Aug 16 - The most damaging farm products? Organic, pasture-fed beef and lamb

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+28  99
112 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '16        #1
1133 page views
28 comments

00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 61878 61 K  Slaps total: 6053 6 K
Aug 16 - The most damaging farm products? Organic, pasture-fed beef and lamb

Perhaps the most important of all environmental issues is land use. Every hectare of land we use for extractive industries is a hectare that can’t support wild forests, savannahs, wetlands, natural grasslands and other crucial ecosystems. And farming swallows far more land than any other human activity.

What are the world’s most damaging farm products? You might be amazed by the answer: organic, pasture-fed beef and lamb. I realise this is a shocking claim. Of all the statements in my new book, Regenesis, it has triggered the greatest rage. But I’m not trying to wind people up. I’m trying to represent the facts. Let me explain.

Arable crops, some of which are fed to farm animals, occupy 12% of the planet’s land surface. But far more land (28%) is used for grazing: in other words, for pasture-fed meat and milk. Yet, across this vast area, farm animals that are entirely pasture-fed produce just 1% of the world’s protein.

Livestock farmers often claim that their grazing systems “mimic nature”. If so, the mimicry is a crude caricature. A review of evidence from over 100 studies found that when livestock are removed from the land, the abundance and diversity of almost all groups of wild animals increases. The only category in which numbers fall when grazing by cattle or sheep ceases are those that eat dung. Where there are cattle, there are fewer wild mammals, birds, reptiles and insects on the land, and fewer fish in the rivers. Perhaps most importantly – because of their crucial role in regulating living systems – there tend to be no large predators.

We don’t think about large predators in the UK, because we’ve exterminated them. Efforts to bring back lynx and wolves have so far been thwarted by the objections of livestock farmers. In the United States, where big carnivores still exist, federal and state agencies wage war against them on behalf of cattle and sheep farmers, often with astonishing brutality. A federal body called Wildlife Services uses poisoned baits, snares and leghold traps and shooting from planes and helicopters to k*ll wolves, coyotes, bears and bobcats. Its agents have incinerated pups in their dens, or dragged them out and clubbed them to death.

Perhaps its most controversial k*lling tools are cyanide landmines: spring-loaded canisters of sodium cyanide planted in the ground, that spray the poison into the faces of animals that trip them. They’ve k*lled a wide range of endangered species, dozens of domestic dogs and at least one person. There are very few places – mostly parts of eastern and southern Africa – in which livestock farmers tolerate large predators, generally where tourism revenues are high.

Even if we manage to ignore this crucial ecological issue, there’s still a massive problem. Many livestock farmers now claim to practise “regenerative grazing”. The minimum definition of ecological regeneration is permitting trees to return to formerly wooded lands. In the uplands of Britain, to judge by the experience of deer managers, this means a maximum of about one sheep for every 20 hectares (50 acres). They might as well not be kept at all. In the lowlands, the Knepp rewilding project in Suss*x shows how far production has to fall to permit the return of trees and other wildlife: it generates just 54kg of meat a hectare. If, as many chefs and foodies and some environmentalists propose, meat were to come only from regenerative farms, it would be so scarce that only millionaires would eat it.

In reality, the great majority of “regenerative” pasture-fed meat is nothing of the kind. It’s rebranded ranching, arguably the most destructive industry on Earth. In the US, livestock grazing is the primary reason for land degradation. It has caused an invasive species called cheatgrass to sweep across North America, devastating ecosystems. Cattle fencing excludes wild herbivores and stops migration. The supposedly-greener methods some ranchers call “holistic management” or “planned grazing” are just as bad for wildlife as conventional ranching.

In the UK, my estimates suggest that some 4m hectares of hill and mountain are used for sheep farming. Almost all this land, much of which would otherwise support temperate rainforest, is treeless, as tree seedlings are highly nutritious and selectively eaten by sheep. There are more trees for each hectare in some parts of inner London than there are in the “wild” British hills where sheep graze. The remaining vegetation is badly degraded.

Four million hectares is 22% of the entire farmed area. It’s roughly equivalent to all the land used to grow grain in this country , and 23 times the area used for growing fruit and vegetables. But, in terms of calories, lamb and mutton supply just over 1% of the UK’s food.

Pasture-fed meat production, in other words, is the major cause of agricultural sprawl. People rail against urban sprawl: the profligate use of land for housing and infrastructure. But the world’s urban areas occupy just 1% of the planet’s land surface, in comparison with the 28% used for grazing. Agricultural sprawl inflicts a very high ecological opportunity cost: the missing ecosystems that would otherwise exist.

This is matched by the carbon opportunity cost of pasture-fed beef and lamb. Meat production has two kinds of global heating impact: its climate current account, which means the gases released by farming animals; and its climate capital account, which means the carbon dioxide the land could absorb if it were rewilded. The current account is dominated by the powerful greenhouse gases methane and nitrous oxide. Organic beef farms, whose animals take longer to raise and need even more land, lose twice as much nitrogen for each kilo of meat as conventional beef farms. In most cases, their current account emissions are astonishingly high, even in comparison with conventional beef farming, though some organic experiments, such as FAI Farms at Wytham in Oxfordshire, have found ways to reduce the time it takes for cattle to fatten.

Ranching’s capital account is always in debt, because wild ecosystems store more carbon than the fields and pastures that have taken their place. These debts can be enormous. A study of carbon opportunity costs published in Nature found that, while the global average cost of soybeans is 17kg of carbon dioxide for each kilogram of protein, the average carbon opportunity cost of a kilogram of beef protein is an astounding 1,250kg. Another paper calculates that if we all shifted to a plant-based diet, the carbon drawn down from the atmosphere by recovering ecosystems would be equivalent to the world’s fossil fuel emissions from the previous 16 years.

The livestock industry has fought back with a massive public relations campaign, seeking to persuade people that pasture-fed meat helps reduce global heating by storing carbon in the soil. Yet, despite the many claims, there is no empirical evidence that carbon storage in pastures can even compensate for grazing’s current account emissions, let alone address the capital debt. Just as the oil industry tried to convince us that CO2 was good for the planet on the grounds that it’s “plant food”, the ranching industry has sought to sow doubt and confusion about its vast environmental impacts.

We live in a bubble of delusion about where our food comes from and how it is produced. We’ve been dealing in stories when we should be dealing in numbers. Our gastropr0n aesthetics, embedded in bucolic fantasy, are among the greatest threats to life on Earth.

visit this link https://www.theguardian.c .. -fed-beef-lamb
+2   

best
worst
28 comments

1 month ago '21        #2
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35358 35 K  Slaps total: 8729 8 K
The alternative is overcrowding and tons of chemicals.

So how can I continue to eat clean meat? Who's gonna provide it?

I don't want no hippie answers.
+4   

1 month ago '15        #3
Kehinde 
Props total: 8878 8 K  Slaps total: 2428 2 K
I think capitalist corporations tearing down ecosystems for profits is far worse than land grazing animals
+15   

1 month ago '04        #4
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 44182 44 K  Slaps total: 9576 9 K

+3   

1 month ago '06        #5
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 118559 118 K  Slaps total: 25352 25 K
 Kehinde said
I think capitalist corporations tearing down ecosystems for profits is far worse than land grazing animals
beyond the land use issue is the massive amount of energy used in cultivation/processing/transport of the meat/feed/livestock.

The entire project itself is just incredibly energy intensive.

1 month ago '06        #6
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 118559 118 K  Slaps total: 25352 25 K
If you can't bring yourself to go vegetarian or vegan (like me lol) see if there's a farmer's market nearby where you can buy directly from the farm.

Even doing that cuts out a massive amount of emissions on a single transaction, not to mention the meat is typically much fresher and higher quality, albeit a bit more expensive ($8/lb for a boneless pork shoulder over here for reference)
+8   

1 month ago '15        #7
Kehinde 
 Skateboard T said
beyond the land use issue is the massive amount of energy used in cultivation/processing/transport of the meat/feed/livestock.

The entire project itself is just incredibly energy intensive.
Subtract capitalist agricorporations from the equation and you got humans and animals doing what they've been doing for hundreds of thousands of years, with no destruction to earth as we see today.

This all falls back on the capitalist/political structure of the west and humans who dehumanize other humans and destroy the world in the process. It is what it is gotta get rid if the current status quo if we want to get back to sustainable living in harmony with planet
+7   

1 month ago '10        #8
lltreyll 
Props total: 10471 10 K  Slaps total: 3268 3 K
The only meat I'll buy at stores are organic. That article is ridiculous and completely skipped over the core issue of damaging the environment, and the main cause of global warming/climate change. It all leads back to overpopulation.

If there wasn't so many people, there wouldn't be so much added sugar, artificial sweetners and other unnatural bullsh*t in over 90% of food and drinks.
All that is unquestionably the direct cause for the obesity, diabetes epidemic. And food largely isn't even food anymore, because in order to feed almost 8 billion people and climbing is a pipedream to do with pure, natural and unadulterated food and drinks. Plus manufacturers will stoop to any fu*ked up level if it means more profit, and the FDA certainly doesnt stop every fu*ked up thing from ending up in food and drinks either.. Most people don't think about that and certainly don't realize it, but I understand why.

Unless people are on a diet or have food allergies, then they don't know or seem to care what is in the sh*t that they eat and drink. Nothing is stopping you from looking in your fridge, freezer and at the ingredients of sh*t at fast food and restaurants though... I'll bet you'll notice how 'corn syrup' is listed more than anything as an ingredient in damn near everything..Google the problems that nasty sh*t can cause and is linked to once (diabetes, weight gain and a lot more). Then ask yourself why it's restricted in other countries but not in America.

Money and ignorance, that's why.

But there is also all the other added sugars and artificial sweetners in damn near everything too, like:

Dextrose
Fructose
Galactose
Glucose
Lactose
Maltose
Sucrose
Beet sugar
Brown sugar
Cane juice crystals
Cane sugar
Castor sugar
Coconut sugar
Confectioner's sugar
Powdered sugar
Corn syrup solids
Crystalline fructose
Date sugar
Demerara sugar
Dextrin
Diastatic malt
Ethyl maltol
Florida crystals
Golden sugar
Glucose syrup solids
Grape sugar
Icing sugar
Maltodextrin
Muscovado sugar
Panela sugar
Raw sugar
Granulated sugar
Table sugar
Sucanat
Turbinado sugar
Yellow sugar
Agave Nectar/Syrup
Barley malt
Blackstrap molasses
Brown rice syrup
Buttered sugar/buttercream
Caramel
Carob syrup
Evaporated cane juice
Fruit juice
Fruit juice concentrate
Golden syrup
Honey
Invert sugar
Malt syrup
Maple syrup
Molasses
Rice syrup
Refiner's syrup
Sorghum syrup
Treacle
Equal™
Nutrasweet™
Splenda™
Sweet'N Low™
Aspartame.
Calcium cyclamate
Cyclamates
Saccharin
Sodium cyclamate
Sweetening agent

That's just added sugar and artificial sweetners that sometimes double as cheap preservatives that are added to damn near everything including meat. The fu*ked up ingredient corn syrup is often added to meat too, but there are all kinds of other strange unnatural sh*t put in food, meat and drinks.

The main reason is that the fu*ked up ingredients are cheap alternatives, which translate to lower overhead cost of manufacturers and more opportunity to turn profit. But they often get greedy at whatever cost, like the ingredients actually being a detriment to our health...Speaking of that I developed a malabsorbtion to corn syrup, fructan, fructose, derivatives and things similar to it all. Why is because I drank way too much soda when I was real young, and dsmn near everything has corn syrup and other artificial sweetners in it. That's why I'm so familiar with all of this stuff, and how problematic and damaging it all can be to our body's.

Soda has a lot of corn syrup, and drinking so much of it along with damn near everything else having corn syrup and similar sh*t in it lead to damaging some of my innternal organs, like my liver and intestines....So now if I eat, drink or use any condiments that have corn syrup, fructans, fructose or the like will lead to a malabsorbed reaction that does crazy sh*t to my skin. It's basically a food allergy now and its fu*ked up, but I've learned so much that sheds light on a lot of things beyond me managing and adapting to it all. Like why the fu*k corn syrup and other crazy sh*t is even doing in most food and drinks to begin with.

Some of the reason why is out of greed and ignorance for sure, but in the broader sense of why natural food and drinks that don't have crazy and problematic ingredients in them are so rare has everything to do with overpopulation. Being able to keep the ridiculous amount of people throughout the world fed and hydrated by clean and completely natural food and drink is next to impossible. There is just too many people, and the greed and ignorance of it all is why natural food and ingredients are so rare.

So saying the closest thing to natural meat outside of hunting is supposed to be the most damaging to the planet isn't covering why there needs to be a lot of farms to begin with. And certainly it isn't considering that the world has way too many mouths to feed and not enough suitable land for enough organic farms to begin with....Less of them isn't the answer. More people need to stop having kids.

The core of so many problems that affect us all and everything in the world all lead back to same thing.. There is way too many people.

1 month ago '14        #9
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 176313 176 K  Slaps total: 38900 38 K
These type of folk never go after golf courses imo they are a massive waste of land as well
+13   

1 month ago '15        #10
Kehinde 
 lltreyll said
The only meat I'll buy at stores are organic. That article is ridiculous and completely skipped over the core issue of damaging the environment, and the main cause of global warming/climate change. It all leads back to overpopulation.

If there wasn't so many people, there wouldn't be so much added sugar, artificial sweetners and other unnatural bullsh*t in over 90% of food and drinks.
All that is unquestionably the direct cause for the obesity, diabetes epidemic. And food largely isn't even food anymore, because in order to feed almost 8 billion people and climbing is a pipedream to do with pure, natural and unadulterated food and drinks. Plus manufacturers will stoop to any fu*ked up level if it means more profit, and the FDA certainly doesnt stop every fu*ked up thing from ending up in food and drinks either.. Most people don't think about that and certainly don't realize it, but I understand why.

Unless people are on a diet or have food allergies, then they don't know or seem to care what is in the sh*t that they eat and drink. Nothing is stopping you from looking in your fridge, freezer and at the ingredients of sh*t at fast food and restaurants though... I'll bet you'll notice how 'corn syrup' is listed more than anything as an ingredient in damn near everything..Google the problems that nasty sh*t can cause and is linked to once (diabetes, weight gain and a lot more). Then ask yourself why it's restricted in other countries but not in America.

But there is also all the other added sugars and artificial sweetners in damn near everything too, like:

Dextrose
Fructose
Galactose
Glucose
Lactose
Maltose
Sucrose
Beet sugar
Brown sugar
Cane juice crystals
Cane sugar
Castor sugar
Coconut sugar
Confectioner's sugar
Powdered sugar
Corn syrup solids
Crystalline fructose
Date sugar
Demerara sugar
Dextrin
Diastatic malt
Ethyl maltol
Florida crystals
Golden sugar
Glucose syrup solids
Grape sugar
Icing sugar
Maltodextrin
Muscovado sugar
Panela sugar
Raw sugar
Granulated sugar
Table sugar
Sucanat
Turbinado sugar
Yellow sugar
Agave Nectar/Syrup
Barley malt
Blackstrap molasses
Brown rice syrup
Caramel
Carob syrup
Evaporated cane juice
Fruit juice
Fruit juice concentrate
Golden syrup
Honey
Invert sugar
Malt syrup
Maple syrup
Molasses
Rice syrup
Refiner's syrup
Sorghum syrup
Treacle
Equal™
Nutrasweet™
Splenda™
Sweet'N Low™
Aspartame.
Calcium cyclamate
Cyclamates
Saccharin
Sodium cyclamate
Sweetening agent

That's just added sugar and artificial sweetners that sometimes double as cheap preservatives that are added to damn near everything including meat. The fu*ked up ingredient corn syrup is often added to meat too, but there are all kinds of other strange unnatural sh*t put in food, meat and drinks.

The main reason is that the fu*ked up ingredients are cheap alternatives, which translate to lower overhead cost of manufacturers and more opportunity to turn profit. But they often get greedy at whatever cost, like the ingredients actually being a detriment to our health...Speaking of that I developed a malabsorbtion to corn syrup, fructan, fructose, derivatives and things similar to it all. Why is because I drank way too much soda when I was real young, and dsmn near everything has corn syrup and other artificial sweetners in it. That's why I'm so familiar with all of this stuff, and how problematic and damaging it all can be to our body's.

Soda has a lot of corn syrup, and drinking so much of it along with damn near everything else having corn syrup and similar sh*t in it lead to damaging some of my innternal organs, like my liver and intestines....So now if I eat, drink or use any condiments that have corn syrup, fructans, fructose or the like will lead to a malabsorbed reaction that does crazy sh*t to my skin. It's basically a food allergy now and its fu*ked up, but I've learned so much that sheds light on a lot of things beyond me managing and adapting to it all. Like why the fu*k corn syrup and other crazy sh*t is even doing in most food and drinks to begin with.

Some of the reason why is out of greed and ignorance for sure, but in the broader sense of why natural food and drinks that don't have crazy and problematic ingredients in them are so rare has everything to do with overpopulation. Being able to keep the ridiculous amount of people throughout the world fed and hydrated by clean and completely natural food and drink is next to impossible. There is just too many people, and the greed and ignorance of it all is why natural food and ingredients are so rare.

So saying the closest thing to natural meat outside of hunting is supposed to be the most damaging to the planet isn't covering why there needs to be a lot of farms to begin with. And certainly it isn't considering that the world has way too many mouths to feed and not enough suitable land for enough organic farms to begin with....Less of them isn't the answer. More people need to stop having kids.

The core of so many problems that affect us all and everything in the world all lead back to same thing.. There is way too many people.
I gonna go back and peruse your reply cuz you sound like you're talking some good but I see the main premise you're trying to convey is that overpopulation is the root cause and I gotta disagree. Overpopulation is a euphemism for the systemic extermination of the indigenous populations all over the earth by the white minority.

There's no such thing as overpopulation there just aren't enough humans in the western world ready to topple the current hegemony for a more humane one. The one we're currently under only sought to empower white western Europeans at the expense of the world at large. It's a damn shame but we are in the midst of a transition and with that monumental shift others will surely follow
+9   

1 month ago '17        #11
Its 
Props total: 44273 44 K  Slaps total: 3243 3 K
Lmao gtfoh with this bullsh*t
+6   

1 month ago '21        #12
 lltreyll said

Dextrose
Fructose
Galactose
Glucose
Lactose
Maltose
Sucrose
Beet sugar
Brown sugar
Cane juice crystals
Cane sugar
Castor sugar
Coconut sugar
Confectioner's sugar
Powdered sugar
Corn syrup solids
Crystalline fructose
Date sugar
Demerara sugar
Dextrin
Diastatic malt
Ethyl maltol
Florida crystals
Golden sugar
Glucose syrup solids
Grape sugar
Icing sugar
Maltodextrin
Muscovado sugar
Panela sugar
Raw sugar
Granulated sugar
Table sugar
Sucanat
Turbinado sugar
Yellow sugar
Agave Nectar/Syrup
Barley malt
Blackstrap molasses
Brown rice syrup
Caramel
Carob syrup
Evaporated cane juice
Fruit juice
Fruit juice concentrate
Golden syrup
Honey
Invert sugar
Malt syrup
Maple syrup
Molasses
Rice syrup
Refiner's syrup
Sorghum syrup
Treacle
Equal™
Nutrasweet™
Splenda™
Sweet'N Low™
Aspartame.
Calcium cyclamate
Cyclamates
Saccharin
Sodium cyclamate
Sweetening agent

We can feed the planet with clean food.

Corporations won't allow it though.
+7   

1 month ago '21        #13
 strungout said
These type of folk never go after golf courses imo they are a massive waste of land as well
Cemeteries!

George Carlin was right!!

Hopefully, one day prisons will be next.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #14
Skrr 
Props total: 8016 8 K  Slaps total: 1387 1 K
I'm a meat eater but a lot of y'all won't like this article or the reality, which is that inexpensive seafood and meat is a lie. We are paying for it through destruction of the oceans and land-based habitats and just pushing the costs to later generations. Meat isn't supposed to be the feature of meals or even an everyday thing, and I say this as someone who dry-ages and sous vides steaks.
+2   

1 month ago '11        #15
indagame 
Props total: 12877 12 K  Slaps total: 1103 1 K
 Skateboard T said
If you can't bring yourself to go vegetarian or vegan (like me lol) see if there's a farmer's market nearby where you can buy directly from the farm.

Even doing that cuts out a massive amount of emissions on a single transaction, not to mention the meat is typically much fresher and higher quality, albeit a bit more expensive ($8/lb for a boneless pork shoulder over here for reference)
I've tried going vegan before and it didn't really go well. I feel like I was tired more often. I've gotten to the point where I mainly just buy 1 pound of chicken brea*t or 1 pound of shrimp a week and that's the only meat I eat outside of eggs. Other than, I use Tofu, Black Beans and Red Lentils as my protein source.

1 month ago '22        #16
MebaaSion33 
Props total: 903 903  Slaps total: 310 310
This is complete bs propaganda. This is how things have been in nature.

These cult minded rich, scientific dictatorship just want you to munch on insects and human flesh. Look into it and research and you will see this is the push they are going towards. Don't slap until you actually look into it...

By the way... ceo of Pfizer said there goal by 2023 is to have the population reduced by 50%

This is a recent video at the world economic forum

1 month ago '05        #17
Double M Set  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15461 15 K  Slaps total: 2721 2 K
Environmental Science Is A Mf…Whatever The Solution..It Will Tug On Another For The Worst…You Cannot Cure/Help One Without Hurting Another…Just Enjoy The Time We Have

1 month ago '22        #18
MebaaSion33 
Props total: 903 903  Slaps total: 310 310

1 month ago '16        #19
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
Props total: 61878 61 K  Slaps total: 6053 6 K
 indagame said
I've tried going vegan before and it didn't really go well. I feel like I was tired more often. I've gotten to the point where I mainly just buy 1 pound of chicken brea*t or 1 pound of shrimp a week and that's the only meat I eat outside of eggs. Other than, I use Tofu, Black Beans and Red Lentils as my protein source.
If you go vegan you really need to get into the habit of 'grazing' on fruit and nuts throughout the day otherwise you will feel tired.
+1   

1 month ago '22        #20
HERMES  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2870 2 K  Slaps total: 663 663

1 month ago '04        #21
Chokeabiish 
Props total: 12299 12 K  Slaps total: 1007 1 K
 Kehinde said
Subtract capitalist agricorporations from the equation and you got humans and animals doing what they've been doing for hundreds of thousands of years, with no destruction to earth as we see today.

This all falls back on the capitalist/political structure of the west and humans who dehumanize other humans and destroy the world in the process. It is what it is gotta get rid if the current status quo if we want to get back to sustainable living in harmony with planet
Always appreciate your insight.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #22
Kehinde 
 Chokeabiish said
Always appreciate your insight.
Anytime fam

1 month ago '04        #23
skillahmang 
Props total: 70430 70 K  Slaps total: 13793 13 K
Grass fed baby
+2   

1 month ago '10        #24
lltreyll 
Props total: 10471 10 K  Slaps total: 3268 3 K
 Kehinde said
I gonna go back and peruse your reply cuz you sound like you're talking some good but I see the main premise you're trying to convey is that overpopulation is the root cause and I gotta disagree. Overpopulation is a euphemism for the systemic extermination of the indigenous populations all over the earth by the white minority.

There's no such thing as overpopulation there just aren't enough humans in the western world ready to topple the current hegemony for a more humane one. The one we're currently under only sought to empower white western Europeans at the expense of the world at large. It's a damn shame but we are in the midst of a transition and with that monumental shift others will surely follow
Semantics about overpopulation is irrelevant to the bullsh*t so many people believe.

Recently there has been the claim that the birthrate is declining without any context. The thing those same people aren't telling others about is how 8 out of 10 adult women already have at least 1 kid.

Then there is the reality about topography and ownership of land. We don't live in a Sims video game. Most seemingly open land is already owned and is property. So it isn't as simple as creating all the necessary housing developments, jobs, public services and everything required to accommodate newer and bigger communities from what is already a completely ridiculous amount of people that is increasing at an insane rate on owned property that is subject to what the owner wants to do with their property.

To clarify the issue of topography and overpopulation. It isn't realistic or practical to flatten out mountains, drain and dig out water and wetlands to try and develop the foundation for housing, roads, businesses, services and things required for a functioning community. Weather, temperatures, climates, desert and tundra landscapes are all things that get in the way of accommodating an increasingly overpopulated world. Nature has limits and all the land and areas on earth are property. So it isn't all up for sale, and the natural topography and conditions around the planet are not all suitable for foundations of new and bigger communities.

I can keep explaining the reality about overpopulation, but that would be redundant. Most people don't want to think about it, consider or understand everything involved about the ever growing population. And that's usually because they're guilty of adding to the massive problem of overpopulation. At most they'll get defensive, try to deflect and be in total denial. So instead of yammering on about an aspect of reality that already effects us all, I'd just encourage people to be the best parents they can be and to not have any more kids. Beyond that, I'll just leave it at this... As I've explained there isn't actually all that much land to accommodate an ever growing population, but I didn't specifically point out that also means there isn't much land to accommodate farms and natural food either.

1 month ago '09        #25
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x89
Props total: 275571 275 K  Slaps total: 29577 29 K
organic is a scam so they can slap higher prices on food

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+37online now  28
Video inside They Cloned Tyrone | Teaser Trailer | Netflix
28 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  27
Video inside Dallas rapper BFG Straap shot & k*lled; shot 15 times in chest & face
229 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Will Young Americans Want to Work in Semiconductor Manufacturing?
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+174online now  17
Video inside “LA k*lled more Rappers than any other city, I WILL NOT check in”
184 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy