AK's comments about Old Heads prove why this is so necessary

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

6 days ago '17        #1
577 page views
10 comments

GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66
Props total: 77268 77 K  Slaps total: 9728 9 K
AK's comments about Old Heads prove why this is so necessary

First off fu*k AK's fat fu*king a*s, that said, we can't ignore the fact that the game was very different when our legends were young heads. Matter of fact there wasn't a "game" per say it really was just the Wild Wild West with everyone trying to figure out the game as they went along. As a result, a lot of dirty things happened to them but with that, a lot of positive things happened too. The younger generation got a chance to see what happened to their idols and decided to really learn the game. And once they did they started "overcharging n*ggas for what they did to the Cold Crush" and of course the rest is history.

But we also forgot the ones who made it possible....until now "Chuck D And Kurtis Blow Form The Hip Hop Alliance, Rap’s First Official Union

Rap icons Chuck D, Kurtis Blow, and more have banded together to spearhead The Hip Hop Alliance, which is billed as the first-ever union in the culture’s history.

Founded by Chuck D, Kurtis Blow, and Doug E. Fresh, The Hip Hop Alliance is described as a non-profit organization whose “mission is to f*ght for fair wages, fair royalties, strong health and retirement benefits for artists in the Hip Hop and R&B community.”

With Chuck D and Kurtis Blow serving as president and vice president, respectively, Doug E. Fresh is the organization’s vice chairman, with KRS-One as chairman. Other rap legends on the union’s advisory board include Slick Rick, Willie D, DJ Scratch, DJ Hollywood, DJ Cassidy, Davy DMX, GrandWizzard Theodore, and Alonzo Williams, among others."

visit this link https://www.vibe.com/news .. on-1234681541/

Forgive me if ya'll might've seen this already but AK's disrespectful comments made me search to see if Hip Hop had a Union and to my surprise it looks like Hip Hop does.
+10   

best
worst
10 comments

6 days ago '12        #2
BangEm904 
Props total: 31550 31 K  Slaps total: 1607 1 K
As far as hip hop has come, its no reason for blacks to not own the culture. No rapper should be gettin canceled for sh*t they say. Jewish people in suits shouldn't be running sh*t, telling these rappers what to do and how to act

There should be a black equivalent for every major label - Universal, Sony, Atlantic etc

Any black independent label always had to partner with a major, when black labels should be the majors

Biggest genre in the world and we dont even own it
+13   

6 days ago '17        #3
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66 OP
 BangEm904 said
As far as hip hop has come, its no reason for blacks to not own the culture. No rapper should be gettin canceled for sh*t they say. Jewish people in suits shouldn't be running sh*t, telling these rappers what to do and how to act

There should be a black equivalent for every major label - Universal, Sony, Atlantic etc

Any black independent label always had to partner with a major, when black labels should be the majors

I mean I agree. I think though we need to put certain things into perspective, the majors you mentioned are older than Hip Hop. So they had a head start that Hip Hop didn't have. That said I do believe there is still time to course correct and change that. Will it happen now, probably not but with the amount of new Black Billionaires that are coming up I do believe that it's only a matter of time before one of them gets sick of these folks are decides to give them some competition. And when that happens it's over for the other side.
+6   

6 days ago '12        #4
BangEm904 
 GodBody said
I mean I agree. I think though we need to put certain things into perspective, the majors you mentioned are older than Hip Hop. So they had a head start that Hip Hop didn't have. That said I do believe there is still time to course correct and change that. Will it happen now, probably not but with the amount of new Black Billionaires that are coming up I do believe that it's only a matter of time before one of them gets sick of these folks are decides to give them some competition. And when that happens it's over for the other side.
You right, they had a head start but all these millions these rappers have made, they coulda pooled money and resources together
I know its easier said than done but still
+3   

6 days ago '11        #5
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 91163 91 K  Slaps total: 15446 15 K
 BangEm904 said

cause we sell it out every chance we get soon as they wave a check
+3   

6 days ago '17        #6
 BangEm904 said
You right, they had a head start but all these millions these rappers have made, they coulda pooled money and resources together
I know its easier said than done but still
Again you not going to get not debate or argument out of me. I agree 100%. That said we also don't know what kind've conversations were being had about this topic behind the scene and if some action did take place. For example the JPrince, Suge and Irv story about creating a distribution company. How much of that is true vs how much of it is Hip Hop Folklore we'll never know.
+1   

6 days ago '14        #7
Sphynx 
Props total: 120221 120 K  Slaps total: 29700 29 K
They'd be a lot better off if 90% of 70s and 80s rap didn't sound like sh*t today
+1   

6 days ago '17        #8
 Sphynx said
They'd be a lot better off if 90% of 70s and 80s rap didn't sound like sh*t today
Well, not a lot of songs last the test of time. That said there are artists from that time period which are still very much respected. Public Enemy for Example can tour forever if they wanted. So can Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, etc etc. The bigger question is how will the artists that you love now age 30 or 40 years from now? That is if they even are alive to make to see that 2062 with the types of lifestyles these young n*ggas are living.
+1   

6 days ago '12        #9
BangEm904 
 GodBody said
Again you not going to get not debate or argument out of me. I agree 100%. That said we also don't know what kind've conversations were being had about this topic behind the scene and if some action did take place. For example the JPrince, Suge and Irv story about creating a distribution company. How much of that is true vs how much of it is Hip Hop Folklore we'll never know.
Debate or argument why? I said "you right" i agree n*gga
+2   

5 days ago '21        #10
SHAMPOOO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9476 9 K  Slaps total: 4019 4 K
 BangEm904 said

Yea, it's too late for all that...
A "protected" group Owns it, an Organized Criminal group Runs it and the So-Called Originators are just the Billboard/Workers of it!
+1   

5 days ago '07        #11
Mr.Green E.U.I. 
Props total: 4472 4 K  Slaps total: 762 762
Hip hop was sold to the weird ppl a long time ago

Which is why it’s the only genre that sh*ts on its pioneers and peers beefing with each other is celebrated

All weird rappers get the strongest promotion and so on

Black folk think it’s ours buts it’s used against us

Another tool of w/s
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+107online now  49
Tony Yayo GOES OFF On MATH HOFFA! “STOP ASKING CLICKBAIT Questions n*gga!”
206 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+76online now  32
Video inside Mase x Cam’ron x Jadakiss in the studio cooking up
89 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  32
Video inside PNB Rock says he'll never be robbed
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Hurricane Ian.. Florida Yall prepared?
240 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy