I'm considering buying the new Escalade. Has anyone owned an Escalade before?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+19  109
76 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

1 month ago '17        #1
4107 page views
57 comments

GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66
Props total: 77116 77 K  Slaps total: 9718 9 K
I'm considering buying the new Escalade. Has anyone owned an Escalade before?

I've been eyeing the new Escalade for a minute now. Read a couple reviews some bad but most have been positive.

Has any BX member owned one before? Are there some things that I should look out for?
+5   

best
worst
57 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66 OP

Last edited by GodBody; 08-27-2022 at 04:26 PM..

1 month ago '18        #3
ANONThuMz 
Props total: 16037 16 K  Slaps total: 970 970
My uncle on his 4th 1 he he still got his first one. I think it’s a 2006 but that mf got a 700k miles on no engine rebuild just a new tranny… his newest one is a 2018 and his biggest complaints about it are the the facts that is really not self repair friendly. He told me it’s fairly reliable no major issues but he a don’t let it go past 5k miles before a oil change and trans flush. He had to repair the media center, said the screen is cheap and prone to break (stops responding to touches so basically becomes useless)
He was able to repair it hisself but told me he had to remove half the dash board to because everything is layered over media center. Took him about 5 hours to do it but the dearship was tryna charge him over a G to replace that cheap a*s screen. Other than that he mentioned that the interior quality Kees getting lower and lower said it’s mandatory to use leather treatment once a month to keep the seats looking good and not craccn. Hope this was helpful
+30   

1 month ago '17        #4
 ANONThuMz said
My uncle on his 4th 1 he he still got his first one. I think it’s a 2006 but that mf got a 700k miles on no engine rebuild just a new tranny… his newest one is a 2018 and his biggest complaints about it are the the facts that is really not self repair friendly. He told me it’s fairly reliable no major issues but he a don’t let it go past 5k miles before a oil change and trans flush. He had to repair the media center, said the screen is cheap and prone to break (stops responding to touches so basically becomes useless)
He was able to repair it hisself but told me he had to remove half the dash board to because everything is layered over media center. Took him about 5 hours to do it but the dearship was tryna charge him over a G to replace that cheap a*s screen. Other than that he mentioned that the interior quality Kees getting lower and lower said it’s mandatory to use leather treatment once a month to keep the seats looking good and not craccn. Hope this was helpful
Very Helpful my G salute!
+8   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '06        #5
njacura32tl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3562 3 K  Slaps total: 690 690
 GodBody said
I've been eyeing the new Escalade for a minute now. Read a couple reviews some bad but most have been positive.

Has any BX member owned one before? Are there some things that I should look out for?
Just sold two. Waiting on my 3rd. PM me. Happy to help
+4   

1 month ago '21        #6
AdmRu 
Props total: 6428 6 K  Slaps total: 1554 1 K
I drove a 2012 for three years and then flipped it to my lil cousin... He had it as a daily driver until he got a Pick-Up... We love our cars so the Maintenance and Upkeep stayed on point between both of us and that hoe ran like Aladdin's rug last I was in it !!

If you Let them hoes fall into the repair cycle it's a wrap though !

Last edited by AdmRu; 08-18-2022 at 08:20 PM..
+12   

1 month ago '14        #7
breezeus313 
Props total: 15593 15 K  Slaps total: 928 928
Why buy? Just lease
+3   

1 month ago '17        #8
 breezeus313 said
Why buy? Just lease
To be honest I'm most probably going to lease it.
+1   

1 month ago '11        #9
inthezone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20613 20 K  Slaps total: 6514 6 K
If that bihhh acts up make sure you only take it to the dealer
+5   

1 month ago '17        #10
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44619 44 K  Slaps total: 6188 6 K
 GodBody said
To be honest I'm most probably going to lease it.
During the lease keep an eye out for the EV replacement

The Cadillac Lyriq is looking to be god tier to they’re definitely cooking something up
+4   

1 month ago '04        #11
nitetrain8601  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16402 16 K  Slaps total: 2838 2 K
If it fuqs, flies, or rides, lease it.
+8   

1 month ago '08        #12
CarmeloStarks 
Props total: 5460 5 K  Slaps total: 207 207
Fly truck, for some reason every time I’m about to buy one something stops me. Heard great things about the new one hopefully i grab one soon too

1 month ago '21        #13
F12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 11313 11 K  Slaps total: 5851 5 K
 GodBody said
Nobody owned an Escalade before?
Never. They cool, they just too expensive. I like riding in them. They better than Range Rovers. I'm not an SUV guy. I did want that Escalade truck when it dropped 15 years ago. sh*t was a big Tonka toy. Shyt was fire
+1   

1 month ago '21        #14
 ANONThuMz said
700k? No fukkin way.
+4   

1 month ago '22        #15
God Bless 
Props total: 6729 6 K  Slaps total: 5490 5 K
if you're leasing it for a few years reviews dont really matter in the long run. You dont own that sh*t. Drive it and take it back when the lease is up

1 month ago '18        #16
KingBSolo 
Props total: 1123 1 K  Slaps total: 135 135
 nitetrain8601 said
If it fuqs, flies, or rides, lease it.
It is fuqs, flies, or floats bro…

It makes absolutely no sense to lease a car unless doing so for a business and the a*sociated tax write off.

1 month ago '20        #17
HipHop365 
Props total: 2743 2 K  Slaps total: 259 259
 GodBody said

I don’t have one but my brother does and it’s lit

1 month ago '04        #18
badboy600  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11558 11 K  Slaps total: 1381 1 K
My uncle copped a brand new one last year and we decided to hop in it a take a trip to Hershey Park. Car was brand new so he still had both keys on the little ring they give you at the dealer. He a*s had on cargo pants and them keys went flying off somewhere on the 1st coaster we got on. The park said they couldn't do anything until maybe the next morning before the park opened. We had to call a mobile locksmith and he had to program a new key on the spot. I didn't even have the heart to ask how much that sh*t was.
+6   

1 month ago '04        #19
nitetrain8601  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16402 16 K  Slaps total: 2838 2 K
 KingBSolo said
It is fuqs, flies, or floats bro…

It makes absolutely no sense to lease a car unless doing so for a business and the a*sociated tax write off.
Disagree with that. Especially for a luxury car, unless you're in the elite class (Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc.), it makes no sense to buy one unless you're a mechanic for the brand you're buying (BMW mechanic who buys a BMW). The maintenance alone isn't worth it.

In addition, if you like to switch cars every few years and you don't like to deal with maintenance, it makes way more sense to lease.

Just like with housing - when you lease/rent, that's the most a month you will spend. When you buy, that's the least per month you'll spend.

And I say that as someone who purchased his last car.
+6   

1 month ago '21        #20
 GodBody said

I'm bout ta get one of these this summer if I can find one. This shyt dumb fly.

+2   

1 month ago '21        #21

+6   

1 month ago '18        #22
KingBSolo 
Props total: 1123 1 K  Slaps total: 135 135
 nitetrain8601 said
Disagree with that. Especially for a luxury car, unless you're in the elite class (Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc.), it makes no sense to buy one unless you're a mechanic for the brand you're buying (BMW mechanic who buys a BMW). The maintenance alone isn't worth it.

In addition, if you like to switch cars every few years and you don't like to deal with maintenance, it makes way more sense to lease.

Just like with housing - when you lease/rent, that's the most a month you will spend. When you buy, that's the least per month you'll spend.

And I say that as someone who purchased his last car.
You still pay for maintenance with a lease unless you buy a maintenance package.

Renting a House is apples and oranges…

You are committing to a life of car payments and it does not have to be that way. Imagine getting something sensible and taking that 800, 900, 1000+ and stacking it monthly.

People always throw the car maintenance argument to justify leasing a car like you are replacing major components yearly. Many car brands will run till the wheels fall off with regular basic maintenance.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #23
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7710 7 K  Slaps total: 377 377
I never owned one before but my homie use to let me take his sometimes, we’d trade cars when we’d creep around and it was nice, I loved it. So big and roomy, always felt good in it

1 month ago '14        #24
Black Einstein 
Props total: 8100 8 K  Slaps total: 949 949
I have a black on black 2016 Escalade ESV. Only has a little over 50k miles on it. Its storage kept and only used for road trips. About 4 months ago the paint on the hood and roof started to fade. It turns out that there is currently a pending class action lawsuit against GM for the fading paint issue, however they only covered the Silverado/Sierra, Taho/Yukon, and Suburban/Yukon XL. They didn't thi no k to include the Escalades even though they are virtually the same vehicle. For the past 3 weeks I have been in touch with one of the law firms on the case who is in Birmingham (other law firm is in Florida). They decided not the add the Escalades to the current suit, but are hoping to file a separate class action suit just for the Escalades. Unfortunately they don't want to initiate the suit in KY (where I live) because they said this state is not favorable to those type of cases, and are hoping to find an Escalade owner in another state while is having the issue.

Meanwhile, I was quoted $1,800 to $2,000 to have it repainted. I might just say fu*k it and pay to get it fixed. Dont want to wait and it end up getting worse and costing more.

Lawsuit Info:

My Truck

Last edited by Black Einstein; 08-18-2022 at 09:16 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '22        #25
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 33099 33 K  Slaps total: 19420 19 K
Esco dress code it changes
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
Video inside Will Young Americans Want to Work in Semiconductor Manufacturing?
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+55online now  17
Image(s) inside We are in a food crisis all og our food is fake.
167 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Dallas rapper BFG Straap shot & k*lled; shot 15 times in chest & face
229 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+175online now  16
Video inside “LA k*lled more Rappers than any other city, I WILL NOT check in”
183 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy