Sep 22 - 4 day workweek brings no loss in productivity, companies in experiment say

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 days ago '05        #1
1331 page views
42 comments

stanis3k  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 6484 6 K  Slaps total: 586 586
Sep 22 - 4 day workweek brings no loss in productivity, companies in experiment say

More than 70 companies in Britain are undergoing a six-month experiment in which their employees get a paid day off each week. So far, most companies say it's going well. SpzToid shares a report:

Most of the companies participating in a four-day workweek pilot program in Britain said they had seen no loss of productivity during the experiment, and in some cases had seen a significant improvement, according to a survey of participants published on Wednesday. Nearly halfway into the six-month trial, in which employees at 73 companies get a paid day off weekly, 35 of the 41 companies that responded to a survey said they were "likely" or "extremely likely" to consider continuing the four-day workweek beyond the end of the trial in late November. All but two of the 41 companies said productivity was either the same or had improved. Remarkably, six companies said productivity had significantly improved. Talk of a four-day workweek has been around for decades.

In 1956, then-Vice President Richard M. Nixon said he foresaw it in the "not too distant future," though it has not materialized on any large scale. But changes in the workplace over the coronavirus pandemic around remote and hybrid work have given momentum to questions about other aspects of work. Are we working five days a week just because we have done it that way for more than a century, or is it really the best way? Some leaders of companies in the trial said the four-day week had given employees more time to exercise, cook, spend time with their families and take up hobbies, boosting their well-being and making them more energized and productive when they were on the clock. Critics, however, worried about added costs and reduced competitiveness, especially when many European companies are already lagging rivals in other regions. More than 3,300 workers in banks, marketing, health care, financial services, retail, hospitality and other industries in Britain are taking part in the pilot, which is one of the largest studies to date, according to Jack Kellam, a researcher at Autonomy, a think tank that is one of the organizers of the trial.

visit this link https://www.msn.com/en-us .. ay/ar-AA127KgK
+15   

best
worst
42 comments

3 days ago '06        #2
dagreat1_87 
Props total: 26674 26 K  Slaps total: 1255 1 K
i can believe it. I bullsh*t at minimum 1-2 days a week during work and am still a high performer. I already consider friday an "errand" day to begin with cuz of how little i do
+39   

3 days ago '17        #3
Kingz2 
Props total: 47255 47 K  Slaps total: 4371 4 K
Yeah I see that I usually BS on Fridays anyway unless something important comes up that needs to be done by Monday and even then it only takes about 3-4 hours to complete
+10   

3 days ago '21        #4
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35370 35 K  Slaps total: 8729 8 K
I need a 3 day weekend.

Students would be more productive too.
+13   

3 days ago '04        #5
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 32790 32 K  Slaps total: 5690 5 K
the ppl from work dont hit u up on one of those three off days? my line of job, theres no guaranteed saturdays and sundays undisturbed so if i can even secure one peaceful day where i dont have to stay plugged in...

kudos to the companies testing the waters with this sh!t tho. even if im not benefitting from it right now i think its the right direction. and even if my organization will prolly be last in line to implement this...
+6   

3 days ago '11        #6
0ddJoB 
Props total: 8482 8 K  Slaps total: 5304 5 K
More money for those if us who like their job . Suit yourself

3 days ago '22        #7
RockyIII 
Props total: 767 767  Slaps total: 319 319
 0ddJoB said
More money for those if us who like their job . Suit yourself
Obviously reading is difficult.. they have that as a PAID day off
+22   

3 days ago '10        #8
ClustyMolecules 
Props total: 12856 12 K  Slaps total: 719 719
My job does half day fridays. Get done at 1pm. Been there 11 years, I couldn’t imagine having to work a full Friday
+12   

3 days ago '05        #9
dblockallday 
Props total: 4892 4 K  Slaps total: 755 755
this would never work with physical labor jobs but for offices where people are d*cking around most of the time anyways - sure they could probably get the same output in 2 days.
+8   

3 days ago '18        #10
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 73239 73 K  Slaps total: 24397 24 K
Would you guys do four 16 hour shifts for 4 days to get 3 days off back to back?

3 days ago '11        #11
0ddJoB 
Props total: 8482 8 K  Slaps total: 5304 5 K
 RockyIII said
Obviously reading is difficult.. they have that as a PAID day off
Right but it becomes available for us who will work that day, an overtime day. Smart a*s

3 days ago '06        #12
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41461 41 K  Slaps total: 11582 11 K
So did they keep the work day at 8 hours or increase it to 10 hour days?
+8   

3 days ago '08        #13
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 14922 14 K  Slaps total: 2283 2 K
California will be passing the 4 day work week next year
+3   

3 days ago '12        #14
Gramz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 92375 92 K  Slaps total: 5435 5 K
 Tlatoani said
I need a 3 day weekend.

Students would be more productive too.
They're doing that in plenty of Colorado's districts.

You have some little piece of sh*t in Lauren Boebert arguing against public school funding and teachers' unions as well, so portions of the state aren't perfect tho.
+2   

3 days ago '09        #15
ahmadou1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 93671 93 K  Slaps total: 6384 6 K
Ever since WFH i d*ck around majority of my days and still am good.
I think giving people the option of friday or monday off will def help the mental health of people... MF's realizing that there's more to life than slaving for 5 days just to get 2 off.. weekend is too short.
+12   

3 days ago '17        #16
dubsax  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 64366 64 K  Slaps total: 5261 5 K
fact

we alternate and do 5 8hr days one week then 4 10 the next

I always get more done on the 4 /10 week than the 5/8 week

The fridays we work are pay days for my group

We do it to free up more parking for the weekends
+4   

3 days ago '21        #17
99LB 
Props total: 984 984  Slaps total: 172 172
 dblockallday said
this would never work with physical labor jobs but for offices where people are d*cking around most of the time anyways - sure they could probably get the same output in 2 days.
Yes it can in some physical gigs. Back when I worked physical labor most of us would bullsh*t as much as possible on Monday n Friday and coast a lil during the week too.

On Monday folks would say "slow down we got all week" on Friday it was "cool out, this sh*t gone still be here Monday"

My last job (over a decade ago) had half days on Saturday if you was on day shift and all the work was done (we had to alternate between the two shifts every 4 weeks. 12 hour shifts). You should've seen how productive even the laziest muthafu*kas got after bullsh*ttin all damn week
+5   

3 days ago '06        #18
Curtisimo 
Props total: 6466 6 K  Slaps total: 1506 1 K
My job does 4 day work week but technically the day off is called a remote work day. My Co teacher is off mondays I'm off Fridays.

It's nice to get a day to just do paperwork though. You feel like you got a real weekend to chill instead of catching up on work you didn't have time for in the week because your teaching most of the day.

But it's pilot program. Hopefully it stays.
+4   

3 days ago '18        #19
dacoolestg 
Props total: 22889 22 K  Slaps total: 2825 2 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Would you guys do four 16 hour shifts for 4 days to get 3 days off back to back?
hellllll fu*kin no id prob go fu*kin insane plus i need to medicate during my shifts 16 hours would not do
+1   

3 days ago '17        #20
mosaicmonk 
Props total: 558 558  Slaps total: 270 270
not in AMERICA. America gone squeeze the tears out cha azz
+6   

3 days ago '06        #21
jccd5. 
Props total: 7342 7 K  Slaps total: 734 734
 0ddJoB said
Right but it becomes available for us who will work that day, an overtime day. Smart a*s
If you on Salary it don't make a difference, hours and overtime concerned
+8   

3 days ago '16        #22
Homer Pimpson 
Props total: 46150 46 K  Slaps total: 9569 9 K
I work half days almost everyday

WFH a true blessing
+4   

3 days ago '14        #23
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34013 34 K  Slaps total: 1400 1 K
 Homer Pimpson said
I work half days almost everyday

WFH a true blessing
What do you do?

Currently seeking the same, work from home but isn’t as easy to obtain.
+3   

3 days ago '07        #24
Funeral James 
Props total: 3507 3 K  Slaps total: 548 548
 Oswaldgatesjr said
nurses work 3 12 hour shifts and get 4 days off, so yes.

3 days ago '21        #25
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35370 35 K  Slaps total: 8729 8 K
 Gramz said
They're doing that in plenty of Colorado's districts.

You have some little piece of sh*t in Lauren Boebert arguing against public school funding and teachers' unions as well, so portions of the state aren't perfect tho.
It's being done in certain parts of MO only because of a teacher shortage.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Will Young Americans Want to Work in Semiconductor Manufacturing?
41 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+19online now  11
Video inside This is fuwtcha of electric vehicles. lol.
89 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+177online now  9
Video inside “LA k*lled more Rappers than any other city, I WILL NOT check in”
191 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside G-Unit Wanted His Butt