No Other Director Will Ever Have A Year Like 1993...

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '20        #1
3786 page views
82 comments

OnlyFactz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x58
Props total: 141892 141 K  Slaps total: 14036 14 K
No Other Director Will Ever Have A Year Like 1993...

Between June-December, 2 box office hit classics.

Jurassic Park - $1.046 Billion

Schindler's List - $322.2 Million

9 Academy Awards in total.

2 for Jurassic Park, 7 for Schindler's List including Best Director and Best Picture.

Last edited by OnlyFactz100; 08-18-2022 at 06:00 PM..
+90   

best
worst
82 comments

1 month ago '08        #2
904Nole 
Props total: 13863 13 K  Slaps total: 1434 1 K
Only debate would be Victor Fleming's 1939. He directed Gone With the Wind (still the highest grossing movie of all time) and The Wizard of OZ in the same year..
+141   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '22        #3
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 33836 33 K  Slaps total: 19758 19 K
Showed some range in one year
+26   

1 month ago '05        #4
bqstudios  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 26674 26 K  Slaps total: 3777 3 K
SPIELBERG......The name alone is legendary

+27   

1 month ago '05        #5
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 124910 124 K  Slaps total: 5455 5 K
Eh, that’s cool and all that but he was sittin in chairs tellin people what to do…

…meanwhile, in ‘93 Deion $anders was playin baseball and football.

+82   

1 month ago '21        #6
Playboy69  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 48266 48 K  Slaps total: 5202 5 K
 JohnnyCage202 said
Eh, that’s cool and all that but he was sittin in chairs tellin people what to do…

93 was my year of the 3peat …
+28   

1 month ago '18        #7
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19244 19 K  Slaps total: 4094 4 K
 JohnnyCage202 said

Chill, this n*gga Spielberg was in charge of thousands of people getting their sh*t on point... hardly as impressive and Deion is my n*gga
+14   

1 month ago '14        #8
Hoodsta1e11 
Props total: 12945 12 K  Slaps total: 1890 1 K
fu*k that year I wanted nothing more but to see Jurassic Park. I came home from school and I the crackhead say yo daddy and them just left, it wasn't my dad but my bi*ch a*s step dad I didn't get along with. My attitude to the crackhead was I give a fuc they just went to pick moms up from work pimped in the house and chilled next thing I knew it was 1am I had started thinking something happened maybe they were in an accident but then they pull up and bros says they went to dinner and to see jurassic park I was so hot I had to read the book I wouldn't get to see the movie till it came out on ppv in 96 because jurassic park was so popular that it went back in theaters
+8   

1 month ago '05        #9
 MrPersonality said
Chill, this n*gga Spielberg was in charge of thousands of people getting their sh*t on point... hardly as impressive and Deion is my n*gga
I hear you and all that, and no knock to the homie…

…but as far as influence on my life: Prime > Spielberg.

And it’s not even fu*kin close…

+5   

1 month ago '11        #10
slimfrom85th 
Props total: 10760 10 K  Slaps total: 1032 1 K
Told my friends name a movie more ground breaking then jurassic park...

Told them that a year ago still waiting
+9   

1 month ago '18        #11
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 52919 52 K  Slaps total: 4102 4 K
 Hoodsta1e11 said
fu*k that year I wanted nothing more but to see Jurassic Park. I came home from school and I the crackhead say yo daddy and them just left, it wasn't my dad but my bi*ch a*s step dad I didn't get along with. My attitude to the crackhead was I give a fuc they just went to pick moms up from work pimped in the house and chilled next thing I knew it was 1am I had started thinking something happened maybe they were in an accident but then they pull up and bros says they went to dinner and to see jurassic park I was so hot I had to read the book I wouldn't get to see the movie till it came out on ppv in 96 because jurassic park was so popular that it went back in theaters
Bruh, please proof read before hitting submit
+25   

1 month ago '10        #12
lltreyll 
Props total: 10547 10 K  Slaps total: 3272 3 K
I'm 37 and this reminds me of how many damn movies I've seen. I agree that movie plots and visual effects have seriously took a dive over the years. So much sh*t has been done already, and it must be extremely difficult to create something with originality that is also entertaining because
of that. But what the fu*k? I often have to take in account of people's age because if they hype up a movie in recent years, but they're fairly young, then usually they are completely unaware the sh*t they thought was so great has been done before. And usually it's laughable or cringeworthy compared to the previous movies that they haven't yet discovered.

I also remember the category of SUSPENSE too, but now there are only thrillers. There used to be straight up categories in video rental stores labeled suspense. What the fu*k happened? There is a big difference between suspense and thrillers. .

Suspense movies are the type that are immersive, captivating and if you've ever heard a movie being described as keeping people on the edge of their seat, then that is referring to suspense..But that is rarely ever the case these days. It's more like occasional scenes here and there, but thats also few and far between movie releases these days. It's really odd.

As for Thrillers, it's usually hack and slash horror subgenre bullsh*t, or supernatural dogsh*t. There aren't many horror related movies that dont end up being predictable, cheesy, unoriginal, and boring either....Oh sh*t, creepy music is playing, I wonder if something will pop out. Oh fu*k, it's quiet I wonder if something will pop out. Always with a loud noise too. Horror movies are so damn predictable, especially these days.

The same can be said about action movies, they're just as predictable, unoriginal, cheesy and boring. Comedies at best have litterally a couple lines or maybe a visual scene that is funny, but that's it. How that qualifies as comedy is beyond me. Sci-fi movies usually have way too much cheesy cgi effects that the movie tries to rely on, but it's so terrible looking that it ruins everything. Super hero movies are about as interesting to me as watching paint dry, because they're so cheesy with awful cgi and are way too predictable.

This is why I basically only look out for immersive movies with suspenseful aspects, thought provoking movies and mindfu*k/plot twist movies. The reason is most other sh*t as I've mentioned is too predictable, cliche, unoriginal, cheesy and hardly qualifies as entertaining.

Thats why Im thinking one of these days I'll make a thread with all the suspenseful, thought provoking, mindfu*k and plot twist movies I've discovered over the years. I gaurentee there are countless gems that people are completely unaware of, regardless of their age. It's just I have so many scattered on different laptops and flash drives, but I'll see about compiling a list of them so far. There's incentive to do it fairly soon, because I've scoured the net for those type of movies for years, and currently there is just the same old list and mentions regurgitated over and over everywhere. But I have loads more that I'll eventually compile to a list. I'll be sure to rank and make small unrevealing comments about them all, because I don't have sh*tty taste in movies and quite a lot aren't on most people's radar. Which is great considering the type of movies I'm into have the best effect when very little is known outside of brief indications. When I get around to compiling the list and making a thread will be proof of that.

[Rant] End [/Rant]
+3   

1 month ago '05        #13
 slimfrom85th said

“Terminator 2: Judgment Day.”

+21   

1 month ago '20        #14
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 33373 33 K  Slaps total: 2381 2 K
 904Nole said
Only debate would be Victor Fleming's 1939. He directed Gone With the Wind (still the highest grossing movie of all time) and The Wizard of OZ in the same year..
Rhett n Scarlet still.pumping units?!?! sh*t that's wild
+1   

1 month ago '10        #15
pyrobc 
Props total: 93 93  Slaps total: 12 12
 904Nole said
I'm a fan of numerology so I can't help but notice the connection here... 1939 & 1993
+13   

1 month ago '20        #16
OnlyFactz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x58 OP
 pyrobc said
I'm a fan of numerology so I can't help but notice the connection here... 1939 & 1993

+9   

1 month ago '22        #17
TuuSlimey 
Props total: 125 125  Slaps total: 86 86
A lot of Real n*ggas were born in 1993 too
+2   

1 month ago '17        #18
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 65612 65 K  Slaps total: 27915 27 K
fu*k both those films. This is ‘93 to me…

1 month ago '04        #19
JEBUS 917 
Props total: 967 967  Slaps total: 60 60
I still never see Schindler's List
+9   

1 month ago '05        #20
 JEBUS 917 said
I still never see Schindler's List
Me neither…

…but I vividly remember how all the Jewish kids on my sports teams were forced by their parents to go see it, and I remember them all complaining about it because what kid would pick that movie?

Make a historical African American movie highlighting the fu*kery we went through, and it’s “why they always tryna show us as ________ ?”

With that being said, I’m anxiously awaiting to see how “Till” performs at the box office…

+1   

1 month ago '20        #21
OnlyFactz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x58 OP
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
fu*k both those films. This is ‘93 to me…

Damn bruh you picked Poetic Justice before Menace II Society?

JohnnyCage202 said
Me neither…

…but I vividly remember how all the Jewish kids on my sports teams were forced by their parents to go see it, and I remember them all complaining about it because what kid would pick that movie?

Make a historical African American movie highlighting the fu*kery we went through, and it’s “why they always tryna show us as ________ ?”

With that being said, I’m anxiously awaiting to see how “Till” performs at the box office…

First saw it during sophomore year of HS when we were learning about the Holocaust. Great epic historical drama. Put me on to a lot of sh*t of what people went through during that time. I recommend it.
+7   

1 month ago '17        #22
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 65612 65 K  Slaps total: 27915 27 K
 OnlyFactz100 said
Damn bruh you picked Poetic Justice before Menace II Society?

First saw it during sophomore year of HS when we were learning about the Holocaust. Great epic historical drama. Put me on to a lot of sh*t of what people went through during that time. I recommend it.
I can't say Menace II Society because I didn't see that one when it came out. I remember vividly the night my mom and them were going to go see it, and she asked if I wanted to go, and I was like nah..wanted to stay home and play video games or watch wrestling I suppose. Can't remember when I finally watched it, but I was definitely an adult.
+2   

1 month ago '15        #23
Mal215 
Props total: 32517 32 K  Slaps total: 3932 3 K
 MrPersonality said
Steve can’t guard a corner like dion

1 month ago '15        #24
Mal215 
Props total: 32517 32 K  Slaps total: 3932 3 K
 slimfrom85th said

+1   

1 month ago '06        #25
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 128513 128 K  Slaps total: 5627 5 K
 JohnnyCage202 said
“Terminator 2: Judgment Day.”

^ truly one of the greats
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now