Verizon's New Total Prepaid Brand Aims for AT&T's Cricket, T-Mobile's Metro

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
38 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 months ago '22        #1
3615 page views
34 comments

Dick2Gutta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 12564 12 K  Slaps total: 900 900
Verizon's New Total Prepaid Brand Aims for AT&T's Cricket, T-Mobile's Metro

visit this link https://www.msn.com/en-us .. 29a10c5c4466d6

Verizon completed its purchase of prepaid provider Tracfone for $6 billion last year, and on Wednesday is set to make its biggest move in the space since then. Dubbed Total by Verizon, the nation's largest wireless carrier is adding a new prepaid brand to its stable that is designed to take on Metro by T-Mobile and AT&T's Cricket Wireless.

"I will tell you that right now our competitors are Metro and Cricket. I mean, I have no problem saying it," said Eduardo Diaz Corona, president and CEO of Tracfone Wireless. "And we believe we bring a lot more value to the table, and with the rollout of our exclusive stores we'll also enhance the experience that consumers are going to have."

The carrier says that the new Total brand will be available "at more than 50,000 retail locations, including Walmart, Target and Dollar General" as well as in special Total by Verizon retail stores and online. There will be four plan options, with the cheapest plan running $30 per month for a single line and including 5GB of high-speed data (after which you are slowed down to "2G speeds" though Verizon would not confirm just how slow these speeds are).

For $40 per month, you will get 15GB of high-speed data (again, slowed down to "2G speeds" if you exceed that allotment) while the $50 per month will move you to unlimited high-speed data to go along with 10GB of dedicated hotspot data, a six-month promo for Disney Plus and unlimited talk and text to "five countries of choice" out of a list of 69. These three plans all include unlimited talk and text in the US and the ability to connect to Verizon's 5G Nationwide network, the slower of the carrier's 5G options.

For $60 per month, you can get 20GB of dedicated hotspot data, the ability to connect to Verizon's fastest 5G Ultra Wideband networks, unlimited talk and text to 69 countries and will have Disney Plus bundled in. Each plan will allow you to add up to four additional lines, though it will be costly at $35 per line, per month for each extra one you add.

Verizon clarified on Thursday that for the 5GB plan, it will just be $30 per each additional line, per month.

Four lines of the cheapest 5GB per month option will run $120 per month at Total by Verizon while the priciest $60 per month unlimited option would be $165 per month for four lines ($60 for the first line, $105 for lines two through four).

Verizon says it will take "5% off all plans" if you set up "auto-refill" which automatically renews your service each month. As this is a prepaid option, there are no contracts and you pay for service in advance. The plans are also available with the Federal Communication Commission's Affordable Connectivity Program, which is a $30 monthly credit for eligible households that meet the government's requirements.

"What we want is that value-conscious consumer that wants a no-contract relationship, but at the same time, they care about the connectivity for the family," said Diaz Corona.

A crowded prepaid space
Rival prepaid options like T-Mobile's Metro by T-Mobile and AT&T's Cricket each operate their own stores around the country. Both prepaid alternatives also offer unlimited data plans with full access to their respective 5G networks for $100 per month for four lines, as well as 5GB options at $30 per month for a single line. Total by Verizon joins Tracfone, Verizon Prepaid and Visible as smaller Verizon-owned wireless brands.

Metro's top unlimited plan runs $120 per month for four lines and includes 15GB of hotspot data, a subscription to Amazon Prime, 100GB of Google One storage and a year of Vix Plus (TelevisaUnivision's Spanish-language streaming service). Cricket's top unlimited plan costs $130 per month and similarly has 15GB of dedicated hotspot data, a subscription to HBO Max with Ads and unlimited texting from the US to 37 countries.

In addition to Metro and Cricket there are a number of other prepaid options Total by Verizon will need to compete with. If you don't need unlimited data or family plans, Boost Mobile and Mint Mobile each have cheaper options available, particularly if you're a new customer.

Update, Sept. 22: Verizon will charge $30 for each additional line for those on the cheapest 5GB per month plan. Those on the $40 per month (or higher plans) will pay $35 per month, per line for each extra line they add. The story has been updated to reflect this.

+5   

best
worst
34 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 75656 75 K  Slaps total: 13775 13 K
Tmobile's plan is still cheaper @ I remember you saying you couldn't get the T-Mobile wireless 5g home internet at home but did you see if you could get the Verizon 5g wireless home internet ?

Last edited by Xiox; 09-23-2022 at 12:00 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '09        #3
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x91
Props total: 279574 279 K  Slaps total: 29917 29 K
 Xiox said
Tmobile's plan is still cheaper @ I remember you saying you couldn't get the T-Mobile wireless 5g home internet at home but did you see if you could get the Verizon 5g wireless home internet ?

verizon 5g home internet isnt available at the condo complex
+3   

2 months ago '05        #4
TCalico87 
Props total: 262 262  Slaps total: 12 12
I got 4 lines on Cricket for $100. All 5G and the only place ive had problems with it in North Atlanta/Sandy Springs area. Other than that, Its great. I'll never leave Cricket and I use to be an area account manager for Verizon. Im good over there and my $100 plan
+9   

2 months ago '20        #5
GunRack 
Props total: 14301 14 K  Slaps total: 1197 1 K
Anyone use Mint Mobile?
+6   

2 months ago '12        #6
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11091 11 K  Slaps total: 1586 1 K
I dead a*s didn't know prepaid was still a thing. Can't remember last time I saw a pre-paid commercial.

2 months ago '17        #7
Skrr 
Props total: 8543 8 K  Slaps total: 1470 1 K
is upgrading to 5g service worth the extra $20-30 a month?
+1   

2 months ago '09        #8
 Skrr said
is upgrading to 5g service worth the extra $20-30 a month?

it would be free if the telco cartel didnt rack up hundreds of billions in debt with the nonstop acquisitions and mergers

the verizon cartel has $136 billion debt
+5   

2 months ago '17        #9
Its 
Props total: 47614 47 K  Slaps total: 3537 3 K
Interesting
+2   

2 months ago '20        #10
lostOne 
Props total: 3261 3 K  Slaps total: 588 588
 GunRack said
Anyone use Mint Mobile?
Switched 3 months ago from VZ. my girl and I haven't had an issue
+1   

2 months ago '15        #11
nyzthoro 
Props total: 4636 4 K  Slaps total: 76 76
 halochicken said
I dead a*s didn't know prepaid was still a thing. Can't remember last time I saw a pre-paid commercial.
True. You don't see it advertised much, but it's solid. My kids plan is $38 after taxes with unlimited text/talk and 15GB data. I cop a phone during Black Friday to "upgrade".
+1   

2 months ago '17        #12
Yah123 
Props total: 942 942  Slaps total: 180 180
Honestly Verizon been over priced my 5g always fu*king up
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #13
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 68802 68 K  Slaps total: 39688 39 K
MessyMarv’s wheelhouse right here
+2   

2 months ago '08        #14
606robin 
Props total: 23509 23 K  Slaps total: 1420 1 K
Tmobile is awful over in Fort Worth, Texas. It was booming in Asia, but since I got back in the states. sh*t is a*s cheeks, when I had VZW prepaid it was fire 2 years back. Gonna move back to Verizon definitely. My work phone is VZW and sh*t stays connected.
+3   

2 months ago '12        #15
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11091 11 K  Slaps total: 1586 1 K
 nyzthoro said
True. You don't see it advertised much, but it's solid. My kids plan is $38 after taxes with unlimited text/talk and 15GB data. I cop a phone during Black Friday to "upgrade".
Nah yeah I'm in now way sh*tting on prepaid service. I'm just so out of touch my kids are all on my plan and I've been pretty much with the same number/service for about 12 years. The only thing that has changed was the plans when our plan became so out of date it was more cost effective for them to switch us.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #16
Stables08 
Props total: 27926 27 K  Slaps total: 5803 5 K
 TCalico87 said
I got 4 lines on Cricket for $100. All 5G and the only place ive had problems with it in North Atlanta/Sandy Springs area. Other than that, Its great. I'll never leave Cricket and I use to be an area account manager for Verizon. Im good over there and my $100 plan
When do you have prepaid instead of the regular service

2 months ago '22        #17
Blackberries 
Props total: 18728 18 K  Slaps total: 2569 2 K
Verizon or Nothing

+2   

2 months ago '09        #18
 Xiox said

i use about 50 -75 gb daily of free cox wifi hotspot. it dont work on the phone so i use the laptop and enable hotspot
+3   

2 months ago '20        #19
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 75656 75 K  Slaps total: 13775 13 K
 messy marv stan said
it would be free if the telco cartel didnt rack up hundreds of billions in debt with the nonstop acquisitions and mergers

the verizon cartel has $136 billion debt
They'll get some free infrastructure bill billions & will make zero upgrades while reducing their debt . Where is government to put a stop to the ?

Last edited by Xiox; 09-26-2022 at 02:49 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '12        #20
Klasicktha1 
Props total: 14435 14 K  Slaps total: 3166 3 K
sounds promising and I know Metro had a promotion where if you get the $60 unlimited plan they also pay for your Amazon Prime

2 months ago '10        #21
suddath 
Props total: 736 736  Slaps total: 70 70
You're crazy if you're still on a contract with the big carriers in this day and age. Straight Talk, Mint, etc are all so much cheaper and you should be getting the same coverage. Save that money on an insurance plan, get yourself an unlocked refurbished phone on backmarket.com and upgrade every year and still come out ahead.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #22
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 54769 54 K  Slaps total: 3361 3 K
US Mobile is also an under the radar Verizon based prepaid service

+1   

2 months ago '17        #23
INGOBERNABLES  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 12722 12 K  Slaps total: 1844 1 K
 suddath said
You're crazy if you're still on a contract with the big carriers in this day and age. Straight Talk, Mint, etc are all so much cheaper and you should be getting the same coverage. Save that money on an insurance plan, get yourself an unlocked refurbished phone on backmarket.com and upgrade every year and still come out ahead.
I’ve stayed with Verizon for about ten years just because it’s the most reliable in the Bay Area, I haven’t thought about doing prepaid until my bill hit $320 don’t worry I pay for YouTube tv on my line and I’m paying for an iPhone but coverage is still hella expensive. Once I pay off this iPhone I’ll probably slide over to t-mobile unless these pre-paid joint is decent
+1   

2 months ago '10        #24
suddath 
Props total: 736 736  Slaps total: 70 70
 INGOBERNABLES said
Iíve stayed with Verizon for about ten years just because itís the most reliable in the Bay Area, I havenít thought about doing prepaid until my bill hit $320 donít worry I pay for YouTube tv on my line and Iím paying for an iPhone but coverage is still hella expensive. Once I pay off this iPhone Iíll probably slide over to t-mobile unless these pre-paid joint is decent
Once you pay off that phone and aren't on contract, you can use Straight Talk or Mint and just let them know it's a Verizon phone. It will still use Verizon's network and your bill will be around $50/mo. They just pre-purchase data from Verizon at a discount and resell it. Same coverage.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #25
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 51962 51 K  Slaps total: 2301 2 K
 halochicken said
Prepaid is the way to go when people be going to Vegas doin they dirt. Bish I met out there hipped me to it. Buy one of the cheapest lil burner phones then drop that sh!t in the trash at the airport before you bounce.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+35online now  24
[Health] Surprise Surprise Liver King is not natty
63 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+18online now  22
These kids are wild
220 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  19
San Francisco Police Department Activates Skynet, Will Deploy Robots To k*ll C..
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+45online now  5
Video inside Who still doing Cocaine in 2022 & 2023?
309 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy