Ben Simmons first interview since leaving Philly | JJ Redick Podcast

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 weeks ago '18        #1
2272 page views
50 comments

Ruga's Rib Shack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 27928 27 K  Slaps total: 5111 5 K
Ben Simmons first interview since leaving Philly | JJ Red*ck Podcast

Last edited by Ruga's Rib Shack; 09-22-2022 at 05:31 AM..
+8   

best
worst
50 comments

2 weeks ago '18        #2
back1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16836 16 K  Slaps total: 6173 6 K
placeholder
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
BLACK FIST 
Props total: 69006 69 K  Slaps total: 10706 10 K
stopgap

2 weeks ago '10        #4
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 120495 120 K  Slaps total: 24816 24 K
I told y’all for years

“I have an apartment there, so I have some real estate there”

+9   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '14        #5
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 122292 122 K  Slaps total: 43268 43 K
Brooklyn will be much more relaxed for him, them fans dont give a sh*t what happens. The Knicks would be a different story
+27   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
Ruga's Rib Shack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20 OP
Props total: 27928 27 K  Slaps total: 5111 5 K
 back1 said
placeholder
 BLACK FIST said
stopgap
Full thang up now
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #7
Mental Illness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 49070 49 K  Slaps total: 31325 31 K
That's my point guard
+5   

2 weeks ago '10        #8
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 120495 120 K  Slaps total: 24816 24 K
 Mental Illness said
That's my point guard

I want to frame this post

Perfect
+17   

2 weeks ago '15        #9
TalibanDread 
Props total: 57792 57 K  Slaps total: 5602 5 K
fu*k this Joey

2 weeks ago '19        #10
 Nautilus O said

Perfect
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #11
ZigZag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 54048 54 K  Slaps total: 12891 12 K
 Nautilus O said

Perfect
Mental Illness.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #12
Doc Mobster  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x69
Props total: 214152 214 K  Slaps total: 51677 51 K
 215Philly said
Brooklyn will be much more relaxed for him, them fans dont give a sh*t what happens. The Knicks would be a different story
It’s called being happy to be involved.

This ain’t Philly or Manhattan.

What they have in Brooklyn are called supporters, not fans.
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #13
 ZigZag said
Mental Illness.
Don't mental illness shame, we are people too @

2 weeks ago '17        #14
DeadendBoy 
Props total: 19595 19 K  Slaps total: 2173 2 K
 Nautilus O said
I told y’all for years

“I have an apartment there, so I have some real estate there”

These dumb a*s athletes always tell on themselves

2 weeks ago '16        #15
Vega  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20258 20 K  Slaps total: 3124 3 K
ESPN would k*ll for this interview. JJ embarrassing all of traditional sports media

+21   

2 weeks ago '16        #16
Replicate45 
Props total: 18278 18 K  Slaps total: 2527 2 K
SB .470 #31 (-5)
JJ podcast has been one of the best and better than those who are on major platforms. The fact he's played on many different teams and has connections with former star players also works to his advantage.
+15   

2 weeks ago '11        #17
VicDutch 
Props total: 5000 5 K  Slaps total: 719 719
placeholder

2 weeks ago '09        #18
BrooklynStiles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 49136 49 K  Slaps total: 11688 11 K
Notes from Reddit:

On the Nets

- Broke down and had an emotional moment to himself when the trade to Brooklyn was announced. He didn't care about "who was getting traded for who"

- When asked if he’s going to shoot 3’s for the Nets this season, he says he needs to.

- He is excited and enthusiastic to start the season and play with KD, Kai, Joe, Royce and everybody else on the squad. Says if they can get it all together then they are going to be champions. "The team is unbelievable".
He believes that this Nets team is like “Philly on steroids” (Referring to the 18/19 Sixers with JJ)

- Says the Nets are a great fit for what he does and what he brings to the game. “The type of players that we have, we are going to be able to run the floor easily. You know we got Claxton, who moves incredibly well. Kev, Patty, Kai, Joe, Royce —“. "No one can guard Kevin or Kai". Says their focus is incredible.

- Praises the Nets organization, coaching staff and trainers. Their foundation is great. Says its consistent and a very calm place to be. It’s all smiles and everybody is eager to work. "Its a good environment"

- Shoots down the rumor that he left a Nets group chat. Says he even messaged Patty to make sure he didn’t leave a group chat unknowingly.

- He hurt his back while going up stairs. The entire right side of his body dropped and pain shot right down his leg. He had to lie down on the floor and he couldn’t move. He was vomiting due to the excessive pain. It felt like he was dying and that it was painful to do everything.

- Wanted to prove everybody wrong and try play in the playoffs for the Nets but he couldn’t jump or dunk and his glutes weren’t working. “It was fustrating”.
“If I’m hurt, I’m hurt. Im not trying to sit out”.

- He was able to immediately walk after surgery which was a huge relief and a good sign.

- He’s in a great place now physically and mentally.

- Says he has no reservations about this season and that he’ll be great. Adds “I knew what it was going to take to get back to where I need to be, and I’ve been locked in”.

On The Sixers:

- He was going through it mentally prior to the Hawks series.

- Admits the he wasn’t at his best during the Hawks series. He was pushing his personal issues to the side and was refusing to address his mental health.

- Recalls the infamous playoff pass happening so quickly and that he just made a read and didn’t think much of it at the time. He was immediately focused on the next play once it happened. Says he should’ve just "dunked that sh*t" when watching it back and admits it looks terrible. In the moment he didn't even notice it was Trae coming towards him, he just spun and saw a Hawks jersey.

- Mentioned that he was guarding the best player on the opposing team the entire game.

- Agrees with JJ that Doc Rivers and Embiid threw him under the bus after Game 7.

- He was in a dark place after the Hawks series and that "all he wanted was help". Felt like he had no support from the people he expected it from including coaching staff and (some) teammates. "Everybody has their own battles, but that was tough for me"

- There were great guys on that team that did reach out to him at the time and he’s still friends with them to this day.

- Claims the story about teammates flying out to LA to see him and him refusing to see them was bullsh*t.

- He returned to practice with the Sixers after the Hawks series because he wanted to do the right thing and wanted to do right by his teammates. Ultimately he wasn't ready mentally.

- Right before practice he told Doc privately that he wasn’t ready and Doc said he was going to put him in anyway. Believes Doc and the team were fu*king with him on purpose and wanted to find reasons to fine him. Says he didn’t have his phone in his pocket despite what many believed, it was actually his jersey. He was getting fined for not lifting weights despite being one of the strongest people on the team.

- Admits that he didn’t handle things the right way, but neither did the Sixers.
“I don’t give a fu*k about the money, I want peace and happiness” “My peace is more valuable than money”.

Other:

- “I’m keeping tabs on everybody and what’s being said” referring to the excessive hate he’s been receiving.

- When he plays he wants the opposing team to have to defend every player on his team, not just one guy.

- Notes that Shooting is one of his weaknesses but is working on getting better. Believes people don’t respect what he already brings to the court (ex: Defense)

- “I’m a winning player, I want to win” “My goal is to purely win”.

- Notes that he values a*sists and scoring the same. Is always just trying to find the easiest bucket.

- When asked about what he’s adding to his game he said “Using size to get where he wants” “To cut out the unnecessary movements”.

- Uses Giannis & Lebron as examples as some of the hardest players to guard for him.

- Says when you look at all the points he generates in different ways, that it’s a lot of points.

- Brings up John Walls situation and notes that it doesn't matter how much money or famous you are, people go through every day struggles.

- Calls Shaq and Chucks kind of ignorant for their comments on him when they don’t know what’s going on and made no attempt to reach out and find out. "When it comes to personal stuff, there's a level of respect they should have"

- Jay Williams reached out to Ben to understand Bens situation better and Ben says that he respects him for it. It meant more to him than anything else going on

Last edited by BrooklynStiles; 09-22-2022 at 08:24 AM..
+54   

2 weeks ago '19        #19
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 39551 39 K  Slaps total: 4834 4 K
 Vega said
ESPN would k*ll for this interview. JJ embarrassing all of traditional sports media

Perks of not making someone a punching bag when you really don't know what's going on
+5   

2 weeks ago '16        #20
Brucebaner2 
Props total: 17610 17 K  Slaps total: 5824 5 K
 BrooklynStiles said
Notes from Reddit:

On the Nets

- Broke down and had an emotional moment to himself when the trade to Brooklyn was announced. He didn't care about "who was getting traded for who"

- When asked if he’s going to shoot 3’s for the Nets this season, he says he needs to.

- He is excited and enthusiastic to start the season and play with KD, Kai, Joe, Royce and everybody else on the squad. Says if they can get it all together then they are going to be champions. "The team is unbelievable".
He believes that this Nets team is like “Philly on steroids” (Referring to the 18/19 Sixers with JJ)

- Says the Nets are a great fit for what he does and what he brings to the game. “The type of players that we have, we are going to be able to run the floor easily. You know we got Claxton, who moves incredibly well. Kev, Patty, Kai, Joe, Royce —“. "No one can guard Kevin or Kai". Says their focus is incredible.

- Praises the Nets organization, coaching staff and trainers. Their foundation is great. Says its consistent and a very calm place to be. It’s all smiles and everybody is eager to work. "Its a good environment"

- Shoots down the rumor that he left a Nets group chat. Says he even messaged Patty to make sure he didn’t leave a group chat unknowingly.

- He hurt his back while going up stairs. The entire right side of his body dropped and pain shot right down his leg. He had to lie down on the floor and he couldn’t move. He was vomiting due to the excessive pain. It felt like he was dying and that it was painful to do everything.

- Wanted to prove everybody wrong and try play in the playoffs for the Nets but he couldn’t jump or dunk and his glutes weren’t working. “It was fustrating”.

- He was able to immediately walk after surgery which was a huge relief and a good sign.

- Says he has no reservations about this season and that he’ll be great. Adds “I knew what it was going to take to get back to where I need to be, and I’ve been locked in”.

On The Sixers:

- Admits the he wasn’t at his best during the Hawks series. He was pushing his personal issues to the side and was refusing to address his mental health.

- Recalls the infamous playoff pass happening so quickly and that he just made a read and didn’t think much of it at the time. He was immediately focused on the next play once it happened. Says he should’ve just "dunked that sh*t" when watching it back and admits it looks terrible. In the moment he didn't even notice it was Trae coming towards him, he just spun and saw a Hawks jersey.

- Mentioned that he was guarding the best player on the opposing team the entire game.

- Agrees with JJ that Doc Rivers and Embiid threw him under the bus after Game 7.

- He was in a dark place after the Hawks series and that "all he wanted was help". Felt like he had no support from the people he expected it from including coaching staff and (some) teammates. "Everybody has their own battles, but that was tough for me"

- There were great guys on that team that did reach out to him at the time and he’s still friends with them to this day.

- Claims the story about teammates flying out to LA to see him and him refusing to see them was bullsh*t.

- He returned to practice with the Sixers after the Hawks series because he wanted to do the right thing and wanted to do right by his teammates. Ultimately he wasn't ready mentally.

- Right before practice he told Doc privately that he wasn’t ready and Doc said he was going to put him in anyway. Believes Doc and the team were fu*king with him on purpose and wanted to find reasons to fine him. Says he didn’t have his phone in his pocket despite what many believed, it was actually his jersey. He was getting fined for not lifting weights despite being one of the strongest people on the team.

- Admits that he didn’t handle things the right way, but neither did the Sixers.
“I don’t give a fu*k about the money, I want peace and happiness” “My peace is more valuable than money”.

Other:

- “I’m keeping tabs on everybody and what’s being said” referring to the excessive hate he’s been receiving.

- When he plays he wants the opposing team to have to defend every player on his team, not just one guy.

- Notes that Shooting is one of his weaknesses but is working on getting better. Believes people don’t respect what he already brings to the court (ex: Defense)

- Notes that he values a*sists and scoring the same. Is always just trying to find the easiest bucket.

- When asked about what he’s adding to his game he said “Using size to get where he wants” “To cut out the unnecessary movements”.

- Uses Giannis & Lebron as examples as some of the hardest players to guard for him.

- Says when you look at all the points he generates in different ways, that it’s a lot of points.

- Brings up John Walls situation and notes that it doesn't matter how much money or famous you are, people go through every day struggles.

- Calls Shaq and Chucks kind of ignorant for their comments on him when they don’t know what’s going on and made no attempt to reach out and find out. "When it comes to personal stuff, there's a level of respect they should have"

- Jay Williams reached out to Ben to understand Bens situation better and Ben says that he respects him for it. It meant more to him than anything else going on
Thanks for this homie!
+23   

2 weeks ago '11        #21
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x53
Props total: 193272 193 K  Slaps total: 25931 25 K
 215Philly said
We took in D'Angelo Russell after the Lakers kicked him aside

He was fully accepted, we don’t care what happened to you before you got to BK

Just show up and show out for us now

Last edited by Sin; 09-22-2022 at 08:49 AM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #22
DavidTheMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33524 33 K  Slaps total: 19068 19 K
Confirms much of what I though.
Nets will be deadly.
Don' change Ben
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #23
dollarvandriver 
Props total: 1747 1 K  Slaps total: 46 46
 BrooklynStiles said
Notes from Reddit:

On the Nets

On The Sixers:

Other:

I listened also, but had to prop for A1 cliffs.
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #24
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 73480 73 K  Slaps total: 24512 24 K
Hot take..Ben Simmons will have a great season.
+11   

2 weeks ago '13        #25
BLACK MAMBA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11341 11 K  Slaps total: 6233 6 K
 BrooklynStiles said
Notes from Reddit:

On the Nets

On The Sixers:

Other:

Thread is now about these fire a*s cliff notes good sh*t
+11   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  52
Video inside humping dog phone charger
35 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+33online now  39
Video inside BREAKING: Tony Yayo Apologizes to Math Hoffa for his Interview (VladTV)
110 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+17online now  32
Video inside Fellas its time to go to Colombia... Get your passports!
154 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  27
Sep 29 - Virgin Airlines to allow male flight attendants to wear skirts, prono..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy