JetSons ERA....Flying Car Approved By FAA!!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+19  102
76 replies  @hiphop

most viewed right now
+25  56
108 replies  @news

most viewed right now
+39  49
88 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

3 months ago '07        #1
3665 page views
42 comments

FeedTheBeast 
Props total: 20436 20 K  Slaps total: 2136 2 K
JetSons ERA....Flying Car Approved By FAA!!

visit this link https://www.msn.com/en-us .. 20f0f101a89c5e

A $169,126 (£145,000) flying car has been approved for take-off.

The Samson Switchblade has received the rubber stamp from the FAA, the U.S. government aviation authority, to start flight testing.

After 14 years of development, the Switchblade is now conducting final high-speed taxi testing prior to flight testing.

Redmond, Oregon-based Samson Sky says 2,100 people have made reservations for the vehicle, which comes in a DIY kit form.

Each Switchblade Kit includes engine, transmission, avionics, interiors and Samson Builder a*sist Program.

The Switchblade is a three wheel, street-legal vehicle that you keep parked in your garage.

You drive it from your garage to a nearby airport. Once there, the wings swing out and the tail extends in under three minutes.

You then fly your registered aircraft to the airport nearest your destination - at up to 109 m/h (306 km/h) and 13,048 miles (21,000 km).

Then you simply land, transform your flying sports car back to driving mode - the wings and tail safely stowed and protected - and drive to your final destination.

For the high-speed taxi tests, the wings were removed from the vehicle, so there would be no chance that the vehicle would start to go airborne.

"Our take-off speed is predicted to be 88 mph, meaning that’s the speed we need to hit, at which point the Switchblade would begin to lift off the ground," said Sam Bousfield, CEO Samson Sky and designer of the Switchblade.

“Out of the fastest of 10 speed runs, our test driver took the Switchblade to 98 mph, which confirmed what the team saw on the instruments, videos and engine computer data -- the Switchblade handled and performed very well.”

A flying car has been approved for take-off. (Samson Sky via SWNS)
« ‹ of 8 › »
Samson Sky say the reservation list for the Switchblade has reached 2100, with reservation holders in 52 countries, and in all 50 states.

"Early adopters include NASA engineers, airline pilots, entrepreneurs, etc. The recent FAA approval has attracted 360 new Reservations in just the past few weeks - and it’s notable that 58% of them are not yet pilots," the company said.

Bousfield said: “Artists dream the future, and that future is filled with flying cars.

“If you share that dream, the Switchblade was designed for you.”
+15   

best
worst
42 comments

3 months ago '17        #2
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47822 47 K  Slaps total: 6709 6 K

You drive it from your garage to a nearby airport. Once there, the wings swing out and the tail extends in under three minutes.
Heh

I get this sh*t I’m taking off from the expressway

170k sounds like a steal and I’m sure they’ll only get better
+26   

3 months ago '16        #3
Dick Armey 
Props total: 12798 12 K  Slaps total: 4851 4 K
cops start chasing you drop them wings
+46   

3 months ago '04        #4
biscuit 
Props total: 61691 61 K  Slaps total: 5234 5 K
This is dope.

+9   

3 months ago '16        #5
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 161087 161 K  Slaps total: 17575 17 K
Is it loud? Elon musk said the problem with flying cars is noise pollution.
+2   

3 months ago '04        #6
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 62735 62 K  Slaps total: 4241 4 K

Let us know when it’s actually flying.
+6   

3 months ago '04        #7
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 62735 62 K  Slaps total: 4241 4 K
 biscuit said
This is dope.

I had to go find the video also

Gotta see it in action
+1   

3 months ago '22        #8
whatevaitakes 
Props total: 6907 6 K  Slaps total: 608 608
A pilots license will be the new flex.
+14   

3 months ago '10        #9
suddath 
Props total: 760 760  Slaps total: 70 70
There's the key words... "find an air strip and take off". Imagine showing up the airport in that sh*t trying to get a stretch of runway on your way to get some pu**y. People are already bad enough at driving. Last thing we need is some dumbass riding "E" too far and crashing on the freeway.

Until they're autonomous, we have no business even exploring these.
+11   

3 months ago '05        #10
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 137206 137 K  Slaps total: 15119 15 K
Cool, hope it works out to be something. But this is decades away to be affordable and available to the general public.

For me, I'm actually in the process of looking to learn and train for an sport pilot license.
+3   

3 months ago '20        #11
nyctoneworleans  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 44519 44 K  Slaps total: 4178 4 K
Nice

3 months ago '22        #12
whatevaitakes 
 suddath said
There's the key words... "find an air strip and take off". Imagine showing up the airport in that sh*t trying to get a stretch of runway on your way to get some pu**y. People are already bad enough at driving. Last thing we need is some dumbass riding "E" too far and crashing on the freeway.

Until they're autonomous, we have no business even exploring these.
I don't know about that.....autopilot systems generally disengage during periods of extreme turbulence, this is when a pilot must take control...... so if there isn't a pilot or one can't fly yourself it's automatically game over.

So mostly likely near term outcome is semi-autonomous flights (autonomous, but supervised by a pilot). Maybe the FAA will issue some kind of semi-autonomous pilots license with reduced training and experience requirement.

Also, all the risks and dangers you mentioned of this type of aircraft already apply to light and sport aircraft.
+1   

3 months ago '07        #13
killacar 
Props total: 24444 24 K  Slaps total: 1462 1 K
think drinking and driving is bad, wait til these n*ggas start drinking and flying

+9   

3 months ago '06        #14
Sammyboi22 
Props total: 12965 12 K  Slaps total: 1235 1 K
This thing flies at 109mph. Pass.
+3   

3 months ago '16        #15
HoodrichMike 
Props total: 8740 8 K  Slaps total: 1700 1 K
Nah jit I’m good for quite a while. You know them first, second, probably even third editions gonna have kinks to work out and malfunctions. Gonna be recalls for certain components but nobody will know there’s a problem til the sh*t goes bad mid flight. Gonna be quite a number of casualties to get things started I imagine. Engines cutting off hundreds of feet in the air, propellers breaking, etc. all kinds of possibilities really
+5   

3 months ago '10        #16
suddath 
Props total: 760 760  Slaps total: 70 70
 whatevaitakes said
I don't know about that.....autopilot systems generally disengage during periods of extreme turbulence, this is when a pilot must take control...... so if there isn't a pilot or one can't fly yourself it's automatically game over.

So mostly likely near term outcome is semi-autonomous flights (autonomous, but supervised by a pilot). Maybe the FAA will issue some kind of semi-autonomous pilots license with reduced training and experience requirement.

Also, all the risks and dangers you mentioned of this type of aircraft already apply to light and sport aircraft.
Except the pilot aspect. I just don't see the need to make flying cars. We just need smarter ground transportation.

3 months ago '15        #17
tr1pp1n  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2626 2 K  Slaps total: 128 128
 Lazy said
Heh

For real.

Plus, what's stopping someone from loading up their Switchblade and taking off near the boarder to pick up or drop off some work?

It's going to be like the Miami vice days but crazier. A nightmare to police and regulate

3 months ago '17        #18
FCWGM 
Props total: 16144 16 K  Slaps total: 1414 1 K
 Lazy said
Heh

Right fu*k I look like driving all the way to the airport just to take off lmaooo

3 months ago '17        #19
ninesix703 
Props total: 1958 1 K  Slaps total: 341 341
 Micheal C. Will said
Cool, hope it works out to be something. But this is decades away to be affordable and available to the general public.

For me, I'm actually in the process of looking to learn and train for an sport pilot license.

Just do single engine fixed wing.

I know the allure is just using your drivers license to fly. LSA's are like paper airplanes. Many documented fatalities on those.
+1   

3 months ago '22        #20
whatevaitakes 
 suddath said
Except the pilot aspect. I just don't see the need to make flying cars. We just need smarter ground transportation.
Before that we need smarter land use policies. Planning departments in majors cities are cancer to good urban design. By "good design" I mean cities and towns with a mix of good amenities not just in the downtown cores. Land uses are of course determined by zoning and topography. Some cities you drive miles this way for something then miles the other way for something else.

Basically a hub and spoke model for urban design is what is needed. Then yes good transportation to link all those small hubs together.

In both cases for urban design and transportation you need less corruption. Look at California's "train to nowhere." Terrible.

3 months ago '22        #21
whatevaitakes 
 ninesix703 said

I know the allure is just using your drivers license to fly. LSA's are like paper airplanes. Many documented fatalities on those.
Second Look: Why Light Sport Aircraft Suffer So Many Crashes

By: Paul Bertorelli

3 months ago '19        #22
HimalayaPlaya87 
Props total: 1121 1 K  Slaps total: 175 175
 FeedTheBeast said

A $169,126 (£145,000) flying car has been approved for take-off.

The Samson Switchblade has received the rubber stamp from the FAA, the U.S. government aviation authority, to start flight testing.

After 14 years of development, the Switchblade is now conducting final high-speed taxi testing prior to flight testing.

Redmond, Oregon-based Samson Sky says 2,100 people have made reservations for the vehicle, which comes in a DIY kit form.

Each Switchblade Kit includes engine, transmission, avionics, interiors and Samson Builder a*sist Program.

The Switchblade is a three wheel, street-legal vehicle that you keep parked in your garage.

You then fly your registered aircraft to the airport nearest your destination - at up to 109 m/h (306 km/h) and 13,048 miles (21,000 km).

Then you simply land, transform your flying sports car back to driving mode - the wings and tail safely stowed and protected - and drive to your final destination.

For the high-speed taxi tests, the wings were removed from the vehicle, so there would be no chance that the vehicle would start to go airborne.

"Our take-off speed is predicted to be 88 mph, meaning that’s the speed we need to hit, at which point the Switchblade would begin to lift off the ground," said Sam Bousfield, CEO Samson Sky and designer of the Switchblade.

“Out of the fastest of 10 speed runs, our test driver took the Switchblade to 98 mph, which confirmed what the team saw on the instruments, videos and engine computer data -- the Switchblade handled and performed very well.”

A flying car has been approved for take-off. (Samson Sky via SWNS)
« ‹ of 8 › »
Samson Sky say the reservation list for the Switchblade has reached 2100, with reservation holders in 52 countries, and in all 50 states.

"Early adopters include NASA engineers, airline pilots, entrepreneurs, etc. The recent FAA approval has attracted 360 new Reservations in just the past few weeks - and it’s notable that 58% of them are not yet pilots," the company said.

Bousfield said: “Artists dream the future, and that future is filled with flying cars.

“If you share that dream, the Switchblade was designed for you.”
They need to k*ll this flying car dream just get to the point where cars can hover off the ground, we have drunk drivers can you imagine a fu*king drunk flyer that sh*t would be terrible
+2   

3 months ago '05        #23
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 137206 137 K  Slaps total: 15119 15 K
 ninesix703 said

The two flight schools I checked out where I live gave no indication of that and from the YouTube videos I've watched I haven't seen anyone saying a LSA is more dangerous to fly than a heavier airplane.

3 months ago '04        #24
Tikyle2 
Props total: 11905 11 K  Slaps total: 1524 1 K
I been working with companies for a few years trying to get into the eVTOL market and this thing you posted ain't it. It's a decent vehicle but it has too many limitations for practical use.

This is the direction we're going in though and more will come soon.

3 months ago '17        #25
ninesix703 
Props total: 1958 1 K  Slaps total: 341 341
 Micheal C. Will said
The two flight schools I checked out where I live gave no indication of that and from the YouTube videos I've watched I haven't seen anyone saying a LSA is more dangerous to fly than a heavier airplane.

When it comes to LSA, the FAA doesn't care about planes design/build or the pilots health. Why is that? Because the intention is to lift the barriers of entry into aviation. Less than 1% of the US is involved at all with this hobby.

Fly both because an introductory lesson or even a simulator would more close to real world experience than watching YouTube videos.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  49
Kyrie Irving: “You have to guard, You're not gonna lock me up”
26 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+50online now  40
Image(s) inside How A 28 Year Old Built a Side Hustle That Brings in $30,000 a Month
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+45online now  38
steph curry picks his all time starting 5...no bron no kobe
75 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-43online now  35
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 CMFT Low "University Blue"