Sep 21 - DeSantis tops Trump by 8 points in new poll in Fla.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
100 replies  @movies

most viewed right now
-44  74
24 replies  @interesting

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 months ago '05        #1
973 page views
46 comments

phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x67
Props total: 91178 91 K  Slaps total: 7140 7 K
Sep 21 - DeSantis tops Trump by 8 points in new poll in Fla.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) leads former President Trump in a hypothetical GOP presidential primary for the state by 8 points, according to a new poll, in a reversal from when Trump led by 7 points in January.

The USA Today-Suffolk University poll released Wednesday found that 48 percent of Florida Republican voters surveyed support DeSantis in the hypothetical match-up, compared to 40 percent who support Trump. Trump led DeSantis in the January USA Today-Suffolk poll, 47 to 40 percent.

Both Trump and DeSantis have been rumored to be considering bids for the White House in 2024, although neither has confirmed it. Trump has repeatedly hinted at running for the presidency for a third time, indicating that the remaining decision is when to make an announcement instead of whether to announce.

David Paleologos, the director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center, told USA Today that DeSantis’s lead among Florida Republicans does not necessarily mean he would lead in other states, but it could point to a shift among certain GOP voters.

“But it is one data point suggesting a shift in preferences from GOP voters away from Trump and toward DeSantis from Republicans who know both potential combatants quite well,” he said.

The poll also found that DeSantis has a more comfortable lead than Trump in hypothetical match-ups with President Biden in the state. DeSantis leads Biden among all respondents by 8 points in Florida, 52 to 44 percent, while Trump leads the incumbent president by 3 points, 47 percent to 44 percent.

The poll also found significant differences in preferences based on income, with Florida Republicans earning less per year being more likely to support Trump and wealthier GOP voters in the state more likely to support DeSantis.

Trump leads DeSantis, 53 percent to 36 percent, among those making less than $50,000 per year. DeSantis leads the former president, 55 percent to 33 percent, among those making $50,000 or more per year.

Education is also an indicator of respondents’ likelihood to support Trump or DeSantis in the poll. Trump is ahead of DeSantis by 30 points, 57 to 27 percent, among those Republican respondents who did not attend college, while DeSantis leads Trump by 30 points, 60 to 30 percent, among those who have attended.

The poll was conducted among 500 likely midterm election voters from Sept. 15 to 18. The margin of error for all respondents is 4.4 points.

The margin of error for the 174 Republicans voters polled is 7.4 points.

visit this link https://thehill.com/homen .. Egq7XQSdlPPBqE
+1   

best
worst
46 comments

3 months ago '05        #2
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 24546 24 K  Slaps total: 8053 8 K
Cheeto lost again..

3 months ago '06        #3
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47886 47 K  Slaps total: 6146 6 K
This was a given.

I've been saying it on here. DeSantis is postioning himself to run for President.

I think if/when he does it's going to be very difficult for the Dems to beat him.

Realistically he's not afraid for the theatrics like Trump, he's young, and likes stirring the pot. He's exactly what they want and young enough to garner support.

Dems need a young person to get behind but they keep pushing out these old fu*ks and not giving enough attention to the younger politicians.
+3   

3 months ago '05        #4
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 156237 156 K  Slaps total: 45999 45 K

He is of Italian descent, with all of his great-grandparents born in Italy.

Pretty Ironic that he hates immigrants
+9   

3 months ago '19        #5
Jalen Hoes 
Props total: 11145 11 K  Slaps total: 2011 2 K
I live in Florida. I doubt Trump has lost support. DeSantis has just gained more.
+4   

3 months ago '15        #6
naledgestate 
Props total: 38005 38 K  Slaps total: 3397 3 K
Trump isn't gonna win the Republican nomination losing Florida
+2   

3 months ago '16        #7
rooseveltdunn 
Props total: 9898 9 K  Slaps total: 512 512
 bigkilla said
This was a given.

I've been saying it on here. DeSantis is postioning himself to run for President.

I think if/when he does it's going to be very difficult for the Dems to beat him.

Realistically he's not afraid for the theatrics like Trump, he's young, and likes stirring the pot. He's exactly what they want and young enough to garner support.

Dems need a young person to get behind but they keep pushing out these old fu*ks and not giving enough attention to the younger politicians.
Depends on how things look economically, Biden had a good run recently, gas prices are down, Russia will soon lose their war, COVID under control. If things look good going into election time, the dems will look good. Biden's main problem is his age but that's it. that being said, DeSantis is the front runner for the GOP unless Trump splits the vote.
+1   

3 months ago '06        #8
 rooseveltdunn said
Depends on how things look economically, Biden had a good run recently, gas prices are down, Russia will soon lose their war, COVID under control. If things look good going into election time, the dems will look good. Biden's main problem is his age but that's it. that being said, DeSantis is the front runner for the GOP unless Trump splits the vote.
But that's the major issue. His age.

People don't want these old heads running the show.

A major issue in the last election was how old all the candidates were.
+2   

3 months ago '20        #9
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 47066 47 K  Slaps total: 8404 8 K
Republican civil war will break out between DeSantis and Trump.

You can see former Trump donors have been pouring money into DeSantis

Trump feels DeSantis stole his entire style and also he would not be in power if it were not for his endorsement

The Democrats just have to sit back and laugh
+6   

3 months ago '15        #10
Jad95 
Props total: 12028 12 K  Slaps total: 1306 1 K
 Tha Boss said

He is of Italian descent, with all of his great-grandparents born in Italy.

Pretty Ironic that he hates immigrants
You know how they think….

You’re only an immigrant if you come from a country with brown people. Otherwise they would have called Melania one.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 months ago '22        #11
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19225 19 K  Slaps total: 12455 12 K
 ProfessionalDon said
Republican civil war will break out between DeSantis and Trump.

You can see former Trump donors have been pouring money into DeSantis

Trump feels DeSantis stole his entire style and also he would not be in power if it were not for his endorsement

The Democrats just have to sit back and laugh
you wish

3 months ago '17        #12
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 115749 115 K  Slaps total: 40422 40 K
I really hope Desantis gets the nod because he stands no chance. Dude is a terrible public speaker and doesn't even like people to begin with.
+2   

3 months ago '17        #13
yousabitch 
Props total: 28135 28 K  Slaps total: 8572 8 K
 bigkilla said

bro Desantis will not win..people hate him already justy imagine when the casuals start to watch this c*cky a*s fake a*s wanna be trump on tv talking all that far right sh*t,,,straight losing
+1   

3 months ago '06        #14
 yousabi*ch said
bro Desantis will not win..people hate him already justy imagine when the casuals start to watch this c*cky a*s fake a*s wanna be trump on tv talking all that far right sh*t,,,straight losing
I hope not but you need to consider if it’s him v.s old a*s Biden or Kamala he’d likely win.

Either way long term he’s a threat to Dems and they need to start putting together plans to bring in younger politicians.

3 months ago '04        #15
dirtball  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7691 7 K  Slaps total: 1249 1 K
 bigkilla said

So in 2020 Biden won by 8 million votes.

Do you think, after the stunts the Republican party has pulled these past few years - with 2 more years to go (plus primary and presidential debates) that somehow DeSantis will pull an additional 9 million more people than honestly ANY Democratic candidate?

I won't say you're a liar, but just explain how you think 9 million more people, including the roughly 10-15 million new voters aged 18 to 21, will choose to vote for Ron DeSantis over the more sensible looking Democratic Party?
+1   

3 months ago '06        #16
 dirtball said

Do you think, after the stunts the Republican party has pulled these past few years - with 2 more years to go (plus primary and presidential debates) that somehow DeSantis will pull an additional 9 million more people than honestly ANY Democratic candidate?

I won't say you're a liar, but just explain how you think 9 million more people, including the roughly 10-15 million new voters aged 18 to 21, will choose to vote for Ron DeSantis over the more sensible looking Democratic Party?
Aight bro. Let’s all stay stagnant and keep rooting for these 75+ year old politicians. You’re right. There’s no issues there. You got it. Have a good day.

3 months ago '11        #17
Pakchoy 
Props total: 78165 78 K  Slaps total: 1308 1 K
 dirtball said

Who in the Democratic party is sensible though. Only cali people like Newsom so he won't be widely accepted, Pete is a homos*xual so he won't be widely accepted and AOC is a woman so she won't be widely accepted. Who else could they use? On the republican it's either Trump or Desantis and nothing else which are both widely accepted in red states.

3 months ago '04        #18
 Pakchoy said
Who in the Democratic party is sensible though. Only cali people like Newsom so he won't be widely accepted, Pete is a homos*xual so he won't be widely accepted and AOC is a woman so she won't be widely accepted. Who else could they use? On the republican it's either Trump or Desantis and nothing else which are both widely accepted in red states.
I'm talking about the perception of voters in this country between the 2 parties.

Would you agree that the majority of voters feel the Democratic Party is more sensible than the Republican Party?

If you don't agree, then why did Trump (arguably the party's most popular candidate if all time) still lose by 8 million votes.

Which brings me back to my question:

How do you explain the process for DeSantis gaining 9 million more votes while making sure the Democratic nominee doesn't gain any more of the 10-15 million new voters in 2024?

3 months ago '04        #19
 bigkilla said
Aight bro. Let’s all stay stagnant and keep rooting for these 75+ year old politicians. You’re right. There’s no issues there. You got it. Have a good day.
Nope that's not what I'm saying, and I specifically said "any Democratic candidate" not Joe Biden.

So I'm asking, how does DeSantis gain 9 million more votes?

3 months ago '05        #20
Chuck_Remixed  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19115 19 K  Slaps total: 835 835
Trading one lunatic for another. Damn.
+1   

3 months ago '17        #21
yousabitch 
Props total: 28135 28 K  Slaps total: 8572 8 K
 bigkilla said
I hope not but you need to consider if it’s him v.s old a*s Biden or Kamala he’d likely win.

Either way long term he’s a threat to Dems and they need to start putting together plans to bring in younger politicians.
the thing is the whole right wing extremist bit isnt going to work so hes not a threat as far as being President is concerned period...IMO...........But yes you're right the Dems are OLD ..they need some youth in there and i mean like soon...

3 months ago '04        #22
ILLUSHUN 
Props total: 4866 4 K  Slaps total: 451 451
DeSantis vs Biden he’s taking that

DeSantis vs Newsom he’s taking that

That’s really where we are as a country now

3 months ago '15        #23
Teddy KGB 
Props total: 93450 93 K  Slaps total: 10786 10 K
 bigkilla said
Bruh anyone who even slightly follows politics has been saying this for a long time.

BTW, I disagree with you in Desantis being hard to beat. He’s a straight up clown. I think Biden washes him.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #24
Pakchoy 
Props total: 78165 78 K  Slaps total: 1308 1 K
 dirtball said
I'm talking about the perception of voters in this country between the 2 parties.

Would you agree that the majority of voters feel the Democratic Party is more sensible than the Republican Party?

If you don't agree, then why did Trump (arguably the party's most popular candidate if all time) still lose by 8 million votes.

Which brings me back to my question:

How do you explain the process for DeSantis gaining 9 million more votes while making sure the Democratic nominee doesn't gain any more of the 10-15 million new voters in 2024?
People were just tired of Trump and wanted a change. In regards to your 2nd question it really is a toss up only because we've had a lot of side switching in the last 2 years and it goes back to what I said in my previous post. On the democratic side, who are they gonna rally behind. I don't see the majority of people supporting Gavin if he was to go against Desantis. Pete wouldn't stand a chance and I won't even consider Aoc. Only person on that side that could run would probably be Biden again and he's losing supporters.

2 months ago '17        #25
Ats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 36206 36 K  Slaps total: 3608 3 K
Not gonna lie I'd rather Trump be back in office than Desantis.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+73online now  24
Crazy fact about the Dream Team
64 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+37online now  22
Video inside Y'all Copping Balenciaga 50% off ?
105 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+66online now  10
Video inside Lizzo gets ethered x100 by BX incel
152 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  10
Dec 5 - U.S. employees getting lazy, "hustle culture" disappearing