M$ finally released the numbers for last gen

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '20        #1
2748 page views
75 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x211
Props total: 114357 114 K  Slaps total: 23246 23 K
M$ finally released the numbers for last gen

visit this link https://twitter.com/idlesloth84/status/1559138844527697920?s=21&t=hFycPJLtoRKHPwCJrfbjWA
;t=hFycPJLtoRKHPwCJrfbjWA
+5   

best
worst
75 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
Krazie 
Props total: 53974 53 K  Slaps total: 8882 8 K

MONOPOLY
+11   

1 month ago '15        #3
LiquidOcelot420 
Props total: 221 221  Slaps total: 43 43
I’m glad they’re turning it around with the Series X, but man the Xbox One was a piece of sh*t lol.

1 month ago '05        #4
P-Hill 
Props total: 37864 37 K  Slaps total: 2452 2 K
i'm not surprised

1 month ago '05        #5
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 74082 74 K  Slaps total: 12295 12 K
That 2/1 Difference....

And Yall Bozos Were Swearing By That System
+8   

1 month ago '17        #6
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 238869 238 K  Slaps total: 19799 19 K
It's the 9th best selling console of all time. Wow, what a failure.

+9   

1 month ago '18        #7
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 49603 49 K  Slaps total: 7433 7 K
Looks like they really need Activision and Blizzard just to stay afloat, poor fellas
+10   

1 month ago '16        #8
Quinn 
Props total: 18899 18 K  Slaps total: 3374 3 K
seems about right eh xb1 didn't launch well in the public eye thanks to the kinect fiasco
+10   

1 month ago '06        #9
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 118566 118 K  Slaps total: 25360 25 K
 LiquidOcelot420 said
I’m glad they’re turning it around with the Series X, but man the Xbox One was a piece of sh*t lol.
The crazy thing is, I was under the impression that it was a more powerful piece of hardware.

Idk what the hell their plan was but the complete and total abandonment of any sort of exclusives that weren't racers or shooters was absolutely baffling to me.

Maybe they just figured early on that they weren't going to be able to develop anything good so they set their sites on acquisitions?

They also really leaned in to the services too...but man, yeah that may have been one of the worst gens of all time tbh. You gotta go back to like...the Jaguar to find anything close to that big of a failure, besides I guess the Wii U maybe, but aside from that? The big 3 were dropping good sh*t all the way back to the N64 Era and before.

1 month ago '07        #10
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 91096 91 K  Slaps total: 5668 5 K
XB1 was such a let down after the 360
+13   

1 month ago '20        #11
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x211 OP
Props total: 114357 114 K  Slaps total: 23246 23 K
 LiquidOcelot420 said
Not really and the One X was better but came too late into the generation

Some of the things implemented today in gaming systems M$ tried to pop off like game sharing and DRM.
+5   

1 month ago '06        #12
 5ive04our said
Not really and the One X was better but came too late into the generation

Some of the things implemented today in gaming systems M$ tried to pop off like game sharing and DRM.
I also think he meant "better" in the sense that Sony just developed and offered a lot more options when it came to exclusive games, not necessarily from a tech/power perspective.

That tweet is pretty misleading.

First, PS Vita wasn't a console.

Also Xbox One was absolutely "necessary", gamers needed (and continue to need) a strong competitor to Sony, so that they continue to innovate and invest in fresh IP's and games. The same way Xbox needs Sony to do the same. Idk who is calling Xbox1 unnecessary in the sense that it wasn't needed.

The lack of exclusives however, was definitely that console's legacy tho, so that's spot on. Maybe that's where the "unnecessary" narrative comes from, in the sense that it's existence became unnecessary due to the fact that it offered very little to gamers that they couldn't get elsewhere.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 08-15-2022 at 08:51 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '22        #13
God Bless 
Props total: 6802 6 K  Slaps total: 5632 5 K

:kraziesuccess:

1 month ago '17        #14
 KeepinItTrill said
XB1 was such a let down after the 360
The console wasn't a letdown, the leadership and direction was. Mattrick was a cancer and the PR department was toxic. Xbox earned the trouncing that they got. The division failed the fans and Sony was smart to capitalize off of their failures.
+8   

1 month ago '07        #15
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 91096 91 K  Slaps total: 5668 5 K
 Naga Sadow said
The console wasn't a letdown, the leadership and direction was. Mattrick was a cancer and the PR department was toxic. Xbox earned the trouncing that they got. The division failed the fans and Sony was smart to capitalize off of their failures.
you're right, that's a better way to put it

who tf thought Mattrick was a good leader
+5   

1 month ago '17        #16
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107463 107 K  Slaps total: 41207 41 K
fu*king pathetic

1 month ago '20        #17
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32356 32 K  Slaps total: 9881 9 K
 Naga Sadow said
It's the 9th best selling console of all time. Wow, what a failure.

when u sell half of what ur previous console sold, it's a failure no matter how much it's hurts u to admit sales and facts won't take ur stanley emotions into account
+1   

1 month ago '17        #18
 D1dnt read said
when u sell half of what ur previous console sold, it's a failure no matter how much it's hurts u to admit sales and facts won't take ur stanley emotions into account
Oh they did fall short and got troun Ed rightfully so, but it wasn't Wii U or Vota levels of bad. At least they learned from their mistakes and are on a better path.

You win some, you lose some.

+1   

1 month ago '18        #19
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 49603 49 K  Slaps total: 7433 7 K
If you can't get 50 people to listen to your trash a*s music on YouTube for FREE

You have no right to call a trillion dollar company with 50 million sales under their belt anything
+6   

1 month ago '18        #20
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 73314 73 K  Slaps total: 24467 24 K
My how the roles have reversed
+2   

1 month ago '11        #21
Norcal 
Props total: 3942 3 K  Slaps total: 260 260
It’s Microsoft, they’ll be alright.
+2   

1 month ago '04        #22
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8312 8 K  Slaps total: 1488 1 K
By buying Zenimax and ABK, alll they're trying to do is compete which is what folks wanted them to do after that XB1 generation
+1   

1 month ago '15        #23
LiquidOcelot420 
Props total: 221 221  Slaps total: 43 43
 Skateboard T said
I also think he meant "better" in the sense that Sony just developed and offered a lot more options when it came to exclusive games, not necessarily from a tech/power perspective.

That tweet is pretty misleading.

First, PS Vita wasn't a console.

Also Xbox One was absolutely "necessary", gamers needed (and continue to need) a strong competitor to Sony, so that they continue to innovate and invest in fresh IP's and games. The same way Xbox needs Sony to do the same. Idk who is calling Xbox1 unnecessary in the sense that it wasn't needed.

The lack of exclusives however, was definitely that console's legacy tho, so that's spot on. Maybe that's where the "unnecessary" narrative comes from, in the sense that it's existence became unnecessary due to the fact that it offered very little to gamers that they couldn't get elsewhere.
You typed all that just to get your valid post slapped by Xbox stans. Delusional mfs still defending that sh*tty console

1 month ago '05        #24
P-Hill 
Props total: 37864 37 K  Slaps total: 2452 2 K

Phil Spencer >>>>>
+5   

1 month ago '06        #25
 LiquidOcelot420 said
You typed all that just to get your valid post slapped by Xbox stans. Delusional mfs still defending that sh*tty console
lol I've learned what to expect when it comes to fanboys man.

I try to keep sh*t objective. I like story driven single player games, prefer AA/Survival Horror/RPG sh*t to shooters, so obviously I'm going to prefer one console over the other because it focuses on those types of games more than the alternative.

But I'm excited for this gen and see a lot of promise in what Xbox has been doing.

At the end of the day a console is only as good as the games you can play on it, and even Xbox fanboys generally admit that it was extremely weak in the exclusive department.

I get the same type of hate when I say that Ragnarok is probably going to be more or less the same game as God of War, just with a new story/environments/enemies. I don't say that to talk sh*t about it, but just from what we've seen, it doesn't look like much of the gameplay has changed. And based on how good the first one was, it doesn't necessarily need to.

Seems like these extremely online dudes just want to argue more than anything
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  36
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Hurricane Ian.. Florida Yall prepared?
203 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+31online now  24
Video inside Rare footage of Michael Jackson using uncommonly-heard 'deep voice' goe..
91 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  14
Video inside No One Showed Up To Boosie’s Movie Premier
179 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+17online now  9
At 3PM Est DJ Akademiks will apologize to all the OG's on The Breakfast Club