Tesla Model Y Incoming

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
115 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

3 months ago '04        #1
3495 page views
35 comments

kaLYptiC 
Props total: 880 880  Slaps total: 67 67
Tesla Model Y Incoming

hey guys -

looks like my delivery date is finally coming up, after putting in a deposit over a year ago. I'm excited but it's also kind of scary, so I'm curious y'alls thoughts.

I have a good job, and I currently owe 8K on my 2016 Honda HR-V.

Got the Model Y in t 58K. I'd like to trade in the Honda and use that $ towards the Tesla. Ultimately, electric is unequivocally the future in my mind.

But man, if I wasn't thinking, wow I'll have this Honda paid off and that's one less debt. And now this comes along to just further prove how life is just debt.

Think it's a smart decision to do this? I'm trying to crowdsource opinions because to be honest, I've never been very business-minded. I can imagine a recession will still happen (if we're not already in it), and it won't really affect these car prices, in fact I think they'll go higher. So maybe it's smart to get now and just bite the bullet? Or I can take the chance on the price dropping in the future.

'preciate y'all.
+8   

best
worst
35 comments

3 months ago '06        #2
njacura32tl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3715 3 K  Slaps total: 764 764
Life is short enjoy it. The payment on that Tesla is $800 so if you got it don't worry about it. If you get it and the payment is overwhelming sell it and get something cheaper
+15   

3 months ago '04        #3
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 37904 37 K  Slaps total: 6491 6 K
EVs are the future ineed but today aint that future

i see zero reason to switch

however if u complacent with life being continuous debt, y not get a small fun car in addition to the honda

just my two cents
+11   

3 months ago '20        #4
bayareapiff 
Props total: 5066 5 K  Slaps total: 615 615
Do you have to make a hard sacrifice to make the car payment on the model Y? If so, might wanna hold off and hang onto the CRV. CRV isn’t the s*xiest car in the world, but the sh*ts on point. Plus not having debt, or less debt is a good a*s feeling.
+6   

3 months ago '10        #5
jhust4ever 
Props total: 4751 4 K  Slaps total: 869 869
 xbossxplayax said
EVs are the future ineed but today aint that future

i see zero reason to switch

however if u complacent with life being continuous debt, y not get a small fun car in addition to the honda

just my two cents
I think you're onto something having / keeping your combustible car with an electric car feels like the right idea
+1   

3 months ago '14        #6
freezetag 
Props total: 32097 32 K  Slaps total: 2580 2 K
Got my MYP last Thursday. fu*king love it, but I need to get this charger hooked up immediately in my garage. I supercharge like every 2 days. Sold my 18 Tahoe and got 7,000 back. fu*k that Gotdamn gas drain.
+7   

3 months ago '20        #7
ScientificSpkn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 940 940  Slaps total: 94 94
I’d recommend taking your interest rate into the equation and the money you will lose and save over time by trading in. That dollar amount you might want to pocket or say Fxck it.

We got top dollar when we traded our Subaru in for the Model Y. From July to November the value of our trade-in went up over $7K so we traded it in.
+1   

3 months ago '21        #8
Bigcredit007 
Props total: 2944 2 K  Slaps total: 1189 1 K
Tesla's are pretty trash

3 months ago '17        #9
LongStroke Papi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17666 17 K  Slaps total: 15331 15 K
 kaLYptiC said
hey guys -

looks like my delivery date is finally coming up, after putting in a deposit over a year ago. I'm excited but it's also kind of scary, so I'm curious y'alls thoughts.

Got the Model Y in t 58K. I'd like to trade in the Honda and use that $ towards the Tesla. Ultimately, electric is unequivocally the future in my mind.

But man, if I wasn't thinking, wow I'll have this Honda paid off and that's one less debt. And now this comes along to just further prove how life is just debt.

Think it's a smart decision to do this? I'm trying to crowdsource opinions because to be honest, I've never been very business-minded. I can imagine a recession will still happen (if we're not already in it), and it won't really affect these car prices, in fact I think they'll go higher. So maybe it's smart to get now and just bite the bullet? Or I can take the chance on the price dropping in the future.

'preciate y'all.
buy it and enjoy bruh
them gas savings finna pay for it partially

3 months ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 248164 248 K  Slaps total: 21190 21 K
I'd say pay off your car and try to wait at least a year to see what comes out. Battery and motor technology are really ramping up so you might want to wait and save up a good bit of money for something better down the line.
+3   

3 months ago '07        #11
Funeral James 
Props total: 3649 3 K  Slaps total: 612 612
 njacura32tl said
Life is short enjoy it. The payment on that Tesla is $800 so if you got it don't worry about it. If you get it and the payment is overwhelming sell it and get something cheaper
you would probably take a $10k loss at that point lol this is bad advice
+1   

3 months ago '07        #12
Funeral James 
Props total: 3649 3 K  Slaps total: 612 612
you're about to make bad decision after bad decision at this point, your head is underwater and you are about to drown. The good news is you reached out for help and opinions; option 1 lose the deposit for this new tesla and cancel it before you get it. option 2 your current plan to sell the crv you will be able to pay the difference owed and have some cash + you might be able to buy a daily driver for cash maybe a 5k car and put your tesla on turo (rent it out daily) to make the car payment and have less stress but you will have to be proactive to not get overwhelmed.

3 months ago '17        #13
yousabitch 
Props total: 28135 28 K  Slaps total: 8572 8 K
 kaLYptiC said
hey guys -

'preciate y'all.

I paid off my car 3 months ago. I am not buying another car anytime soon. I barely drive the one I have now it has 78,000 miles. I thought about trading it in and buying a range under my business but then it’s like for what smh. I know it’s a tax write off for the business etc but damn
+5   

3 months ago '13        #14
Dodgers 
Props total: 13649 13 K  Slaps total: 2434 2 K
Don't get scammed by Elon.

Get an X4 instead
+3   

3 months ago '06        #15
njacura32tl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3715 3 K  Slaps total: 764 764
 Funeral James said
you would probably take a $10k loss at that point lol this is bad advice
How can he take a loss on a hard to find Model Y? The car is backordered until April of next year. Check the resale values
+4   

3 months ago '20        #16
HipHop365 
Props total: 2930 2 K  Slaps total: 275 275
 kaLYptiC said
hey guys -

'preciate y'all.
Teslas are definitely overpriced for the quality of the car and the level of service provided. Panel gaps, moisture in lights, and the crappy paint jobs. I read about these things before and didn’t think I would personally experience them.
Geez how hard it it to paint a new car properly. I shouldn’t see parts or the raw metal in spots like the trunk door or frunk. You don’t see this these things in economy cars and I really don’t expect to see this in a car you’re spending $50k plus on. They need to step up their QC and service game.

I was considering one but after having driven them from my hertz rentals I’ll just wait to get an EV from a legacy automaker.

They’re very fun to drive, but I can’t overlook the issues like their cult members.

Last edited by HipHop365; 09-02-2022 at 08:27 AM..
+2   

3 months ago '04        #17
patt24 
Props total: 17671 17 K  Slaps total: 1711 1 K
If you bought that HRV new, owing 8k 6 years after its release is crazy. nothing worth perpetuating the cycle of debt but to each their own. Good luck with it
+2   

3 months ago '05        #18
dope-boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2290 2 K  Slaps total: 246 246
 kaLYptiC said
hey guys -

'preciate y'all.
If you ordered a Tesla, I hope you ordered FSD with it - this alone is worth the switch. The Model Y is a far better driving experience than what you have now.

However, if you're unsure from a financial perspective, you could keep the Honda and put those same payments you would have been making directly into TSLA stock on a monthly basis - consistently like your making car payments, and in 5 years you'll not only have enough to buy a Tesla outright, you'll have change left over. This is not financial advice.
+4   

3 months ago '19        #19
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 65411 65 K  Slaps total: 12696 12 K
 kaLYptiC said
hey guys -

'preciate y'all.
You put in a deposit on a car, but you are not sure if you want to buy it?
+2   

3 months ago '06        #20
sunsetnVine 
Props total: 26369 26 K  Slaps total: 2375 2 K
 njacura32tl said
Ditto… my payment is 800 as well. I got mine wrapped. All to say OP enjoy the car and get something to keep the paint safe on the nose. The faster u drive the faster u hit things.

I paid for speed boost. Don’t regret it but the pads and tires do
I paid for eap… don’t regret it as we take long road trips…. And fsd aint it …. Yet
Gotta 7 seater… kids like that third row…

Keep something in the kitty for windshields… its a thing.

And have fun.
+1   

3 months ago '06        #21
sunsetnVine 
Props total: 26369 26 K  Slaps total: 2375 2 K
 kaLYptiC said
hey guys -

'preciate y'all.
Peep my post above…

From a financial pov we paid off two vehicles before I bought my Tesla.

They are still in the driveway… doesn’t hurt to cancel the transaction and pay off the car and then try again. At least u have redundancy and wont need their uber credits if the car gives u problems.
+1   

3 months ago '17        #22
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47821 47 K  Slaps total: 6707 6 K
 kaLYptiC said
hey guys -

'preciate y'all.
Debt doesn’t matter much if you have a good credit score and high income to secure low interest rates

Is your financial life in order?

Only you know this
+2   

3 months ago '06        #23
miltownhpt  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 870 870  Slaps total: 44 44
if you can afford it, enjoy it. for now at least.... if you don't like it, used teslas are selling for as much as or more than new ones.

i would still keep a gas whip on deck tho.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #24
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 43357 43 K  Slaps total: 4458 4 K
Cars are bad investment mmmkayyy its never a win win in auto industry.
+3   

3 months ago '20        #25
HipHop365 
Props total: 2930 2 K  Slaps total: 275 275
 dope-boy said
If you ordered a Tesla, I hope you ordered FSD with it - this alone is worth the switch. The Model Y is a far better driving experience than what you have now.

However, if you're unsure from a financial perspective, you could keep the Honda and put those same payments you would have been making directly into TSLA stock on a monthly basis - consistently like your making car payments, and in 5 years you'll not only have enough to buy a Tesla outright, you'll have change left over. This is not financial advice.
I agree with everything else you say except getting the FSD...I think that's overpriced and a waste of money atm. Can't even use it unless you're in the beta. Plus no LiDar is the worst decision I think they've made as a company in regards to FSD. We can agree to disagree tho. I'm sure you love your MY
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  17
Dec 5 - U.S. employees getting lazy, "hustle culture" disappearing
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+37online now  16
Video inside Y'all Copping Balenciaga 50% off ?
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+75online now  15
Crazy fact about the Dream Team
64 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+66online now  12
Video inside Lizzo gets ethered x100 by BX incel