Aug 15 - Ohio girl’s lemonade stand near food festival shut down after complaint

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '22        #1
5034 page views
117 comments

Seconds Pleaze  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1961 1 K  Slaps total: 368 368
Aug 15 - Ohio girl’s lemonade stand near food festival shut down after complaint

By Andrew Mark Miller, Fox News

August 14, 2022 | 4:21am

An 8-year-old girl selling lemonade near an Ohio food festival had her operation shut down by local police after they received a complaint.

Asa Baker was selling lemonade in an alley outside the business where her father works near the Alliance, Ohio Rib and Food Festival last weekend when she says a local police officer asked her to shut down the stand, WJW-TV reported.

“Well, they were really sad that they had to shut me down but they gave me $20 to try and pay for it,” Baker said, explaining that the officer gave her $20 for her to use to purchase the needed permit.

Alliance Police Lieutenant Don Wensel told WJW–TV that police received a complaint from festival organizers who seemed to be conflicted about voicing their concerns but ultimately, officers are required to enforce local ordinances.

“I could definitely tell he did not want to shut her down, but, I mean, you get a call, he has to do it. He definitely did the right thing, you know, in the situation he was put in,” Katrina Moore, Asa’s mother, told the outlet.

Wensel said that while police are not targeting children selling lemonade, the city ordinance in Alliance states that vendors must obtain licenses before selling products to the public which prompted this “unusual circumstance.”

“In order to get a food vendors license, it only lasts for five days and its $40 for five days so that’s kind of out of the picture. If she wants to sell on the street, she has to get a street permit. If she sells in front of a business, we have to get a solicitors permit,” Moore said.

Baker’s lemonade stand was up and running again on Friday in front of local business owner Eric Strata’s location where police said they would not interfere. Strata had seen a Facebook post about Baker’s predicament and offered to help with the permit process.

“He (the officer) had to do his job, but it just felt so unjust to me because she’s 8, she’s just an innocent little girl that wants to be motivated and wants to do something with herself. Why shut that down?” Strata said.

Numerous people have stopped by the lemonade stand since the initial incident and Baker has raked in hundreds of dollars, WJW-TV reported.

“I understand the rules, I understand why she got shut down. It’s just a sad, sad situation,” Moore said.

The Alliance Police Department and festival organizers did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital.

visit this link https://nypost.com/2022/0 .. complaint/amp/
+11   

best
worst
117 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 88183 88 K  Slaps total: 8974 8 K
This on some european sh*t..cant leave fu*king people alone. Unless my neighbor is fu*king with my sh*t I dont give a fu*k what he does..
+125   

1 month ago '17        #3
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 75166 75 K  Slaps total: 7192 7 K
I wonder what will happen if I set up an amusement park right next to Disneyland
+22   

1 month ago '07        #4
Love/Hater  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 53838 53 K  Slaps total: 11794 11 K
If she was black her and her parents might of got arrested.
+87   

1 month ago '08        #5
get_ate 
Props total: 4614 4 K  Slaps total: 350 350
 lucifershammer said
I wonder what will happen if I set up an amusement park right next to Disneyland
As usual, someone on the internet makes a good analogue that gets right to the matter of things with how equivalent it is to the situation in question.

Yup, never fails.
+22   

1 month ago '19        #6
Marlo16 
Props total: 8297 8 K  Slaps total: 466 466
This suppose to be America but a little girl can’t get her lemonade hustle on.
+40   

1 month ago '17        #7
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 75166 75 K  Slaps total: 7192 7 K
 get_ate said
As usual, someone on the internet makes a good analogue that gets right to the matter of things with how equivalent it is to the situation in question.

Yup, never fails.

+19   

1 month ago '11        #8
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 23864 23 K  Slaps total: 3659 3 K
That's some bullsh*t. Let the little girl work. I mean, c'mon!

Shame on the person who called the cops. Probably some Karen with no life. Those types of people deserve to be publicly shamed via a pillory.

I'd throw a rotten tomato at the person who snitched on that little girl.
+19   

1 month ago '04        #9
ruff 
Props total: 17617 17 K  Slaps total: 2766 2 K
 Love/Hater said
She would've been gunned down

1 month ago '06        #10
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 37463 37 K  Slaps total: 9597 9 K
Karens gonna Karen. fu*king miserable c*nts who get no d*ck from their secretly-gay MAGA husbands. Let the girl do her thing, she’s a kid.
+34   

1 month ago '20        #11
Likeaboss38732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 15518 15 K  Slaps total: 1266 1 K
They putting an end to the privilege!
+4   

1 month ago '12        #12
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 73187 73 K  Slaps total: 13162 13 K
Lmao @ her Karen mom saying it’s a sad sad situation. Story sound like a scam to get people to send them money and jump start a business. Ain’t nobody want your warm a*s lemonade with sanitary issues. Tell that little hoe to go read a book or learn how to code. It’s basically panhandling hidden behind capitalism
+8   

1 month ago '04        #13
datboy|e 
Props total: 19644 19 K  Slaps total: 6764 6 K
 Love/Hater said
Parent(s)

1 month ago '22        #14
Watchman 
Props total: 378 378  Slaps total: 12 12
Whoever called in the complaint needs to be named and beat down... l mean who the fu*k does that
+15   

1 month ago '17        #15
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 200325 200 K  Slaps total: 32061 32 K

+23   

1 month ago '17        #16
Bscot1 
Props total: 7965 7 K  Slaps total: 510 510
I'm putting my money on a miserable white woman who saw the sh*t from her window and hit the roof

+18   

1 month ago '16        #17
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 67771 67 K  Slaps total: 4223 4 K
ohio is in the national top 5 when it comes to the number of miserable people……..
+8   

1 month ago '16        #18
smokeytheblunt2 
 Bscot1 said
I'm putting my money on a miserable white woman who saw the sh*t from her window and hit the roof

99% chance……..
+6   

1 month ago '16        #19
smokeytheblunt2 
 Storchaveli said
Karens gonna Karen. fu*king miserable c*nts who get no d*ck from their secretly-gay MAGA husbands. Let the girl do her thing, she’s a kid.
there’s a ton of that in the state……..
+4   

1 month ago '18        #20
Most Palone 
Props total: 40480 40 K  Slaps total: 2654 2 K
 Bscot1 said

+10   

1 month ago '20        #21
wargasm12 
Props total: 1128 1 K  Slaps total: 216 216
I'm conflicted

I was in Ohio over the weekend and I ended up going to the hood to pick up something I was buying from the Facebook Marketplace.

I stopped at a stop light and these 2 kids who couldn't be older than 8 run up to my car while and try and sell me a bottle of water

For some reason It left a bad taste in my mouth, I couldn't support the situation

I look around and there was one adult chilling in the shade who didn't even appear to be the parent while these two kids running up to strange cars in the middle of a hot a*s summer trying to peddle some waters

sh*t just felt like child exploitation

I drove of
+7   

1 month ago '21        #22
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 8262 8 K  Slaps total: 2227 2 K
 wargasm12 said
I'm conflicted

I was in Ohio over the weekend and I ended up going to the hood to pick up something I was buying from the Facebook Marketplace.

I stopped at a stop light and these 2 kids who couldn't be older than 8 run up to my car while and try and sell me a bottle of water

For some reason It left a bad taste in my mouth, I couldn't support the situation

I look around and there was one adult chilling in the shade who didn't even appear to be the parent while these two kids running up to strange cars in the middle of a hot a*s summer trying to peddle some waters

sh*t just felt like child exploitation

I drove of
I was just there leaving Walmart. Kids at the door taking donations for their football team. Was about to break this kid off but somebody got him using their personal Cash App and all I had was $3 on me.

Random number called me a while back. Little kid saying she needed help but she got scared and told somebody in the back "What am I supposed to say?"

It's a dirty world.
+13   

1 month ago '16        #23
PrinceDreSON 
Props total: 10308 10 K  Slaps total: 2352 2 K
 TrillSwag said
Lmao @ her Karen mom saying it’s a sad sad situation. Story sound like a scam to get people to send them money and jump start a business. Ain’t nobody want your warm a*s lemonade with sanitary issues. Tell that little hoe to go read a book or learn how to code. It’s basically panhandling hidden behind capitalism
Would you say the same to the black kids that hustle drinks at red lights ?

1 month ago '12        #24
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 73187 73 K  Slaps total: 13162 13 K
 PrinceDreSON said
Would you say the same to the black kids that hustle drinks at red lights ?
If they making and selling drinks yeah I would. If they selling closed drinks that are sealed I would say let them rock.

1 month ago '10        #25
SandmanNyC 
Props total: 6534 6 K  Slaps total: 2320 2 K
 Love/Hater said
Let's keep it a buck

If she was black, yall wudda been saying if she was white they wouldn't have said anything.
+16   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+101online now  87
Tony Yayo GOES OFF On MATH HOFFA! “STOP ASKING CLICKBAIT Questions n*gga!”
193 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+34online now  48
Jordan 1s, 12s, 13s, and 14s on sale
39 comments
19 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  24
Matt Barnes to Officer Vlad: “I reversed my stance on Ime Udoka afta who h..
147 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  23
Article inside Chris Wallace Reminds Tyler Perry That Spike Lee Called His Madea Cha..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy