Definition Of A Classic Album | JID The Forever Story Breakdown

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
105 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

3 months ago '15        #1
310 page views
12 comments

TheCompanyMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 25916 25 K  Slaps total: 2182 2 K
Definition Of A Classic Album | JID The Forever Story Breakdown

I think JID's new album The Forever Story is built like a classic album. I also don't know what a classic album is in this environment. So this week I explored both.
+6   

best
worst
12 comments

2 months ago '15        #2
PineappleOG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 52552 52 K  Slaps total: 10091 10 K
Great video, this is AOTY easily. No project comes remotely close. I think the only artist capable of dropping a project this good right now is Kendrick, this album kinda reminds me of GKMC mixed with some TPAB. The versatility and song crafting were phenomenal.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #3
TheCompanyMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 PineappleOG said
Great video, this is AOTY easily. No project comes remotely close. I think the only artist capable of dropping a project this good right now is Kendrick, this album kinda reminds me of GKMC mixed with some TPAB. The versatility and song crafting were phenomenal.
Yeah man, he nailed it with this one.
+2   

2 months ago '13        #4
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 30845 30 K  Slaps total: 10076 10 K
I mean the album is incredible but no1 knows it came out. Not a classic by default. Sucks but that's how it goes. Wish the song where he samples hiipower made it. that song was nasty

2 months ago '17        #5
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70163 70 K  Slaps total: 14758 14 K
Classic album. We listen to hip hop on this side.

Dgaf who knows it came out.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #6
 PineappleOG said
I got Kendrick, JID, and Vince Staples competing for AOTY. I needa let allem marinate before making dat determination. JID in the lead rn tho.

+3   

2 months ago '15        #7
 Pythagoras said
I got Kendrick, JID, and Vince Staples competing for AOTY. I needa let allem marinate before making dat determination. JID in the lead rn tho.

Kendrick not touching JID album Iím sorry. JID album classic and Kendrickís new album has half a skippable album, and itís not even due to their quality but due to the substance and subject matter. Kendrick album dope if you want poetry, because itís more poetic than pure hip hop, too heavy. Kendrick laced the candy with too much medicine.

JID album just organic while being genius musically and not too heavy. People not talking about this album need to wake the fu*k up. He also sprinkles in elements of Anderson paak way he sings and switches to slick rappin like a pimp like Paak. Canít say enough good about it

+1   

2 months ago '17        #8
 PineappleOG said
Kendrick not touching JID album Iím sorry. JID album classic and Kendrickís new album has half a skippable album, and itís not even due to their quality but due to the substance and subject matter. Kendrick album dope if you want poetry, because itís more poetic than pure hip hop, too heavy. Kendrick laced the candy with too much medicine.

JID album just organic while being genius musically and not too heavy. People not talking about this album need to wake the fu*k up. He also sprinkles in elements of Anderson paak way he sings and switches to slick rappin like a pimp like Paak. Canít say enough good about it

I disagree on the Kdot album.

2 months ago '15        #9
 Pythagoras said
I disagree on the Kdot album.
In the simplist way to look at it, I will not be riding down the street listening to a song about him and his girl f*ghting. I will not chillin with my boys and have my auntie is a man now in the background. Just not going to do it.

Jid album can be played anywhere and everywhere, can be in club, in the whip, in the background while chillin. Kendrick has parts that belong in some of these settings but most the project isn't. I think the quality of the Kendrick album is there, will still state its the medicine, too much.

Jay z used to lace the candy with medicine. Kendrick laces the medicine with candy.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #10
ol natl 44 
Props total: 9347 9 K  Slaps total: 1421 1 K
I totally agree this is definitely the album of the year
+3   

2 months ago '13        #11
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 75856 75 K  Slaps total: 12697 12 K
im not hearing what yall are hearing in this album.

AOTY ... dont know yet. I havn't had enough projects on constant repeat that came out this year. Might be Conway's sh*t sh*t.

2 months ago '15        #12
 uoeno said
im not hearing what yall are hearing in this album.

AOTY ... dont know yet. I havn't had enough projects on constant repeat that came out this year. Might be Conway's sh*t sh*t.
God Don't Make Mistakes? That project mid af. I love Conway, I love From a King to a God. But his album was just recycled bars, ya he got bels palsy people count him out same ol sh*t. Just felt it was very safe, too safe.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #13
TheCompanyMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 pineappleog said
kendrick not touching jid album iím sorry. Jid album classic and kendrickís new album has half a skippable album, and itís not even due to their quality but due to the substance and subject matter. Kendrick album dope if you want poetry, because itís more poetic than pure hip hop, too heavy. Kendrick laced the candy with too much medicine.

Jid album just organic while being genius musically and not too heavy. People not talking about this album need to wake the fu*k up. He also sprinkles in elements of anderson paak way he sings and switches to slick rappin like a pimp like paak. Canít say enough good about it

bigfax
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+37online now  26
Video inside Y'all Copping Balenciaga 50% off ?
105 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  16
Dec 5 - U.S. employees getting lazy, "hustle culture" disappearing
220 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+66online now  12
Video inside Lizzo gets ethered x100 by BX incel