Robert Downey Jr. Has A Shelved Movie Directed By Jamie Foxx That Can't Be Released

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
41 replies  @hiphop

most viewed right now
86 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section tv / movies

1 month ago '10        #1
8062 page views
141 comments

AriGold  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8321 8 K  Slaps total: 1683 1 K
Robert Downey Jr. Has A Shelved Movie Directed By Jamie Foxx That Can't Be Released

I’ve said for years if Heath Ledger never passed RDJ would’ve won best supporting actor over Heath’s Joker role….Story below.

Since Robert Downey Jr. left his role as Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, audiences have been clamoring to see one of their favorite actors return to his comedy roots. The actor who is best known for his role as Tony Stark started his career in film as part of the so-called Brat Pack in movies like Weird Science. Taking on more roles in the decades that followed, the two-time Academy Award-nominee is famous for his take on eccentric characters. Now, a movie that Robert Downey Jr. made with Jamie Foxx will be shelved for the foreseeable future.

According to a report by Variety, All-Star Weekend will remain shelved until further notice, primarily because of the sensitive nature that comedy films have found themselves in at the present time. All-Star Weekend stars Robert Downey Jr. in a movie directed by Jamie Foxx, alongside an ensemble cast that includes Eva Longoria, Jeremy Piven, Ken Jeong, Gerard Butler, and Benicio del Toro. The movie centers around two friends (Foxx and Piven) who form a rivalry concerning their favorite NBA players, LeBron James, and Stephen Curry. The movie was filmed in 2016 with an anticipated release date of 2018 and has sat idle ever since.
While All-Star Weekend could have been a massive step as a director for Jamie Foxx, the controversy surrounding Robert Downey Jr.’s character may have stalled the movie’s release indefinitely. According to an interview Foxx gave with CinemaBlend, he revealed that Downey’s role as a Mexican has complicated the movie, even though he only filmed his part for one day on set. Although test screenings proved the comedy worked on many levels, with audiences laughing at Downey’s part, the studios behind the film are weary of the current climate. Similar movies are of often ridiculed for casting white actors in roles that people of color typically would be seen in.
Unfortunately for Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx, the irony of All-Star Weekend’s shelving is very apparent. Downey was previously nominated for an Academy Award for playing Kirk Lazarus in Ben Stiller’s Tropic Thunder, an Australian actor who subscribes to method acting to play any role. His dedication to his craft resulted in the fictional Lazarus undergoing surgery to temporarily turn his skin darker to play a Black character in the movie within the movie. The role was considered controversial then, but it was also one of the actor’s most successful parts to date. Tropic Thunder went on to gross over $195 million at the box office against a budget of $92 million.
Further complicating All-Star Weekend from being released is star Jeremy Piven’s noted past s*xual harassment allegations that surfaced after the film wrapped production. US Weekly reports that eight women have accused the actor of s*xual misconduct over an extended period since 2017, which coincided with the #MeToo movement that swept through Hollywood. The scandal mixed with Robert Downey Jr.’s portrayal of a Mexican man has put the Jamie Foxx-directed film into a tailspin, and it looks like audiences will likely not be able to see the movie at all.
+34   

best
worst
141 comments

1 month ago '08        #2
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 14917 14 K  Slaps total: 2281 2 K
Damn
+10   

1 month ago '10        #3
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25238 25 K  Slaps total: 4123 4 K
sounds like a dope movie put it out
+40   

1 month ago '04        #4
1000bluntz 
Props total: 40465 40 K  Slaps total: 8968 8 K
People really need to get over this fu*king sh*t, who gives a fu*k if Robert Downey Jr portrayed a Mexican, he’s a fu*king actor for Christ’s sake. Just release the fu*king movie already. I’m so sick of this dumbass bullsh*t.
+107   

1 month ago '12        #5
ezduzit 
Props total: 66234 66 K  Slaps total: 6424 6 K
This would only be a minor group of ppl. Everybody loves a white person playing a different race. They’ll release it
+18   

1 month ago '22        #6
92Felonies 
Props total: 5438 5 K  Slaps total: 894 894
 ezduzit said
This would only be a minor group of ppl. Everybody loves a white person playing a different race. They’ll release it
Nah I don’t like white n*ggas playing black people

Because we can’t pass for each other for the most part

But I’m not mad at a white man playing a Mexican

Their close due to the Spanish

Also I enjoyed his Portrayal of a a dude playing a dude that’s another dude

+55   

1 month ago '22        #7
92Felonies 
 1000bluntz said
People really need to get over this fu*king sh*t, who gives a fu*k if Robert Downey Jr portrayed a Mexican, he’s a fu*king actor for Christ’s sake. Just release the fu*king movie already. I’m so sick of this dumbass bullsh*t.
We should all give a fu*k that’s one less role for a Mexican man

But hey if they not mad neither am i

1 month ago '15        #8
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 20323 20 K  Slaps total: 1558 1 K
Believe me, I believe
+21   

1 month ago '21        #9
maybehood 
Props total: 1892 1 K  Slaps total: 358 358
I bet Robert getting high as hell. Responsibly of course. bi*ches doing testers. They say once a addict always a addict of course.
+3   

1 month ago '18        #10
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 77927 77 K  Slaps total: 15425 15 K
There's a pattern here. Australian that surgically became Black. Now a Mexican with some other excuse. sh*t weird

1 month ago '08        #11
Godsson777 
Props total: 2340 2 K  Slaps total: 237 237
Cancel culture is the new aids
+12   

1 month ago '22        #12
92Felonies 
Uh nvm
+1   

1 month ago '05        #13
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 147389 147 K  Slaps total: 43953 43 K
Ok to act as a black man. Not ok to act as a Mexican. Make it make sense
+39   

1 month ago '04        #14
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41916 41 K  Slaps total: 6131 6 K
 1000bluntz said

You forget that he caught a lot of heat for doing black face in the movie "Tropic Thunder" not a power move for him to play a Mexican in a film at this point...... facts.
+8   

1 month ago '20        #15
Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11386 11 K  Slaps total: 1905 1 K
That canceled culture sh*t is losing steam just drop it....
+11   

1 month ago '05        #16
240sx 
Props total: 8206 8 K  Slaps total: 1572 1 K
We’re all canceled fuk it !!!!
+1   

1 month ago '07        #17
Deniro732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20180 20 K  Slaps total: 3926 3 K
Stfu and put the sh*t out. Hollywood stay doing some bi*ch made a*s sh*t.
+3   

1 month ago '11        #18
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45114 45 K  Slaps total: 1829 1 K
They dont want to release a Robert Downey Jr movie with him portraying someone of Mexican descent... Theres sh*t on regular digital tv thats a million times more harsh than that.

Nobody tripped about Tropic Thunder it was all comedy. People are sensitive about the wrong sh*t in present day.
+8   

1 month ago '04        #19
jumpman2304  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16607 16 K  Slaps total: 2316 2 K
 1000bluntz said
On god man

1 month ago '14        #20
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 176290 176 K  Slaps total: 38899 38 K
 AriGold said

I’ve said for years if Heath Ledger never passed RDJ would’ve won best supporting actor over Heath’s Joker role….Story below.

slapped
+6   

1 month ago '04        #21
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41916 41 K  Slaps total: 6131 6 K
 maybehood said
I bet Robert getting high as hell. Responsibly of course. bi*ches doing testers. They say once a addict always a addict of course.

Early on in his career it was well known that he was high as fu*k in most of his films.....

Watch "Less Then Zero" thank me later.

+19   

1 month ago '21        #22
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 8225 8 K  Slaps total: 2187 2 K
I still never seen Tropical Thunder because the black face. You can't justify that to me.

1 month ago '15        #23
40 acres 
Props total: 19189 19 K  Slaps total: 2723 2 K
I curious as to how many films are vaulted because of the changing times. Missing out on a lot of great content lol
+9   

1 month ago '06        #24
RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x84
Props total: 71962 71 K  Slaps total: 10124 10 K
this is why Robert Downey Jr should thank his publicist and manager and likely the people around him that direct his career...

ain't no one tryna see white people portraying POC man.. not in 2022...

and though many of the scatter-brained, buck-dancin' BX members on here would like to deny it, back when he did Tropic Thunder there were plenty of black folks that absolutely did not care for it or appreciate it and felt the Academy Award nod was a slap in the face to boot.

To think that he didn't learn from the pushback then, and doubled down years later and did another role in brownface kind of makes me wonder about him. I mean, i know he been a coke head for decades, but still, like, muthafu*ka, you already played with fire once...

only smart thing he did was make sure this sh*t got shelved and never sees the light of day, because while plenty of Mexicans/latinos wouldn't of been bothered, many more wouldn't of liked it one bit.
+6   

1 month ago '18        #25
illicit lee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 12998 12 K  Slaps total: 1488 1 K
 Godsson777 said
Cancel culture is the new aids
More like the old aids ..
the new aids is cancer

U get that sh*t ya finished . .

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+25online now  23
Video inside Eyes Wise Shut is so underrated
37 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  19
9/23.......the great mister abigail finally returns
304 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Dallas rapper BFG Straap shot & k*lled; shot 15 times in chest & face
227 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+314online now  11
Image(s) inside And they wonder why corporate America isn’t diverse
298 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy