How are you saving money during the recession?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+19  114
76 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

1 month ago '05        #1
6598 page views
127 comments

Demboyz746 
Props total: 1372 1 K  Slaps total: 170 170
How are you saving money during the recession?

BX Fam,

Since there is a "supposed recession" going on how do you save money during these times? Whether by using your friends' streaming service or anything else.

I figured it`d be a good time to hear all the smart and funny things we are doing to save money during these times.
+16   

best
worst
127 comments

1 month ago '21        #2
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 33333 33 K  Slaps total: 4693 4 K
a recession isn't a time to save money its an opportunity to make it
+86   

1 month ago '17        #3
Deeinc 
Props total: 549 549  Slaps total: 161 161
 nocomment said
a recession isn't a time to save money its an opportunity to make it
Tell us more sir
+22   

1 month ago '08        #4
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17455 17 K  Slaps total: 2601 2 K
Takes money to make money, with that said, getting a second gig. Need to save a good 50k for another crib. Debating between moving to the mountains or the beach.
+32   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '06        #5
njacura32tl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3563 3 K  Slaps total: 690 690
 Deeinc said
Tell us more sir
Flip some cars.... easy money in Teslas, Cadillacs, G classes etc... Was reading an article last week about people flipping Civics
+8   

1 month ago '21        #6
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35354 35 K  Slaps total: 8729 8 K
 stead21 said
Takes money to make money, with that said, getting a second gig. Need to save a good 50k for another crib. Debating between moving to the mountains or the beach.
I'm considering a part time or free lance gig.

Got a business idea I wanna do with a friend but gotta save the capital up.

Wifey and I just bought a home and the mortgage is a lot more than my rent. Despite my salary bump, gonna need to bring in some extra money if I wanna save lots of cash fast.
+17   

1 month ago '04        #7
Aloyosius3384 
Props total: 549 549  Slaps total: 44 44
Yes $2000 a month in cash. In hopes to buy a business in 2 years
+14   

1 month ago '18        #8
dinono10  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3838 3 K  Slaps total: 135 135
For me here in the UK, my haircut is £20 maybe once everyday 10 days. I love opposite a barbers.

Brought one of those mirrors for home haircuts mad have learnt to fade on my own hair.

Saving at least £40 a month.
+23   

1 month ago '05        #9
projectd06 
Props total: 41296 41 K  Slaps total: 9283 9 K
I'm naturally frugal ish aka I don't throw my money away and that's why I'm hoping to make it rain during the recession, either in the stock or housing market.

But for the thread(this should be normal behavior):

-Eat the food you have before going out and letting the food go to waste, that sh*t ain't cheap.

-Take yo a*s to the clearance rack, if that aint your 1st stop at a store than you're fu*king up. Got me a Nike Hoodie for like 18 bucks the other day, otherwise I would of just got a champion hoodie, my sh*t doesn't need a huge brand across it.

-Stop paying extra for name brand sh*t, that goes for everything you don't need Klenex brand tissue, I promise.

-Take yo a*s to Aldis, I wouldn't buy meat or produce there but EVERYTHING there is dumb cheap.

-Quit with flavored drinks, waters free and stop fu*king buying bottled water.

Last edited by projectd06; 08-16-2022 at 06:20 PM..
+51   

1 month ago '16        #10
Illogic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 25129 25 K  Slaps total: 14083 14 K
 Demboyz746 said
BX Fam,

Since there is a "supposed recession" going on how do you save money during these times? Whether by using your friends' streaming service or anything else.

I figured it`d be a good time to hear all the smart and funny things we are doing to save money during these times.
Cutting back on buying pu**y now its 5 south american wh*res per trip instead of 10
+19   

1 month ago '19        #11
PolloFrito 
Props total: 1515 1 K  Slaps total: 115 115
Growing sour using LEDs.
+21   

1 month ago '06        #12
sj808 
Props total: 2567 2 K  Slaps total: 422 422
In decks fun
+4   

1 month ago '21        #13
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 33333 33 K  Slaps total: 4693 4 K
 projectd06 said
I'm naturally frugal ish aka I don't throw my money away and that's why I'm hoping to make it rain during the recession, either in the stock or housing market.
 Deeinc said
Tell us more sir
there will always be recessions so in good times don't spurge on name brand bullsh*t and cars that loose value, stack capital for the down swing to take advantage of good a*sets at low prices house prices gon drop hard and they'll be foreclosures

Its said
My only advice is start putting cash to the side....
You can come up for real on the next year or two
yup

Last edited by nocomment; 08-16-2022 at 07:33 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '21        #14
OliverLove 
Props total: 510 510  Slaps total: 26 26
Save 1/10th of your earnings no matter how much or how little. Get by on the rest.
+24   

1 month ago '17        #15
Its 
Props total: 44266 44 K  Slaps total: 3243 3 K
I been investing waaaay less. I want cash on hand for when the sh*t hits the fan.
As far as advice, I'd say cut back on your habits
Cause sh*t about to get real
+11   

1 month ago '08        #16
606robin 
Props total: 21960 21 K  Slaps total: 1330 1 K
If you didn’t figure out a way to make money during the pandemic. You’re a failure at life. You had a year and change of no liabilities and nothing but time. Especially, n*ggas in the states. Basically, whose gonna be a wage slave for the rest of their lives, and retire then die in 2-5 years after. No freedom, no a*sets rather monetary or time.
+7   

1 month ago '18        #17
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 73232 73 K  Slaps total: 24393 24 K
[QUOTE=projectd06;60999063]I'm naturally frugal ish aka I don't throw my money away and that's why I'm hoping to make it rain during the recession, either in the stock or housing market.

-Eat the food you have before going out and letting the food go to waste, that sh*t ain't cheap.

-Take yo a*s to the clearance rack, if that aint your 1st stop at a store than you're fu*king up. Got me a Nike Hoodie for like 18 bucks the other day, otherwise I would of just got a champion hoodie, my sh*t doesn't need a huge brand across it.

-Stop paying extra for name brand sh*t, that goes for everything you don't need Klenex brand tissue, I promise.

-Take yo a*s to Aldis, I wouldn't buy meat or produce there but EVERYTHING there is dumb cheap.

-Quit with flavored drinks, waters free and stop fu*king buying bottled water.[/QUOTE

Was with u up to here. Bottled water is essential.
+15   

1 month ago '11        #18
indagame 
Props total: 12877 12 K  Slaps total: 1103 1 K
The only change I really made was to drive less. I take public transportation more, mainly limit my driving to Saturdays when I have to get groceries. Other than that, I'm pretty frugal so it hasn't been an issue. I could probably do better by buying more at the grocery store and then eating out less, but we'll see.

projectd06 said

Why do you say that about the produce and meat at Aldis? I shopped there for most of last year and early this year but once gas prices went up, I started going somewhere more local
+4   

1 month ago '21        #19
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35354 35 K  Slaps total: 8729 8 K
 projectd06 said

Surprisingly, my wife likes their smoked salmon and fresh salmon filets. She also likes the Fremont brand frozen shrimp.

I rock with the grass fed ground beef. Just under $6 a pound in my area.
+5   

1 month ago '16        #20
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 107343 107 K  Slaps total: 15642 15 K
Selling my house, should net between 150k-175k

Staying at my mother's for 3-6 months while one of the multifamily properties I'm looking at is renovated(203k loan all day)

I'm looking at trimming the fat on my subscriptions... right now I have Netflix, HBO, Disney+, Apple Music... Netflix is on the clock...

And my car is paid off but if the public transportation is strong enough in Chicago I'm selling it

Next 6 months will be very big for me. Exciting but scary times

+37   

1 month ago '07        #21
DoctorNBA 
Props total: 10859 10 K  Slaps total: 7748 7 K
I’m saving cash now and looking to buy some toys cheap that other people will look to sell in the next year or so. Gotta feeling a credit crunch comin up with so many in credit card debt.
+4   

1 month ago '04        #22
dannyIZA 
Props total: 330 330  Slaps total: 36 36
put 20% of your salary into savings, then use it to buy apple stock
+4   

1 month ago '14        #23
breezeus313 
Props total: 15593 15 K  Slaps total: 928 928
sh*t, i made a couple of thousands on BBBY stock
turned $300 into $3000

but during the recession is the best time to buy
no liability but a*sets
notice the prices of rollies are down? many of them crypto guys had to sell their rollies
+4   

1 month ago '15        #24
Thatdude28 
Props total: 5881 5 K  Slaps total: 690 690
Got on a tech side hussle with bro, solid 9-5, flip some auction cars, sell sh*t I don’t need online. Chill on buying unnecessary sh*t. Stay in the house out the clubs and away from bi*ches who are impressed by money. Surround myself with positive people educate myself. I’m grinding don’t got that success story my brothas only hard work, discipline, ambition and a prayer.
+18   

1 month ago '10        #25
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25283 25 K  Slaps total: 4128 4 K
 Deeinc said
Tell us more sir
What do you mean it’s obvious depreciation of a*sets is a perfect time to buy i.e. Buy low sell high but the problem is when do you bye would say it’s right after the major heart of a recession that’s when the prices go the lowest in my opinion
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
Video inside Will Young Americans Want to Work in Semiconductor Manufacturing?
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+175online now  19
Video inside “LA k*lled more Rappers than any other city, I WILL NOT check in”
183 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside Dallas rapper BFG Straap shot & k*lled; shot 15 times in chest & face
229 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+55online now  13
Image(s) inside We are in a food crisis all og our food is fake.
167 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy