online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Brandon jennings says the nba being a players league is the dumbest thing ever

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 years ago '10        #1
5786 page views
140 comments

trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x122
Props total: 186306 186 K  Slaps total: 19002 19 K
Brandon jennings says the nba being a players league is the dumbest thing ever

Blames bron and cp3

+56   

icon
best
icon
worst
140 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  2 years ago '04        #2
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 111435 111 K  Slaps total: 29466 29 K
Disgruntled employee...If he was in the NBA currently, he wouldn't be saying none of this
emoji
+97   

2 years ago '06        #3
Don Kaliko  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8690 8 K  Slaps total: 1970 1 K
He's right about the passion of the game being lost, but mostly with the stars. Sure there are the exceptions; like Giannis, but for the most part, the passion isn't there for the stars and they dictate the game.

That is what happens when it becomes a business. It becomes just like work and you move around work place to work place, til ultimately you find some thing that fits you. Even when it fits you, you find some thing that doesn't suit you because you're not the owner. Unless, of course you're winning and that is the equivalence of a promotion.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that worked retail, industrial, governmental jobs where it is cool for the pay. You got in there and worked your hardest, but after some time, you wanna move on. Either you don't like the company, environment, or the people you work with. I imagine that's the same as the NBA.

Last edited by Don Kaliko; 08-13-2022 at 11:06 AM..
+49   

2 years ago '20        #4
NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x67
Props total: 30846 30 K  Slaps total: 9910 9 K
Somewhat true
+15   

2 years ago '17        #5
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 81667 81 K  Slaps total: 11922 11 K
Nba is entertainment its no longer a sport
+47   

2 years ago '07        #6
BallDontLie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 41619 41 K  Slaps total: 8096 8 K
Lebron ruined the game in lot more ways than just this...he's the main reason nba so damn soft now mf want a foul call everytime someone poke him and doesnt wanna compete unless he got at least 2 other all stars there to carry him with role players willing to take the blame for his losses

U praise this mf for making his teammates better and getting players paid, then why did 10 lakers lose their job this off season? Ain't the first time he ruined someone's career either everyone has gone downhill after playing with this overrated attention wh0re

2 years ago '09        #7
TriniSoldier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 130547 130 K  Slaps total: 28571 28 K
He ain't lying. Steph and the warriors brought the love back to the regular season for a lot of people a few years ago but the players been devaluing the fu#k out of their own product.
+42   

2 years ago '06        #8
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 118892 118 K  Slaps total: 12010 12 K
You're hard pressed to find any other profession that thinks they should get paid more for doing way less... Especially in comparison to their predecessors.

Jordan was getting paid twice as much as the next highest paid NBA player his last 2 seasons with the Bulls and played all 82 games in his mid 30's...

+18   

2 years ago '10        #9
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x122 OP
Props total: 186306 186 K  Slaps total: 19002 19 K
definitely too much player control when an under contract kd can not only force his way out but give a small list of contenders you can trade him to
+37   

2 years ago '07        #10
Bkjj11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x222
Props total: 257809 257 K  Slaps total: 43885 43 K
If I pay to go to an event and the player decides he doesn't want to play I'm not going to their said game again.
+23   

2 years ago '14        #11
Batfirt 20 
Props total: 2930 2 K  Slaps total: 772 772
You had fans siding with the players over the owners, but I'm starting to see fans turning against the players because of what they been doing these past few seasons. That next CBA between the owners and players is going to be interesting. Players will continue to make money, but some power is going to be taken away.
+20   

2 years ago '15        #12
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 67825 67 K  Slaps total: 27320 27 K
it definitely wasnt Stern most of these changes came under Adam Silver. I'm not a fan of requiring a certain PPG for a stipulation cause a team can simply hold a player out if they dont want to pay them. However he's spot on about these guys taking games off when they feel like it it hurts the paying fan.
+16   

2 years ago '18        #13
A Cold Game  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 38153 38 K  Slaps total: 4593 4 K
I don’t get how people don’t see the big picture…

The passion for the game is not there because EVERYONE has access to EVERYTHING.

The league has always been the same as far as the balance of competition and number of stars…. People just don’t watch the regular season because there’s a billion other things pulling at their attention .

The world has become bigger … and that means some things don’t matter the way they used to .
+27   

2 years ago '21        #14
Optimus Maximus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 16407 16 K  Slaps total: 5871 5 K
 soso24 said 🔗
You're hard pressed to find any other profession that thinks they should get paid more for doing way less... Especially in comparison to their predecessors.

Jordan was getting paid twice as much as the next highest paid NBA player his last 2 seasons with the Bulls and played all 82 games in his mid 30's...

Michael Jordan was underpaid for his entire career. Jordan single handedly made the NBA globally popular and billions of dollars simultaneously.

The NBA should've paid Jordan $100 million a year.
+36   

2 years ago '11        #15
greedy87 
Props total: 28623 28 K  Slaps total: 8701 8 K
If I’m player I’m getting player options put in every year of my contract. That way when I opt out and go where I want to go you won’t have bi#ch a$s fans/ and bitter ex players complaining smh
+4   

2 years ago '11        #16
greedy87 
Props total: 28623 28 K  Slaps total: 8701 8 K
 BallDontLie said 🔗
Lebron ruined the game in lot more ways than just this...he's the main reason nba so damn soft now mf want a foul call everytime someone poke him and doesnt wanna compete unless he got at least 2 other all stars there to carry him with role players willing to take the blame for his losses

U praise this mf for making his teammates better and getting players paid, then why did 10 lakers lose their job this off season? Ain't the first time he ruined someone's career either everyone has gone downhill after playing with this overrated attention wh0re
This is some of the dumbest sh1t I’ve read today smh
+16   

2 years ago '15        #17
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 61718 61 K  Slaps total: 7075 7 K
 trill jackson said 🔗
Blames bron and cp3

“Kids just go to highlights” and hot takes shows

Felt that one. Probably the most uneducated of the major sports

They don’t literally care about the game, don’t know what plays teams run or how they get in position to score or get a stop.

Then they go on 2K and left right dribble then get mad when the devs try to turn it into basketball and howl on Twitter

Terrible.
+27   

2 years ago '06        #18
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 118892 118 K  Slaps total: 12010 12 K
 Optimus Maximus said 🔗
Michael Jordan was underpaid for his entire career. Jordan single handedly made the NBA globally popular and billions of dollars simultaneously.

The NBA should've paid Jordan $100 million a year.
I'm agreeing with you... Not sure why you're slapping my post.
emoji

2 years ago '15        #19
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 61718 61 K  Slaps total: 7075 7 K
 greedy87 said 🔗
If I’m player I’m getting player options put in every year of my contract. That way when I opt out and go where I want to go you won’t have bi#ch a$s fans/ and bitter ex players complaining smh
That's not how the association works

...and that kind of thinking is beyond privileged. Not understanding how hard it is to get one of the 400+ jobs as a player.
+4   

2 years ago '11        #20
Gamemusic 
Props total: 24795 24 K  Slaps total: 2213 2 K
The NFL is an owners league where they can not pay you, tag you so you STILL have to play for their team, possibly get hurt and then get paid less.

The NBA is a players league where people are signing 4 year contracts for high a$s money, then request trades because all of a sudden they don't like the team they CHOSE to sign the contract with.

Both leagues honestly just need to be balanced more in a way so it's 50/50. The NBA definitely seems like they're about to do something about this in the next CBA, I can't see the NFL giving anymore control to players though unfortunately.
+15   

2 years ago '19        #21
Ezzy718  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 2273 2 K  Slaps total: 448 448
 BallDontLie said 🔗

Yea lebron is the sole reason the nba is soft u bron groupies pull whatever out the air to make a comment shut up‼️
+4   

2 years ago '06        #22
authenic 
Props total: 10795 10 K  Slaps total: 2290 2 K
The fans and the media is the ones that lost the passion...players have smarten up to steer clear up franchises that arent looking to compete...
+10   

2 years ago '14        #23
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 153993 153 K  Slaps total: 58128 58 K
Is this tap dancing?
+2   

2 years ago '05        #24
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 60909 60 K  Slaps total: 9082 9 K
Pointless bi#ching….league has been entertaining and there were only a few bad seeds

Wh0ever comes out of the west and east will be interesting
+1   

2 years ago '05        #25
projectd06 
Props total: 49384 49 K  Slaps total: 10654 10 K
As a fan I agree, I'm not a player and don't care for their perspective
emoji
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3319
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
282 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5217
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+4110
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+574
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food