Jun 17 - Study: Black Men, White Ex-Cons Have Equal Job Prospects

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Cancel your plans: Rare black moon could mean end of world
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside WAK100 Calls out " TEEFY " da BUCK TOOF NIG who KNOCKED out BEANS !
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Meek Mill Announces ‘DC4’ Release Date
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8073 pageviews
141 comments

TornadoWarning 
space
space
$1,320 | Props total: 0 0
Jun 17 - Study: Black Men, White Ex-Cons Have Equal Job Prospects

THIS IS HORSEsh*t.....

NEW YORK (AP) -- A new study says black men with no criminal histories are about as likely to be offered jobs in New York City as white men with felony convictions.

The study, released by the city Commission on Human Rights, finds employers call back black men who present resumes with no criminal background 16 percent of the time -- about as often as white men who report criminal histories.

Meanwhile, blacks with convictions in their past were called back 6 percent of the time. Whites with clean records were offered jobs 21 percent of the time.

The study, led by sociology professors at Princeton University, followed 13 men on 3,500 job interviews over the course of a year beginning in February 2004.

The men posed as high school graduates with similar credentials and applied for such jobs as deli clerks, telemarketers and cashiers.

On some interviews, candidates told employers they had spent 18 months in prison on a drug conviction.

Princeton University sociology professor Bruce Western helped conduct the study. He told the New York Daily News that employers are hesitant to trust young black men.

141 comments for "Jun 17 - Study: Black Men, White Ex-Cons Have Equal Job Prospects"

11 years ago '04        #2
Nocturnal-One 
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 0 0
*Yawn*

*Moves on to next racist post*
 11 years ago '04        #3
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,828 | Props total: 21 21
yep its true.
 06-17-2005, 07:59 AM         #4
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TornadoWarning said:
THIS IS HORSEsh*t.....
Oh? How so?

If anything it renforces the general perception of most white people that blacks are somehow dangerous or untrustworthy. If blacks are to move toward moderninity, then barriers to entry, such as racial stereotypes, need to be broken down.

This study reminds me of a study they did not so long ago, where it was percieved (from Whites and Blacks) that a picture of a "black face" caused more "brain activity" when shown to each participant.... shiiit black people have the same mis-trust and carry the same stereotype of our own people!! but it's nothing new.... but i guarantee, it WONT last forever, not if i can help it.
 11 years ago '04        #5
Big Shaq 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,902 | Props total: 21 21
 DJT said:
Oh? How so?

If anything it renforces the general perception of most white people that blacks are somehow dangerous or untrustworthy. If blacks are to move toward moderninity, then barriers to entry, such as racial stereotypes, need to be broken down.

This study reminds me of a study they did not so long ago, where it was percieved (from Whites and Blacks) that a picture of a "black face" caused more "brain activity" when shown to each participant.... shiiit black people have the same mis-trust and carry the same stereotype of our own people!! but it's nothing new.... but i guarantee, it WONT last forever, not if i can help it.
real talk many white females I walk up to and ask a question they clutch their purse very tight and if they are in the car they roll up thier windows and point to thier ears and say they can't hear me!!!! I just shake my head

one night a white male is getting gas late at night and he sees me and my crew pull up he stops putting gas in his SUV at $4.37 and leaves I was like damn

Last edited by Big Shaq; 06-17-2005 at 09:09 AM..
 06-17-2005, 09:10 AM         #6
The New Whitey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why does everything have to come down to skin color?
 11 years ago '04        #7
Big Shaq 3 heat pts
space
space
 The New Whitey said:

Naw dogg its nothing like that I am cool wit everyone I just telling yall bout these strange incidents

NO HATE IN MY BLOOD //EVEN FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE ME
 11 years ago '05        #8
MyZ28 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,847 | Props total: 204 204
well i hate alot of people. All kinds of hate in my blood. I have to be that way tho....fu*k people
 06-17-2005, 09:23 AM         #9
MrMischief66 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big Shaq said:
real talk many white females I walk up to and ask a question they clutch their purse very tight and if they are in the car they roll up thier windows and point to thier ears and say they can't hear me!!!! I just shake my head

one night a white male is getting gas late at night and he sees me and my crew pull up he stops putting gas in his SUV at $4.37 and leaves I was like damn

lmao. that wasn't just a white dude, that was a bi*ch. I'm white, and if I would have been at that gas station, I would have ran up to his car when he hopped in it all quick and laughed at his a.ss.
 11 years ago '04        #10
Big Shaq 3 heat pts
space
space
 MrMischief66 said:
lmao. that wasn't just a white dude, that was a bi*ch. I'm white, and if I would have been at that gas station, I would have ran up to his car when he hopped in it all quick and laughed at his a.ss.
LOL AT LEAST YOU AINT TRIPPIN BOUT THE SITUATION
 06-17-2005, 09:35 AM         #11
The New Whitey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big Shaq said:

oh sh*t sorry dude, that wasn't directed at you...it was just directed at everything that turns into a racial issue.
 11 years ago '04        #12
Big Shaq 3 heat pts
space
space
 The New Whitey said:
oh sh*t sorry dude, that wasn't directed at you...it was just directed at everything that turns into a racial issue.

OH AHIGHT
 06-17-2005, 09:43 AM         #13
SmokieMcPot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe thats why nobodys tryin to hire me.
 11 years ago '04        #14
pantythiev 
space
space
space
$332 | Props total: 0 0
 x-milky said:
maybe thats why nobodys tryin to hire me.
LMAO maybe

ANd i propped u

Last edited by pantythiev; 06-17-2005 at 09:51 AM..
 06-17-2005, 10:09 AM         #15
itzmurda 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think i know why:

FACT #3: The I.Q.'s of American Blacks are from 15 to 20 points, on average, below those of American Whites. (26) (16) (18) (22)
FACT #4: These Black\White differences have been demonstrated repeatedly by every test ever conducted by every branch of the U.S. Military, every state, county, and local school board, the U.S. Dept. of Education, etc. The same ratio of difference has held true over a 40 year period. (18) (26) (24)

FACT #5: With an average I.Q. of 85, only 16% of Blacks score over 100, while half the White population does. The Black overlap of White median I.Q.'s ranges from 10 to 25 percent-- equality would require 50 percent. (31) (27) (16)

FACT #6: Blacks are 6 times as likely to have I.Q.'s of 50 to 70 which put them in the slow learner (retarded) category, while Whites are ten times more likely to score 130 or over. (15) (16) (18) (23)

FACT # 7: The U.S. government's PACE examination, given to 100,000 university graduates who are prospective professional or administrative civil-service employees each year, is passed with a score of 70 or above by 58% of the whites who take it but by only 12% of the Blacks. Among top scorers the difference between Black and White performance is even more striking: 16% of the white applicants make scores of 90 or above, while only one-fifth of one percent of a Black applicants score as high as 90--a White/Black success ration of 80/1. (27)

FACT #8: Differences between Black and White children increase with chronological age, the gap in performance being largest at the high school and college levels. (31) (26)

FACT #9: White/Black I.Q. differences are constantly excused as results of environmental variations. but at least five studies that have attempted to equate socio-economic backgrounds of the two races indicate no significant change in relative results. As environment improves, the Black does better but so does the White. The gap is not decreased. (26) In fact, extensive research by DR. G.J. McGurk, a.ssociate Professor of Psychology at Villanove University, reveals that the gap in intelligence between Blacks and Whites INCREASES where socio-economic levels of both races are raised to the middle classes. (18)

FACT #10: In 1915, Dr. G.W. Ferfuson took 1000 school children in Virginia, divided them into 5 racial categories, and tested them for mental aptitude. On average. full-blooded Blacks scored 69.2% as high as Whites. Three-quarter Blacks scored 73.0% as high as Whites. One-half Negroes scored 81.2% as high as Whites. One-quarter Blacks scored 91.8% as high as Whites. All of these Blacks lived as and considered themselves "Negroes." Their environments and "advantages" or disadvantages were exactly the same. (14) Also see (26) pg 452.

FACT #11: Results of the Army Beta test given by the U.S. Army to over 386,000 illiterate soldiers in WWI showed Negro draftees to be "inferior to the Whites on all types of tests used in the Army." Additionally, tests were conducted upon pure Blacks, Mulattoes, and Quadroons. It was found that "the lighter groups made better scores." (14)

FACT #12: Studies conducted with identical twins raised apart in radically different environments provide conclusive evidence that over-all influence of heredity exceeds that of environment in a ratio of about 3 to 1. (41)

FACT #13: Even when Blacks and Whites have the same backgrounds, in terms of family income and childhood advantages, Blacks still have average I.Q. scores 12 to 15 points lower than comparable Whites. This includes cases where Black children have been adopted by White parents. Their I.Q.s may be improved by environment, but they are still closer to their biological parents than their adoptive parents. (3) (15) (26)

FACT #14: Equalitarian ideologists often discount I.Q. test results with the excuse that they are culturally biased. Nonetheless, NO ONE, not the NAACP nor the United Negro College Fund, nor NEA had been able to develop an intelligence test which shows Blacks and Whites scoring equally. (15) (42) (3)

FACT # 15: American Indians, who often live in conditions far worse than American Blacks during their entire lives, still consistently outscore them on I.Q. tests. (3) (27)

FACT #16: The offspring of interracial marriages tend to have lower I.Q.s than the white parent. (11) (26)
 06-17-2005, 10:28 AM         #16
rara2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The New Whitey said:

i hear ya
 06-17-2005, 10:44 AM         #17
CHRONIC2oo3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is this what we do on BOXDEN all damn day? Say how Black people are treated unfairly and cry about it?

Here's a solution for everyone... go to fu*king school and get high a.ss grades and you'll get whatever job you want.

Wait... was is it you say? You're too cool for school? Well, then... just continue to post your bi*chfest post online here at Boxden then.
 06-17-2005, 10:59 AM         #18
itzmurda 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nurat said:
youve been surfin around that KKK site too much man
hahaha

nah but those are facts. its not racist its reality. also on the same page it says

FACT #28: Blacks have arms which are longer, relative to body height, than those of Whites. This feature, together with their much thicker cranial bones, gives Black athletes an advantage over Whites in boxing. The skeletal and muscular peculiarities of Negroes' lower limbs have given them considerable success as sprinters, but have left them relative undistinguished as distance runners. (39) (27)

bottom line is whites are better than blacks in some areas and blacks are better than whites in some areas. in the case of this topic, maybe those white ex cons were more qualified (or smarter) than the blacks with no criminal records. nobody gets mad that basketball teams are 98% black so dont get mad that whites get called back for corporate jobs more. all men(races) are not created equal. all men are created different.

Last edited by itzmurda; 06-17-2005 at 11:00 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #19
Castro 10304 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,540 | Props total: 27 27
^^^all those facts dont mean sh*t.
 06-17-2005, 11:01 AM         #20
itzmurda 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Castro 10304 said:
^^^all those facts dont mean sh*t.
hahaha well boxden's village idiot, please explain why those facts dont mean sh*t. you would not agree that the most qualified person for the job should be able to get it regardless of race?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That's the most beautiful ass I've ever seen
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
146 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
62 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Mary J Blige Just Topped Her Legendary Fried Chicken Jingle....
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hov x Gucci
108 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Did this nigga meek just have the audacity to make a post about winning
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Super Nerd in Awe of HDR 4K FORZA
38 comments
1 day ago