Aug 16 - Home builders says US is in a housing recession

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+19  114
76 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '22        #1
1741 page views
35 comments

Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10981 10 K  Slaps total: 6769 6 K
Aug 16 - Home builders says US is in a housing recession

Builder sentiment in the market for single-family homes fell into negative territory in August, as builders and buyers struggle with higher costs.

The National a*sociation of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index dropped 6 points to 49 this month, its eighth straight monthly decline. Anything above 50 is considered positive. The index has not been in negative territory since a very brief plunge at the start of the Covid pandemic. Before that, it hadn’t been negative since June 2014.

“Tighter monetary policy from the Federal Reserve and persistently elevated construction costs have brought on a housing recession,” said NAHB Chief Economist Robert Dietz.

Consumer confidence in the housing market hits the lowest point in over a decade
Consumer confidence in the housing market hits the lowest point in over a decade
Home prices cooled at a record pace in June, according to housing data firm
Home prices cooled at a record pace in June, according to housing data firm
Of the index’s three components, current sales conditions dropped 7 points to 57, sales expectations in the next six months fell 2 points to 47 and buyer traffic fell 5 points to 32.

Despite higher costs for land, labor and materials, about 1 in 5 builders in August reported lowering prices in the past month in an effort to increase sales or limit cancellations. The average drop reported was 5%.

The biggest hurdle for buyers right now is affordability. Home prices have been climbing since the start of the pandemic, and the average rate on the 30-year fixed mortgage, which had hit historic lows in the first part of the pandemic, is nearly twice what it was at the start of this year. Home price growth has cooled somewhat in recent weeks, while mortgage rates have come down from highs.

“The total volume of single-family starts will post a decline in 2022, the first such decrease since 2011. However, as signs grow that the rate of inflation is near peaking, long-term interest rates have stabilized, which will provide some stability for the demand-side of the market in the coming months,” Dietz said.

Regionally, on a three-month moving average, builder confidence in the Northeast fell 9 points to 56, and dropped 3 points in the Midwest to 49. In the South it fell 7 points to 63, and in the West, where home prices are highest, it declined 11 points to 51

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2022 .. box=1660572058
+6   

best
worst
35 comments

1 month ago '13        #2
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22785 22 K  Slaps total: 2300 2 K
Bubbles popping. Houses in my neighborhood doubled from 2019…
+10   

1 month ago '15        #3
T rootz 
Props total: 8016 8 K  Slaps total: 579 579
We still building in our +55 areas... 3 brand new Multiplex community's most starting from the $500,000 - $2,000,000 with each community having 600+ units.... Plam beach is going crazy.
+10   

1 month ago '17        #4
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 87759 87 K  Slaps total: 7419 7 K
They full of sh*t. Build some houses at $200k then
+27   

1 month ago '19        #5
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 61852 61 K  Slaps total: 9827 9 K
 T rootz said
We still building in our +55 areas... 3 brand new Multiplex community's most starting from the $500,000 - $2,000,000 with each community having 600+ units.... Plam beach is going crazy.
Oh yeah 55+ communities is where the money is at, Specially with inflation and most of these folks being on fixed income; Even if you rent it to them at market price you still are profiting as these mfs will mostlikely be there until their passing so its a win/win.
+7   

1 month ago '04        #6
bibbyboi 
Props total: 19391 19 K  Slaps total: 2796 2 K
It's definitely not slowing down in my area.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #7
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 87759 87 K  Slaps total: 7419 7 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
Oh yeah 55+ communities is where the money is at, Specially with inflation and most of these folks being on fixed income; Even if you rent it to them at market price you still are profiting as these mfs will mostlikely be there until their passing so its a win/win.
My grandmother lives in a 55+ community. They taking all the money and no care for their needs.
+8   

1 month ago '19        #8
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 61852 61 K  Slaps total: 9827 9 K
 Ifeellikekobe said
My grandmother lives in a 55+ community. They taking all the money and no care for their needs.
Pretty much because they know their tenants don't have a choice, Its either continue renting through them, Try buying a house which good luck with that or be homeless.
+6   

1 month ago '20        #9
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 71015 71 K  Slaps total: 13026 13 K
Greed
+8   

1 month ago '04        #10
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34373 34 K  Slaps total: 1598 1 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
yessir. plus the baby boomer generation all currently or starting to retire and go on fixed income. $$$$$$$$$$$
+3   

1 month ago '04        #11
nitetrain8601  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16402 16 K  Slaps total: 2838 2 K
Problem is, price of materials are up and housing prices are correcting themselves while interest rates stay climbing. You’re going to see a lot of abandoned homes in the next 18 months.

Builders can’t take a risk and are better off building rental units or waiting until the market seems to have mostly corrected itself. I know realtors who are telling their clients to rent their house rather than sell as they’re going to take a hit.
+9   

1 month ago '22        #12
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 10981 10 K  Slaps total: 6769 6 K
 nitetrain8601 said
Problem is, price of materials are up and housing prices are correcting themselves while interest rates stay climbing. You’re going to see a lot of abandoned homes in the next 18 months.

Builders can’t take a risk and are better off building rental units or waiting until the market seems to have mostly corrected itself. I know realtors who are telling their clients to rent their house rather than sell as they’re going to take a hit.
Bought my home in 2018 in a booming economy I can sell my crib now with 70k profit
+7   

1 month ago '06        #13
sunsetnVine 
Props total: 25644 25 K  Slaps total: 2279 2 K
 Ifeellikekobe said
Soon…
+1   

1 month ago '05        #14
projectd06 
Props total: 41296 41 K  Slaps total: 9283 9 K
All our builders around here are still pumping them sh*ts out, not sure where this is at.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #15
Illogic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 25129 25 K  Slaps total: 14083 14 K
Good Houses are overpriced right now i paid 500k for one of mine years ago now they want 8 for same the crib i wouldnt pay 8 for it
+1   

1 month ago '04        #16
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59792 59 K  Slaps total: 4114 4 K
Literally got acres of new homes, condos, and town homes being built in my area. Cost to build is much higher but nothing slowing down.
+1   

1 month ago '10        #17
SecretAgentMan 
Props total: 740 740  Slaps total: 724 724
In other news....water is wet
+1   

1 month ago '06        #18
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 46573 46 K  Slaps total: 6026 6 K
Where's all them dudes in that other thread agreeing that the definition to the word recession isn't correct?

layoffs happening at the biggest companies in the world, belt tightening at others, hiring freezes, real estate on a shaky road, economy shrunk.. but somehow the exact definition to recession is wrong.

1 month ago '04        #19
jholla31 
Props total: 3042 3 K  Slaps total: 374 374
The real question becomes can people maintain a sufficient debt to income ration going forward in a period of time when the end of inflation seems to be nowhere in sight....

Will new home buyers coming into the market in the next 3 years be able to keep up? I don't see these guys selling their homes for cheaper if everything else is going up..
+1   

1 month ago '17        #20
Its 
Props total: 44265 44 K  Slaps total: 3243 3 K
My only advice is start putting cash to the side....
You can come up for real on the next year or two
+6   

1 month ago '17        #21
S550  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 11400 11 K  Slaps total: 4735 4 K
 Ifeellikekobe said
It’s not that easy lol

Unless you are building 900 sq ft micro
Homes

1 month ago '04        #22
doczdaname  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17110 17 K  Slaps total: 2765 2 K
Really? where I live they keep building sub-divisions and never stopped through 2020 till now and people are buying all of them. No halt in production and no halt in people buying homes so if we are in a recession then they have me fooled because I don't see it, atleast not around my area. sh*t is booming out here in cali.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #23
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 107343 107 K  Slaps total: 15642 15 K
Housing's slowdown will CAUSE the recession. It will be the single biggest factor. Like 20 people eat off of a real estate transaction and they're drying up. The lower volume of home sales - not exclusive to new builds - means realtors, mortgage loan officers, appraisers, home inspectors, title company employees, underwriters, and many construction professionals will allllll be tightening their belts. And that is a lot of contagion that will spread.

Housing transactions are 15% of GDP. And they've already contracted in volume over 10%. And it's not over.

That having been said to paraphrase Warren Buffett... others are fearful, it's time to get GREEDY. I'm writing up below list offers on multifamily to close the year. I will find my motivated seller. And when this contraction causes more layoffs in 2023 I'm double dipping

+3   

1 month ago '06        #24
yumflip  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 22700 22 K  Slaps total: 2317 2 K
 Booda Sack said
Bought my home in 2018 in a booming economy I can sell my crib now with 70k profit
Depending on where you're at, that 70k profit will land you in a similar home in a lesser neighborhood. The buyers market is kinda misleading right now. Higher prices for sure, but not as many qualified buyers.

I'm still waiting for the mass pivot to less than 1000 sq ft homes. And smaller sq footage for all living spaces overall. Watching that Home series on Apple TV put me on to the way people in Hong Kong live. Those apartments are 500 sq ft or a little more or less. I don't know if Americans who grew up w/the idea of a 1 family home can change to something like that, but we need to.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #25
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 71015 71 K  Slaps total: 13026 13 K
There is a slow down because i see homes with for sale signs longer ?
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
Video inside Will Young Americans Want to Work in Semiconductor Manufacturing?
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+175online now  19
Video inside “LA k*lled more Rappers than any other city, I WILL NOT check in”
183 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside Dallas rapper BFG Straap shot & k*lled; shot 15 times in chest & face
229 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+55online now  13
Image(s) inside We are in a food crisis all og our food is fake.
167 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy