Sep 25 - Hertz Is Still Having Rental Car Customers Wrongfully Arrested, Lawsuit Claims

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '22        #1
1487 page views
20 comments

Dick2Gutta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 12545 12 K  Slaps total: 900 900
Sep 25 - Hertz Is Still Having Rental Car Customers Wrongfully Arrested, Lawsuit Claims

visit this link https://www.msn.com/en-us .. 18a6b1ca139439

The Hertz saga of arresting paying customers for legally rented cars reported as stolen has not ended, even after the company filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2020. A lawsuit filed by five Hertz customers alleges that they were stopped by police and held at gunpoint for driving rented vehicles that the company reported as stolen, after the company filed for bankruptcy.

Superior Court on Tuesday. The five Hertz customers named in the suit faced wrongful arrest for driving legitimately rented vehicles. This is a problem that has persisted with Hertz since 2015, with at least 300 cases of wrongfully arrested customers, according to the plaintiff’s lawyer. Most of those cases were bundled into bankruptcy proceedings. These appear to be the first claims since the company emerged from bankruptcy in June 2021.

New Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr admitted that customers were wrongly arrested after years of denials from the company. The company claims that the false arrests were a result of the old company that collapsed in bankruptcy, claims that are clearly being challenged by these allegations. A Hertz spokesperson said that almost 60 confidential settlement offers have been sent to folks “who had a negative experience with our company.” Apparently, the company is processing claims as quickly as possible and wants to make progress in the coming months.

The suit by the five customers claims negligence, false arrest, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Lawyers for the customers say that the criminal theft reports are a way to recover lost inventory and that the inventory mismanagement is hurting customers and wasting the time of law enforcement. Hertz reported that it files at least 3,365 theft reports against customers each year.

Claimants of wrongful arrest suits before the bankruptcy are left f*ghting a shell company left behind to handle the remaining debts of Hertz.
+6   

best
worst
20 comments

2 months ago '22        #2
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 10946 10 K  Slaps total: 2839 2 K
hertz is the worst thing that ever happened to car rentals
+19   

2 months ago '19        #3
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 42431 42 K  Slaps total: 5078 5 K
My buddy got spike stripped in a car he had a rental agreement for

His reputation lead to that response but still
+11   

2 months ago '14        #4
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 179949 179 K  Slaps total: 39576 39 K
Once a symbol for hope and prosperity

+36   

2 months ago '04        #5
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 43107 43 K  Slaps total: 4417 4 K
fu*k hertz.
+3   

2 months ago '20        #6
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 35220 35 K  Slaps total: 2545 2 K
 strungout said
Once a symbol for hope and prosperity

Those commercials were classics OJ was hurdling them bags yo
+11   

2 months ago '05        #7
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 24536 24 K  Slaps total: 8053 8 K
with at least 300 cases of wrongfully arrested customers,
+5   

2 months ago '15        #8
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37131 37 K  Slaps total: 11481 11 K
Glad someone didn't die because of this
+7   

2 months ago '04        #9
synopsis03|m 
Props total: 1610 1 K  Slaps total: 136 136
this sh*t happened to me along time ago didn't realize it was happening to other people. Me and my cousin had to sit in a precinct cell for a whole day cause the car company took they sweet time responding to the police. They ignored all our rental paper work and wanted confirmation from the company who reported the car stolen when someone who rented it before us was late returning it and they never called back to report that it wasn't stolen
+19   

2 months ago '22        #10
92bricks9shots 
Props total: 1664 1 K  Slaps total: 172 172
 synopsis03 said
this sh*t happened to me along time ago didn't realize it was happening to other people. Me and my cousin had to sit in a precinct cell for a whole day cause the car company took they sweet time responding to the police. They ignored all our rental paper work and wanted confirmation from the company who reported the car stolen when someone who rented it before us was late returning it and they never called back to report that it wasn't stolen
Did you sue?
+5   

2 months ago '16        #11
Teknicks 
Props total: 44100 44 K  Slaps total: 8040 8 K
 synopsis03 said
You sued right?
+4   

2 months ago '04        #12
synopsis03|m 
 Teknicks said
You sued right?
 92bricks9shots said
Did you sue?
na i called the company once we got out it honestly just seemed like the normal racist sh*t that happens to n*ggas so we aint even think about sueing just a day in the life being black the company looked out for a few years which kinda seemed like a set up at the time lol but can't front took full advantage for about 5 years haven't rented a car in a long time but the last time i checked i still have some kinda discounted rate now that i see this article i realize i shoulda sued
+16   

2 months ago '05        #13
pippen33 
Props total: 50322 50 K  Slaps total: 4224 4 K
 synopsis03 said
na i called the company once we got out it honestly just seemed like the normal racist sh*t that happens to n*ggas so we aint even think about sueing just a day in the life being black the company looked out for a few years which kinda seemed like a set up at the time lol but can't front took full advantage for about 5 years haven't rented a car in a long time but the last time i checked i still have some kinda discounted rate now that i see this article i realize i shoulda sued
Its only allowed to be normal if you don't f*ght back. You should have sued.

Actually it seems there may be a class action suit that you can be a part of.

Last edited by pippen33; 09-26-2022 at 12:47 PM..
+7   

2 months ago '04        #14
synopsis03|m 
 pippen33 said
Its only allowed to be normal if you don't f*ght back. You should have sued.

Actually it seems there may be a class action suit that you can be a part of.
yea them class actions don't pay much tho I'm in a great place in life and I'm sure my situation was on the milder side compared to other people that had this happen i mean the cops treated me like sh*t but they still trusted me to drive the stolen car behind them to the precinct lol im sure other people effected ain't have that same luxury and probably had a worst experience i rather them get what they can instead of me hopping in and watering down they splits
+2   

2 months ago '17        #15
DeadendBoy 
Props total: 20449 20 K  Slaps total: 2243 2 K
Idk how I missed this. I’m a Hertz gold member (which really don’t mean sh*t) and planned to rent with them in November. Wow

2 months ago '17        #16
DeadendBoy 
Props total: 20449 20 K  Slaps total: 2243 2 K
 synopsis03 said
yea them class actions don't pay much tho I'm in a great place in life and I'm sure my situation was on the milder side compared to other people that had this happen i mean the cops treated me like sh*t but they still trusted me to drive the stolen car behind them to the precinct lol im sure other people effected ain't have that same luxury and probably had a worst experience i rather them get what they can instead of me hopping in and watering down they splits

I ain’t gone lie you must be in a really good place bc I wouldn’t have let this go not one iota
+3   

2 months ago '05        #17
pippen33 
Props total: 50322 50 K  Slaps total: 4224 4 K
 synopsis03 said
People richer than any of us sue companies/people all the time. It's not always bettering your life but it's about holding people accountable.

Guarantee if Bezos or Gates kids got arrested for some bullsh*t that they would sue..They aint letting sh*t go because their in a good place.

We can't let sh*t like that go.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #18
kaydigi 
Props total: 194 194  Slaps total: 29 29
Fly a plane through their corporate headquarters

2 months ago '17        #19
Poncho520 
Props total: 30079 30 K  Slaps total: 1978 1 K
 synopsis03 said
Might be a class action you could get apiece of

2 months ago '18        #20
YouSmokeReggie 
Props total: 11933 11 K  Slaps total: 1388 1 K
Hertz…

Name checks out
+1   

2 months ago '04        #21
buck1623 
Props total: 1432 1 K  Slaps total: 429 429
 synopsis03 said
Real tall white people don’t understand how many(middle class or above black people think like this) black people think this way and when we half to explain that sh*t is racist but we don’t let it affect us it just is what it is and that’s why sometimes we have a hard time pinpointing sh*t but we know fk sh*t when we see it.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  11
Image(s) inside What Books Are Yall Reading Right Now
78 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  10
Rick ross signs fat trel to be back on maybach music group label!
34 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+102online now  6
[Workout] The difference between a weightlifter and a bodybuilder
99 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  3
11/26.....survivor series war games