.

Afterall hardware running higher temps by default is definitely a clear indication that the size and design of hardware needs an overhaul to handle so much frequency and voltage without getting so hot.
Honestly it’s crazy how pcs built 10 years ago can still do very well light gaming etc. I feel like we peaked years ago. The massive leaps are done for a while. Pc gaming hit a wall too. Needs innovation. 4k gaming didn’t really last long. Now dudes are on to 8k In maybe a generation or two. Peaked.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  12
Image(s) inside What Books Are Yall Reading Right Now
78 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  6
11/26.....survivor series war games
905 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Rick ross signs fat trel to be back on maybach music group label!
33 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  2
Video inside Beanie been telling y’all for years rapping don’t pay what you think it..
89 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy