Sep 25 - Zelensky ‘shocked’ by lack of Israeli defense support: ‘They gave us nothing’

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
100 replies  @movies

most viewed right now
-44  87
24 replies  @interesting

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '11        #1
1777 page views
45 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 197572 197 K  Slaps total: 26782 26 K
Sep 25 - Zelensky ‘shocked’ by lack of Israeli defense support: ‘They gave us nothing’

Ukrainian leader complains of Jerusalem’s refusal to provide air defense systems to his country, indicates its leaders have been disingenuous

Ukrainian president Vlodomyr Zelensky complained in an interview Friday that Israel had given his country “nothing” to help it defend itself, indicating that its leaders had been disingenuous in rejecting his requests for air defense systems.

“Israel gave us nothing. Nothing, zero,” Zelensky told France’s TV5Monde. “I understand they are in a difficult situation with Syria, with Russia.”

Though it has sent humanitarian aid to Ukraine, Israel has repeatedly rebuffed Kyiv’s requests for defense weapons, specifically missile defense systems that could be used to fend off Russian airstrikes, despite expressing sympathy for the country’s plight.

The refusal is seen as an attempt by Jerusalem to maintain working ties with Moscow, due to Russia’s control of Syrian air space, where Israel’s air force has carried out hundreds of sorties against alleged Iranian arms shipments and in order to keep groups backed by Tehran from establishing a foothold.

Russia has largely turned a blind eye to the Israeli air strikes, though ties between Jerusalem and Moscow have suffered as Israeli has condemned its invasion of its neighbor.

However, Zelensky, who said he spoke to Prime Minister Yair Lapid and his predecessor Naftali Bennett about air defense supplies, indicated that he was told the reason for the refusal was that Israel needed the batteries for its own protection.

;t=n7zosrYiI7tFyBwjiX3OlA
“I understand they need to defend their land, but then I got information from my intelligence services that Israel provides [the air defenses] in other countries. They can sell, they can export, which is why I am shocked.”

Israel keeps a lid on how many Iron Dome batteries it possesses and where they are deployed, but it has provided two of the systems to the US, which helped fund its development, and reports recently indicated a deal to sell batteries to Cyprus.

Reports in recent years have indicated plans to sell the system to other countries including the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Azerbaijan. Such reports have not materialized or have been denied by Israel.

The short-range missile defense system has been credited with intercepting thousands of rockets fired by Gazan terrorists, saving hundreds of lives and remaking the shape of Israel’s defense strategy.

On Friday, Reuters reported that Israel has sold another air defense system, Rafael’s SPYDER, to the UAE.

Israel says it has supported Ukraine by sending over 100 tons of humanitarian aid and setting up a field hospital in western Ukraine for six weeks at the start of the war. It also shipped 2,000 helmets and 500 flak jackets that the Defense Ministry said would be given to rescue forces and civilian organizations.

Earlier this month, The Times of Israel’s Hebrew sister site Zman Yisrael reported that an Israeli defense contractor was supplying anti-drone systems to Ukraine’s military by way of Poland.

The Ukrainian president, who is Jewish, expressed surprise in the French interview at Israel’s position, given the links between the two countries.

“You know there are many people in Ukraine of Jewish origin, and there are a lot of Ukrainians in Israel. How is it possible to have this attitude? I was shocked,” he said.

Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials have consistently pressed Israel on the issue since the Russian invasion on February 24.

“While Russia slaughters our citizens, the Israeli government remains in its comfort zone and refrains from providing Ukraine with minimal defensive a*sistance,” Ukraine’s ambassador to Israel, Yevgen Korniychuk, said in a Tel Aviv press conference in June.

In March, Zelensky brought up Iron Dome while addressing the Knesset.

“Everybody knows that your missile defense systems are the best,” he said by video feed. “You can definitely help our people, save the lives of Ukrainians.”

visit this link https://www.timesofisrael .. ve-us-nothing/
+1   

best
worst
45 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47821 47 K  Slaps total: 6707 6 K
fu*k Israel
+35   

2 months ago '22        #3
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 11601 11 K  Slaps total: 2956 2 K
this nucca ain't realize fake israel helping the russians yet evidence this is a big a*s play called transfer of wealth

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #4
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19225 19 K  Slaps total: 12455 12 K
Why does this guy believe everyone owes him? You know how many countries are at war currently and no one cares? I guess the world must stop when they are white.
+40   

2 months ago '11        #5
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 46137 46 K  Slaps total: 6588 6 K
 Lazy said
fu*k Israel
fu*k Israel and Ukraine for real
+24   

2 months ago '11        #6
 Booda Sack said
Why does this guy believe everyone owes him? You know how many countries are at war currently and no one cares? I guess the world must stop when they are white.
Im a*suming this is what was promised to them when all these "allies" were planning this proxy war, now folks falling back on their word.
+10   

2 months ago '12        #7
Di Warlord 
Props total: 28483 28 K  Slaps total: 1678 1 K
Zelensky says they're not helping at all

meanwhile Israel is giving them mad sh*t dude better chill out, how are you complaining when the entire white world is giving you free sh*t

sounding more and more like a homeless person asking for money and not food
+21   

2 months ago '05        #8
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 35943 35 K  Slaps total: 14448 14 K
Israel works with Russia on Syrian related terrorism defence matters. They need to play politics as a result.
+11   

2 months ago '05        #9
DatKidDex 
Props total: 2432 2 K  Slaps total: 418 418
It's sick because a lot of them Israelis are eastern European by ethnicity.. think about all the jews k*lled in Ukraine, Poland etc in WW2.
+6   

2 months ago '10        #10
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 28948 28 K  Slaps total: 4689 4 K
 Booda Sack said

People should care because Ukraine has a lot of natural gas I don’t know if you noticed but if you use gas in your house the price has doubled since the war started

2 months ago '12        #11
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 74671 74 K  Slaps total: 13542 13 K
 Di Warlord said

meanwhile Israel is giving them mad sh*t dude better chill out, how are you complaining when the entire white world is giving you free sh*t

This is why boxden doesn’t need a political section n*ggas are retarded lol. You think all that support is free because west nice? Lol

2 months ago '11        #12
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 24914 24 K  Slaps total: 3913 3 K
 Tony Franks said
fu*k Israel and Ukraine for real
Where's Russia in all this? fu*k Russia too if you're going to call them all out.
+5   

2 months ago '11        #13
Pakchoy 
Props total: 78165 78 K  Slaps total: 1308 1 K
 Booda Sack said
This. Israel dealing with their own sh*t and putting their own people first. I wish America would follow that example instead of putting everyone else first.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #14
Di Warlord 
Props total: 28483 28 K  Slaps total: 1678 1 K
 TrillSwag said
This is why boxden doesn’t need a political section n*ggas are retarded lol. You think all that support is free because west nice? Lol
that's not the point of what I said at all, dumbass

the article literally spelled out how much materiel support Ukraine has received from Israel, but Zelensky is lying saying that he's getting nothing from them

he's done the same to a few other European countries as well, like Germany for example
+1   

2 months ago '06        #15
nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 12550 12 K  Slaps total: 471 471
 Di Warlord said

aint none of that sh*t free, when they give "aid", really its a high interest loan
+1   

2 months ago '20        #16
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 75706 75 K  Slaps total: 13779 13 K
I kinda wish Israel would get involved in the mess to see how Russia would react

2 months ago '04        #17
7twelve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57018 57 K  Slaps total: 11860 11 K
Iono how they been holding up when Russia has way more soldiers.

I be know they got equipment because of other nations

This man wants peace now but for the last 16 errands he been begging for money each week. He annoying
+2   

2 months ago '17        #18
dubsax  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 66788 66 K  Slaps total: 5440 5 K
why?

there are probably more Jews in Russia than in Israel
+3   

2 months ago '04        #19
J.BEEZY 
Props total: 11565 11 K  Slaps total: 872 872
n*ggas wanna eat cuz they aint ate nothin
But n*ggas wanna leave when you say you out of mustard
+1   

2 months ago '17        #20
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x52
Props total: 119169 119 K  Slaps total: 33466 33 K
Israeli defense budget is America

They are helping you
+5   

2 months ago '11        #21
 SomeOnesoN said
Where's Russia in all this? fu*k Russia too if you're going to call them all out.
We not gifting Billions of dollars to Russia every year, so im not as worried about them. But definitely fu*k them too, Its likely fu*k me over there

2 months ago '20        #22
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 47066 47 K  Slaps total: 8404 8 K
Israel take take take, but never give

biggest freeloaders
+4   

2 months ago '22        #23
F0RTUN4T0 
Props total: 3237 3 K  Slaps total: 1055 1 K
 Di Warlord said

he feels entitled because he’s a jew
+1   

2 months ago '17        #24
Skrr 
Props total: 8549 8 K  Slaps total: 1474 1 K
ironic considering how hard Israel rides the US $ teat for it's own defense

2 months ago '20        #25
CopyCat 
Props total: 17148 17 K  Slaps total: 1640 1 K
I have feeling that Zelensky is being lied to by NATO. There's a reason why he's acting the way he is (even though I dislike the guy) but I have a feeling that they (The West + Israel) promised him some other things we're not privy to.
In the back of my head I had the feeling that Russia was trying to use the United States like a hitman to take out Russia but I also had the feeling Ukraine is being used to start a war with Russia at the behest of NATO.

To sum it all up. Some funny sh*t is going on all sides. Everybody's playing games with each other

Last edited by CopyCat; 09-25-2022 at 06:26 PM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+73online now  26
Crazy fact about the Dream Team
63 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+37online now  19
Video inside Y'all Copping Balenciaga 50% off ?
104 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  13
Dec 5 - U.S. employees getting lazy, "hustle culture" disappearing
220 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+65online now  12
Video inside Lizzo gets ethered x100 by BX incel