Aug 15 - There's Hope for Jada Pinkett After New Hair Growth Molecule is Discovered

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
37 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '17        #1
3865 page views
78 comments

Mozzie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 32810 32 K  Slaps total: 2983 2 K
Aug 15 - There's Hope for Jada Pinkett After New Hair Growth Molecule is Discovered

A signaling molecule known as SCUBE3, which was discovered by researchers at the University of California, Irvine, has the potential to cure androgenetic alopecia, a prevalent type of hair loss in both women and men.

The research, which was recently published in the journal Developmental Cell, uncovered the precise mechanism by which the dermal papilla cells, specialized signal-producing fibroblasts found at the bottom of each hair follicle, encourage new development. Although the critical role dermal papilla cells play in regulating hair growth is widely established, the genetic basis of the activating chemicals involved is little understood.

“At different times during the hair follicle life cycle, the very same dermal papilla cells can send signals that either keep follicles dormant or trigger new hair growth,” said Maksim Plikus, Ph.D., UCI professor of developmental & cell biology and the study’s corresponding author. “We revealed that the SCUBE3 signaling molecule, which dermal papilla cells produce naturally, is the messenger used to ‘tell’ the neighboring hair stem cells to start dividing, which heralds the onset of new hair growth.”

For mice and humans to effectively develop hair, the dermal papilla cells must produce activating chemicals. Dermal papilla cells malfunction in people with androgenetic alopecia, drastically lowering the typically plentiful activating chemicals. For this study, a mouse model with excessive hair and hyperactivated dermal papilla cells was created. This model will help researchers learn more about the regulation of hair growth.

“Studying this mouse model permitted us to identify SCUBE3 as the previously unknown signaling molecule that can drive excessive hair growth,” said co-first author Yingzi Liu, a UCI postdoctoral researcher in developmental & cell biology.

Further tests validated that SCUBE3 activates hair growth in human follicles. Researchers microinjected SCUBE3 into mouse skin in which human scalp follicles had been transplanted, inducing new growth in both the dormant human and surrounding mouse follicles.

“These experiments provide proof-of-principle data that SCUBE3 or derived molecules can be a promising therapeutic for hair loss,” said co-first author Christian Guerrero-Juarez, a UCI postdoctoral researcher in mathematics.

Currently, there are two medications on the market – finasteride and minoxidil – that are approved by the Food and Drug Administration for androgenetic alopecia. Finasteride is only approved for use in men. Both drugs are not universally effective and need to be taken daily to maintain their clinical effect.

“There is a strong need for new, effective hair loss medicines, and naturally occurring compounds that are normally used by the dermal papilla cells present ideal next-generation candidates for treatment,” Plikus said. “Our test in the human hair transplant model validates the preclinical potential of SCUBE3.”

visit this link https://scitechdaily.com/ .. s-hair-growth/

Last edited by Mozzie; 08-15-2022 at 01:46 AM..
+9   

best
worst
78 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 66218 66 K  Slaps total: 4695 4 K
Fuq her
+16   

1 month ago '05        #3
Mrniceguy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 9332 9 K  Slaps total: 2305 2 K
fu*k her... i might get my hairline back! :)
+71   

1 month ago '17        #4
Cronion2415  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 22737 22 K  Slaps total: 1192 1 K

Sounds promising
+3   

1 month ago '15        #5
Mal215 
Props total: 32517 32 K  Slaps total: 3932 3 K
Hope that bi*ch stay bald for life
+10   

1 month ago '04        #6
CentsCuZ  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11136 11 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
They've been saying a cure for baldness is right around the corner for at least 20 years. There's always some crazy side effect that comes out in the late stages of testing.
+30   

1 month ago '06        #7
datVAkid 
Props total: 45563 45 K  Slaps total: 7357 7 K
Bashing black women yaw dont even know... for no reason.

1 month ago '04        #8
ddash 
Props total: 88176 88 K  Slaps total: 6524 6 K
KEEPS legit works
+3   

1 month ago '19        #9
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 61869 61 K  Slaps total: 9828 9 K
 CentsCuZ said
They've been saying a cure for baldness is right around the corner for at least 20 years. There's always some crazy side effect that comes out in the late stages of testing.
Peep how any 'discovery' or invention that directly impacts capitalism always quietly goes away. Smh.
+2   

1 month ago '15        #10
Hellmatic 
Props total: 63545 63 K  Slaps total: 5791 5 K
 ddash said
KEEPS legit works
Yea but supposedly a common side effect of finasteride is that you get ED
+15   

1 month ago '15        #11
Hellmatic 
They only tested this with mice. By the time it comes to be available to humans it'll be like 10 years
+3   

1 month ago '06        #12
datVAkid 
Props total: 45563 45 K  Slaps total: 7357 7 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
Peep how any 'discovery' or invention that directly impacts capitalism always quietly goes away. Smh.
how does it impact capitalism?
+4   

1 month ago '04        #13
ddash 
 Hellmatic said
I only used the drip and never took the pill

Yea its some side effects but I only used the drip solution and not the pills.I think if I used both,I would have braids lol.

I use it for a month and stop for 2-3 months.Then come back for a month.After 3 weeks you 100% see results and if 2 months use you have a full head of hair.It cant regrew ya edges fully but you will def have a ton of hair.

For $33 mane I got no issues with it lol.
+5   

1 month ago '15        #14
Hellmatic 
 ddash said
I only used the drip and never took the pill

Yea its some side effects but I only used the drip solution and not the pills.I think if I used both,I would have braids lol.

I use it for a month and stop for 2-3 months.Then come back for a month.After 3 weeks you 100% see results and if 2 months use you have a full head of hair.It cant regrew ya edges fully but you will def have a ton of hair.

For $33 mane I got no issues with it lol.
So it grows some of it back permanently huh

I think I was scared to try minoxidil cause I read that you not only lose the hair you got back but some of the ones that were there before if you stop using it.

Why you stop and continue then go back?
+3   

1 month ago '04        #15
ddash 
 Hellmatic said
So it grows some of it back permanently huh

I think I was scared to try minoxidil cause I read that you not only lose the hair you got back but some of the ones that were there before if you stop using it.

Why you stop and continue then go back?
Cause it ain't permanent lol
I only used the minoxidil.The finasteride is the pills.I never took the pills

Your will def lose the hair if you stop taking the product.imo 1 month of use last 2 months.Then you will be back where you started.

I been using the shampoo and that def works as well.I aint use the pills in 2 months just the shampoo and still got hair

Remember im not using properly tho.The minoxidil is only for the crown of ya head lol.My crown is fine,its the front and top that has issues.So I said if it works on the crown ,then that bi*ch work everywhere lol.Sure enough it does work everywhere.

The finasteride for total growth.So if u use both products you will have hella hair after 4 weeks.Im only using half and got all my hair back

Last edited by ddash; 08-15-2022 at 03:47 AM..
+7   

1 month ago '04        #16
qutaboi225  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 63721 63 K  Slaps total: 7679 7 K
 ddash said

Your will def lose the hair if you stop taking the product.imo 1 month of use last 2 months.Then you will be back where you started.

I been using the shampoo and that def works as well.I aint use the pills in 2 months just the shampoo and still got hair

Remember im not using properly tho.The minoxidil is only for the crown of ya head lol.My crown is fine,its the front and top that has issues.So I said if it works on the crown ,then that bi*ch work everywhere lol.Sure enough it does work everywhere.

The finasteride for total growth.So if u use both products you will have hella hair after 4 weeks.Im only using half and got all my hair back
I'm losing the crown and my hairline is fine. Have you had any side effects? And would I have to use them for life?
+1   

1 month ago '15        #17
Hellmatic 
 ddash said

I only got some hairline receding myself. My sh*t look like Meek mill sh*t on one side and meeker mill on the other
+9   

1 month ago '15        #18
Hellmatic 
 qutaboi225 said
I'm losing the crown and my hairline is fine. Have you had any side effects? And would I have to use them for life?
I'm thinking the best option is hair transplant and using the finasteride or both for a year then stopping and letting the transplant effect do its thing. Probably the best way to ensure that the results remain near perfect
+1   

1 month ago '22        #19
3peatfastcash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 4540 4 K  Slaps total: 2283 2 K
Bald women are cursed
It's a scripture on the bible forgot

Alot sistas are evil why their hair won't grow long
+1   

1 month ago '08        #20
flav 
Props total: 19168 19 K  Slaps total: 4182 4 K
 Hellmatic said

Yeah i wouldn’t touch it with a 12ft pole man… even if people are saying “it’a rare”, playing with DHT is too damn risky
+4   

1 month ago '18        #21
Agent Zero 
Props total: 1570 1 K  Slaps total: 201 201
If it works for LeBron there's hope for everyone

1 month ago '06        #22
Mike in Reno 
Props total: 4842 4 K  Slaps total: 701 701
I thought I was balding on the crown and I got on finasteride. I took it for maybe a year or so. Then just said F it, I’ll just ease into the bald head like Kobe. If I had a low Nas fade fade, you really couldn’t even tell.

I started growing wicks and now I’m not sure I was ever really balding, the hair on my crown just grows slower than the rest, but it’s till there and still grows.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #23
AgentOrange 
Props total: 13881 13 K  Slaps total: 2888 2 K
Cap she doesn't have Alopecia, she has a shaved head. My godson has Alopecia. there is a big difference looking at her shaved head to looking at his bald head.
+1   

1 month ago '22        #24
MONEY WORLD 
Props total: 3319 3 K  Slaps total: 2875 2 K
 Hellmatic said
Yea I would never risk that, because from what I've read, not only is ED the side effect, but the ED is permanent even when you stop using it.

I had some minor recession, and I just use minoxidil, the shampoo, and take biotin. I've seen great results with that. My hairline is full.

I use minoxidil everyday tho, I've never stopped for years now.

1 month ago '22        #25
Mystic97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4835 4 K  Slaps total: 1781 1 K
Damn I was anticipating GI Jane 2
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Hurricane Ian.. Florida Yall prepared?
149 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Sep 26 - 30-year fixed mortgage rate jumps to 6.8%. Highest reading since 2008..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+57online now  4
Image(s) inside Gaming Setup Thread
132 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  2
Image(s) inside Hacker says Rockstar has been working on GTA 6 since 2014 and invested..
76 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy