Aug 15 - Dodge will discontinue its Challenger and Charger muscle cars next year

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
44 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '11        #1
6716 page views
170 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x53
Props total: 192893 192 K  Slaps total: 25901 25 K
Aug 15 - Dodge will discontinue its Challenger and Charger muscle cars next year

KEY POINTS
-Dodge will discontinue its gas-powered Challenger and Charger muscle cars at the end of next year, as the brand transitions to electric vehicles.
-Since being resurrected in the mid- to late 2000s, the Charger and Challenger have been stalwarts for Dodge and popular vehicles for a new generation of gearheads.
-But the cars have also been part of a fuel economy and emissions problem for Stellantis, formerly Fiat Chrysler.

DETROIT — Dodge will discontinue its gas-powered Challenger and Charger muscle cars at the end of next year, marking the end of an era for the brand as it starts to transition to electric vehicles.

Since being resurrected in the mid- to late 2000s, the Charger and Challenger — names made popular in the 1960s and 1970s — have been stalwarts for Dodge and popular vehicles for a new generation of gearheads.

The two-door Challenger particularly struck a cord of nostalgia with buyers thanks to its retro-inspired styling, while the four-door Charger has managed to achieve notable sales milestones despite consumers flocking from sedans to SUVs in recent years.

Dodge has also been able to juice profits from the vehicles, which have starting prices ranging from the low-$30,000s to nearly $90,000 for its infamous Hellcat models that produce more than 700 horsepower.

“Dodge, with the Challenger and Charger, they really found a way to really get to that muscle car root. These cars definitely expressed it ... and were able to hold onto that essence,” said Stephanie Brinley, principal analyst at S&P Global. “Having that clear DNA and clear expression of what they’re supposed to be is helping make the transition to electric.”

Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis has alluded to the possibility that the Charger and Challenger names could be used for future electrified vehicles, including a forthcoming electric muscle car in 2024. He’s previously said he believes electrification — whether hybrid vehicles with less powerful engines or all-electric models — will save what he has called the new “Golden Age of muscle cars.”

For several years, Kuniskis has warned that the end was coming for the gas-powered muscle cars due to emissions regulations. Dodge parent company Stellantis, formerly Fiat Chrysler, ranks the worst among major manufacturers for U.S. corporate average fuel economy and carbon emissions.

As many brands switched to smaller and more fuel-efficient engines, Dodge rolled out Hellcat models and other high-performance vehicles. Such models helped generate attention for the brand but didn’t help the automaker’s carbon footprint, forcing it to buy carbon credits from automakers such as Tesla.

“The days of an iron block supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 are numbered,” Kuniskis previously told CNBC, referring to engines like those in the Hellcat. “But the performance that those vehicles generate is not numbered.”

Dodge is launching a litany of special vehicles and products to “celebrate” the end of the cars as they are today. Dodge’s plans include seven special-edition, or “buzz,” models; a commemorative “Last Call” under-hood plaque for all 2023 model-year vehicles; and a new dealer allocation process, among other measures.

The new dealer process will see Dodge allocate 2023 Charger and Challenger models to lots all at once, instead of making orders available throughout the year. Dodge will provide customers a guide to locate specific models at each dealership.

Kuniskis said the process is meant to a*sist customers in getting the specific vehicle they want.

“We wanted to make sure we were celebrating these cars properly,” Kuniskis said during a media briefing for an event this week in Pontiac, Michigan.

The Charger and Challenger are produced at Stellantis’ Brampton a*sembly plant in Ontario, Canada. The company says it has produced more than 3 million Dodge vehicles at the plant, including 1.5 million Chargers and more than 726,000 Challengers sold in the U.S.

Stellantis earlier this year announced plans to invest $2.8 billion in the plant and another Canadian facility, but it has not disclosed what vehicles will be produced at the facilities.

“When we shut down Brampton it will be a 20-year run of Dodge muscle cars,” Kuniskis said. “We needed to do this right.”

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2022 .. d-in-2023.html
+20   

best
worst
170 comments

1 month ago '22        #2
Blackberries 
Props total: 16183 16 K  Slaps total: 1918 1 K

+191   

1 month ago '11        #3
darealvelle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25043 25 K  Slaps total: 1080 1 K
Its about to be open season for anybody that currently owns one of these vehicles in Atlanta

+75   

1 month ago '16        #4
Soo Special OG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 45926 45 K  Slaps total: 8402 8 K
I swear i dont see a chargers srt's or hellcats where i'm at. all I see is challengers of all kinds
+21   

1 month ago '04        #5
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 41550 41 K  Slaps total: 4223 4 K
everyone already converting to electric, old school cars to current. There are electric motors rightly available for you to swap off.
+4   

1 month ago '22        #6
Mystic97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4835 4 K  Slaps total: 1781 1 K
Hellcats are the most overrated cars in history they need to discontinue them

1 month ago '10        #7
GBREEZE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30546 30 K  Slaps total: 3256 3 K
Good they are fu*king trash.... matter fact get rid of dodge all together.. cheap a*s unreliable pieces of sh*t

Last edited by GBREEZE; 08-15-2022 at 08:03 PM..

1 month ago '16        #8
mobchip 
Props total: 12059 12 K  Slaps total: 1513 1 K
Whenever I'm in Brampton or Mississauga, I never see any Black people in Challenger or Charger. Only sikh and punjabi. Hellcats...only chinese.

1 month ago '16        #9
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 147094 147 K  Slaps total: 16109 16 K
 GBREEZE said
Good they are fu*king trash.... matter fact get rid of dodge all together
The trucks too?
+3   

1 month ago '16        #10
Why are the price of cars going up when we cant even pick our own color interior no more?
+31   

1 month ago '18        #11
back1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16718 16 K  Slaps total: 6165 6 K
Seeing these whips or an RC cola machine tells me ive wandered too far into the hood
+55   

1 month ago '17        #12
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44822 44 K  Slaps total: 6218 6 K
These Charger and Challenger EVs will be too expensive for a new recruit to waste their advance on
+38   

1 month ago '10        #13
ColeWorld  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 15031 15 K  Slaps total: 1451 1 K
 Lazy said
These Charger and Challenger EVs will be too expensive for a new recruit to waste their advance on
This is facts
+4   

1 month ago '10        #14
GBREEZE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30546 30 K  Slaps total: 3256 3 K
 kuul said
The trucks too?
Yep....
+2   

1 month ago '04        #15
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34392 34 K  Slaps total: 1599 1 K
the flood of altimas in atlanta is going to be massive

+43   

1 month ago '15        #16
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 61173 61 K  Slaps total: 25752 25 K
 mobchip said
Whenever I'm in Brampton or Mississauga, I never see any Black people in Challenger or Charger. Only sikh and punjabi. Hellcats...only chinese.

I wonder what cars they’ll drive now. The Hyundai Elantra is popular here.
+5   

1 month ago '16        #17
 d.c. supreme said
the flood of altimas in atlanta is going to be massive

Crown vics comin back
+32   

1 month ago '12        #18
barackosama 
Props total: 177 177  Slaps total: 30 30
 Lazy said
They will find a way to get them in one outside the bases. 10 year payment plan incoming.
+10   

1 month ago '04        #19
ddash 
Props total: 88176 88 K  Slaps total: 6524 6 K
I see and hear a ton of chargers and challengers every day.

Its the new young n*gga car for real.
+37   

1 month ago '19        #20
TRILLIONSOTW  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4393 4 K  Slaps total: 795 795
Good and I never cared of theses personally

1 month ago '07        #21
acwmich 
Props total: 3759 3 K  Slaps total: 1069 1 K
Ford got police contract now then
+2   

1 month ago '19        #22
SirChicoDusty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2529 2 K  Slaps total: 272 272
Only people who drive Chargers or Challengers are young dudes who wanna flex, dudes in they mid 40’s who wanna feel young again, and speed demons.
+28   

1 month ago '16        #23
 SirChicoDusty said
Only people who drive Chargers or Challengers are young dudes who wanna flex, dudes in they mid 40’s who wanna feel young again, and speed demons.
And hoes.
+17   

1 month ago '10        #24
eashawty 
Props total: 19855 19 K  Slaps total: 909 909
Man I might just say fu*k it & get that redeye my boy just grabbed a trx tryna sh*t on me
+9   

1 month ago '06        #25
mrep3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26072 26 K  Slaps total: 2886 2 K
 SirChicoDusty said
What’s wrong with any of this?
+29   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+57online now  13
Image(s) inside Gaming Setup Thread
136 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  8
Sep 26 - 30-year fixed mortgage rate jumps to 6.8%. Highest reading since 2008..
53 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Hurricane Ian.. Florida Yall prepared?
154 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+134online now  2
Malika Andrew’s throwing new Boston Celtics Coach Under the bus
217 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy