An "Extreme Heat Belt" will soon emerge in the U.S.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
26 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 month ago '11        #1
3390 page views
77 comments

whouthinkitis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13120 13 K  Slaps total: 904 904
An "Extreme Heat Belt" will soon emerge in the U.S.

A new study reveals the emergence of an "extreme heat belt" from Texas to Illinois, where the heat index could reach 125°F at least one day a year by 2053.

The big picture: In just 30 years, climate change will cause the Lower 48 states to be a far hotter and more precarious place to be during the summer.

-The findings come from a hyperlocal analysis of current and future extreme heat events published Monday by the nonprofit First Street Foundation.

-The new report is unique for examining current and future heat risks down to the property level across the country, and joins similar risk analyses First Street has completed for flooding and wildfires.

-As average temperatures increase due to human-driven greenhouse gas emissions, mainly from the burning of fossil fuels for energy, instances of extreme heat are forecast to escalate.

-This report makes clear where households will be vulnerable to what would now be considered almost unheard-of heat indices, which show how the air feels from the combination of air temperature and relative humidity.

Threat Level: The report, which is based on First Street's peer reviewed heat model, shows that the number of Americans currently exposed to "extreme heat," defined as having a maximum heat index of greater than 125°F, is just 8 million.

-However, due to the anticipated warming during the next three decades, that number is expected to balloon to 107 million people, an increase of 13 times over 13 years.

-The developing "Extreme Heat Belt" forms a region of vulnerability from northern Texas to Illinois, and includes the cities of St. Louis, Kansas City, Memphis, Tulsa and Chicago.

-By 2030, some coastal areas in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic may also experience days with a heat index above 125°F, the report found.

Zoom in: The report shows a country that will have to grapple with the effects of increased heat exposure nearly everywhere, though there will be distinctions based on geography.

-For example, the study finds that in 2053, the West will have the highest chance for long durations with "local hot days," which are days that exceed the temperatures typically experienced for a particular area.

-The Gulf and Southeast will see the highest chances and longest duration of exposure to what are termed "dangerous days," with a heat index greater than 100°F, the report found.

visit this link https://www.axios.com/202 .. global-warming
+2   

best
worst
77 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Real Talk 10%er  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 66377 66 K  Slaps total: 21599 21 K
Earth travelling for millions of yrs, at 100s of thousands of miles per hrs > human caused climate change.

If you believe climate is changing is moreso from human activity on Earth rather than the rotations, heating Earth core and planet travelling at high speeds at all times (as well as different atmospheric conditions in the galaxy/universe) being the cause - then youre a fckn idiot.

Oh, and slapped.

Last edited by Real Talk 10%er; 08-15-2022 at 05:52 PM..

1 month ago '15        #3
CHEEF574 
Props total: 1227 1 K  Slaps total: 123 123
California is for sure getting hotter in the north. And my brothers live in Texas, I heard it’s been scorching
+9   

1 month ago '19        #4
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 61982 61 K  Slaps total: 12301 12 K
With rising sea levels due to "climate change", why don't they just pump ocean water inland, and then filter and desalinate the ocean water. This will fix drought issues.
+8   

1 month ago '15        #5
Jad95 
Props total: 9105 9 K  Slaps total: 994 994
 Real Talk 10%er said
Earth travelling for millions of yrs, at 100s of thousands of miles per hrs > human caused climet change.

If you believe climate is changing is moreso from human activity on Earth rather than the rotations, heating Earth and planet travelling at high speeds at all times (as well as different atmospheric conditions in the galaxy/universe) being the cause - then youre a fckn idiot.

Oh, and slapped.
Just a thought bro…you ever thought that that could be backwards. Maybe the the rotation is speeding up because the planet is getting hotter? I think they both go hand in hand, just don’t know which way.

1 month ago '17        #6
 Jad95 said
Just a thought bro…you ever thought that that could be backwards. Maybe the the rotation is speeding up because the planet is getting hotter? I think they both go hand in hand, just don’t know which way.
No. The Earth is travelling on its own accelerator, so its been moving since the dawn of its time.

Imagine a car engine, driving nonstop...the engine will heat up more the longer it runs for - just like the Earth core right now as we speak.

We're just Ants on the surface, trying to find food.

1 month ago '17        #7
Bscot1 
Props total: 7965 7 K  Slaps total: 510 510
And.....pretty soon Earth will be another Mars

+6   

1 month ago '18        #8
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80976 80 K  Slaps total: 19183 19 K
 Real Talk 10%er said
Earth travelling for millions of yrs, at 100s of thousands of miles per hrs > human caused climate change.

If you believe climate is changing is moreso from human activity on Earth rather than the rotations, heating Earth core and planet travelling at high speeds at all times (as well as different atmospheric conditions in the galaxy/universe) being the cause - then youre a fckn idiot.

Oh, and slapped.
IYou watch Fox News don't you
+7   

1 month ago '08        #9
litdes 
Props total: 9166 9 K  Slaps total: 592 592
 unit321 said
With rising sea levels due to "climate change", why don't they just pump ocean water inland, and then filter and desalinate the ocean water. This will fix drought issues.
Not even being funny and genuinely asking, could it really be that easy?

1 month ago '17        #10
 Proffesor X said
IYou watch Fox News don't you
No. But I bet you believe humans are causing climate change, more than the actual universal climate - because humans are much more impactful than the galaxy- right?...smfh

Normally I would insult your intelligence, but today I wont.

Last edited by Real Talk 10%er; 08-15-2022 at 06:30 PM..

1 month ago '20        #11
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13876 13 K  Slaps total: 1876 1 K
 Real Talk 10%er said

Oh, and slapped.
Easily the dumbest chit ever. The climate changes naturally. Extracting and then pumping that chit into the atmosphere and water is speeding up what happens naturally. What is hard to understanding? The Earth is a living breathing organism, just like your body you pump the wrong things in your body it increases the chance for an early death.
+12   

1 month ago '17        #12
 Bighempin said
Easily the dumbest chit ever. The climate changes naturally. Extracting and then pumping that chit into the atmosphere and water is speeding up what happens naturally. What is hard to understanding? The Earth is a living breathing organism, just like your body you pump the wrong things in your body it increases the chance for an early death.
Clearly explain how this process would make the Earth speed up? I explained my premise as to why, lets see yours.

And remember, the Earth is 70% water...

1 month ago '14        #13
longliverick 
Props total: 17085 17 K  Slaps total: 9022 9 K
It’s getting hotter because the end is near
+5   

1 month ago '05        #14
toojive4u 
Props total: 537 537  Slaps total: 121 121
What’s your avy from? Or who is it

1 month ago '05        #15
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 82705 82 K  Slaps total: 12027 12 K
damn mankind...
+1   

1 month ago '15        #16
Mal215 
Props total: 32517 32 K  Slaps total: 3932 3 K
Al gore warned you n*ggas for years!!
+9   

1 month ago '05        #17
Daddy Black 
Props total: 16090 16 K  Slaps total: 1450 1 K
We done. Make peace with your maker.
+2   

1 month ago '05        #18
dizzle trizzle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23398 23 K  Slaps total: 1828 1 K
 CHEEF574 said
California is for sure getting hotter in the north. And my brothers live in Texas, I heard it’s been scorching
yup and in texas the heat dont let up it be night time outside still 100 fu*king degrees
+8   

1 month ago '11        #19
Wes10 
Props total: 2810 2 K  Slaps total: 305 305
 litdes said
they filter urine out of water in the pen
+1   

1 month ago '07        #20
Love/Hater  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 53813 53 K  Slaps total: 11792 11 K
We need to build underground communities.
+2   

1 month ago '19        #21
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 61982 61 K  Slaps total: 12301 12 K
 litdes said
Pumping salty water from the sea and desalinating it is what they do in Saudi Arabia. It's a huge source of fresh water.

+2   

1 month ago '16        #22
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 107457 107 K  Slaps total: 15651 15 K
 unit321 said
Pumping salty water from the sea and desalinating it is what they do in Saudi Arabia. It's a huge source of fresh water.

It's also expensive and inefficient and requires a lot of energy which is why it isn't done more. We may be forced to at some point though
+12   

1 month ago '18        #23
Sick Flair 
Props total: 29960 29 K  Slaps total: 2220 2 K
Was just telling my girl I used to laugh at Al Gore because I’d be long gone when his sh*t came true. I guess he’s laughing now.

1 month ago '04        #24
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 33153 33 K  Slaps total: 5719 5 K
so what are we gonna do about it? are we gonna do anything about it?

1 month ago '06        #25
itzadirtyworld 
Props total: 8233 8 K  Slaps total: 2518 2 K
 Love/Hater said
We need to build underground communities.
There are underground cities scattered throughout the Americas
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-37online now  29
[Workout] I Might Transition to Female So I Can Be Like Her
49 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+40online now  17