Its officially over for Robert Sylvester Kelly aka R Kelly after today

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
69 replies  @tech

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

1 month ago '04        #1
11508 page views
304 comments

Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 67532 67 K  Slaps total: 12718 12 K
Its officially over for Robert Sylvester Kelly aka R Kelly after today

Stephanie "Sparkle" Edwards niece who was on the infamous R Kelly s*xtape is currently on the witness stand dropping haymakers
The prosecution's next witness is a Winnetka man who back in 2001 purchased a big house in Lakeview, a converted church with a swimming pool and basketball court and a barbershop. The previous owner was, he came to find out, R. Kelly.
This is the house where Kelly allegedly filmed at least one of the videos at issue in the federal indictment, and in 2002, police evidence technicians came through to take photos, including pics of the wood-paneled room depicted on the tape.
After he purchased the home from R Kelly, he found out that the smoke detectors in the bedrooms were not in fact smoke detectors -- they were videocameras.
He also found that you had to press a button to get out of the bedroom, a feature he removed since he thought it was a safety hazard
“Jane,” aka R. Kelly’s former goddaughter, has taken the stand at Kelly’s federal trial. She is expected to testify Kelly repeatedly s*xually abused her when she was a teenager, and persuaded her to lie to authorities about it.
Jane was at the center of Kelly's child pr0nography case in the early 2000s. She and her family repeatedly denied to authorities that she was the girl on the tape, and she was never called to testify. Prosecutors now say Kelly paid off her family and pressured them to lie.
Jane was starstruck with Kelly, she said, especially after he attended a performance of her music group and gave her good feedback. “It made me feel happy that such a successful person was saying I was gifted, so I was excited.”
Jane is going through and identifying pictures of Kelly's studio, which she said she first began visiting with her aunt Stephanie "Sparkle" Edwards circa 1996-1997. Jane would have been 12-13 years old at that point.
Stephanie told Jane "I should ask him to be my godfather, I should sit on his lap and rub his head and ask him to play that role in my life," Jane testified. She did, and Kelly "chuckled a bit, and said yes."
After that, the nature of their relationship changed, Jane said. "We would spend a lot of time on the phone together, and eventually he might ask me a question like 'what color panties are you wearing?'" She was 13 years old.
Jane testified that she was around 14 when Kelly began to physically touch her in a s*xual way. The first time was late at night, in the office area of Kelly's studio, she said.
Since he was her godfather, it was normal for her to be around him without supervision, she said.
The physical contact escalated to s*x acts when Jane was 14, and Kelly engaged her in s*xual intercourse for the first time when she was 15, she testifies. They had s*x "an innumerable amount of times" when she was 15-18 years old, she says.
Kelly gave her alcohol for the first time when she was 14 and she would drink heavily, she said. "It would help me loosen up, kind of take me away from the moment."
Kelly would suggest Jane recruit her young friends to join them, and she complied, she testified.
"He would make an advance like 'what’s up with this person, how would you feel if they were included in our s*xual activity?' … I told him yes, I would basically pitch the idea."
Lunch Break
Asked why she had s*x with #RKelly, Jane says "It was out of intimidation."
"He was an authoritative figure. I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know how to say no. I just went along with things and it somewhat became normal."

Jane says she started to have feelings for Kelly, so she went along with his request to include her friends. "I was thinking I was in love at the time and I was being submissive. I wanted to give him what he wanted and I didn't want to make him feel like I wasn't cooperative."

Jane says she told no one about her relationship with Kelly because he told her as soon as they started having s*x "to keep it a secret and not to share it with anyone." She was 14 at the time. She said she "wanted to share it" with her friends, but didn't.

Q: Did Mr. Kelly ever record you two engaged in s*xual activity?
A: Yes.
Q: When did that start?
A: When I was 14

Jane now testifying about three recordings that will be played for the jury, of her and Kelly allegedly having s*x at his George Street house, in his bedroom and living room.

Jane says she watched the videos in preparation for her testimony.
Did you watch them from beginning to end?
Yes
Did you watch them with sound?
Yes. (softly)
Who is depicted in these videos?
Robert and myself.
The tapes are being admitted now.

Jane telling jurors the second video in Kelly's living room shows her laying on the floor while Kelly gives her oral s*x. He gives her champagne, telling her to refer to her genitalia as 14 years old. "Then urinated on my v*gina," she says, almost too softly to hear.

Jane's voice is getting quieter and starting to break as she describes the third video, which is the one from the 2008 trial that took place in the "Colorado Room" in Kelly's basement.
Asked if it was a true depiction of what happened that day, Jane whispered, "Yes."

Jane is asked why Kelly appears to hand her money at the beginning of the video? She starts to cry audibly and says after a long pause:
"Because if anybody saw the tape or if it was released for some reason he would say I was a prostitute."

Janes says when CPD first began investigating her relationship with Kelly in 2000, she denied it because he'd told her he'd be ruined if it came out. "That was something I would take to my grave."
Kelly told her she "did a good job answering their questions," she says.

In early 2002, her aunt, Stephanie "Sparkle" Edwards, told her "there was a s*x tape leaked that was including Robert and I," and that it was going to go public.
"I was scared," Jane says. She says Kelly continued to "stress how important it was to continue to deny it."

In early 2002, Kelly told Jane's parents that it was true he'd been having s*x with their daughter and asked that they keep quiet. "I just remember my dad storming out," she says. "He was saying, 'I can't help you, I can't help you.' He was hysterical."

Jane says R. Kelly decided to sent them to the Bahamas and Cancun so they would not be "accessible" to police and the media. "There was a lot of negative attention happening around the videotape and Robert wanted us to leave the country to figure out approaches going forward."

We are on afternoon break. Back in 15 min.
Sounds like Jane will be on the stand for the rest of today and good chunk of Friday.

We are back. Jane says that while they were on their trip, her parents came to the conclusion "They were going to do as I asked and basically stay on (Kelly's) side. She said they'd lost their jobs and couldn't afford lawyers, and they didn't want to lose her, too

Janes says that while she was in Mexico, she got a tattoo with Kelly's name and with a heart. When she got back and showed it to Kelly, he told her it was a problem and had Milton Brown take her to a tattoo artist's house to get it "covered up."

Jane says that after she was subpoenaed to testify before a Cook County grand jury in April 2002, Kelly again told her stay "loyal" and deny it was her on the tape. She says Kelly paid for an attorney to go with her to the appearance.

Jane says she was put under oath before the grand jury.
Q: Were you truthful?
A: No.
Q: What did you tell them that was not true?
A: That I was not involved with (Kelly) s*xually and that we had never made any videotapes.

Jane acknowledges that in exchange for her testimony, she has been granted immunity from prosecution for perjury.

Jane says she turned over 2 key pieces of evidence to Kelly's lawyers: a silver cross necklace that was visible on the s*x tape as well as her passport which had a photo of her wearing the same necklace. The lawyers were Ed Genson and "I believe there was a Sam" (Sam Adam Jr.)

Jane testifies she moved to Kelly's mansion in Olympia Fields while his case was pending, but after he was acquitted, their relationship "changed for the worse.
"As far as other women being involved, as far as abuse coming into play..."
Kelly's lawyer objects. Now in a sidebar.

Jane testifies Kelly abused her from age 17 to the time she left him at 24. "It involved being spanked and hitting," she says. She also says he controlled her, would not allow her to work or leave.

But in 2014, she said, Kelly helped her rent her own place in University Park and get a car to go to work. He paid for it in part with a check that said "Settlement" on it.
Q: Did you have any kind of settlement agreement with Mr. Kelly?
A: No.

Jane says she finally started coming clean about her relationship with Kelly to law enforcement a few years ago. Asked why, she paused for several seconds.
"Because I became exhausted with living with his lies," she says.

That's it for Jane's direct testimony. McDavid's lawyer, Beau Brindley, is starting his cross now. Sounds like Bonjean will cross-examine Jane on Friday
+79   

best
worst
304 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
Marvin divine 
Props total: 4253 4 K  Slaps total: 233 233
This n*gga Kellz is truly disturbing like he psychologically ruined these teenage girls man his music was dope but the person himself shameful
+168   

1 month ago '18        #3
HoopLife88 
Props total: 61746 61 K  Slaps total: 8017 8 K
+15   

1 month ago '13        #4
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 162739 162 K  Slaps total: 65111 65 K
Yet Japan legal age to fu*k is 13 years, most u.s states 16 is the legal age of consent

FREE THE GOAT

1 month ago '16        #5
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 147737 147 K  Slaps total: 16199 16 K
It will be over when they take his masters. I really wish we had a hit squad for these thievin a*s ________. They k*lled prince, michael jackson, james brown.
+21   

1 month ago '13        #6
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 162739 162 K  Slaps total: 65111 65 K
 madman5g111 said
only the free the Goat part creep
WHy gloss over facts tho?

1 month ago '10        #7
Chiyosuke 
Props total: 21374 21 K  Slaps total: 1052 1 K
Kellz a piece of shyt, but ain't this some double Jeopardy type shyt?
+53   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '22        #8
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 35230 35 K  Slaps total: 20396 20 K
Kellz The GOAT, better than Prince and Marvin

Weeknd better than MJ

1 month ago '19        #9
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 97891 97 K  Slaps total: 11162 11 K
BX NAMBLA/Pedos already deep in this thread.

+80   

1 month ago '09        #10
NcAlien 
Props total: 6132 6 K  Slaps total: 361 361
Loved the music until I realized he was a monster.

I hope he can use the time to figure out a way to positively contribute to society with his time in the feds.
+12   

1 month ago '22        #11
SeanDon122 
Props total: 13217 13 K  Slaps total: 968 968
A. It was already over for Kellz.. Man is in jail serving hard time

B. Sparkle? Man.... I'm not using her word as bond man. Her word just as shaky as his lol
+41   

1 month ago '19        #12
Immersion Vox 
Props total: 6801 6 K  Slaps total: 786 786
 Chiyosuke said
Kellz a piece of shyt, but ain't this some double Jeopardy type shyt?
prosecutors are alleging different crimes related to Minor 1, including obstruction of justice for fixing the 2008 trial.
Per Billboard

+7   

1 month ago '19        #13
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 97891 97 K  Slaps total: 11162 11 K
 SeanDon122 said
A. It was already over for Kellz.. Man is in jail serving hard time

B. Sparkle? Man.... I'm not using her word as bond man. Her word just as shaky as his lol

"Jane is going through and identifying pictures of Kelly's studio, which she said she first began visiting with her aunt Stephanie "Sparkle" Edwards circa 1996-1997. Jane would have been 12-13 years old at that point.
Stephanie told Jane "I should ask him to be my godfather, I should sit on his lap and rub his head and ask him to play that role in my life
," Jane testified. She did, and Kelly "chuckled a bit, and said yes."

Sparkle had the nerve to be in that documentary meanwhile she setup her own preteen niece to further her career. She deserves to go sit down in someone's jail too!
+136   

1 month ago '16        #14
Urboyl3 
Props total: 15309 15 K  Slaps total: 1014 1 K
Why did this take so long?
+12   

1 month ago '17        #15
CamburyBXGreat 
Props total: 43986 43 K  Slaps total: 25001 25 K
Sparkle and the girl parents need to be held accountable. Once the money ran out now n*ggas is witnesses.
+100   

1 month ago '10        #16
shawntitan 
Props total: 5460 5 K  Slaps total: 692 692
I a*sume you’re gonna see Kellz do the honorable thing, and hang himself in his cell, as soon as nobody’s watching. Then everyone is gonna call it a conspiracy.
+28   

1 month ago '20        #17
godhillie 
Props total: 5104 5 K  Slaps total: 1016 1 K
If you take the stand under oath and say you lied on the stand under oath before how can anything you be credible?
+38   

1 month ago '21        #18
RJ Watkins 
Props total: 3317 3 K  Slaps total: 1056 1 K
 Urboyl3 said
Why did this take so long?
the hush money stopped flowing after kells was declared broke so now she's trying to cash in her share of the royalties being divied up to all of the victims.
+29   

1 month ago '04        #19
ddash 
Props total: 88599 88 K  Slaps total: 6561 6 K
I sat next to that girl everyday in English class lol.She had a PT cruiser as a freshman and all the nice purses.

Everyone knew she was sparkles niece and rkelly was her godfather lol.When that tape dropped she was long gone.Disappeared overnight

Last edited by ddash; 08-18-2022 at 04:42 PM..
+92   

1 month ago '16        #20
Illogic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 25292 25 K  Slaps total: 14184 14 K
 THEDONN said
Yet Japan legal age to fu*k is 13 years, most u.s states 16 is the legal age of consent

FREE THE GOAT

Age of consent is a social construct sh*t like marriage bi*ch gains the ability to have a baby at like 11 and loses at like 60 for a reason

1 month ago '22        #21
SeanDon122 
Props total: 13217 13 K  Slaps total: 968 968
 aaf192020 said

"Jane is going through and identifying pictures of Kelly's studio, which she said she first began visiting with her aunt Stephanie "Sparkle" Edwards circa 1996-1997. Jane would have been 12-13 years old at that point.
Stephanie told Jane "I should ask him to be my godfather, I should sit on his lap and rub his head and ask him to play that role in my life
," Jane testified. She did, and Kelly "chuckled a bit, and said yes."

Sparkle had the nerve to be in that documentary meanwhile she setup her own preteen niece to further her career. She deserves to go sit down in someone's jail too!
Her ex husband saw Kellz have s*x with Aaliyah then sent Sparkle who did background vocals on Aaliyah's album to go work with Kellz on her debut album .. They all knew what the deal was.. That's the crazy part. They kept the cycle going and kept bringing someone new in to get involved
+43   

1 month ago '20        #22
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 74321 74 K  Slaps total: 23751 23 K
He gave her money so if anyone saw the tape they'd think she was a prostitute?

Then why make the damn tape
+13   

1 month ago '15        #23
amarti9 
Props total: 8755 8 K  Slaps total: 767 767
All I'm wondering is who is going to get the biography rights for a movie and/or documentary.

This got Netflix, HBO and Amazon docu-series all over it.

I can easily see a 10 episode series documenting the troubled rise and fall of r. Kelly.
+8   

1 month ago '05        #24
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 132388 132 K  Slaps total: 14681 14 K
After today?

Dude 55 and was already sentenced to 30 years in June

It was over then
+23   

1 month ago '10        #25
USC 
Props total: 31629 31 K  Slaps total: 3437 3 K
 ddash said
I sat next to that girl everyday in English class lol.She had a PT cruiser as a freshman and all the nice purses.
Keep his a*s locked up
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+155online now  20
The Reality of Men's Struggles
258 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  15
Article inside SNL: Chris Redd was working on that Ime Udoka impression a little TOO..
80 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+137online now  13
Image(s) inside 26 years ago today, Nintendo 64 was released in the US
137 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+28online now  9
Lebron is ready for year 20 (Records Will Be Broken)
115 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy