We were really printing out four pages of directions to travel liked pirates

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #1
2962 page views
77 comments

jun tao  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 12200 12 K  Slaps total: 12835 12 K
We were really printing out four pages of directions to travel liked pirates

+68   

best
worst
77 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #2
jun tao  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22 OP

+9   

2 months ago '16        #3
HoodrichMike 
Props total: 8720 8 K  Slaps total: 1694 1 K
Wow hilarious
+2   

2 months ago '17        #4
tyfireman15 
Props total: 1244 1 K  Slaps total: 176 176
Man those were the days. Especially when I was living in Hampton roads (757). Being back memories
+24   

2 months ago '17        #5
OGMiamishank 
Props total: 32674 32 K  Slaps total: 5962 5 K
That's how they knew Maurice Clarette was headed to a witness house BC of the map quest papers in the front seat
+47   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #6
 OGMiamishank said
That's how they knew Maurice Clarette was headed to a witness house BC of the map quest papers in the front seat
+6   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #7
 tyfireman15 said
Man those were the days. Especially when I was living in Hampton roads (757). Being back memories
I'm so sorry you had to live in va. What do ppl do there for fun?

2 months ago '22        #8
Dick2Gutta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 12545 12 K  Slaps total: 900 900
I have no idea how ppl got to their destination with a map & a compass...if you missed your exit or turn, i know that has to cause anxiety

2 months ago '17        #9
tyfireman15 
Props total: 1244 1 K  Slaps total: 176 176
 jun tao said
I'm so sorry you had to live in va. What do ppl do there for fun?
Bro donít sleep. Lol. Itís plenty to do
+2   

2 months ago '12        #10
gunshot225 
Props total: 14822 14 K  Slaps total: 1231 1 K
 d*ck2Gutta said
I have no idea how ppl got to their destination with a map & a compass...if you missed your exit or turn, i know that has to cause anxiety
That's why you always left early. It was always a guarantee to miss an exit or a turn
+9   

2 months ago '17        #11
R Shackleford 
Props total: 14396 14 K  Slaps total: 905 905

+20   

2 months ago '05        #12
donnie_d3 
Props total: 667 667  Slaps total: 24 24
Nah, the real mind-boggler is how we got around before the internet. Reading a map that's giving you the directions isn't hard. Even reading a map in itself isn't hard. But if you didn't know where you were going before you could actually print out directions....yikes.
I was around and driving back then, but quite honestly, I don't even remember how I managed if it was somewhere I wasn't familiar with.

Funny the things we can't quite recall because today's reality is so vastly different than back then.
+31   

2 months ago '22        #13
Mrdadbo 
Props total: 1312 1 K  Slaps total: 8 8
 donnie_d3 said
Nah, the real mind-boggler is how we got around before the internet. Reading a map that's giving you the directions isn't hard. Even reading a map in itself isn't hard. But if you didn't know where you were going before you could actually print out directions....yikes.
I was around and driving back then, but quite honestly, I don't even remember how I managed if it was somewhere I wasn't familiar with.

Funny the things we can't quite recall because today's reality is so vastly different than back then.
The first thing my dad bought me when I got my first car was a map. Remember him using them big as maps driving from Boston to NY, CT, and the rest of the east cost. Kids these days will never know the struggle
+30   

2 months ago '16        #14
Iceyloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 886 886  Slaps total: 213 213
I used to smoke weed and ride around everyday if I got lost I got lost till I figured my way around. It helped out cause now I almost know how to get everywhere. The first rendition of GPS almost had me go 50 mph of a cliff in Atlantic city.
+21   

2 months ago '06        #15
tonygunz 
Props total: 3939 3 K  Slaps total: 169 169
 Mrdadbo said
The first thing my dad bought me when I got my first car was a map. Remember him using them big as maps driving from Boston to NY, CT, and the rest of the east cost. Kids these days will never know the struggle
Facts! My parents used to have them big a*s maps damn near covered the entire windshield.
+17   

2 months ago '11        #16
panamaican 
Props total: 6386 6 K  Slaps total: 629 629
 donnie_d3 said

You had the map, wrote down the exits and turns, and drove real slow so you could read all the signs. We were probably smarter because of it.
+25   

2 months ago '19        #17
Boxedin1 
Props total: 13967 13 K  Slaps total: 2887 2 K
 donnie_d3 said

Someone would look you in the eyes to make sure you were competent enough and then they would draw out directions or have you do it. Then you'd walk away like "I got this"
Pull over every few miles and ask someone new for the same directions and pray they weren't lying

Last edited by Boxedin1; 09-26-2022 at 01:48 AM..
+18   

2 months ago '04        #18
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 37901 37 K  Slaps total: 6491 6 K
still to this day i wonder how i made it to my destinations and back high af. just a map and the road signs. at times i was THIS close to tripping out and completely forget where i was

if im playing the map reader for a roadtrip i'd keep my eyes on the odometer to calculate the distance backwards to let my driving companion know ayo 2 miles up ahead, 1 mile up ahead, so that we dont both zone out at the critical moment

those were NOT the days lol. its fun to reminisce but i have no reason to miss that now that the navi's are WELL BEYOND perfected
+6   

2 months ago '18        #19
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 73143 73 K  Slaps total: 3990 3 K
Doing trucking I try to avoid gps and actually read my map
+5   

2 months ago '10        #20
lltreyll 
Props total: 10834 10 K  Slaps total: 3324 3 K
I'm still trying to memorize how to navigate by the sun in different seasons. It doesn't consistently rise and set exactly east to west all year long in the northern hemisphere, and there are different methods of going about it. So there is a considerable amount of sh*t to factor in that I haven't completely remembered yet.

And trying to spot constellations like Polaris to find north is easier said than done, especially with why I want to get the hang of this sh*t to begin with. Trees and other stuff will probably be in the way if I'm ever in some fu*ked up situation in the wild without a smartphone, compass and sh*t to find my way.

Being able to figure out north, east, south and west by just the sun or stars definitely seems like something that would be great to memorize. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if maybe 2 out of 100 people today can do that, but probably should learn how to because sh*t happens.
+7   

2 months ago '10        #21
kawgre12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 50667 50 K  Slaps total: 2683 2 K
I used to write them down instead of printing them out
+5   

2 months ago '18        #22
Demonmarcus 
Props total: 6204 6 K  Slaps total: 355 355
Crazy I was still using map quest like a little bit more than 10 years ago.....bittersweet memories with that sh*t
+4   

2 months ago '15        #23
Holdino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 65056 65 K  Slaps total: 6597 6 K
I had a Thomas guide for the town but the printed Mapquest directions on deck whenever I went OT. Before smartphones got smart
+3   

2 months ago '11        #24
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 45516 45 K  Slaps total: 6516 6 K
I've traveled by map a few times, but I always had someone with me. Would be way harder alone.
+1   

2 months ago '22        #25
AuthenticNC 
Props total: 1869 1 K  Slaps total: 113 113
Gps sometimes will have you drive out the way.... I needed to get somewhere for the first time and gps had me drive a hump when I could have went a whole easier way
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+47online now  47
Video inside Desi talks about going to Africa and being mesmerized by a woman he was..
62 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  37
YoungBoy makin bobby conspiracy relevant
197 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+42online now  27
salehe bembury 990v2