netflix mafia......ad spammed plan has drawbacks

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '09        #1
923 page views
4 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x89
Props total: 275725 275 K  Slaps total: 29585 29 K
netflix mafia......ad spammed plan has drawbacks

visit this link https://betanews.com/2022 .. ous-drawbacks/

If you have been put off getting a Netflix subscription because you think it's too expensive, the upcoming introduction of a reduced-cost, ad-supported tier may sound appealing. But there are numerous downsides, some of which are only just coming to light.

First of all, there is -- of course -- the fact that there are ads. But if you're happy to put up with this, you may be disappointed to learn that you won't be able to access all content either. But it gets worse. Sign up for the ad-supported tier and you could be missing out on some of the most useful functionality Netflix offers

Delving into the source code of the Netflix iPhone app, developer Steve Moser has unearthed some rather worrying hints that the ad-supported tier will be limited in various ways. One of the findings is not exactly surprising: it will not be possible to skip ads in the way YouTube and other streaming services allow.

But the developer's findings are rather more disturbing that this. Moser posted his findings on his blog and says he found text that reveals it will not be possible to enjoy offline viewing if you opt for a cheaper, ad-supported subscription option.

The text within the code reads:

Downloads available on all plans except Netflix with ads.

In a statement given to TechCrunch, a Netflix spokesperson said:

We are still in the early days of deciding how to launch a lower priced, ad-supported option and no decisions have been made. So this is all just speculation at this point.

In short, Netflix is neither confirming nor denying anything, so we'll just have to wait and see

best
worst
4 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
Y.G. 
Props total: 31207 31 K  Slaps total: 4380 4 K
It's a cheap, ad-supported plan. Why would you expect pluses like offline viewing? I don't think any other service does that.
+2   

1 month ago '05        #3
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42891 42 K  Slaps total: 4878 4 K
You have to pay for YouTube premium if you want no ads and offline play.

People want everything while being cheap
+5   

1 month ago '18        #4
ANONThuMz 
Props total: 16044 16 K  Slaps total: 972 972
 Fauby said
You have to pay for YouTube premium if you want no ads and offline play.

People want everything while being cheap
I just think ppl still think the internet is supposed to be like baq in the day where you can clicc on some shady link you found off a yahoo or google search and have streams available for just about any show or movie you wanna watch after hitting the x in the corner of a tab for about 15 pop up ads lol

1 month ago '17        #5
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 29315 29 K  Slaps total: 2530 2 K
 ANONThuMz said
I just think ppl still think the internet is supposed to be like baq in the day where you can clicc on some shady link you found off a yahoo or google search and have streams available for just about any show or movie you wanna watch after hitting the x in the corner of a tab for about 15 pop up ads lol
There’s still hundreds of thousands of streaming sites like that. The only thing is we have superior ad and pop up blockers then back in the day.

Same turn around is what makes no one buy YouTube premium because on a laptop I haven’t seen a ad in YEARS. But if I use my phone....

People paid for Netflix and Hulu back in the day because it was quicker and more convenient then tv or being a pirate. But now that’s doing a 180 where people are just going back to downloading or back room streaming again.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-37online now  22
[Workout] I Might Transition to Female So I Can Be Like Her
47 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+49online now  18
Image(s) inside Gaming Setup Thread