MKBHD: The Ultimate Pocket Camera!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
65 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 months ago '07        #1
1166 page views
13 comments

Jago  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 12970 12 K  Slaps total: 1736 1 K
MKBHD: The Ultimate Pocket Camera!

+12   

best
worst
13 comments

3 months ago '17        #2
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33702 33 K  Slaps total: 2911 2 K
I was literally just looking this up. Seeing if there's any real application for Real Estate.

Even though, I think the X2 is just fine.. filming in 5K is more than what you need.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #3
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 136959 136 K  Slaps total: 4789 4 K
this sh*t is crazy
+2   

3 months ago '05        #4
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 136622 136 K  Slaps total: 15059 15 K
+1   

3 months ago '04        #5
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 31244 31 K  Slaps total: 3408 3 K
Pretty fire, I just have no use for it but I see the potential for creatives and $500 is not bad at all
+3   

3 months ago '21        #6
RJ Watkins 
Props total: 4705 4 K  Slaps total: 1368 1 K
sick camera technology but since social media is total trash now, i really dont give a fu*k
+1   

3 months ago '05        #7
Mrniceguy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 13063 13 K  Slaps total: 2924 2 K
sick tech but 449 dollars
+2   

3 months ago '07        #8
Dicemoney6 
Props total: 3084 3 K  Slaps total: 320 320
Crazy
+1   

3 months ago '18        #9
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 37573 37 K  Slaps total: 3487 3 K

+1   

3 months ago '04        #10
patt24 
Props total: 17665 17 K  Slaps total: 1710 1 K
Production ordered 3 of these over the weekend to mount on a car for my next film so I wouldn't have to go the heavy-duty car mount option or run the risk of having GoPro's fail.

Thegreatiandi said
I was literally just looking this up. Seeing if there's any real application for Real Estate.

Even though, I think the X2 is just fine.. filming in 5K is more than what you need.
360s are often used for real estate videos. 360 tours, ceiling down shots without a drone etc etc...

The higher resolution comes in handy during post. You'll have an extra 1.7k to reframe or stabilize your shots for a 4k delivery if necessary. Cutting your time in half during and in post.

Everyone always gets hung up on the "K's" but the real benefit of the extra k's is time.
+1   

3 months ago '17        #11
 patt24 said
Production ordered 3 of these over the weekend to mount on a car for my next film so I wouldn't have to go the heavy-duty car mount option or run the risk of having GoPro's fail.

360s are often used for real estate videos. 360 tours, ceiling down shots without a drone etc etc...

The higher resolution comes in handy during post. You'll have an extra 1.7k to reframe or stabilize your shots for a 4k delivery if necessary. Cutting your time in half during and in post.

Everyone always gets hung up on the "K's" but the real benefit of the extra k's is time.
I agree with that. K this K that. I'm going to video engineer for the past 18 years so, I can't agree more or what you're saying.

I will say, using that extra bit of resolution for stabilizing.. I've never really seen it done well with prosumer style editing software. Perhaps I should actually get better at DaVinci resolve and then see if it makes a difference

For Real Estate now, I utilize my drone for the majority of things. I bought a handycam style rig for it so, it works just fine for that. And of course obviously the aerial shots.

I will say though, the new DJI cameras are not all that impressive. I'm not feeling the amount of gain noise and contrast level. Considering looking for another option at the moment..

3 months ago '04        #12
patt24 
Props total: 17665 17 K  Slaps total: 1710 1 K
 Thegreatiandi said
I agree with that. K this K that. I'm going to video engineer for the past 18 years so, I can't agree more or what you're saying.

I will say, using that extra bit of resolution for stabilizing.. I've never really seen it done well with prosumer style editing software. Perhaps I should actually get better at DaVinci resolve and then see if it makes a difference

For Real Estate now, I utilize my drone for the majority of things. I bought a handycam style rig for it so, it works just fine for that. And of course obviously the aerial shots.

I will say though, the new DJI cameras are not all that impressive. I'm not feeling the amount of gain noise and contrast level. Considering looking for another option at the moment..
it depends on the shot if it's crazy shaky to begin with then it's gonna look like sh*t regardless, but if the lens has ois or if the cam has a gyrometer active like the Blackmagic Pocket 4 &6k, you could potentially avoid using a steadicam, easyrig or gimbal and get a more natural look to it if that's what you would want or could just stick to the gimbals for a more clinical feel.

Avid, Premiere and Resolve do it best. I haven't gone fully into Davinci yet but I know you can do it in either the edit tab or color tab. A lot of people use the wrong stabilizing settings which makes it look awkward.

You use that PolarPro Katana for the drone?

DJI for what they are, are great as long as you're not shooting skin tones or significant amounts of Reds/Oranges with it. Which cam are you shooting on? Are you shooting DLOG or just the base REC709?

You looking for a handheld camera or something to mount to a drone?

3 months ago '07        #13
ptwist  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24744 24 K  Slaps total: 2040 2 K
 Thegreatiandi said

nwking said
Pretty fire, I just have no use for it but I see the potential for creatives and $500 is not bad at all
 AfroBucks88 said
this sh*t is crazy
I'm an event DJ (weddings & corporate) and got the One X2 and this is pretty clutch when you want to record your sets for potential clients. Don't have to be a selfie groupie and holding your phone everywhere. I just drop it down and it records myself and the audience and you can edit it through your phone.

Obviously, it's good for thrill junkies or travel vlogs. Rigged it up to my bike and was riding through the desert at Burning Man.

Might grab this one for sure. A worthy upgrade despite the steep price. Low lighting isn't the best for these 360 cameras by the way.

Last edited by ptwist; 09-15-2022 at 11:43 AM..
+2   

3 months ago '17        #14
 ptwist said
I'm an event DJ (weddings & corporate) and got the One X2 and this is pretty clutch when you want to record your sets for potential clients. Don't have to be a selfie groupie and holding your phone everywhere. I just drop it down and it records myself and the audience and you can edit it through your phone.

Obviously, it's good for thrill junkies or travel vlogs. Rigged it up to my bike and was riding through the desert at Burning Man.

Might grab this one for sure. A worthy upgrade despite the steep price. Low lighting isn't the best for these 360 cameras by the way.
That was something I needed to ask as well.. how was the low light records.

These cameras have a pension for the grainiest of grains when it's not optimal light settings.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Cars that are being discontinued in 2023!
55 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
-87online now  11
Video inside Asian woman comes for Passport Bros / Black Men
432 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  9
Nov 29 - US providing $53M to help restore Ukraine power grid