The Rock fought to keep Black Adam out of the 1st Shazam movie

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '04        #1
3834 page views
58 comments

Kadroan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 53809 53 K  Slaps total: 6372 6 K
The Rock fought to keep Black Adam out of the 1st Shazam movie

;s=19
+43   

best
worst
58 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '22        #2
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 34139 34 K  Slaps total: 19867 19 K
Dwayne2024Szn
+14   

1 month ago '12        #3
Klasicktha1 
Props total: 13284 13 K  Slaps total: 3011 3 K
I ain't mad at it and I just read somewhere that they might reshoot the 3rd act of the Flash to give Batfleck more scenes. If that's true I wonder wtf are we in for good and bad lol
+3   

1 month ago '20        #4
RTJ 
Props total: 21862 21 K  Slaps total: 1808 1 K
But the JSA are being introduced in Black Adam

+2   

1 month ago '16        #5
TrillSp 
Props total: 29000 29 K  Slaps total: 2606 2 K
It’s a disservice to have The Rock playing The Rock basically ��. Where’s the ears or hair piece at least? ����*♂️
+28   

1 month ago '04        #6
dat_boi_tj 
Props total: 5920 5 K  Slaps total: 354 354
Great move. Im in the minority that didn’t like shazam at all.
+10   

1 month ago '05        #7
halfadash 
Props total: 7866 7 K  Slaps total: 318 318
 TrillSp said
It’s a disservice to have The Rock playing The Rock basically ��. Where’s the ears or hair piece at least? ����*♂️
This is a great point.

I think they most likely tried it, but with The Rock's overbearing look I bet he looked ridiculous. I think this is why in all of his movies he looks the exact same.
+11   

1 month ago '10        #8
jhust4ever 
Props total: 4680 4 K  Slaps total: 847 847
I see why Tyreses couldn't get along with the rock.

No one man should have all that power.

The Rock for president 2024

1 month ago '19        #9
World Wide Pleb 
Props total: 10595 10 K  Slaps total: 1470 1 K
Shoulda fought harder to keep the Rock outta doing movies

+7   

1 month ago '12        #10
Klasicktha1 
 halfadash said
This is a great point.

I think they most likely tried it, but with The Rock's overbearing look I bet he looked ridiculous. I think this is why in all of his movies he looks the exact same.
The hair on Black Adam probably looked ridiculous in live action but the ears he probably could've made work
+11   

1 month ago '19        #11
Richy 
Props total: 2600 2 K  Slaps total: 473 473
The rock be doing the most unbelievable scenes in his movies …& I mean Superman type sh*t
+8   

1 month ago '20        #12
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 33383 33 K  Slaps total: 2382 2 K
 halfadash said
This is a great point.

He rocked that wig real good in Scorpion King ...

They need to give the suit a few more gold accents too

The Gold shackles that usually are on his wrists for example...
+7   

1 month ago '17        #13
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66
Props total: 77268 77 K  Slaps total: 9728 9 K
sh*t is going to be trash. Name a Rock movie that you've watched more than once. Go ahead and name one and if you do I know it's cap. Rock is not a strong enough actor to play Black Adam. He can't even commit to wearing a wig, ear prosthetics or even trying at an accent. Movie is going to be The Rock in cosplay
+8   

1 month ago '20        #14
CorleoneShakur  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 4921 4 K  Slaps total: 1172 1 K
 GodBody said
sh*t is going to be trash. Name a Rock movie that you've watched more than once. Go ahead and name one and if you do I know it's cap. Rock is not a strong enough actor to play Black Adam. He can't even commit to wearing a wig, ear prosthetics or even trying at an accent. Movie is going to be The Rock in cosplay
the masses of ppl who aren’t comic nerds don’t care. We Just want to see a quality movie with great action scenes like the Russos provided with the Captain America movies. They got me to watch comic book movies because they actually put realistic gritty action scenes in there. Now I stopped watching again because the MCU went back to the same dry cookie cutter family friendly formula that panders to comic geeks and teenage girls.
+10   

1 month ago '22        #15
Master Baiter 
Props total: 2235 2 K  Slaps total: 69 69
 CorleoneShakur said
the masses of ppl who aren’t comic nerds don’t care. We Just want to see a quality movie with great action scenes like the Russos provided with the Captain America movies. They got me to watch comic book movies because they actually put realistic gritty action scenes in there. Now I stopped watching again because the MCU went back to the same dry cookie cutter family friendly formula that panders to comic geeks and teenage girls.
You most be confused because it's the casuals who like that cookie cutter sh*t and the comic book "nerds" who want sh*t to be dark and gritty like the comics of the late 80's and 90's

Anyways I agree with your sentiment regardless how you put it, dark, serious, gritty over that kiddy sh*t anyday

Last edited by Master Baiter; 08-15-2022 at 05:13 AM..
+9   

1 month ago '20        #16
CorleoneShakur  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 4921 4 K  Slaps total: 1172 1 K
 Master Baiter said
You most be confused because it's the casuals who like that cookie cutter sh*t and the comic book "nerds" who want sh*t to be dark and gritty like the comics of the late 80's and 90's
Maybe but I’ve seen a lot of ppl online hyping up all the mid that MCU has released since endgame and that trash Spider-Man movie. Typing long essays about how all this mid is building up the lore and connecting dots..stuff that only comic geeks appreciate.

1 month ago '22        #17
Master Baiter 
Props total: 2235 2 K  Slaps total: 69 69
 CorleoneShakur said
Maybe but I’ve seen a lot of ppl online hyping up all the mid that MCU has released since endgame and that trash Spider-Man movie. Typing long essays about how all this mid is building up the lore and connecting dots..stuff that only comic geeks appreciate.
Those are casuals most likely because Tom Holland's Spider-man ain't even close to comic book accurate Spider-man. They skipped past uncle Ben's death and made Iron Man a mentor figure instead of spidey finding his own, they mixed aspects of Miles Morales's World with Peter Parker's World.

I understand they're making their own universe so I give them a pass

But I hate how they implement and over due the comedy in some of the movies especially Thor

Last edited by Master Baiter; 08-15-2022 at 05:57 AM..
+3   

1 month ago '17        #18
DavidTheMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33352 33 K  Slaps total: 18915 18 K
Thats stupid.
Black Adam and Shazaam are linked.
Him being in Shazaam and having him, Shazaam and Supex would have been epic.
+5   

1 month ago '05        #19
The Utmost 
Props total: 8356 8 K  Slaps total: 767 767
black adam and the 2nd shazam movie seem to exist independently and i don't get it
+6   

1 month ago '20        #20
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 10403 10 K  Slaps total: 628 628
I'm in there first day
+3   

1 month ago '20        #21
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 10403 10 K  Slaps total: 628 628
 GodBody said
The Rundown
+14   

1 month ago '17        #22
KINGMFCOLD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 12042 12 K  Slaps total: 1303 1 K
 LordRupertEvert said
The Rundown
Be Cool

1 month ago '07        #23
ReArranged 
Props total: 868 868  Slaps total: 97 97
This is like trying to keep Lex Luthor out of a Superman movie. It just doesn't make sense. Rock just wants top billing and doesn't want to play a character that is gonna get his a*s kicked by a kid with super powers.
+9   

1 month ago '20        #24
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x211
Props total: 114349 114 K  Slaps total: 23246 23 K
 DavidTheMan said
Thats stupid.
Black Adam and Shazaam are linked.
Him being in Shazaam and having him, Shazaam and Supex would have been epic.
Like I can see if he was any other character but Shazam/Black Adam go together (it’s like the same mythology) it would have been perfect to connect the dots how y’all want a DCEU but don’t want to lay down the seeds?

Last edited by 5ive04our; 08-15-2022 at 07:15 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '12        #25
Klasicktha1 
 Oldbrooklyn718 said
He rocked that wig real good in Scorpion King ...

They need to give the suit a few more gold accents too

The Gold shackles that usually are on his wrists for example...
The suit actually has all that when you see the behind the scenes pics so its stupid they changed it to all black. This is the Rock at the recent comic con and there is video footage of it and the suit looks amazing and he looks waaaaay better in the suit with its original look. They need to keep it like this drop the dumb a*s re-color they are doing with it

Last edited by Klasicktha1; 08-15-2022 at 07:14 AM..
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+57online now  20
Image(s) inside Gaming Setup Thread
138 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Hurricane Ian.. Florida Yall prepared?
158 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  9
Sep 26 - 30-year fixed mortgage rate jumps to 6.8%. Highest reading since 2008..
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  2
Video inside Sep 26 - US will take ‘catastrophic’ action if Vladimir Putin uses nucl..
114 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy