Michelle Yeoh Lost Kill Bill Role for Being Too Good for Uma Thurman to Fight

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
23 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '18        #1
2186 page views
34 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x169
Props total: 208707 208 K  Slaps total: 7753 7 K
Michelle Yeoh Lost k*ll Bill Role for Being Too Good for Uma Thurman to f*ght

"According to Everything Everywhere All At Once actor Michelle Yeoh, she didn't land a role in Quentin Tarantino's martial arts franchise k*ll Bill because she was too good at f*ghting.

Yeoh told Town & Country that she once asked Tarantino why she didn't make it into the series -- especially as the director had previously said her performance in Jackie Chan's Police Story 3 was one of his influences for k*ll Bill. "He's very smart," she explained. "He said, 'Who would believe that Uma Thurman could kick your a*s?'"

Despite not making it into k*ll Bill, Yeoh has seen a lot of success in the martial arts acting world since, the most recent example being A24's multiverse hit Everything Everywhere All At Once. But Yeoh wasn't immediately guaranteed the role as the film's protagonist. In fact, according to Everything Everywhere co-director Daniel Scheinert, she was originally going to play the star's wife. "At first we were like, 'Action movie, going to star a dude,'" he explained.

Yeoh has always been an advocate for female action stars -- something she had to help Jackie Chan himself see the merit in. She recalled that, while shooting the 1992 film Supercop, Chan had tried to talk her out of doing some of her own stunts. "I told him, 'You're a fine one to ask me to stop!'" she explained. "'You're always doing them.'"

Will There Be a Third k*ll Bill?

Kill Bill is a prime example of a female-led action franchise, one which might see a third installment in the near future. When asked in 2021 if he would consider making a third k*ll Bill, Tarantino said "Why not?" but then added, "But first, I want to make a comedy."

Some fans are even rallying around Spider-Man's Zendaya to appear in a new k*ll Bill film if it happens. Zendaya said she was "flattered" by the idea, before adding, "But, you know, it's just an idea. The internet kinda takes things and runs with it."

And just like Zendaya being in a new k*ll Bill might be a pipe dream, so might Tarantino returning to the franchise. In 2014, the director said he was planning to stop directing after ten feature films – a number he has since reached. "10 and done," he said, "leaving them wanting more – that sounds right."

Kill Bill: Volume 1 and Volume 2 are currently available to stream on HBO Max."

visit this link https://www.cbr.com/miche .. thurman-f*ght/
+18   

best
worst
34 comments

2 months ago '11        #2
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 39131 39 K  Slaps total: 1976 1 K
she a legend
+63   

2 months ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 67083 67 K  Slaps total: 4728 4 K
 kevin boogz said
she a legend
Facts
+10   

2 months ago '07        #4
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x83
Props total: 119502 119 K  Slaps total: 16563 16 K
that answer must've felt pretty good to hear

When asked in 2021 if he would consider making a third k*ll Bill, Tarantino said "Why not?" but then added, "But first, I want to make a comedy."
so, he'll go past 10 movies?
+5   

2 months ago '04        #5
CodyThaGod  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3563 3 K  Slaps total: 90 90
 yola said
that answer must've felt pretty good to hear

so, he'll go past 10 movies?
I remember him saying he wouldnt count k*ll Bill 3 as his 10th movie since it's a continuation.
+13   

2 months ago '15        #6
Deuce2416 
Props total: 27513 27 K  Slaps total: 2863 2 K
Crazy thing is, she ain’t even a real martial artist, she’s a trained dancer, so she’s really good with choreography and very flexible.

And Zendaya playing as Vernita Green’s daughter in a 3rd k*ll Bill movie would be nuts. She as unlikely a female action star as Uma was so it might actually work in much the same way.

Last edited by Deuce2416; 08-19-2022 at 04:17 PM..
+25   

2 months ago '15        #7
A NON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4718 4 K  Slaps total: 1358 1 K
The third movie would need more than just that. It would be cool if Zendaya played Cottonmouth's daughter and got k*lled by the main character in the 1st act.

After k*ll Bill 2, is Uma Thurman even fu*king with Tarantino like that?

+2   

2 months ago '10        #8
pacman45  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25961 25 K  Slaps total: 846 846
She one of the goats based off of Supercop alone.
+15   

2 months ago '17        #9
Poncho520 
Props total: 28934 28 K  Slaps total: 1929 1 K
She the Goat

+16   

2 months ago '12        #10
ezduzit 
Props total: 66239 66 K  Slaps total: 6427 6 K
Little Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords
+13   

2 months ago '12        #11
TRILL SH1T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 29698 29 K  Slaps total: 4582 4 K
She’s a goat but QT was bullsh*tting her; Lucy Liu was a biggest star and better choice imo
+15   

2 months ago '16        #12
ghoti 
Props total: 5373 5 K  Slaps total: 404 404
Lucy was an aesthetic choice, I think she was the better looking of the two. Cause if was really going for the full martial arts look he would have went with Yeoh. Yeohs performance in CTHD is still one of my all time favourites. Ain't to many female characters that got that whoop a*s energy and I'm believing it, but she got it in that flick.

Shame they f...ed the sequel, the destiny sword could have been on par with CTHD if they had invested with a decent script and visuals.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #13
LeG.O.A.T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 71791 71 K  Slaps total: 44876 44 K
Zendaya is trash please keep her away from k*ll Bill 3.

Gimme Zazie

+6   

2 months ago '17        #14
YAYO101 
Props total: 44014 44 K  Slaps total: 2388 2 K
She is aging Beautifully by the way, look incredible for her age
+8   

2 months ago '08        #15
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45155 45 K  Slaps total: 3456 3 K
 LeG.O.A.T said
Zendaya is trash please keep her away from k*ll Bill 3.

Gimme Zazie

Better choice right here.

In real life Zazie is weirdo hippie though lol
+2   

2 months ago '10        #16
Account001 
Props total: 5502 5 K  Slaps total: 1177 1 K
All I heard was an excuse for culture appropriation and exploitation

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #17
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 240118 240 K  Slaps total: 19942 19 K
Dope reason. She's an amazing actress and goes above and beyond when playing her role.
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #18
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 240118 240 K  Slaps total: 19942 19 K
 Deuce2416 said
Crazy thing is, she ain’t even a real martial artist, she’s a trained dancer, so she’s really good with choreography and very flexible.

And Zendaya playing as Vernita Green’s daughter in a 3rd k*ll Bill movie would be nuts. She as unlikely a female action star as Uma was so it might actually work in much the same way.
Most kung-fu artists were originally. Most of the those Shaw Brothers actors and actresses were gymnasts or dancers.
+5   

2 months ago '22        #19
Dick2Gutta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8933 8 K  Slaps total: 682 682
Michelle Yeoh should've been the main actress, not no damn uma thurman but we all know she's the reason white folks came to buy the tickets. I have yet to see a white broad who has interest in martial arts...i'm sure a few exists but cmon now.

That' like having the last samurai with Tom Cruise as the main actor

2 months ago '05        #20
Gully Reloaded 
Props total: 13535 13 K  Slaps total: 2599 2 K
 Deuce2416 said

fu*k that actually sounds dope.

2 months ago '05        #21
Gully Reloaded 
Props total: 13535 13 K  Slaps total: 2599 2 K
 d*ck2Gutta said
Michelle Yeoh should've been the main actress, not no damn uma thurman but we all know she's the reason white folks came to buy the tickets. I have yet to see a white broad who has interest in martial arts...i'm sure a few exists but cmon now.

That' like having the last samurai with Tom Cruise as the main actor
Slapped because, if you bothered to watch that classic, which of course you nor anyone who says that dumbass sh*t did, you'd know that Cruise is NOT The Last Samurai. Ken Watanabe and his clan are.

2 months ago '22        #22
Dick2Gutta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8933 8 K  Slaps total: 682 682
 Gully Reloaded said
Slapped because, if you bothered to watch that classic, which of course you nor anyone who says that dumbass sh*t did, you'd know that Cruise is NOT The Last Samurai. Ken Watanabe and his clan are.
Who's face was on the cover while ya bi*ch a*s pumping ya gums..was it Ken Wantanabe's or Tom Cruise?

2 months ago '16        #23
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 148699 148 K  Slaps total: 16283 16 K
That wouldve jumped the shark havin uma beat her up on film and prolly racist lol

2 months ago '05        #24
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 132863 132 K  Slaps total: 14726 14 K
Sounds like something else, because she could have easily played the female role here

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 08-20-2022 at 01:34 AM..

2 months ago '16        #25
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 130558 130 K  Slaps total: 4634 4 K
'Who would believe that Uma Thurman could kick your a*s?'
is the right answer, even though a lot of the sh*t Uma did in that movie i had to suspend all disbelief to enjoy watching it
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+50online now  27
Women on Twitter tell Stories about how Men fumbled the 😾
308 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  23
Video inside '22 Elantra N Owner Gets Pulled Over, Told It Will Cost $7K To Remove S..
94 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+32online now  22
Image(s) inside Got Some Head, Ate Some Bread, Got In Bed, Lucky He Ain’t Dead
99 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
These Gotham Knights previews are pretty damn rough..
85 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy