Cobra Kai Bosses Excited to Play in the 'John Hughes Universe' With Ferris Bueller Spinoff

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
688 page views
14 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x173
Props total: 218468 218 K  Slaps total: 8042 8 K
Cobra Kai Bosses Excited to Play in the 'John Hughes Universe' With Ferris Bueller Spinoff

"Cobra Kai creators Josh Heald, Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg reveal their eagerness to dive into the teen comedy world of John Hughes for their upcoming Ferris Bueller's Day Off spinoff series.

The three Cobra Kai bosses sat down with Deadline to discuss potential delays surrounding Cobra Kai's sixth season and what they've been working on lately. "And as for the Ferris Bueller project, we are so excited about that project which we're producing," Hurwitz said. "We have a great writer, Bill Posley, who's worked on Cobra Kai with us, who we love and he has an awesome take on it. It's exciting to dip into the John Hughes universe, but see a side of that world that we haven't seen with these characters, Sam and Victor, who were the valets in the original Ferris Bueller movie."

The Story of Ferris Bueller's Ferrari-Joyriding Valets

Officially titled Sam and Victor's Day Off, the upcoming spinoff focuses on the titular duo of valets who take Cameron's dad's Ferrari for a spin. The events of the series take place on the same day as Ferris Bueller but are told from a different perspective. "The three of us are suckers for side characters in general and love to see what's going on in their worlds, so that's going to be a fun one when we get to it," Hurwitz said.

Hurwitz, who called himself a "child of the 1980s," doesn't plan to ruin Hughes' iconic film. "We love and respect movies that everyone talks about being untouchable, and this isn't looking to touch or mess with Ferris Bueller's Day Off in any way," the Cobra Kai creator stated. Paramount Pictures announced its collaboration with the Cobra Kai bosses for the Ferris Bueller spinoff on Aug. 19, 2022. While the original 1986 film never received a sequel, NBC produced a sitcom in 1990 based on Hughes' acclaimed flick. The short-lived series, simply titled Ferris Bueller, saw Charlie Schlatter as the title character and notably featured a pre-Friends Jennifer Aniston as his sister, Jeanie.

Of course, Sam and Victor's Day Off isn't the first time its creators adapted a television series from a popular 1980s film. After all, Cobra Kai picked up the Karate Kid storyline 34 years after the events of the original film, which leaves fans wondering if they should expect the same feel from the upcoming Ferris Bueller spinoff. "Cobra Kai started with a point-of-view that you haven't seen," Heald said. "If things work out with this [Sam and Victor's Day Off], it would be similar."

Sam and Victor's Day Off currently has no release date. All five seasons of Cobra Kai are available to stream exclusively on Netflix."

visit this link https://www.cbr.com/cobra .. eller-spinoff/
+3   

best
worst
14 comments

2 months ago '22        #2
ITookTheRedPill 
Props total: 4208 4 K  Slaps total: 2918 2 K
Not gonna work. Not enough material. We want cobra kai not this.
+5   

2 months ago '07        #3
tacuna 320 
Props total: 15478 15 K  Slaps total: 2692 2 K
I'm not gonna lie I like the concept I just don't think they can pull it off
+1   

2 months ago '14        #4
Bill Wallace  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 26690 26 K  Slaps total: 1478 1 K

+4   

2 months ago '06        #5
DonYBE 
Props total: 24786 24 K  Slaps total: 2301 2 K
I'm not too sure if this one can work.

2 months ago '04        #6
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44074 44 K  Slaps total: 6369 6 K
 DonYBE said
I'm not too sure if this one can work.
They said the same about Cobra Kai back when it was released as a youtube originals... foh. Yall do that on here a lot and end up looking stupid.. smh.

2 months ago '04        #7
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44074 44 K  Slaps total: 6369 6 K

+5   

2 months ago '07        #8
killacar 
Props total: 24288 24 K  Slaps total: 1459 1 K
 marcchrome said
They said the same about Cobra Kai back when it was released as a youtube originals... foh. Yall do that on here a lot and end up looking stupid.. smh.
Tbf Cobra Kai does make more sense, basing a show off Bueller taking a day off just seems off.....but just basing off the characters alone can work tho, we'll see, hope it's interesting at least
+1   

2 months ago '13        #9
Facts B  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43755 43 K  Slaps total: 4594 4 K
Why not do a Ferris Bueller follow up series? I think it would be dope to see how they are living now and if their kids are as wild as they was.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #10
ReddBoss 
Props total: 1855 1 K  Slaps total: 32 32
They tried this back in the day. Show lasted one season

2 months ago '06        #11
DonYBE 
Props total: 24786 24 K  Slaps total: 2301 2 K
 marcchrome said
First I want to say that I always knew Cobra Kai was going to be a success even when people were calling it cringe and always defended it from the same people when it was in YouTube Red.

Cobra Kai was an integral part of 2 movies in a franchise, as well as brought back the main character of the original movie (Ralph Macchio) to play off of. Cobra Kai were true antagonists of the movies, the guys were just side characters in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Unless they plan on bringing back Matthew Broderick, it's doesn't sound too appetizing. All nostalgia is not good nostalgia.

They would have a better chance at success either doing a true Ferris Bueller sequel where he plays hooky from work like they originally planned before, or even a case where Ferris has a son and they both play hooky from school and work.

Last edited by DonYBE; 09-26-2022 at 07:23 AM..
+2   

2 months ago '20        #12
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 35223 35 K  Slaps total: 2545 2 K
Ferris Bueller is fu*king awesome but...Sometimes the classics are best left alone...

Parker Lewis Can't Lose was also my sh*t that was closest in vein to Ferris...

I have a feeling they're gonna try this with "Weird Science" too smh
+1   

2 months ago '17        #13
Drewsmit 
Props total: 32432 32 K  Slaps total: 4132 4 K
This movie ruined Ferris cool 80’s imagine for me

2 months ago '07        #14
joshdogg26  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29265 29 K  Slaps total: 3475 3 K
I thought cobra kai was getting lame af and corny the last couple seasons but ngl the end of season 5 was crazy lol

2 months ago '05        #15
blackninja 
Props total: 30227 30 K  Slaps total: 3065 3 K
They are going to focus on a good story that the believe would win regardless of it being tied to Ferris. The Ferris part is just a prompt that will be the icing on the cake and makes it noteworthy from jump.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+102online now  15
[Workout] The difference between a weightlifter and a bodybuilder
99 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+17online now  13
Image(s) inside What Books Are Yall Reading Right Now
78 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  10
Rick ross signs fat trel to be back on maybach music group label!
38 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+39online now  8
Video inside Ice T EXPOSES JAY Z “99 Problems” if I wanna use your music I’mma let p..
122 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy