DJ Clue Believes Records Would Improve If Artists Actually "Wrote Their Raps Down"

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '18        #1
4089 page views
137 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x169
Props total: 208650 208 K  Slaps total: 7753 7 K
DJ Clue Believes Records Would Improve If Artists Actually "Wrote Their Raps Down"

"For some Hip Hop heads, the methodology involved in how rappers hone their skills is just as important as the final product. There are some artists who could boast about having dozens of notebooks scattered around, filled with rhymes, thoughts, and possibilities. There are others who pride themselves on never writing anything down, with some even treating that talent as if it was better than those with a pen.

We've seen an increase in the latter, as they want to follow in the footsteps of artists like Lil Wayne, who has been praised as an artist who doesn't write down his raps. However, DJ Clue seemingly suggested that this mentality isn't helping Hip Hop.

The Power 105.1 radio host and music veteran tweeted that in some ways, lyricism is suffering.

"A lot of these records would be better if these rappers took a pen and pad and wrote their raps down," he said. "It needs to be well thought out and not just saying anything. Some of these songs be A,B,C and awful.. TF [weary face emoji][face palm emoji]."

Several people agreed by saying that there is a "dumbing down" of raps, with one person even calling this time in Hip Hop "the stupidity era." Check out a few reactions below.

visit this link https://www.hotnewhiphop. .. ws.156604.html
+58   

best
worst
137 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #2
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 38977 38 K  Slaps total: 21860 21 K
+12   

2 months ago '20        #3
Novacane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10690 10 K  Slaps total: 3738 3 K
It’s all a feeling to me. The atm weirdness of non written rap is cool. But u can sit and write amazing lyrics like Eminem but I don’t feel like hearing that ish all the time.

The vibe of non written feels good cause that moments energy gets captured and can’t be replaced
+22   

2 months ago '20        #4
The corrector  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21361 21 K  Slaps total: 4606 4 K
I agree
+19   

2 months ago '19        #5
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 97893 97 K  Slaps total: 11162 11 K
 Novacane said
Its all a feeling to me. The atm weirdness of non written rap is cool. But u can sit and write amazing lyrics like Eminem but I dont feel like hearing that ish all the time.

The vibe of non written feels good cause that moments energy gets captured and cant be replaced
You can write down feel good music too. 99% of the greatest songs ever made were written. Stop excusing lazy mfers who can't freestyle for shxt so they just say random shxt or make random noises.
+62   

2 months ago '05        #6
SoReal 
Props total: 6162 6 K  Slaps total: 469 469
Agreed, I see what @ is saying but taking time to really put it together shows hard work and it's laid out better. Yeah you can record an album in a day then have the producers fix it up with your ad-libs but a meticulous worker will try and perfect that sh*t. They'll even scratch out sh*t in real time that just can be worded in a better way. Lazier rappers just like to say sh*t twice and do some uh yeah uh yeah in the middle of the verse and sh*t. And don't forget the the gun sounds that sounds likes lasers

Last edited by SoReal; 08-18-2022 at 09:04 PM..
+13   

2 months ago '11        #7
MakeItHappen456  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4709 4 K  Slaps total: 2429 2 K
What's the incentive ? Mumble raps makes millions
+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #8
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 38977 38 K  Slaps total: 21860 21 K

+33   

2 months ago '16        #9
Soo Special OG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 46106 46 K  Slaps total: 8421 8 K
And he's right
+7   

2 months ago '13        #10
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 163641 163 K  Slaps total: 65306 65 K
Add that to the fact its been the same trap/drill beat for the past 10 years getting used
+25   

2 months ago '04        #11
gunits50cent187 
Props total: 8034 8 K  Slaps total: 1095 1 K
Underground is alive and thriving.
+34   

2 months ago '13        #12
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 29699 29 K  Slaps total: 9716 9 K
He's right but it doesnt change the fact that this era is still dope and old heads aand their taste aint it. a bunch of n*ggas with good writing have terrible ear for music.

2 months ago '17        #13
n8bombay 
Props total: 858 858  Slaps total: 224 224
 Novacane said
Its all a feeling to me. The atm weirdness of non written rap is cool. But u can sit and write amazing lyrics like Eminem but I dont feel like hearing that ish all the time.

The vibe of non written feels good cause that moments energy gets captured and cant be replaced
Thats not whats going on though. Theyre spitting a bar, stopping thinking of a line, then saying another bar. The engineer then pieces all that garbage together . This is not like Jay who WRITES in his head. Has full verses memorized and then spits the whole thing in full . This jigsaw approach just isnt it . You can tell whos doing it too . Its painfully obvious
+15   

2 months ago '14        #14
Christian238 
Props total: 11091 11 K  Slaps total: 1012 1 K
I STILL WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING...even though i can "save" "print" with a click... recipes, grocery lists, random thoughts, quick budget math...definitely the poetry and raps if need be..

I went through this one phase when i used to rap where i would open Word and write on the PC...BUT would still end up scribbling through and perfecting verses after the print...

Keep a notepad within reach...

Could be OCD, could just be the old school in me but writing it down makes if "feel real" or some sh*t...I'll google a recipe then write the sh*t down, tear off a sheet like i don't have a printer full of paper 2 feet in front of me and run to the grocery store...

+20   

2 months ago '04        #15
Veno da Don  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39254 39 K  Slaps total: 3869 3 K
 Novacane said

That's what made the mistake era/s great. Some of those tracks would make for classic mistapes but album wise put out a piece of work not just a bunch of lazy songs.
+4   

2 months ago '19        #16
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 18795 18 K  Slaps total: 1138 1 K
Punch ins after every bar because they're freestyling
+5   

2 months ago '16        #17
Dick Armey 
Props total: 12528 12 K  Slaps total: 4843 4 K
I doubt half these n*ggas are even literate
+14   

2 months ago '12        #18
iBoxden 
Props total: 10682 10 K  Slaps total: 770 770
Everybody wanta be HOV, and HOV still alive
+25   

2 months ago '15        #19
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 36201 36 K  Slaps total: 11132 11 K
The issue is it's harder to flow if you write it down but i think you should go punch in and then go back and edit your rough draft by writing it down.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #20
MegaTON 
Props total: 24541 24 K  Slaps total: 4219 4 K
 S-Class said
Rap is definitely in the trash can at the moment and all the legends of the past have been droppin garbage a*s albums.
if this cormega 2 sh*t is buns im def off them pt 2's for a long time, already have been tho :hmmm:
+4   

2 months ago '21        #21
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35669 35 K  Slaps total: 8867 8 K
 Christian238 said
I STILL WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING...even though i can "save" "print" with a click... recipes, grocery lists, random thoughts, quick budget math...definitely the poetry and raps if need be..

I went through this one phase when i used to rap where i would open Word and write on the PC...BUT would still end up scribbling through and perfecting verses after the print...

Keep a notepad within reach...

Could be OCD, could just be the old school in me but writing it down makes if "feel real" or some sh*t...I'll google a recipe then write the sh*t down, tear off a sheet like i don't have a printer full of paper 2 feet in front of me and run to the grocery store...

The research shows that writing it down improves retention.

Reading what you wrote before bed also increases retention.
+9   

2 months ago '19        #22
ZigZag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 54243 54 K  Slaps total: 12915 12 K
Jay Z affect... bragging about not writing
+10   

2 months ago '21        #23
F12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 11314 11 K  Slaps total: 5853 5 K
Has DJ Clue ever recorded one verse in his life?

2 months ago '04        #24
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 33812 33 K  Slaps total: 5783 5 K
every camel d!ckrider (weezy fvcking baby n lawse for example) suddenly jumped up n said 'ooh ooh i dont write, either im so special' like some short bus riders

i agree with writing sh!t down. n make revisions. instead dudes just constantly looking for ways to do the least amount of work
+10   

2 months ago '21        #25
F12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 11314 11 K  Slaps total: 5853 5 K
 Novacane said

well said sir

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+49online now  41
Women on Twitter tell Stories about how Men fumbled the 😾
304 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  23
Image(s) inside Got Some Head, Ate Some Bread, Got In Bed, Lucky He Aint Dead
95 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+28online now  18
rich boy arrested for f*ghting with his parents
187 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Video inside '22 Elantra N Owner Gets Pulled Over, Told It Will Cost $7K To Remove S..
91 comments
2 days ago
@rides
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy